[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 years later what does /co/ think of House OF M?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: HouseofM.jpg (44 KB, 300x458) Image search: [Google]
HouseofM.jpg
44 KB, 300x458
10 years later what does /co/ think of House OF M?
>>
It was the beginning of the end of Marvel.
>>
The first instance of X-Men stories being sacrificed to prop up shitty Avengers characters.
>>
House of Wolverine, more like.

Bendis has a character go nuts without developing or exploring that character much at all, and gives us a stupid reason for them doing things.

Like all Bendis events its based on a gimmick.
>>
>>81982151
It would be awesome as an Elseworld/What If SW went bonkers, but since it was main continuity it was dumb.
>>
>>81982224
Or Mystic/Avenger characters being hamfistedly turned into X-Men characters by Bendis.
>>
I've never read it, but it's shit
>>
What a fucking waste of Copiel. In the end it was just decompressed garbage. Like everything else Bendis writes.
>>81983314
Legit /co/ response my faggot fuckbuddy.
>>
I wish it wish longer and expanded more on the Doom/Magneto conflict. That was the best part of it.
>>
>muh scarlet witch
Here. That's /co/ opinion of the event.
>>
>>81983454
>decompressed garbage. Like everything else Bendis writes.

Legit /co/ response my faggot fuckbuddy.
>>
>>81982151
Age of Apocalypse was better.
>>
>>81984587
Fuck, even Flashpoint was better.
>>
I miss loli Layla
>>
I haven't read it. I assume it's really dumb. Bendis doesn't like a lot of those characters. Bad repercussions tho
>>
>>81984638
>I assume it's really dumb
This.

>Bad repercussions tho
It influences the direction of the subsequent X-overs.
>>
It was mostly fun. And some of the tie-ins were great. A solid Elseworld story.
>>
>>81984638
He liked Carol for some reason because she was popular there and is now popular in 616
>>
>>81982189
First post is always right.
>>
>Main event is meh, although using wolvie as the viewpoint is logical
>tie ins had lots of cool scenarios
>lasting repercussions were terrible for the x-books
>>
>>81987416
>>lasting repercussions were terrible for the x-books

house of M was where i stop following x-books. What happened?
>>
>>81987544
Decimation removed 16 million mutants from the world and kept new ones from appearing until AvX. Even after it was fixed the wound lingered. Now all new mutants could only be teens. Older and more mature mutants like Gambit, Emma, Wolverine could never be created, limiting bith the new heroes and the new villains.
>>
>>81982151
It was very, very pretty, because Coipel is top goddamn tier.

It irrecoverably damaged the X-Men, even if some writers (mostly Carey) managed to make it work for a while.

It was not a great story.
>>
Destroyed Wanda.
>>
What it did to Peter was both tragic and frustrating.
>>
>>81982151
it was a stake through the heart of the x-men

literally "fuck muties, we /avengers/ now", the comic
>>
>>81982151
Typical Marvel Garbage
>>
>>81982151
It was absolute garbage. The only reason this isn't my most hated event in the last fifteen years is because Civil war exists.
It was not only bad, it was dull, and an uninspired alt universe (i mean holy shit compare this to the incredible world created for AoA). Not to mention if resulted in 'no more mutants' which in my opinion was the jumping point from which mutants became disposable. It was really the tipping point for them.

Before then Morrison built up this idea of a mutant population boom. Tossing shit on its head and throwing out the idea of a paradigm shift in how the public views mutants. Theyre not an abberation but truly what comes next. But nope. House of M had to come along and make them as rare as possible again to reinforce their outcast status and flush em down the toilet.

I don't think x books have ever fucking recovered.
>>
>>81987040
It was awesome when Gambit told Carol not to touch him with her filthy sapien hands.
>>
>>81987854
And what did we get after Decimation was removed? Eye-Boy and Sharktits. Return ban on new mutants.
>>
File: latest.jpg (81 KB, 400x410) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
81 KB, 400x410
It makes me realize that Coipel desperately needs to do a She hulk series with free reign on Cheesecake.
>>
>>81992905
I liked the Thunderbolts tie-in where the Kree flat out state that humans and mutants are the same species.
>>
>>81982151

I liked it and Coipel was amazing as usual.
>>
it shouldn't have been an event
>>
>>81993452
To the Kree they would be: The Kree are a race of aliens that can no longer evolve through random natural evolutionary mutation, their concept of other species' genetic divergences are filtered through that worldview(universeview).
An emergent species of mutants from humans would seem like just another alien race evolving into a different basic nature over time.
>>
Man if this event came out in 2016 all the paranoid fags thinking there was a conspiracy against the X-Men would kill themselves
>>
I liked it when I read it in 2009 or so but I bet I wouldn't anymore. I bet I'd appreciate the tie ins more so though.

>>81983534
There's a couple minis that do this I think >>81984613
Holy fuck this this this the first twenty or so issues of X-Factor are perfect in large part because of her
>>
I really think house of M was a great story and the tie ins were amazing. "No more mutants" makes me sad till this day as an x-men fan.
>>
Age of Apocalypse 2: Memetic Boogaloo

Company wide forced fuckfest with no clear direction, no real story worth telling like that, inconsistent PoVs

And it all would have been fine if it was fun or had some interesting repercussions back into the real MU. Instead it raped the muties and fucked their entire story up to this day
>>
File: nomoremutants.jpg (40 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
nomoremutants.jpg
40 KB, 500x250
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.