[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazo the unbeatable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Amazo.png (79 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
Amazo.png
79 KB, 350x262
I'm kinda confused. In the comics, Superman and Batman are an unbeatable force.

Yet this dude, Amazo pummels the every single member of the Justice League. The Justice League were all prepped up and ready for him. Tallied together. Yet they couldn't even scratch him.

Given that he took launched Grundy out into space forever, what would it take to bring Amazo down? Could Superman and Batman do it?
>>
For some reason he always pissed me off.
>>
>>81978367
>Could Superman and Batman do it?
If the plot demanded it.
>>
>>81978439
And if the plot was indifferent if Supers and Bats would win or not?
>>
Is he still in space trying to figure out a way to stop chaos Grundy?
>>
>>81978516
That was his fate in JLU. I believe it was because the writers couldn't figure out what to do with him.
>>
In the comics, they beat him by disbanding the Justice League
>>
>>81978555
??????
>>
>>81978367
I haven't watched JLU in a long ass time and don't know much about Grundy's backstory, but what does he have to do with being able to defeat Amazo
>>
Can Amazo defeat OPM?
>>
>>81978642
Comic AMAZO had the powers of "everyone in the Justice League"
>>
>>81978849
Grundy was having a pissy fit and when Amazo stepped in to stubdue him, Grundy only got stronger.

Perplexed by Grundy's ability he ran off to the moon to think of a new solution and to not be of danger to anyone.
>>
JL/JLU is the only version of Amazo I've seen that doesn't get beaten and doesn't look like a giant orange Namor.
>>
>>81978889
Yes, but then the question becomes, could OPM survive his own full strength punch?
>>
>>81978905
Oh. I guess that makes sense.

It's a dumb oversight but it's a valid one none the less.
>>
>>81978367
amazo was too powerful for them to do anything with the character

the robot evolved to the point were he can just think and move planets

so they just let him dick around with dr.fate to find his purpose

he is one of my favorite characters
>that part were bats uses the kyptonite on him
>and then he used manhunter's powers to see who was telling the truth

sends chills down my spine
>>
>>81978905
That's actually very clever.
Superheroes should defeat the enemy by being clever. And not by blasting them in the face with lasers or calling in a hundred robots...
>>
>>81978367
If they worked together, just the two of them, they could beat him if he hadn't learned anyone else's powers yet.
>>
>>81978953
what if they punch each others fist at exactly the same time?
>>
>>81979055

Ever heard of the big bang?
>>
>>81979055
>>81979078
That would make the big bang look like a small spark.
>>
>>81978466
>if the plot was indifferent

there is not this idea
>>
>>81978367
>In the comics, Superman and Batman are an unbeatable force.
No they aren't.
You've never read a fucking comic in your life.
If Superman and Batman just the two of them together were an "unbeatable" force then why would thr Justice League exist?
Are you fucking retarded.
>>
>>81978516
>>81978542
Timm and Dini both wanted to do a stinger at the very end of the last episode where Amazo was sitting on an asteroid and said "I wonder if it's safe to go back yet..." but they forgot.
>>
>>81979173
>If Superman and Batman just the two of them together were an "unbeatable" force then why would thr Justice League exist?

because they wanted a team of six characters instead of two, feel free to give up on your weak shitposting anytime
>>
>>81979078
>>81979093
Actually Saitama's full strength punch is said to be "half the power of the big bang"
so, mathematically...
>>
>>81979612
Who said that?
>>
>>81979637
One of the creators.
>>
>>81978367
In the comics, Amazo is basically a career jobber. The JL writing staff took the basic idea of the character, ditched the visual appearance, and basically made their own thing. Free from having to keep him in a status quo, they took the character to his logical conclusion by making him more than a fighting machine, and more like a manmade god.
>>
>>81979556
That would've been hilarious.
Though really there's no reason he shouldn't have been able to beat Grundy
>>
>>81979556
wasn't the last episode that crummy batman beyond one?
>>
>>81979949
Wasn't the last ep JL defeating the Brainiac-Luthor fusion?
>>
>>81980382
That was the first JLU season finale, and it's where the creators originally wanted to end the series. The last actual episode is Darkseid showing up on Earth and pushing Superman's shit in, before Lex Luthor shows up and lures him away with the Anti-Life equation.
>>
File: wow (3).gif (2 MB, 352x199) Image search: [Google]
wow (3).gif
2 MB, 352x199
>>81980722
>You have to be a level 12 intellect to even have slightest chance of making it out of the source
>Lex: Then I'm overqualified

That shit was so fucking cash.
>>
>>81979556
>>81978542
They honestly just forgot that Amazo existed and forgot to bring him back sooner

>>81978367
>>81978367
Only if they asked him to stop
>>
>>81980722
Oh yeah. That episode where batman dodges Darkseid's omega beams.
>>
File: Rad Toad.jpg (71 KB, 409x441) Image search: [Google]
Rad Toad.jpg
71 KB, 409x441
>>81982929

>I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard

There were a lot of GOAT moments in that episode.
>>
>>81978466
Then they would lose, because it's easier to write.
>>
>>81978965
>I have transcended that limitation

>"Can you movie it back?"
>eyes glow
>"Done."

He has the best lines
>>
>>81979670
>one of the creators
confirmed for knowing nothing about OPM
>>
>>81979949
>crummy
You sicken me.
>>
>>81978367
>That image

When you expand it, he gets mad at you and looks like he's going to kill you next.
>>
>>81980722
It ended on that note? Fuck. Fuck those faggots man. That was the last episode I ever saw and I thought I had missed one for sure because a crucial plot point never got explained. I hate when faggots don't end a series properly.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.