[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /co/'s opinion on All Grown Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Chuckie1.png (484 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Chuckie1.png
484 KB, 3000x2000
What's /co/'s opinion on All Grown Up
>>
>>81967936
fuck off timbox
>>
The original was shit, but at least they pretend they did something. Who else remembers that working time machine in "Toy place" or the mecha battle in the second movie?All AGU did was was dealing with things like pimples. If every episode was about Tommy and his home movies, maybe I would care.
>>
>>81968280
Are you seriously implying Rugrats was shit?
>>
Their heads unsettled me.
>>
>>81967936
Kimi and Angelica were hot.

Until the artstyle switch.
>>
it's trash. not even bad in a way you can make fun of. it's just pure suffering. like bathing in medical waste.

>>81968280
>The original was shit

fuck off, bruh. they had some nice lighthearted adventures. it wasn;t until dil and kimmy showed up that things started going downhill.
>>
>>81968335
>>81968395
Nah bruh, it was always shit. It's so mean spirited. But then again, aren't all cartoons mean spirited?
>>
>>81968461
You are definitely in the minority with that opinion.

More cartoons should be mean spirited nowadays instead of muh emotions feel good liberal bullshit.
>>
>>81967936
I remember the pilot episode for this being about the babies having a fantasy about being teenagers and that was alright for a one time what-if scenario.

But once it became it's own show, it was just boring. It was just too gimmicky to really last I think. "Hey! You guys like Rugrats? Well now they're teenagers doing teenager things!" The original series was much more interesting seeing the different ways the babies looked at the world. All Grown Up was just a generic high school show.
>>
>>81968511
Personally, I feel like it should be both: A dash of mean-spirited antics with characters being able to rise above that meanness. It could be a metaphor for how shit the actual world is and how it's still possible to be happy.

Something like that.

Anyways, "All Grown Up" is shit and the only people on /co/ who have any appreciation for the show are foot fetishists.
>>
>>81968461
>there are people who will take this very obvious bait
>>
>>81967936
Best teen show there ever was.
>>
File: dat shirt.png (120 KB, 479x355) Image search: [Google]
dat shirt.png
120 KB, 479x355
>>81968573

Kimi was /fa/ enough.
>>
>>81970861
And cute.
>>
>>81967936
Jesus Christ fuck off already.
>>
File: omi.jpg (127 KB, 928x848) Image search: [Google]
omi.jpg
127 KB, 928x848
>>81968461
you heard it here folks.

Mr Enter hates Rugrats
>>
I feel like we have this thread every monday
>>
>>81972195
And I'm so lucky.
>>
File: tumblr_nol8kxhJzO1tmzuglo1_1280.jpg (225 KB, 637x479) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nol8kxhJzO1tmzuglo1_1280.jpg
225 KB, 637x479
Is Angelica Pickles perfect?
>>
File: lowqualitybait.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitybait.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>81968573
>>
Its always the fucking same with these threads.
TimBox, the one autistic anon that's obsessed with Angelica, and the same replies calling the show shit.
>>
>>81967936
The idea was decent, but the execution was shit.
>>
File: HH9z70N6Skk.jpg (46 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
HH9z70N6Skk.jpg
46 KB, 512x384
>>81967936
That's some nice tracing, Boxed Timothy, but you are not fooling anyone.
>>
They weren't actually teenagers they were fucking 11 and Angelina was 12. It pissed me off, they could of at least been 13. What 10 year old looks like that
>>
>>81977377
Well, Angelica is 13 now.
>>
>>81976306
why would he trace it. Why would he make it at all
>>
>>81977618
If they aged in real time, She's 28.
>>
It's like As Told by Ginger but not good.
>>
I was little and I cried when they canceled rugrats
>>
>>81968385
Di they changed that? I honestly didn't bother watching All Grown Up, is it even worth the time?
>>
I REALLY WANNA SHOUT IT OUT
>>
>>81979614
I cried during the first movie were Timmy was about to send Dil to the monkeys.
>>
>>81979961
And say yah!
>>
>>81967936
i wanted to fuck kimmy
>>
It was alright. It never got as good as the original Rugrats episode it was based on but I'd say there were some decent episodes. It shouldn't have been five seasons long though. It should have just been the one season, two at the most, and most importantly shouldn't have replaced the original Rugrats. Once they stopped making Rugrats episodes it stopped being a show about the Rugrats when they're older and just became another cartoon about tweens.
>>
It wasn't awful, but it was kind of held back by the Rugrats franchise. They were always awkwardly walking a line of trying to have it feel like the original show, but character archetypes don't really translate well across the age changes. Being "brave" works well as a character trait for Tommy as a "kid adventure" archetype, but means absolutely nothing to a middle school kid. Similarly "the gross twins" Phil & Lil works fine for toddlers but doesn't really work for middle schoolers.

There's not much of a point in watching it when there are much better shows about similar demographics. Pepper Ann, Braceface, The Weekenders, and As Told By Ginger are all much better shows. Even 6teen is a much better show, if we skew a little older.
>>
>>81978763
Came here to post this.
>>
EVERY BIRTHDAY
>>
File: received_10156713077875551.jpg (87 KB, 1018x1422) Image search: [Google]
received_10156713077875551.jpg
87 KB, 1018x1422
>Angelica Forest-Gumped a retard into being her loyal servant
Disgraceful
>>
They were supposed to be 11 and 12 years old but they acted like older teens. This show came out when I was 11 and I remember not being able to relate at all and wondering why they didn't act like "real kids" like me and my friends.
>>
>>81979961
The sad thing is that I can probably remember every goddamn word of that intro:

>Every birthday, my mom and dad would say
>You're another year older, another year wiser
>But I still go to school and get an education
>So I treat each and every day like a mini vacation

>All grown up, yeah, I really wanna shout it out
>All grown up, it's short but true
>All grown up, yeah, I really wanna shout it out
>All grown up with you
>All grown up with... you

Okay, maybe not every word exactly. But reflecting on the lyrics, it occurs to me just how little sense the song actually makes.
I feel like Nickelodeon did their best to exploit how Cree Summer was one of their only good singers.

I still kind of find it funny how Ariana Grande got famous through Nickelodeon, then proceeded to never look back.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.