[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC should bring back rotating hero books.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Adventure_Comics_Vol_2_4.jpg (371 KB, 853x1318) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Comics_Vol_2_4.jpg
371 KB, 853x1318
Detective Comics is just a Bat Book now. Action Comics is just a Superman comic.

>Detective Comics
>Action Comics
>Adventure Comics
>Sensational Comics
>All-Star Western
They should publish them all; not just Detective and Action; and go back to rotating heroes with second features.

The new Legends of Tomorrow is a format I'd like DC to explore farther.
>>
They dont sell. Secret origins didnt sell, dc presents didnt sell, that weird national comics thing didnt sell
>>
Antholigies and rotating heroes is too risky in today's market. I'm amazed they're even doing Legends.

Though I would love to bring back Adventure Comics
>>
File: 3286124.jpg (162 KB, 600x939) Image search: [Google]
3286124.jpg
162 KB, 600x939
>>81967876
>>
>DC should try to lower their sales
Hah.

Why only DC though? Are you not interested in anthologies if some other publisher publishes them?
>>
>>81967980
Do other publishers do anthologies? Only one I really know of is the Fables series.
>>
>>81968049
>Do other publishers do anthologies?
Image has Island and the sales were so bad they had to cut the number of pages and switch to stables instead of a spine. Also it went on a mini hiatus

Anthologies don't sell in the States, hell I don't even think people like back up stories in their comcis
>>
>>81968049
2000AD
Dark Horse Presents
Heavy Metal
Island

>Only one I really know of is the Fables series.
Fables is DC.

You should read more comics?
>>
Without rotating heroes books how do these heroes even get exposure? I hope Legends of Tomorrow is successful and after awhile we get four new heroes/teams. I'd read a Spectre, DOOM Patrol, Dial H, Plastic Man Legends setup.
>>
>>81968171
Ah yeah, Vertigo is totally under the DC umbrella
>>
>>81968140
I've always enjoyed backup stories because they might be about someone I've never heard of or had never shown any interest in. That's how I discovered the Metal Men.

Like I said here >>81968269, how are other heroes supposed to get exposure? I may have never learned of the Metal Men.
>>
>>81967940
>I'm amazed they're even doing Legends.
They were originally meant to be four seperate mini series. But because of DCYou bombing DC had to put them all in one book.
>>
>>81968459
Like Bizarro and Batmite?
>>
>>81968530
Yeah but more like Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy. All 6 of those titles were announced together but only those two got seperate minis.
>>
>>81968049
Vertigo is doing a American Vampire anthology and DC has Legends of Tomorrow.

DC's Secret Origins managed to double digit numbered issues but that's about it.
>>
>>81968269
Hawk and Dove
Larfleeze
Jonah Hex
Omega Men
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.