[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best superhero movie out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16
File: 1460996840853.jpg (658 KB, 2000x3871) Image search: [Google]
1460996840853.jpg
658 KB, 2000x3871
What's the best superhero movie out there?
>>
>>81966432
TDK, Superman, BB, and Watchmen

i will give you another answer once we get the ultimate cut of BvS.

This isnt the board to talk about movies, go to /tv/ people actually knows about movies there.
>>
File: 1460677798701.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1460677798701.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>81966480
>go to /tv/ people actually knows about movies there
>>
>>81966693
Way more than plebs that think average movies like winter soldier are "extremely good" when it's just comparable with the worst bourne movie.
>>
>>81966827
B T F O
>>
>>81966827
>thinks Watchmen movie was good
>calling anyone else a pleb
>>
>>81966909
>damage control
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 972x1306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 972x1306
>>81966432
>>
>>81966909
Who said anything about Watchmen, friend?
>>
>>81966480
Wait, are you saying that BvS is in the running for best superhero movie? I can't even figure out who the main character is supposed to be in that pile of dog shit.
>>
>>81966909
The problem with /co/ is that they can't look past what was and wasn't adapted with Watchmen. it's still a well made movie when you look at it as just a movie.
>>
>>81966983
See>>81966480

>>81966926
>>81966942

It was about on par with the Hobbjt movies as far as adaptations go
>>
>>81966432
BvS. Until Justice League comes out, probably.
>>
>>81967041

A bad adaptation can be a good movie.
>>
>>81966432
Spider-Man 2, TDK.
The worst would probably be BvS, the Thor movies, Fantfourstic, and Batman Forever/& Robin.
>>
>>81967025
>I'm an idiot
okay
>>
>>81967086
It can, but in this case it wasn't.
>>
Watchmen, Man of Steel, Dawn of Justice, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight
>>
>>81967103
Oh and I forgot Catwoman.
>>81967146
It's pretty fucking bad.
>>
File: 1459353546606.jpg (269 KB, 1372x1221) Image search: [Google]
1459353546606.jpg
269 KB, 1372x1221
>>81966432
TDK is unequivocally the greatest superhero movie of all time and one of the greatest movies ever made in general. It sets the bar so high that no other superhero film has come close to touching it. However there are a number of great superhero films:

Batman Begins, TDKR, Iron Man, X2, First Class, DOFP, Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 2

Plus ones I think are underrated like Watchmen, Man of Steel, BvS, and The First Avenger
>>
File: Meteor_man.jpg (28 KB, 295x443) Image search: [Google]
Meteor_man.jpg
28 KB, 295x443
Everyone knows its Meteor Man
>>
>>81966432
Unbreakable.
>>
>>81967028
I saw an idiot saying in another thread that "aesthetic have nothing to do with a movie being good or bad". There's the kind of idiots here. People that complains all the time about people like Liefeld and at the same time can't understand that a movie is more than "if i enjoy it it's good", they have no eye for Technical stuff.
>>
>>81967120
No really, tell me who the main character is.

>Superman
Less than 40 lines of dialogue and doesn't do anything. He saves Lois twice and lets Jimmy Olsen die.

>Batman
Brands and murders people, downloads some stuff and steals some kyptonite.

>Lois
Falls down and drops a spear

>Wonder Woman
Steals something and hands it right back to person she stole it from. Two separate people said "Is that selena Kyle?" Then stands around in the end

>Lex
WTF. His plan makes no sense, his actions make no sense.

No character grows in any way. No one has a dilemma.
>But batman and superman fight!
No, batman and superman fight for a small period of time and then batman decides not to kill him because their moms share a name. How noble and clearly learning that Superman isn't a threat!

You are a retarded shill if you like BvS, fucking attack of the clones was a better movie.
>>
>>81966432

I am honestly sort of rankled by that line on the monolith, "If you seek his monument, look around you."

Thats not an original line. Its from the grave of Christopher Wren, a super influential english architect. It made sense in the original context because, at the time of his death, you actually could just look around England and find something that was either his work or based on his work.

In BvS, its just sort of a deep sounding line thrown in for ambiance or whatever. It doesn't actually make any sense or mean anything in context. Its just a thing to sound cool, devoid of substance.
>>
>>81967103
>Spider-Man 2

Nostalgia fags nee to stop that, it's a well made movie, but is not even as good as x-men 2. It's better than any marvel movie but is not Burton's Batman either.
>>
>>81967146
>Every single fight scene in the movie
>Nite Owl beating up Ozymandias at the end
>Ozy being such an obvious villain
>Bubastis even existing in the movie since there was no genetic research involved
>The Comedian having no reason for his mental breakdown
>overall being a gratuitous violent action movie
>>
>>81967280
>tell me who the main character is.
Plinkett friend please.
>>
>>81967291
>In BvS, its just sort of a deep sounding line thrown in for ambiance or whatever.
Supes saved the planet twice, look around you refers to what we have because of him.
>>
>>81967280
The movie has CENTRAL characters, not MAIN characters, the storylines work around them. I know you were educated by Generic pop corn movies, but there's nothing wrong with not having them all the time on-screen
>>
>>81967291
>The world only still exists because of Superman
>If you seek his monument look around you

wew lad
>>
>>81967305

>I don't have an answer so I'll just ask you to leave

But thanks for reminding me to check if there is a review up for it yet.
>>
>>81967280
Superman and Batman are protagonists, Wonder Woman and Lois are supporting characters, Lex is the antagonist. You know there can be more than one main character right?
lol
>>
File: kr.jpg (3 MB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
kr.jpg
3 MB, 1240x1754
>>81966432
>>
>>81967291
>In BvS, its just sort of a deep sounding line thrown in for ambiance or whatever.

His work was saving the planet you idiot.
>>
Was Lex's plan supposed to be dumb?
>>
File: 1381102295658.jpg (28 KB, 374x351) Image search: [Google]
1381102295658.jpg
28 KB, 374x351
>>81967385
>parodias argentinas
>>
>>81967412
Was Loki's plan supposed to be dumb?
>>
The Incredibles.
>>
>>81967338
>>81967363
Wow really? I thought it was because we all have potential to be good, just like Superman.
>>
>>81967305

Not him, but its a legitimate criticism.

Coming on the coat tails of MoS and starting with him in the movie's opening, it feels like Superman is supposed to be our main character again. But then he basically does nothing for most of the film besides exist. He has no agency, he is more like the premise of the movie and only there so everyone else can react to his presence.

So Batman should be our protagonist then. This makes sense, as we spend a lot of the movie dealing with his origins and development and stuff. But the movie never treats him as a protagonist, the script treats him like an antagonist.

So I guess it is an ensemble movie, but it sort of feels like it ended up there more because of a lack of managing to be anything else rather than as a deliberate choice. The viewpoint and characterization doesn't really hold together, its just sort of crammed into close proximity and Synder hopes that the magic of cinema will provide the illusion that this is a cohesive story.
>>
>>81967427
Is Loki the "smartest man in the world"?
>>
>>81967304
Ozy clearly lets Nite Owl beat him up. That was an addition I liked because it hints Ozy feels guilty for what he did but can't bring himself in because the whole plan would be ruined.
>>
>>81967304
>since there was no genetic research involved
He being there means there's genetic research-
>The Comedian having no reason for his mental breakdown
I'm pretty sure multiple megadeaths planned by Ozy were a pretty good reason
He didnt, Ozy let him beat him up
>Ozy being such an obvious villain
Worst part of the movie.
>Every single fight scene in the movie
They were great
>overall being a gratuitous violent action movie
Theres nothing wrong about that if you don't care about the comic
>>
>>81967086
It was a relatively faithful adaptation that was a shit movie
>>
>>81967360
>>81967382

No I don't care about screen time, I care about character progression.

No one has a conflict in this film, they just move dumbly through the plot that has holes big enough to drive trucks through.

Let's write out Lex's "plan".
1. Get a large chunk of Kryptonite
2. Write angry notes on checks
3. Lose an import licence for the kryptonite (as opposed to putting in on a goddamn helicopter and and smuggling it in, even Thanos has a helicopter and Lex cares about import/export laws??!)
4. Leak information about a boat it will be smuggled in on
5. Have Batman steal this info at a party
6. Now Batman will fight superman!

What's more amazing is Batman actually did what Lex wanted. You'd need a copy of the script to know that's what you are supposed to do.
>>
>>81967452
I thought it was ironic, saying the destruction of metropolis was his monument
>>
why is the reflective imagery important to the characters? What does Superman's death have to do with the death of Bruce's parents?
>>
>>81967502
>birth of Batman
>birth of Justice League
>>
>>81967502
>What does Superman's death have to do with the death of Bruce's parents?
They both inspire Bruce.
One to become Batman, the other to join forces with others like Superman.
>>
>>81967475
>>81967477
>missing the fucking point of the Nite Owl beating up Ozy thing

I know he let him retards but we don't need Nite Owl coming in and saying YOU ARE A BAD MAN OZY WHAT YOU DID IS WRONG AND YOU ARE THE BAD GUY as the movie's ending note.

>He being there means there's genetic research-

Why? There's no point to it in the story. Just a purple cat out of nowhere. If you ignore the comic and look at the movie in a vacuum it's completely random and pointless.

>I'm pretty sure multiple megadeaths planned by Ozy were a pretty good reason

Yeah the Comedian is so easily traumatized by large-scale death.
>They were great
>Theres nothing wrong about that if you don't care about the comic

If you just want to see 300 with Watchmen costumes why waste time with the rest of the story? We half-assed a serious story about superheroes and then got a bunch of cheesy Snyder action on top of that. Why do this?
>>
>>81967454

It's a REVENGE TRAGEDY. Is not a legitimate criticism at least you think all movies should be the same.
>>
>>81967422
It's a book adaptation.
>>
File: 11-CW-Ant-Man-4x6.jpg (117 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
11-CW-Ant-Man-4x6.jpg
117 KB, 1200x1800
Ant Man was one of my favorites
>>
>>81967280
>No character grows in any way

Bruce Wayne attends a funeral at the beginning and end the film.

Both instances cause him to change his perception of the world. This wasn't even something you had to look for.
>>
>>81967486
>Let's write out Lex's "plan".

There's not A plan.
Those are SEVERAL different plans, all in motion. Why? He knows having 1 masterplan is stupid since they don't usually work.
>>
>>81967672
He had 2.
A) Get Batman to kill Superman
B) Make a monster to kill Superman if Batman fails.
>>
>>81967635
Nite Owl was frustrated and lost the closest thing he has to a friend.

>>81967635
>Why? There's no point to it in the story
The smartest guy in the world could invent stuff like that, it shows that he isnt just a smart rich guy, he is beyond the limitations of OUR world, he may be abble to beat Doc.

>>81967635
>Yeah the Comedian is so easily traumatized by large-scale death.

It was. Guess what: Even soldiers have limits.
>>
>>81966432
With what has been officially released thus far, the answer is obviously Winter Soldier.
>>
>>81967774
I love this meme
>>
>>81967200
Out of interest how old were you when TDK came out?

Genuinely interested.
>>
>>81967732
C) Get Darkseid to kill Superman
>>
>>81967304
>Bubastis even existing in the movie since there was no genetic research involved

They mention Genetic Engineering near the beginning though when Daniel meets Adrian about a possible Mask killer.
>>
File: zn.jpg (90 KB, 620x886) Image search: [Google]
zn.jpg
90 KB, 620x886
>>81967385
>>81967422
>>
>>81967486
There was a lot of character progression. Batman's whole philosophy was turned around and he did a complete 180 in his perception of others. He believed that he was the only good man left in the entire planet. "How many good men are left? How many stayed that way?" Superman (and to an extent, Wonder Woman) showed him that people are still good and gave him hope that the other metahumans will also be good.

Every one of Batman's thoughts were proven wrong. He realized his "1%" chance is pure paranoia and not everyone has to be an enemy. He realizes that cruelty isn't the way to do things. He regains the ability to trust people other than Alfred, something he hasn't done since Robin's death.

Wonder Woman changed too. The only reason she came back to the people of men was to retrieve a photo, but she was inspired by Superman, Batman, and the other metahumans to come back to the realm of men. Why else would she have put herself at risk to fight Doomsday?

Now I'm not an expert at this, but even I was able to see this character progression.
>>
>>81967672

Lex had no real plan, he was just flailing randomly like a sperg.

There is no, I repeat NO, conceivable outcome of Doomsday that would have been to Lex's advantage.

If Superman beats Doomsday, then Lex still gets caught and goes to jail, except this time the charges against him are even greater.

If Doomssday succeeds in killing superman... congrats, you still have a rampaging Doomsday. The whole point of making him was that nothing else was strong enough to kill Superman, and superman is stronger. So whats your brilliant master plan for killing Doomsday? He clearly isn't loyal to Lex in any way, if Superman hadn't shown up just in time for Doomsday's reveal then Lex would have been the first to die.

Its not even a rock/paper/scissors kind of thing, where Lex had an ace up his sleeve to kill doomsday that wouldn't work on Superman. They are both Kryptonian, they have the exact same weaknesses. Any plan for solving the Doomsday problem is the exact same thing that would have to work on Superman too, so why not use that one first and cut out the incredibly dangerous middle man?
>>
>>81967811
Sauce of pic?
>>
>>81967200
>TDK is unequivocally the greatest superhero movie of all time and one of the greatest movies ever made in general.

Yet, it can't manage basic things like proper editing or having an establishing shot.

https://youtu.be/801sR_U1Xkw
>>
>>81967849
It's a shoop.
>>
File: BvSexplained_2deep4u.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
BvSexplained_2deep4u.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>81966432
It is funny that you post that picture, OP, because the answer is right there.
>>
>>81967839
>Every one of Batman's thoughts were proven wrong.
Tell that to the Flash, too bad he's probably dead.
>>
>>81967845
What I took from the movie is that Lex wanted either:
A)To be at the top
B)Or to not be at the top but in his own terms
He felt Superman was above him, so he wanted to kill him at all cost, and even if Doomsday also killed him and everybody else in the planet, at least it would be because he created it.
>>
>>81967028
>>81967253

These are undeniably true statements.

However, the implication, that people on /tv/ are somehow better than that, is a remarkable degree of bullshit.
>>
>>81967845
Lex doesnt care about a rampaging Doomsday.
Also, Lex could had stopped Doomsday creation at any point. He had to be activated that's the whole point of Lex being Frankenstein.
>>
>>81968062
>Also, Lex could had stopped Doomsday creation at any point
Did they actually say or show this? Because I sure don't remember it, and even if they did it'd be pointless. How would Lex know if Superman was dead?
>>
>>81966432
Spider-Man 2 still reigns as king of capes
>>
>>81967280
I feel like you could make these kinds of sweeping, belittling generalizations for any movie ever.
>>
>>81968160
It's true. People keep trying to find excuses to hate that masterpiece for some reason. Who knows?
>>
>>81966432
My vote goes to Man of Steel, but I'm a stupid faggot with no taste, and also I probably hate Marvel.

BvS was good, but I hate how it clearly was molded into something it wasn't meant to be because of the endless bitching surrounding MoS. I look forward to the ultimate cut.
>>
>>81967665
Shoehorned imagery isn't growth.
>>
>>81967028

>it's still a well made movie when you look at it as just a movie.

I don't know about that. I like it a lot, but that's from the context of having read the book and being able to mentally fill in the holes the film left out. I'm not sure how it would work for someone who never read the comic and just experienced as its own thing.

>>81968211

>masterpiece

Come on.
>>
TDK
>>
>>81966432
IM1
SM-2
ASM-1
MoS,
Superman,
Batman:Begins
>>
>>81968342
>ASM-1
>MoS,
You what
>>
>>81967751
The comedian, the guy whose entire world view was built on the fact that we are all going to be killed by nukes, suddenly cares if those nukes are blue.

I know Nite Owl was traumatized; I'm saying there's no need for a final monologue about how bad and evil Ozy was.

>a purple cat is the best way to show how smart a character is
>>
>>81968363
I like them.
>>
>>81968257
You are saying Bruce is the same?
The First funeral escene ends with Bruce Wayne being elevated from Mankind: A Ãœbermensch shaped by the darkness.
The second one ends with a God coming back from Death.
>>
>>81967103
Your fucking delusional.
Ben as Batman and his fight scenes alone put BVS above...
>All f4s.
>All Ghost Riders
>All Punisher films
>Daredevil 03
>Electra
>Cat woman
>All x movies except 2 & DOFP
>sm3, asm2
>All hulk movies (and I like both)
>IM2&3
>All Thor films
>All Batman films before Nolan
>All Superman films except mos.
And Ben wasn't the only good thing in BVS, it's flawed no question but BVS is a thousand fucking light years from being among the worst comic book films.
>>
>>81968276
>I'm not sure how it would work for someone who never read the comic and just experienced as its own thing.
As someone who hadn't read the book when it came out, the message just becomes different.

Actually, I think I still have never read the comic. What was the message? According to what I hear on /co/, it's that costumed heroes are lame and ineffective, terrible people, and I guess Snyder "missed the point" by putting in flashy fight sequences? I dunno. They still all seemed like terrible people to me, even if they could kick some random thugs' asses. It's my biggest issue when watching the movie, all of the main characters are so utterly unlikable and grating that I fucking can't stand it. I still think it relays the plot very well, with or without the alien squid at the end.
>>
>>81966432
TDK's still the king. It's actually hilarious how far above every other superhero movie it is.
>>
>>81968382
>the guy whose entire world view was built on the fact that we are all going to be killed by nukes, suddenly cares if those nukes are blue.

Yeah, he did.
>>
>>81968432
>>IM2&3
No it doesn't, both of these are better than BvS
>>
>>81966432
It's not even /co/. Step it up Marvel/DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GSgWzmR_-c
>>
>>81968502
Fuck off Snyder
>>
>>81968448

In the comic they come off less as raging assholes and more as pathetic, damaged sad-sacks. It's just Snyder's direction makes them all hyper-aggressive regardless of context.

>>81968432

>Ben as Batman and his fight scenes alone put BVS above

nothing. Ben's performance was dull as dishwater and his fight scenes were dull as dirt or unintentionally hilarious. It was technically impressive but entirely empty, I didn't care at all when he went full Arkham Asylum on those mooks.
>>
File: 1428633153113.png (957 KB, 1025x692) Image search: [Google]
1428633153113.png
957 KB, 1025x692
>>81968432
>all Superman films
Reeves Superman were good

>except MoS

No, BvS was better than the disaster that was MoS, which was shit.

>all Thor films

Completely agreed

>all Batman films before Nolan

Pic related

>all Ghost Riders

Disagreed, Neveldine/Taylor's directing was good in the second one. It wasn't a better film, but it was more enjoyable as a viewing experience than BvS.

>all X-movies except 2 and DoFP

I would limit that to just DoFP, I hated X2
>>
>>81968508
Not a single thing in BVS is as bad as them pulling the Mandarin shit and Over doing the comedy in 3, and 2 was just standard nothing particularly great or bad about it.
>>
Its Batman Begins. How is this even up for debate?
>>
>>81968554
>Ben's performance was dull as dishwater and his fight scenes were dull as dirt or unintentionally hilarious.
This is probably the worst opinion I've ever read about BvS. Congrats!
>>
>>81968600
Superman 3 & 4 are some of the worst movies in the history of fucking cenima.
And 1 & 2 had good stuff (rescue scenes*, zod) but had horrific cringe inducing slapstick and romance from hell.
>>
>>81968624
I think you mean Mask of the Phantasm
>>
>>81968604
The piss jar, killing Jimmy Olsen during his first appearance, Lex being a sperg, "Martha"
>>
>>81967103
>Spider-Man 2
when was the last time you rewatched it, anon?
it aged horribly
>>
>>81968624
In retrospect, I find all of the Nolan films pretty cringeworthy. They seem so obsessed with being realistic and "tacti-cool" because they're ashamed of being part of a comic book universe. They try so hard, and they come off as cheesy for it.
>>
>>81968604
Mandarin twist was good nerd. Only problem was the "real" villain was lame as shit. If Killian was actually a good villain the twist would have been god tier.
>>
>>81967291
>looks around
>world still exists
>thanks Superman
>>
>>81968647
>cringe-inducing slapstick

Boo fucking hoo nigger, it was fucking enjoyable and lighthearted. That's what I'd prefer in my Superman to fucking

>DO YOU BLEED?
>YOU WILL

And the romance felt pretty good in those movies. Compared to fucking MoS and BvS's romance. 3/4 were terrible but at least they were campy, stupid shit rather than angry and blue all the time.

I don't dislike dark themes, but I don't like angsty, angry miscarriages of movies like BvS and MoS that just show Snyder doesn't know how to write or portray Superman.

I don't even hate Snyder, I actually like Watchmen and 300, but come on, this isn't for him. And Goyer isn't useful because he's a fucking actual hack.
>>
>>81968678
>>81968678
>they're ashamed of being part of a comic book universe.

At least Nolan never said his characters couldn't talk in their costumes.
>>
>>81968678

>ashamed of being based off comics

There's a special level of hell for people who use that argument. It's both incredibly elitist and wildly idiotic.

There are Batman comics which are less comic-booky then even the Nolan films. Hell, TDKR takes direct inspiration from one of them with The Cult.
>>
>>81968158
Please take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>81968662
I had spoilers going in and the jar scene was actually suspenseful in my experience.
Fuck Jimmy And they don't even name him in the film.
I disliked Lex sperging out in the galla or ranking about circles and triangles to Lois but otherwise he was good.
Martha was a weak reason to stop fighting but Ben Sold it emotionally.
>>
>Comic movies
>None of the movies are actually about comic books
>Just the kids stories contained within them
>>
>>81967427
Loki is currently King of Asgard. Lex is in jail.
>>
>>81967572
>>81967583
>sequel to Superman
>all about Batman
>>
>>81968678
That doesn't hold true at all in BB. He was trained by ninjas and fighting a shadow league and someone using a nightmare serum. BB was definitely more over the top and unrealistic.
>>
>it's another BvS defense thread
>>
>>81968802
See >>81967229
>>
>>81968807
>still thinking in terms of trilogies in modern shared universe
>>
>>81968727
Mos gave us the most subtle and best Lois is live action we have ever gotten.
Take your love of hysterical drooling bitches and shove them up your fucking ass.

>that just show Snyder doesn't know how to write or portray Superman.
Oh he absolutely does, he just isn't writing him for campfag pieces of selfish petty shit like yourself fucker.
>>
>>81968678
If you actually listen to Zack Snyder talk about his movies he's way more ashamed of comic booky stuff than Nolan ever was. Only thing is his action scenes are still so cheesy and cartoony despite this.
>>
>>81968807
>sequel to Cap
>all about IM
>>
>>81968885
>>81968807
>and Spidey
>and Black Panther
>>
>>81968885
most reviews ive read so far say Cap and Buckey are still at the forefront of it all
>>
>>81968993
Thats funny the spoilers said Bucky gets no resolution at all and just fucks off again
>>
>>81968751
>There are Batman comics which are less comic-booky then even the Nolan films
Bullshit. Show me a Batman comic that was ashamed to call Selina Kyle "Catwoman", or had to have the Batmobile be a modified tank prototype that was never called "The Batmobile", couldn't commit to putting Scarecrow in any kind of costume, or had Bane without venom. I get the feeling that he wouldn't have even called him "Batman" if WB executives hadn't forced him for marketing purposes. He wanted to tell a Batman story where everything had a practical, tangible anchor to the real world, except in doing that, all he did was highlight how fucking ridiculous a man dressing up like a bat to fight crime is.

When asked repeatedly if Robin existed in his universe, or any other DC heroes, he practically recoiled with disgust at the notion. He's responsible for creating a whole generation of Batfags who want their favorite hero to exist in his own private universe because he's "real", but he rest of the DC universe is just too weird.

>>81968863
I dunno. I only ever heard that comment about characters talking in costume, and really, look at most other cape flicks now. Most characters who had masks, helmets or other things on their faces no longer do. Cap, Thor, Hawkeye... I think it just comes down to the fact that covering a persons face when they should be emoting causes a disconnect.

and really, Snyder put Parademons, alternate universes and Aquaman in his second DC movie. I don't think he's ashamed of comic book stuff.
>>
>>81966969
I remember seeing this in school once and everyone was blown away by how good it was except me since I had already seen it years ago
>>
File: CDJNCFVF.png (117 KB, 1330x295) Image search: [Google]
CDJNCFVF.png
117 KB, 1330x295
>>81967886
>>
>>81969022
I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm worried because the one negative review on RT right now says the movie doesn't take any risks or accomplish anything major because it seems too concerned with keeping the universe intact for more sequels. Shame.
>>
>>81969116
>I only ever heard that comment about characters talking in costume

Listen to the rest of that same interview then. He brings up more shit that he changed because "this had to be more modern etc"

Also Cap talks with his helmet on all the time.
>>
>>81969116
Yeah, I don't think he is ashamed of it at all, what I think is he is over thinking it and fears the Asudience will dislike aspects of it if it's too comic booky.
>>
>>81967886
>Snyder referenced Pulp Fiction not revealing the case, the point in PF being that what was inside wasn't an important plot piece
>even though what was in the case in BvS is crucial to the story
:///////
>>
>>81969190
But it does need to be modern.
>>
>>81969141
Some guy in another thread posted a screencap of the guy who supposedly wrote that negative review saying he did it on purpose to get more traffic to his site. Dunno if it was legit or not.
>>
>>81969192
Actually, did anyone ever refer to Bruce as Batman other than Perry and even when he did it was more like "the Bat Man"
>>
>>81969116
>Show me a Batman comic that was ashamed to call Selina Kyle "Catwoman"

Dude in Man of Steel they intentionally avoid saying Superman unti the very end.
>>
>>81969230
Maybe. Could have also been damage control.

Doesn't really matter, I don't trust any reviews any more. Over the last few years especially, I've found a number of movies that were poorly-reviewed, yet I enjoyed them, and vise-versa, especially where capeshit is concerned.

>>81969291
Because he didn't have a name yet, you moron.
>>
>>81967886
>1.jpg

Is this some sort of meme

>using underscores in a filename
>>
>>81969325
Catwoman didn't have a name yet you moron :^)
>>
>>81969325
>the thief who was trying to stay out of the spotlight should have a nickname
>>
>>81969230
Thats not relevant to the criticism of the review being completely valid. It was essentially TWS 2 with all the same plot points and the same feeling of no resolution at the end.
>>
>>81968656
Mask of Phantasm was good, but Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker was way better.
>>
>>81968678
>They seem so obsessed with being realistic
This is true. Ironically, virtually nothing that happens is even remotely realistic. Funny how these things work.
>>
Godzilla Final Wars
>>
This is a really, really shitty thread

All live action shit should be on /tv/
>>
>>81970416
>All live action shit should be on /tv/
Stop being such a whiny cunt.
>>
>>81968390
Yes I am.

First Bruce Wayne- angry about dead parents

End Bruce Wayne - does nothing after doomsday died so who knows shit about him.
>>
>>81970526
>End Bruce Wayne - does nothing after doomsday died so who knows shit about him.
He stops killing. And he start living as a hero again inspired by superman.
>>
>>81970588
He doesn't fight anyone after DD dies, you could argue Lex but that just creates the question "Why does Batman go into Lex's cell and consider killing him but not the Joker?"
>>
>>81970795
>"Why does Batman go into Lex's cell and consider killing him but not the Joker?"

Actually you can't. But you are just a dense idiot that didnt understood the movie.
>>
>>81971183
Explain why a Batman that kills AND that is fine with breaking into criminal's cells hasn't killed the Joker yet.
>>
File: Darkman.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Darkman.jpg
201 KB, 1280x720
>>81966432
>>
>>81971674
>Explain why a Batman that kills AND that is fine with breaking into criminal's cells hasn't killed the Joker yet.

As said in the movie: he started killing AFTER the metropolis invasion.

And he doesnt kill in cold blood. As far as his converned the joker is gone forever. But you don't want a rational answer you want to shitpost.
>>
>>81971836
So what was the point of going after Lex? To brand him? That also raises the question "Why doesn't he brand the Joker?"
>>
>>81971910
>So what was the point of going after Lex? To brand him?
To tell him he'll be watching him.
>"Why doesn't he brand the Joker?"
He either only started branding after Joker got imprisioned or he only brands pedophiles and sex traffickers (and only threatened Luthor to scare him).
>>
>>81968276
Roger Ebert thought it was really profound having never read the comics. Obviously Snyder was saved a little because the source material is so rich, but he really managed to capture and immerse you in the alternate universe he created. I agree with Nolan in that he made the movie too early in his career as it's had a negative affect on how he views superheroes now and he's trying to deconstruct them with the same eye as Watchmen.
>>
>>81966827
>bourne movies are good

No stop. The 90s version was good not this trash that has nothing to do with the novel
>>
>>81971979
The guy in the movie was the second or third guy he branded.
>>
>>81972087
>not this trash that has nothing to do with the novel

God... this board can't get dumber, a good movie is good regardless of if is a faithful adaptation.This is why trash like avengers doesnt get hate in this retarded board.
>>
>>81971979
>To tell him he'll be watching him.
He clearly thought about branding him.
>He either only started branding after Joker got imprisioned or he only brands pedophiles and sex traffickers (and only threatened Luthor to scare him).
But he was clearly considering using the brand.
>>
File: I FEEEL IT.png (186 KB, 670x300) Image search: [Google]
I FEEEL IT.png
186 KB, 670x300
>mfw I got my Snyder MoS and BvS movie which is more than I expected
>mfw JL

Snyder is truly the center of the /co/verse.
>>
>>81972135
When they butcher the whole concept of Bourne and make it a generic spy thriller. Yes i will complain. Watch the 90s version and you will understand what i mean
>>
I'm more and more feeling as though I legitimately don't enjoy any cape movies. I find slight entertainment from the Nolan movies and some MCU movies but I wouldn't necessarily say I loved them or anything.
>>
File: zohan.jpg (59 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
zohan.jpg
59 KB, 387x580
Undisputably GOAT
>>
>>81971836
>And he doesnt kill in cold blood.
this
Killing PMC baddies in a vehicular firefight is way different than executing common criminals like the Punisher does.

He wouldn't kill someone like the Joker after he caught him because he has no reason to think the Joker would break out of prison. In the comics Gotham's prisons have revolving doors, but that's not established in the movies.
>>
>>81967280
Implying Attack of the Clones was bad
>>
>>81967280
You watched the movie with retards then if they thought Diana was Selina because they fucking say her name in the movie.
>>
>>81969327
Maybe? But so far I've been enjoying how it has been triggering a lot of anons, I mean why give filenames that much importance? But I guess elitism and losing your shit over anything is the 4chan biard culture or maybe /co/ is really that easy to troll.
>>
>>81967028
Not just /co/ but any comic Watchmen nerd but honestly you can't capture the whole comic in a movie especially since Watchmen really relies on the comic medium for some of its storytelling and visual elements.

That said the movie adaptation was pretty good, a few nitpicks here and there but it was good.
>>
>>81973928
You are an idiot. Only people with no brain dont critisize that movie
>>
>>81966432

Very Best (in no order):

-Batman Returns
-Superman: The Movie
-Iron Man
-Spider-Man 2
-The Winter Soldier
-Ant-Man
-X-Men 2

Very Worst (also no particular order):

-Superman III
-Superman IV: The Quest For Peace
-Iron Man 2
-Thor 2
- Blade: Trinity
-Green Lantern
-Avengers: Age of Ultron
>>
>>81974668
I wouldn't put AoU in worst category. It has majr flaws but also had some greats points like vision.

Glad you put Ant Man in the top list. People still dont get the golden family story in there
>>
>>81967839
This. It baffles me that the majority of the human population is too stupid to see this.
>>
>>81974814
As someone who liked Ant-Man, the family story was really poorly done. Pym's whole reason for not telling Hope how her mother died is stupid, and all the tension created by that decision just evaporates too quickly when he finally tells her. Seriously, it's secrets for the sake of secrets like an episode of Arrow.
>>
>>81967028
What makes it a good movie then? You have one part Snyder's laughable "every punch must be thrown in slow motion fight scenes", one part a a decent story that was chopped up to make more room for those action scenes, and one part period music that comes across as cheesy most of the time. I would say it was a poor attempt at recreating GotG's soundtrack success but it came out first so I'm honestly baffled with the decision-making that went into it.
>>
>>81972058
So Roger Ebert came back from the dead in order to praise your movie?
>>
>>81967839
>He realized his "1%" chance is pure paranoia and not everyone has to be an enemy.
Except it wasn't. What he wants to DO about the 1% chance is hilariously extreme, but Clark is no less of a threat because he's been "humanized". He's more of one.
>>
>>81975719
Personally I think contingency plans aren't the same as pre-emptive strikes, but I'm not sure if this Batman will have contingency plans for everyone. Maybe he'll be even more trusting than comics Batman because of a huge burst of Superman friendship instead of it being doled out throughout his whole life. Who knows?
>>
>>81967303
>not Burton's Batman
So you're saying SM2 is actually good, then?
>>
>>81975392
You forget how unstable Pym is. He's a pill popper in thr movie and hope calls him out on not being there. It makes sense. People are fucked up so are families
>>
>>81976138
Secret keeping for no reason but cheap drama is just bad writing no matter how you slice it m8. And again, as soon as he tells her all the tension it caused just goes away instantly. You get a scene where she complains that he lied to her, then another scene where he tells her the truth and she forgives him, and that's it. It was weak as fuck.
>>
>>81967103
I liked batman and robin. I just like shitty b movies though
>>
>>81966432
Movies just can't adapt the format or characters of a comic run. That's why TV series are so much better than movies for representing the universe. Arrow S4 is probably the best representation of the GAverse we've ever gotten, for example. Imagine a Zack Snyder directed Arrow movie in place of it, ugh.
>>
>>81978294
>Arrow S4 is probably the best representation of the GAverse we've ever gotten, for example.

Have a (You), on the house
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.