[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT HURTS!! 395: Why Can't We Be Friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 32
File: ithurts395apple.png (705 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts395apple.png
705 KB, 980x1268
Extra long update today folks
>>
File: ithurts395booger.png (541 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts395booger.png
541 KB, 980x1268
>>81954439
Lodge layin the cold hard truthers
>>
File: ithurts395cacahuates.png (694 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts395cacahuates.png
694 KB, 980x1268
>>81954469
oh hey it's this guy
>>
File: ithurts395doobiebrothers.png (339 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts395doobiebrothers.png
339 KB, 980x1268
>>81954481
>
>>
>>81954439
what a bitch
>>
Lodge is full of shit and deserves to be locked in the basement alone forever. I agree with the whiny bastard.
>>
Any predictions on update 400?

Apparently, everyone dies, but what on Earth could kill Pasqualo?
>>
>>81954686
well, hell stuff seems to stop his regeneration
>>
I like the fact that pasqualo doesnt even give a shit when satan shows up anymore.

Satan is anusiance at this point.
>>
>>81954439
>>81954469
>>81954481
>>81954495
>That eye color change

Is this the most dramatic color change, eye-wise, we've seen yet? Barring the whole red eye attack mode shtick.
>>
>>81955268
Satan's not trying to drag him off to Hell anymore. Now he just drops by in anticipation of Pasq messing up in a big way.
>>
Who the fuck is Magmaspider?

Also, Poopsqualo is the ultimate narcissist.
Like, it's hard to root for him, but in the end, whatever one might believe, he is who he is, and it doesn't matter what us little people think.

When you reach worldbreaking level, good or bad, they don't really mean anything.

Fuck you Pasqualo, you horrible, glorious bastard.
>>
File: dmcphantom.jpg (104 KB, 1277x718) Image search: [Google]
dmcphantom.jpg
104 KB, 1277x718
>>81955796
>Who the fuck is Magmaspider?

The first boss from Devil May Cry.
>>
>>81955796
Pasqualo is the perfect blend of narcissism and selfish depression. I want to see him finally, genuinely happy, but all kind of want to see everything crumble around him (again).
>>
>>81955796
>Who the fuck is Magmaspider?

I'll laugh so fucking hard if its Slavcat.
>>
>>81955927
Who?
>>
>>81955908
I don't think Pasqualo can be happy unless everyone loves him, and he knows that impossible.

His solution to that problem was the end the world.

That still didn't work, so I wonder what the next step is.
>>
>>81955908
I think he's improved a lot. If he whines anymore I barely notice it. Now, relishing in the death and destruction of the apocalypse makes him kind of shitty even if he is endearing, but he's basically a demigod. All this stuff is a game to him because life and death have lost meaning for him, and the only real threat to him or the people he protects is himself.
>>
>>81955927
I'm fucking sick of this Slavcat meme every goddamn thread.
>>
File: 1375619625686.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1375619625686.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>81954642
>>81954586
>siding with Pasqualo
>>
>>81956056
If I see that Slavcat ONE MORE TIME...
>>
>>81956056
>>81956103
>>81955927
WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
>>
File: 1442771280967.png (191 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1442771280967.png
191 KB, 500x364
>>81956085
>Siding with satellite head
>>
File: 1382765618766.jpg (58 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1382765618766.jpg
58 KB, 854x859
>>81956194
>implying pasqualo isn't a scumbag, when all is said and done
>implying Lodge is wrong
>>
>>81956224
She's right about him pretty much only caring about his own happiness. She's wrong about him being a bad person for not killing himself for innocently doing something that resulted in the world ending.
>>
File: tumblr_nnt496z5MK1qfy5dio1_540.png (611 KB, 540x542) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnt496z5MK1qfy5dio1_540.png
611 KB, 540x542
>>81954495
I want out of Pasqualo's [WORLD]
>>
>>81956278
It's not that he's a bad person for not killing himself.

It's more that, if he's actually able to set aside the guilt of killing the world, he simply can't be a good person.

Or at a least a sane person.
>>
>>81956333
True, most people would feel pretty guilty, but at the same time there's really no logical reason for someone to feel guilt about what happened. It would be one thing to feel guilt about say, playing with a gun and it results in someone being shot, this is more like taking a bite of a sandwich and then Canada explodes.
>>
File: 1460940443112.png (882 KB, 1403x1022) Image search: [Google]
1460940443112.png
882 KB, 1403x1022
>>81956462
>Canada explodes
I'm ok with it.
>>
File: 1439576578189.png (109 KB, 723x669) Image search: [Google]
1439576578189.png
109 KB, 723x669
Who is ready for shit to hit the fan for the nth time?
>>
>>81956638
man, why is canada so awful?

>>81956729
we're kind of already in the middle of that. Marlon and Steph and the other kids are dead.
>>
>>81956333
>It's more that, if he's actually able to set aside the guilt of killing the world, he simply can't be a good person.
But why is that? Who made losing your mind with guilt over things out of your control a virtue? Honestly, I actually think his supervillain shtick is his way of coping with that anyway. Even HE sees killing the world as something a villain would do, so he styled himself as one even though it never made any sense and he saves people while killing ACTUAL villains.

He's a dick for wanting to terrorize people, but if that part of him changed and everything else stayed the same, he'd be considered a goddamn hero. Lodge mostly just seems mad that he doesn't feel a certain way about all this, which doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>81956781
>Steph and the other kids are dead.
I just remembered, I'm grieving over the loss of Eyebrowfu. I don't give a fuck about the others, but WHY EYEBROWFU?
>>
Who killed her best friend again?
>>
>>81956888
maddie
>>
File: 1404885986701.png (45 KB, 278x259) Image search: [Google]
1404885986701.png
45 KB, 278x259
>>81956309
DIO!
>>
>>81956462
>>81956786
If a person fully capable of empathy were to be confronted with the fact that their actions and selfish emotions were directly responsible for the death of a child, the guilt would probably overwhelm them.

Now magnify that by all the children, and everyone else.

A sane person wouldn't feel at home in a world where mostly everyone else is dead, with them being responsible.
>inb4 Aurora
She only exists because of him.
>>
>>81956638
>freedom of speech
>WITHIN REASON
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>81956786
she is totally right about being pissed, having your best friend be killed and then being allowed to live solely because of an object lodged into your skull makes you "neat" and then being invited to a party by the guy responsible who claims he's so nice and just want's to be friends with everybody. its insult to injury^100
>>
>>81957145
I like how she knows the futility of her protest, but does so anyway.

Lodge is quite admirable.
>>
>>81956309
>"This, Lodge, is my [World]
>>
>>81957145
Don't come strapped to Peppershanty Kingdom. I mean, in a post-apocalypse world where a robo-tyrant backed by monsters is taking over the area and throwing parties - don't just show up with guns trying to assassinate people.
>>
>>81957145
>>81957403
I feel the need to point out at this point that Maddie shot BOTH of them, its just that the GPS thingy saved Lodge's life. Then Pasqualo came down and decided he wanted to be friends with Lodge because of said GPS thingy. Its not like he ordered one shot and the other spared just because he thought she was "cool."

A subtle distinction, sure, but an important one I think.
>>
>>81957403
both maddie and pasqualo would be completely justified in simply killing both of them, but what he did instead was completely abhorrent.
>>
>>81957145
Remember she and Blackie were there to fuck shit up. Lodge can say all this stuff because from her perspective she's a hero, but from Pasqualo's he's keeping Peppershanty the safest place in the apocalypse (until he gets paranoid and lets Eliza kill some kids). Jen thought she was a hero, too, but she ended up in hell. There are some people who are clearly villains, like the previous principal. For most everyone else, including Pasqualo, there's no clear line. And really Ally seems more evil than Pasqualo, she just isn't as obsessed with his anime supervillain roleplay.
>>
>>81957526
please see
>>81957508

and before you double down on this argument, really step back and think about whether or not you'd actually have made it in the first place with that in mind
>>
>>81957541
>Remember she and Blackie were there to fuck shit up
where was that ever said? i always assumed they were just wandering the wasteland, maybe looking for some ruins to loot, and they had weapons because you might as well.
>>
>>81957526
So what pasqualo did (rescuing and trying to befriend an injured enemy instead of just coldly executing them) was "abhorrent." What would've been the right thing to do? Just walk right up to her and stomp in her bleeding head with his mighty robot feet?

And remember, the only source for believing that the only reason Lodge wasn't killed right away was that she was "neato" was Trisssh, in a speech that said way more about her own insecurities than Pasqualo's psychology.
>>
>>81957526
"Completely abhorrent" is a bit too strong. She actually would have died had it not been for her neato head thing, and she was unarmed when Pasqualo swooped in. I guess it would have been better to just execute her right there? I guess? He gave her a chance instead. I understand why Lodge hates him but he's not doing anything "completely abhorrent" except being a bastard by pretending to be an even bigger bastard.
>>
>>81957566
>and before you double down on this argument, really step back and think about whether or not you'd actually have made it in the first place with that in mind
i already knew that though, and i completely agree that it does make it somewhat better.
im not saying he had to finish the job, but pretending your mr. nice guy and trying to be friends with someone you just tried to kill and only survived due to pure luck is so fucking stupid. its not only a pointless insult to the person they thought was dangerous and tried to stop, it's giving that danger the opprotunity to CONTINUE TO BE A TREAT.
one of my main points is that if they truly were looking to fuck shit up in perpershanty kingdom, she would have said "SURE, LETS BE PALS" then proceeded to fuck shit
>>
>>81957639
If they were really looting with guns, I would actually consider that worse than trying to fuck shit up in an "evil" empire.
>>
>>81957718
the best thing to do would be to not shoot them instead of going "shoot first, ask questions later."
the second best thing to do would be after the shot was fired and seeing one was still alive, proceed to ask those questions. if she was indeed there to fuck shit up, either kill her or have mercy and send her away. if she wasn't there to fuck shit up, apologize and then let her be on her way.
but he actually never gave a single shit whether she was a real threat or not. He simply decided she was funny lookin and felt it would be a good idea to imprison her until she liked him.
>>
>>81957810
haha yeah, that's a good point. deliberately attacking the tower in order to get pasqualo is actually the most moral thing they could conceivably be doing within the context of what we saw. they were following a map, they said "this is definitely the place" and they got guns out. I guess you could conceivably say "they were actually intending on attack a bad guy who actually WAS a principal-level sadistic asshole, but they read the map wrong," but no, because at this point pasqualo has conquered the entire eastern seaboard. So either they were planning on preying on the weak, in which case fuck them, or they were planning on trying to kill pasqualo, in which case they're dumb as fuck and also pasqualo was totally justified in having them shot.
>>
>>81957810
the wasteland is filled with fucked up things, like vampires, pigeon headed people, Satan, and hideous snake monsters. you would be a fool not to bring a gun wherever you went.

they might have not even been headed to pepershanty kingdom in particular, just found it and decided to check it out.
>>
>>81957770
>one of my main points is that if they truly were looking to fuck shit up in perpershanty kingdom, she would have said "SURE, LETS BE PALS" then proceeded to fuck shit
Would she, though? Assuming the part about looking to fuck shit up in Peppershanty holds true, that would mean she planned a raid on a well protected tower filled with zombies and cyborgs that involved only two regular people with ordinary handguns going in and doing... something. From this you can gather that she either lacked the intelligence to plan better and gather more resources, which at this point I doubt, or she stopped giving a fuck and was going to go out in a blaze of glory. Or she thought she and Blackie would win, but that goes back to intelligence. So if the issue is intelligence, it's believable she wouldn't even think to fake being Pasqualo's friend to fuck up Peppershanty. If she just doesn't give a fuck, she probably doesn't actually want to deal with his bullshit long enough to do whatever measly damage she could do. She's just kind of done right now.
>>
>>81957883
>>81957770
you could've just admitted that you remembered the comic wrong and conceded, but you couldn't do that.

so lets just play this out:

hey you know in war, when some enemy combatants are running at your base waving guns around, and one of your soldiers shoots them because, duh, thats just what you do, and then you go to investigate, only to find that one is alive but injured, and you disarm them, and then you decide to capture them, and you bring them to your prison camp--oh wait no you let them enjoy the privileges of your own citizens, my bad--but then the enemy combatant starts making trouble so while you're out your soldier throws them in a more secure detention (lol) facility, so when you get back you come to apologize and offer to let them out and make their life more comfortable (at no cost to them other than to pinkie promise to not fuck shit up), but it becomes clear that they'll always be your enemy so you have to leave them in the secure detention facility while making it clear that all their needs and desires will be attended to while they're there.

yeah, so there's that. my point kinda diverged at the point where pasqualo treated lodge BETTER than would be expected in an actual wartime scenario. and before you say that its not the same thing, you're right, because in wartime we have shit like the geneva conventions.

really, your whole argument leads to the conclusion that at some point in this whole process pasqualo should've just broken lodge's neck, and that would've been somehow more moral than trying to befriend her.
>>
File: ithurts365softpretzels.png (876 KB, 980x1406) Image search: [Google]
ithurts365softpretzels.png
876 KB, 980x1406
>>81957943
They were IN Peppershanty Kingdom, and had been for the past 200 or so miles.
Everything about their plan was nefarious from the start. If they had a map and were double checking that they were packing heat on the doorstep of Peppershanty Tower, I think we can assume with 95% confidence that they were of ill intent.
>>
>>81958257
i don't think he has to killed her. but it comes down to an ultimatum. if she isn't a treat, let her go. if she is a threat, either kill her or at least don't invite her to a party with all the people you are trying to protect.
at no point is imprisoning someone until they like you ever a good idea. it's insulting to human dignity and just plain wrong.

> and you bring them to your prison camp--oh wait no you let them enjoy the privileges of your own citizens, my bad
and that is a major fuck up.
it says "you arent a threat and i don't have anything against you but i'm going to imprison you anyway lol"
>>
>>81958266
i suppose i just refuse to believe that anyone could be THAT FUCKING RETARDED.
there is no way they new it was a tower full of people and thought they could take them on.
the only logical conclusion is that any sane person would carry guns around in the wasteland. we have absolutely no idea what they planed to do, and pasquallo didn't care enough to ask.
>>
>>81958452
Like it or not, it's the answer that requires the least assumptions. We know they were looking for SOMETHING, and they were ass deep in Peppershanty. Either they were too stupid to know where they were, or they were even stupider and knew EXACTLY where they were.
>>
>>81958414
so you object to the concept of imprisoning people in all situations basically. if they're a threat, kill them, if they're not, let them go.

>>81958452
and here you are just straight up rejecting what actually happened in the comic. before you just forgot what happened, now you're just ignoring it so you can avoid having to admit that you were wrong.

pasqualo didn't bother to ask her what she was up to because:

a.) it was absolutely clear from context.
b.) she was probably the thirtieth person that week to storm the tower with a gun and no plan.
c.) she was already ranting to him about how evil he was and how much she hated him

basically dude you're dumb.
>>
File: ithurts359A.I.SentaiTachikomans.png (938 KB, 980x1402) Image search: [Google]
ithurts359A.I.SentaiTachikomans.png
938 KB, 980x1402
>>81957770
>>81957883
>>81957943
>>81958414
>>81958452
Let me put the final nail in the coffin of your argument with an example from the actual comic.

Check out Trisssh's first line in this comic, because its true. Pasqualo left Lodge outside the school in the hands of meek little Starfire. At no point, up until the confrontation with Maddie, does anybody do anything to force Lodge to do anything or go anywhere. but she's so caught up in her perception of Pasqualo as the epitome of all evil that she can't recognize that nobody in that building is particularly invested in keeping her there.

>>81958414
>it says "you arent a threat and i don't have anything against you but i'm going to imprison you anyway lol"

So I just pointed out how he didn't actually imprison her, but let me cover the other half of this argument. Lodge was approaching a colony full of flesh-and-blood humans, carrying a gun filled with real bullets. She WAS a real threat to those people. Once Pasqualo disarmed her, she ceased to be the threat she once was.

Then he invited her to a party.

How "abhorrent."
>>
>>81958866
>You would have killed yourself
Isn't Pasqualo kindof invincible? How would he do that?
>>
>>81959062
Fuck that was supposed to be a reply to the OP, sorry
>>
>>81959062
I don't think many people outside the tower know that for sure. Lodge didn't even know for sure that he was a kid before she first met him, and that's something easily observable. It's probably one of the innumerable rumors about him going around because he's propagating them himself.
>>
So how bad is it that I can identify with Pasq? Because even if it means I'm a shitty person I'd probably be happier in his position than I would be living out the rest of my daily life.
>>
>>81959391
wrong thread, anon.
>>
>>81959407
Pasqualo is Chaotic Neutral.
>>
Pasqualo you stupid sack of turd jizz. Stop being so buttfucking endearing and making me like you because when it comes time for apocalypse 2 - electric boogaloo I dunno if I can handle it.

As long as Trisssh lives.
>>
>>81959604
I feel like Trisssh's days are numbered. I love her, but she's got death flags all around her. Killing Stephanie and the ne'erdowells was Gob's reminder that no waifu is safe. May Gob have mercy on them all.
>>
Is that the new homestick?
>>
>>81954439
How that fuck would suicide equal atonement.
It wouldn't have equaled anything resembling eye-for-an-eye anyways, which is shit justice.

Rebuilding some semblance of civilization does more than that to make up for all this shit. Like community service or something like that, except he's building a new community.
>>
>>81959976
I dont think she means it like "the only thing you could do to make up for killing the world would be suicide" I think she means it like "any normal, non sociopath would feel so guilty over what they did that they'd have no choice but to commit suicide"
>>
>>81960086
What an irrational line of thought.

I say live with your mistakes and take responsibility.
>>
>>81960121
why are you arguing with a fictional character?
>>
I can't take female Jughead seriously.
I just can't.
>>
>>81960258
OH GOD NOW I SEE IT
>>
>>81960258
fuck you
>>
>>81960186
Because anon clearly struggles with suicide on a daily basis and must constantly confront their feelings on the matter.
>>
>>81960430
>>81961962
How could you not see it? I haven't read the comic since the 200s and even I cottoned to that.
>>
>>81960258
>81960258
kek
>>
>>81954481
>Satan's back
This is not going to go well.
>>
Has Pasqualo forgotten that Satan told him in plain terms that he's plotting to ruin Pasqualo's life and kill him?
And also forgotten that Hell magic is, so far, the only thing that can actually hurt him?
And he not only doesn't have a problem with Satan showing up every once in a while, he actually seems to have positive feelings for the guy?

I think it's pretty safe to say that Pasq has completely lost it at this point. It's just an apathetic kind of insanity, instead of a manic kind like the other Principal.

I'm not looking forward to what happens when "Everyone dies" and he has to confront the fact that the people who like him and surround him in an echo chamber where he feels important are dropping like flies. Because considering the bullshit that happened when Marlon died, he doesn't know how to deal with death at all. And Marlon wasn't even that important to him, he literally only cared because he thought Katie would be upset and stop giving him cuddles if she found out.
>>
>>81958866
Damn, that's a solid point. Good job remembering that comic anon.

Also, Trisssh a best
>>
>>81964518
I think, if we've seen anything so far this arc, that everyone will die in a series of comedic accidents. Satan had no part in it and will relish the chance to tell Pasqualo that despite no intervention, everyone still dies around him.

>>81959783
Trisssh better be safe
>>
File: 1455142108881.png (234 KB, 750x581) Image search: [Google]
1455142108881.png
234 KB, 750x581
>>81964518
To be fair, he can either constantly worry about what Satan has planned or just go about doing things the best he can.
>>
File: 1459899020694.gif (2 MB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1459899020694.gif
2 MB, 500x378
>>81964518

It's like dealing with Q; you can sit there, cowering in unearthly terror that an omnipotent dickbag could appear at any moment and basically unmake your entire life with a snap of his fingers, or you can square your shoulders and keep living your life even as a time-displaced mariachi band blares a tune across your workstation.
>>
File: 1453500195222.png (2 MB, 1773x1290) Image search: [Google]
1453500195222.png
2 MB, 1773x1290
>>
>>81965643
>Aurora's probably going to die
>>
>>81965676
I mean, can she even?
>>
>>81966285
With such strange aeons even death may die.
>>
>>81957718
He basically decided "lol you got that GPS stuck in your head, that's neat let's be friends". It's that level of capriciousness regarding the situation and everything around him that's not himself that pisses of Lodge. He doesn't care what consequences his actions have, he just wants to do whatever makes him feel good with little to no mind paid to anything else.
>>
>>81967426
Maybe he just wanted to find people who were like him
>>
>there are people genuinely defending pasq's actions
>>
>>81970183
Well it's not like there isn't a method to his madness.
>>
>>81970245
this whole comic is finally putting the emotions he has been struggling with for so long out in the open, and he finally chooses to have exactly the wrong epiphany.
>>
>>81970331
How so? He realizes some people don't like him, so he decides to spend time with those who do, and eventually learn to love himself?
>>
>>81970331
>>81970410
yeah I'm really struggling to see the alternative epiphany pasqualo could've gotten from all this.

"if there are people out there who don't like me, then I must be a bad person"?
>>
>>81970410
Pasqualo is like a more passive, wuss version of the nerd who is bullied in highschool but grows up to be a huge dick. Since he grew up as the underdog, where focusing on his own feelings for self-preservation and dissatisfaction with the world were justified, now that he's on top of things he still has the same attitude. Only now that he's not the underdog trying to claw his way up his philosophy is now harmful to others.
>>
>>81971742
>Only now that he's not the underdog trying to claw his way up his philosophy is now harmful to others.

Howso?

What have we seen in the comic that confirms this?
>>
File: 1428464381763.gif (689 KB, 210x179) Image search: [Google]
1428464381763.gif
689 KB, 210x179
>>81970183

He didn't ask for this.
>>
>>81970410
>>81971632
pretty much everything lodge has said has been accurate to mary-sue levels, but she is more of a mouthpiece. pasquallo becomes aware what she is saying is true, and the audience is meant to believe this is the point where he finally admits it. he had previously been struggling between both the feelings similar to what lodge had said, and feelings similar to the speech he gives her.
it turns out in the end he does choose a side, but the easier more selfish one. this in general puts up a huge death flag, great for the upcoming page 400 in the chapter where "everyone dies"
>>
>>81973133
let me repeat, what about pasqualo's "philosophy" has been more harmful to others than it has been helpful? please cite some specific stuff that hes actually done. I'll give you a freebie: Marlon's death and the subsequent coverup.
>>
>>81973133
Lodge is a mouthpiece for Pasqualo's own (irrational) feelings of guilt. He's basically arguing with himself.

Pasqualo feels guilty for causing the apocalypse, even though nobody could rationally say it was his "fault." He also feels guilty that he's happier now than before the apocalypse happened, even though he has no control over how he feels, and the alternative would be to make himself miserable as penance for something that, again, wasn't really his fault.

Because of these things, Pasqualo worries that he might be an inherently evil person. That his actions or intent don't mean anything weighted against his essential nature. So even if he spends his time bringing new lands into his kingdom and establishing some kind of civilized order, even if things are better for the people living in his kingdom, none of that matters because he believes he's doing it for selfish reasons.

So basically it comes down to what kind of ethics you believe in. If you think good and evil is something inherent and immutable in a being, than Lodge is right, and Pasqualo is evil incarnate. If you believe morality stems from intent and actions, than Pasqualo is right, in that the world will be much better served by him trying his best to be the good person his friends see in him.

You say that he chooses the "easier, more selfish side" but what's the alternative? Lodge says it herself, it's suicide. Would the world really be better off if Pasqualo left it now?

Really I think Pasqualo's choice in the end demonstrates a lot of maturity. He's rejecting his need to be liked by everyone all the time, in favor of trying to define himself through his own actions.
>>
Pasqualo has done nothing wrong. He's made the right choice.
>>
>>81954439

She is completely right. Fuck Pasqualo.
>>
>the changing pupil colours

what does it mean?
>>
>>81975589
It seems that the bluer they are, the more in tune he is with his humanity/actual feelings, probably a visual cue for him coming to grips with himself.
>>
Is this the new homestuck?
>>
>>81975823
Yes
>>
>>81975823
of coursh
>>
>>81972580
technically he did though.
The entire apocalypse happened because he prayed to be happy.
>>
File: 81633751.png (70 KB, 248x290) Image search: [Google]
81633751.png
70 KB, 248x290
I don't see how everyone can blame Pasqualo for the end of the world when the literal angel of death who caused it is around. They call him "Pasqualo the World Killer," but the person who really killed the world is this precious cinnamon roll right here.

And people are calling Pasqualo selfish and uncaring? This girl was literally smiling to herself while she brought about the death of billions, but breaks down crying when her boyfriend breaks up with her.

Aurora's my favorite character in this entire strip, but I feel like she's gotten off too easy.
>>
>>81978452
She's was, like, 5 months old then.
>>
So when are they gonna acknowledge that there is a group of dead kids on the upper floor with bullet holes in their heads and a roach of marijuana?
>>
>>81975823
>>81959911
But which one is the real homestuck?
>>
>>81978452
Aurora is a precious flower sent from above. She was only fulfilling her porpoise.
>>
>>81977945
You do realize it's not exactly a logical outcome that praying to be happy causes the apocalypse. That's like praying that a loved one doesn't die and they magically turn into a zombie and kickstarts the zombie apocalypse. The person or thing you need to blame is who/whatever is granting the prayer.
>>
>>81974143
>>>81973133 (You)
>Lodge is a mouthpiece for Pasqualo's own (irrational) feelings of guilt. He's basically arguing with himself.
i completely agree with you on that part, except i find the guilt the rational part, and his resolution as irrational... rationalizing. what she said was completely right, he is enjoying "playing" dictator of his kingdom. just because his subjects like him doesn't mean jack shit. the citizens of north korea have been conditioned to worship Kim Jong-un, doesn't mean he is a swell fellow.
he finally met someone who speaks the truth, and he chooses instead to believe that anyone who doesn't like him is wrong, because any sane person would love him.
he continues to imprison a person for the sole reason that she doesn't want to go to his birthday party.
>>
>>81980102
Oh yeah, some prison. A wooden door, and a spider made of magma that will deliver whatever you ask.

Real mean guy.
>>
>>81978452
>she's gotten off too easy.
she's hardly even an autonomous person.
>>
>>81974143
>If you think good and evil is something inherent and immutable in a being, than Lodge is right, and Pasqualo is evil incarnate. If you believe morality stems from intent and actions, than Pasqualo is right, in that the world will be much better served by him trying his best to be the good person his friends see in him.

Pasqualo's intent isn't just to do best by the people, his #1 goal is ego stroke. exactly the reason he would release a so-called dangerous assassin as long as she pretends to like him.
>>
>>81980102
>>81980181
also, dude ignored the part where
>>81958866
lodge basically imprisoned herself because she was so caught up in believing that pasqualo was the epitome of evil that she couldn't see what was actually happening around her
>>
>>81980252
Well, his main posse is:
The Zombie King
The Anti-Anti-Christ
A member of TAC
The most fearsome Gorgon
and A feminazi that kills accidently with amazing accuracy.

and he himself is an immortal cyborg.

He can be cocky if he wants.
>>
>>81980822
>the cutest gorgon
>>
File: Gob made me something.png (42 KB, 748x712) Image search: [Google]
Gob made me something.png
42 KB, 748x712
>>81980991
That goes without saying.
>>
>>81980252
you're confusing "intent" with "motive." You're criticizing from the perspective of the first sort of ethics I described, where a person's interior self, the part that is difficult (or impossible) to change, is what matters when it comes to judging someone's morality. If a person does great good works because they want the good feelings that come with charity, does the selfishness of that desire counteract the good they did with it?

Meanwhile, if a man genuinely believes that Canadians are absolute scum, and decides to dedicate his life to selflessly hunting down and exterminating them to the exclusion of any kind of pleasure or leisure in his own life, does his behavior become moral because it's motivated by a selfless need to protect others?

I'm presenting this as if history has decided to reject this system of ethics, but that's not really the case. It's no longer what's adhered to by the majority of westerners living in the first world, though.

Basically my problem isn't with the assertion that because of his selfishness, Pasqualo is an evil person. My problem is with the fact that you ignored the two ethical perspectives I offered in favor of assuming that your own system is what everybody else operates under. It's fine to believe that a person's motivations are more important than their actions, but that isn't some kind of "objective morality."--such a thing doesn't really exist.
>>
>>81980822
>He can be cocky if he wants
being cocky is NEVER a good idea or character trait for ANYONE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
>>
>>81981166
I NEVER SAID IT WAS A GOOD THING
It's one of Pasq's character flaws. It makes him endearing.
He thinks he can prevent all tragedy and live his life exactly how he wants.

He thought that when going to fight the hellbeast.
He died.

He thought he was just having a fun rap battle with his mother.
She died.

He though the could protect everyone by simply being himself.
5 people are dead in a day.
>>
>>81980991

Well, the only gorgon too, so tehnically it counts.
>>
>>81981299
because she's the most fearsome.
>>
>>81981123
i don't think pasqualo is just a horrible bad person at all, regardless of his intents and motives, and i do believe that his presence is probably for the better, ie killing the principal that had a collection of severed heads.
but that doesn't change the fact that in this specific situation, lodge was right about a lot of things, and if he had taken some of them to heart (obviously not the "kill urself") he would have had some character development for the better, but he instead decided to say that the problem is with her, because it's easier for him.
>>
What is this comic? Why does it have near Lightbringer-tier art?
>>
>>81981744
It's called It Hurts.
The art is the way it is because
a. Gob's artistry is not great.
b. It's easier to draw it like this for the majority of strips.

He can actually get pretty good when he feels like it, and GRail is a great artist.

That being said, I love the wacky drawings and artstyle. It really fits the tone of the comic. Even if that means imaging your waifu looking a little better than she does.
>>
File: 1457327302428.png (80 KB, 332x295) Image search: [Google]
1457327302428.png
80 KB, 332x295
This may not be the biggest It Hurts thread we've had before, but this definitely may be one of the most in depth discussions we've had.
>>
>>81978452
Aurora only exists because Pasqualo was so desperate to by happy
>>
>>81981651
I think the problem is we know too much about Pasqualo and not enough about Lodge. WE know Pasqualo's good at heart even if he is a piece of shit sometimes, but all he sees is the piece of shit. So even while he's doing good, he's playing up being a piece of shit because that gives him a feeling of control over it, which then convinces others he's a piece of shit until they actually get to know him.

And that really doesn't sound so bad until you consider that people like Lodge are scared to shit of him for what amounts to no substantiated reason. And when people are scared, they do crazy things and get themselves killed like Blackie, which I don't think Pasqualo fully comprehends. Lodge has valid points, but her reasoning is wrong because, again, she doesn't actually know him. She just knows what he passes himself off as.
>>
>>81983130
Lots of people are, but if you take a random sample of unhappy people desperate to be happy, you'll find that very few of them create beings that bring about the apocalypse with an innocuous prayer. And Aurora isn't stupid. She's aware enough to feel really bad about what she did and knew the whole time what she was. That said, I don't know how much I can blame her, either. She did what she was created to do. She obviously has at least some degree of reasoning and free will, but who knows how much?
>>
>>81981651

The thing is everything Pasqualo says is 100% true. He really did have no control over the world ending and he has no obligation to take responsibility over other people's actions. He may be no saint but he's a goddamn miracle worker compared to a lot of the other whackjobs out there. He may be an asshole but he doesn't really tear the heads off families for the sake of it.
>>
>>81983362
>>81984431
pasqualo is NOT a good person at heart. everything he does is for ego and power. however, in attempt to do so he ended some even worse people in the process and despite random killings his kingdom is relatively safe for an apocalypse, and they have food. i dont know why everyone says "he does some shit things but is good at heart" when it is the exact opposite.
>>
not everything is black and white.

The only thing wrong is Aurora did was fell in love.

something is wrong, the mighty goku is fucking shit up.
>>
>>81985691
I wonder how much or Aurora loves Pasq because she was supposed to, and how much of her actually loves him now.
>>
>>81986461

that's the wrong type of question, its the fact her love destroyed the world. is she really allowed to love in the first place?

What cruel god left her in this? Which is why there is a bigger picture than just pasq.
>>
>>81987431
I don't know, her existence was sort of dual purpose - give Pasq the loving attention he craved, while also granting his darker wish of ending the world.

I just wonder, now, a year or so after he rejected her, and she had to find a new purpose in life (like farming) - how does she feel about him now? Does she still want to fulfill the first wish, since she already completed the second?
>>
File: CgWaCWbVAAETF9r.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CgWaCWbVAAETF9r.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
Holy shit how tall is lodge
>>
>>81984808
I wouldn't say EVERYTHING he does is for his ego. There are certain things that are inconsistent with that, like pausing his masturbatory little super villain game to kill the principal for real because he found his head cabinet. He also doesn't have to give a fuck about the safety and well-being of the people he conquers. He could force them to worship him if he wanted and it'd fit the super villain narrative he keeps trying to cling to, but he can't bring himself to do anything actually villainous even if it's consistent with the thing he attaches his self worth to. He just readjusts it in his head so that taking care of all these people is totally a villainous thing to do, you guys. That's not to say he's a good person and I actually think he really was evil or else completely dissociated at one point shortly after the apocalypse. There's more going on than his selfishness, though, and his desire to LOOK like he's evil while actively avoiding being evil shows his good and bad sides at the same time.
>>
File: lodge.png (14 KB, 481x583) Image search: [Google]
lodge.png
14 KB, 481x583
>>
File: 1454478865165.png (55 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
1454478865165.png
55 KB, 720x552
>>81988783
OH SHI-
>>
Will anything ever top issue 100?
>>
>>81989698
Probably not soon, but that was the whole point of issue 100
>>
>>81988345

look at his age then look what he gone through

his whole life is a shit yet they only thing keeping him alive is his friends
>>
>>81978452
she warned him bro, she told him dawg.
>>
>>81990145

nigga, are you going to listen do your logic with a dick so hard?
>>
>>81990006
Yeah

Also, before that strip, I didn't expect Tubsy to fucking kill Mark
>>
File: deeznuts.png (42 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
deeznuts.png
42 KB, 184x184
>>81990246
she told him even if it was a cagey bullshit. pasq even said he was all lolwut and didnt pay attention. but she was made to make him happy and she knew moreso thou of the consequences.

cant stay mad at this face. look at this little precious cinnabun.
>>
>>81990440
She aged badly (besides that bod) and is now more blamable because of it.
>>
File: CgYZFrEUYAA0SyP.jpg (43 KB, 592x800) Image search: [Google]
CgYZFrEUYAA0SyP.jpg
43 KB, 592x800
>>
>>81990440
have you never been a horny teenage boy what got his first girlfriend and know what consequences means?

its like put a condom moment, but shit you didn't learn any sex ed because you learn sex from the internet. Then boom, teenage pregnant angle thing
>>
>>81990581
goddamn Grail, how can you manage to make Lodge look cool?
>>
>>81990407
Holy fuck that is still my favorite part of this whole comic
Just how not caring Tubsy was when he did it. Goddamn it was beautiful
>>
>>81990684
The way everyone else in the comic reacts is gold
>>
>>81990609
he still risks it though, even after knowing this and almost blowing up the world again. hes playing russian roulette with the gun pointed to the world.

if that can happen from them hugging, imagine what would happen if they kissed. what if they fug?
>>
>>81991013
You sick fuck.
Aurora is too pure for sexual. She is a glorious glowing waterlily atop a sparkling lake of majesty.

And Pasqualo is a permavirgin. That's canon.
>>
File: cinnabun.png (50 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
cinnabun.png
50 KB, 200x200
>>81991125
i would never! i was only talking purely theoretic. she is a precious lil cinnabun only for short almost 2nd impact inducing hugs.
>>
Aurora knew what would happen. She wasn't upfront with Pasqualo let him pursue her.

Aurora is to blame for everything.
>>
>>81992338
While this is somewhat true it's worth keeping in mind she doesn't have as much free will as normal people.

The only one truly responsible for the apocalypse is God. He's the only one who really understood everything.
>>
File: ithurts206vivapawnee.png (701 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts206vivapawnee.png
701 KB, 980x1268
>>
File: dce99iedj.png (729 KB, 918x1154) Image search: [Google]
dce99iedj.png
729 KB, 918x1154
she'll be dead soon
>>
>>81994848
Pls no
>>
File: katie2.png (768 KB, 714x951) Image search: [Google]
katie2.png
768 KB, 714x951
>>81995758
dw they'll all be dead though
>>
>>81994848
you shut your whore mouth
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.