[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think the standalone Batman movie is guaranteed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: NEfigMCRB6Tmio_2_b.jpg (77 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEfigMCRB6Tmio_2_b.jpg
77 KB, 600x316
Does anyone else think the standalone Batman movie is guaranteed to adapt at least elements of the Jason Todd story?

If it turns out to be true, I'll be so goddamn disappointed. It's been done so many times at this point.
>>
Guaranteed? No.
Possible? Yes.

But I'm sure people will complain about there being another superhero origin story again.
>>
what else is there to do that doesn't require pre knowledge? To really do a lot of stories it takes too much to cram in one movie
>>
Jason might be overdone, but the bright side is it gives the narrative room to use several bat villains at once............but that could be a bad thing too.....shit
>>
It's an easily adaptable story. That's why Rocksteady used it for Arkham Knight (which was a horrible stupid fucking decision).
>>
It's only been done lots for comic book fans, not for normies. Most people who will see this movie don't even know the name Jason Todd exists!
>>
>>81953724

Hasn't it been done three times? All in different mediums with very little consumer overlap?

Is this autism at this point?
>>
>>81953724

If they do have flash backs to Jason Todd can they please can't a child actor (under fifteen) to play him.

Like, lets not have a return of young adult Robins, there's a reason Dick is Nightwing now.
>>
>>81954070
Jason has never been adapted to the big screen. Are you retarded or something. Normies probably don't even know that there is more than 1 Robin.
>>
>>81956529
This. Normies know the name Robin and some older ones probably remember Dick Grayson as a name. But that's it.
>>
>>81953724
Personally I'd rather see Son of Batman. Think about it Bats is still alone and broody still basically pissed at the world. Talia shows up drops the bombshell of Damian. Bruce is understandable knocked off balance but over the course of the movie starts to cheer up because he has a fucking son. Movie ends with Bruce and Damian playing catch.
>>
File: disappointedrapist.gif (65 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
disappointedrapist.gif
65 KB, 400x271
>>81953724
in a live action big budget hollywood adaptation?

oh yes it's soooo over played...

fucking retard
>>
Jason Todd is so fucking boring
>>
>>81953724
>If it turns out to be true, I'll be so goddamn disappointed. It's been done so many times at this point.
>Comic
>Animated Movie
>Arkham Knight
>>
>>81953724
Gimme two cinematic examples of it being used. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>81953985
thats why they shoulda tossed the martha bullshit and rolled jason todds death into the opening for bvs instead of another rendition of 'lets watch bruces parents die'.
>>
>>81953724
Batman Under the Hood is the worst Batman story and a even worst choice to adapt to the first Batman Solo DCEU movie. Since it's WB, they will probably do it.
Seriously, this would be stupid. The DCEU Batman has been established as a Zimmerman/Punisher/Sociopath that kills people with no remorse. AND WITH GUNS!!!!!!!!! Keyword: GUNS!!!!!!!
Why would you adapt the one shitty story where Batman strawmans and tells Jason Todd that killing criminals is never right and too far? What Batman going to do?
>Batman:JASON STOP! Don't kill the Joker! Killing is NEVER justifiable! Killing will only make you like Hitler, Jason!
>Red Hood: Didn't you kill alot of people to save Superman's mother?
>Batman: First of all, that was Manslaughter, not Murder. Totes different. Plus, I felt sorry. Now I know killing is bad. And wrong. Badong. So you and no one else should ever kill ever!
>Red Hood: Even though you murdering people helped save the day?...
>Batman: IT WAS MANSLAUGHTER, JASON! TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Everyone saw Batman v Superman. They saw Batman kill people with no remorse (while using guns). The audience isn't going to forget what happened. There is nothing, NOTHING, Batman can say or do to justify letting Red Hood not kill the Joker or criminals that won't make him sound like a hypocrite or idiot. Especially when he literally was doing the same thing (and it worked).

Goddamn, WB is full of idiots.
>>
>>81957535
really is the second worst robin, behind Tim of course
>>
>>81958711
Batman only started killing AFTER Jason died, he regained his no killing policy after bvs, Joker was off the radar for a few years
>>
>>81958711
Plot twist: Red Hood is boy scout who only punches bad guys.
>>
>>81953724
Probably not, it depends on how grim they want to make it. Since it will shoot after Justice League I, it might only be as grim as Johns can be (which means a bit) just nowhere near as much as this stuff has been. If Affleck thinks it will show some sort of growth, perhaps, but I kinda doubt it. The universe will be about 7 years old then and at least five movies, including Shazam possibly, so no.
>>
>>81958711
Kill yourself MCUck.
>>
>>81953724
>So many times
>Twice
>>
>>81953724
Considering this Batman kills a Jason story wouldn't make a lick of sense. Not saying Warner Bros wouldn't try, but it'd be dumb.
>>
>>81953985
Maybe not, but they know the name "Robin".
>>
>>81958711
Johns is in charge of the Batman solo movie and that's exactly why they are going to have Red Hood so Batman will look like an hypocrate.
It's all Johns plan to shit on a character he doesn't like.
>>
>>81953724
You know that Jason Todd has never appeared in a live action movie and that the vast majority of non-readers don't even know that there was more than one Robin?
>>
>>81953724
>It's been done so many times at this point.
Wut?
>>
>>81958711
>bad. And wrong. Badong.
Wait, where's that from?
>>
>>81958711
>>81959885
They'll retcon it if it suits their purposes.

They already retconned that Superman was the first super being on Earth ever.
>>
>>81961934
Kung Pow
>>
these stories aint stopping they will keep on rebooting remaking or renewing
>>
>>81957838
good point, the costume lost meaning.
>>
How is Batman going to honestlt look Jason in the eyes and tell him he won't kill the Joker?
>>
>>81953724
>It's been done so many times at this point.
True, but it'd still be something new for normies.
>>
>>81959885
Yeah, but it wouldn't be a direct adaptation anyway.
Arkham Knight differs from Under The Red Hood, so will the movie.
Besides, we have Suicide Squad to present Batman in a different light. He saves Harley, and Joker and Deadshot obviously survive their encounters with Bats.
>>
Honestly I'd much rather have a story that features Nightwing.
>>
>>81963500
Does Nightwing have any iconic stories? As Nightwing. His best runs were when he was Robin, Batman or a spy.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.