[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unsounded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: rainbows.jpg (282 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
rainbows.jpg
282 KB, 600x900
Chitz vision Duane is the sexiest duane of all
>>
did he drop the glamour? or its because they know
>>
>>81953682
>Matty is essentially on a permanent acid trip
I'm not sure if that'd be cool or scary.
>>
Duane's going to get on Quigley's case for being a shitty father, isn't he?
>>
>>81953964
as explained in the strip, glamours don't work on Matty since he sees with the sack with button eyes there.
and I think Quigs already knows
>>
>>81953682
Duane looks like the Iron Giant in Matty-vision.
>>
>>81953964
It's because they know.
>>
What in the world is Boo's deal
>>
>>81954464
Constructs can get infected with spirits right?
>>
>>81954464
Are you wondering why he's white in Matty's vision? I believe it's cause Matty sees using Khert lines, and Boo is made of First material, same with Duane's eyes.
>>
>>81954464
Made of First Materials, so is invisible to Pymaric sonar-vision. Just a white void of no return echoes.
>>
>>81954098
I'm sure that if that's how you've seen things for a long time, it wouldn't even bother you.
>>
>>81954464
Yeah, what IS Boo's deal? He started out as a really simple construct but he seems to have grown, somehow. Not just in what he can do but in the way he acts. It's very mysterious, and the fact that the other characters seem totally cool with it just makes it even more puzzling.
>>
>>81954546
>>81954550
Why is Boo so whispy though?
>>
>>81954638
Boo got fucked in the ass by a wad of First Silver last chapter
>>
>>81954674
More like he anal vore'd it.
>>
>>81954674
But he clenched his buttcheeks and ripped off the First Silver's dick and repurposed it as his own
>>
>>81954582
It all makes sense! Boo is Ssael
>>
>>81954582

Isn't it just what tends to happen with constructs in Kasslyne. That they're prone to being invaded by "sprits" (or whatever the lingering memories are called) thus the ride armor that was giving Toma trouble back in the cave.
>>
>>81954147
>>81954426

alright, i was a bit lost without some kind of visual aid (like panel 5), until i realized the last panel is papa's pov
>>
>>81953682
He does look pretty awesome like that.
>>
>>81953682
Ssael, please forgive Quigley for being such a shit. He has had a rough week after all.

I wonder when Duane last got to have an actual conversation in Aldish. Had to have been a while.
>>
>>81954132
I'd be very surprised if he didn't.
>>
So how long is Winalils going to sit and eavesdrop?
>>
>>81957850
Last thread, someone said that an Ssealit expat couple living in Sharteshane tried to get Duane to preside over their wedding, but he declined as he didn't want to taint their union with his presence.

If that is true, then there were some Aldish where Duane was inhabiting.
>>
>>81958125
He's procrastinating, remember?
>>
>>81958342
Yeah, but either way I think Aldish are a relative minority in Sharteshane and it certainly has a different culture from his homeland.

Moreover, I got the distinct impression that Duane actively avoided getting friendly, what with the whole turning into a mindless cannibal at night. So even if he lived near any, he'd probably keep the conversations to business matters and news from Alderode.
>>
>>81954098
If that's all you ever saw, then it wouldn't be so trippy
>>
I just noticed that both Quigs and Duane have the same brow-piercing. Is that a Ssaelit thing or is it a wright thing?
>>
>>81960577
Maybe just Aldish fashion?
>>
File: Friends.jpg (25 KB, 167x203) Image search: [Google]
Friends.jpg
25 KB, 167x203
>>81953682
>>
I can't get enough of this page. Duane and Quigley talking is something I've looking forward to for so long! Don't blue ball me anymore, Ashley!
>>
>>81960591
Might be, but they're both in the exact same spot which means it could be something specific. Maybe some custom that Aldish men/Ssaelit men follow when they get married? Both of them were family men before their lives went to hell, after all.
>>
>>81954098
Ice king got used to it
>>
File: 1449538623772.png (79 KB, 403x750) Image search: [Google]
1449538623772.png
79 KB, 403x750
>>81961273
Ice King is crazy.
>>
>>81961128
I believe it's just an Aldish men fashion thing, not necessarily when they're married. Quigley uses it for his glasses.
>>
>>81958342
>>81959075
It's probably important to note that any Aldishmen who are living in Sharteshane are probably not mainstream. You'd need a very good reason or extreme circumstances to be an Aldishman settled abroad. Even if they're all cool dudes, they're probably not the kind of party-line-towers Duane is more comfortable with.

That might be an interesting thing to consider. Duane always had a somewhat progressive streak (though it's important not to overstate this; his primary reaction to nonconformity was stern disapproval), such that it was hard for him to come down on people who didn't fit Alderode and Ssaelit systems or got abused by them. But would his current state make him more or less sympathetic to them? He basically spent the last few years being a self hating wreck. I wonder if that would've made him double down on orthodoxy or be even more compassionate to the outsiders? In the end, it probably never came up, since he didn't want to taint people with his presence in any case. At most, it was probably sympathy from a distance over similar circumstances.

Makes me wonder too why the expat couple was in Sharteshane, and unmarried too. Mixed caste? Just political dissidents?
>>
>>81957850
>Had to have been a while.
I think the last time he actually spoke Aldish to someone with the intent of actual communication was when he tried to talk to Quigley when they first met and Quigley just shat all over him. I don't think Quigley even talked back to him in Aldish at all, so it probably doesn't count.
>>
>>81961128
>>81962245
Yup, confirmed by Ashley to be fashion.
>>
It's nice to know that Duane actually looks friendly in Mattyvision.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.