[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wonder Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: Z61bn.jpg (138 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
Z61bn.jpg
138 KB, 600x453
So whatever happened to Wonder Man? He always seemed like an important part of the early Avengers but he's basically no where now. What happened to him? and I don't mean in the comics but what happened to the writers who wanted to use him and his popularity, I always remember him being generally well-liked

Speaking of nowadays, I think now would be a good time to bring him into the MCU, he was always really close to the Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Either way I always really liked the guy, even when he wasn't just bff's with Beast.
Remember that time Graviton tried to kill him by holding him at the bottom of a pool for like 3 days or something? That was silly.
>>
He had a thing with Captain Marvel, what happened to that?
I think he like, quit being a hero after civil war because he regret doing all the bad stuff on pro-registration.
>>
>>81953595
Rogue absorbed him.
>>
Last thing I read that even mentioned him was an old Thunderbolts comic where they described him as having no body or something.
>>
The last few things is he died, came back, went insane and tried to destroy the Avengers, failed, became a pacifist, got some Scarlet Snatch, and got absorbed by Rogue and hasn't been seen since.
>>
He was an Avenger Bendis thought was lame so got sidelined for a decade plus and now he's energy stuck in Rogue forever?
>>
>>81953595
Wonder Man was never seen as a very cool character; he was interesting enough to be used but rarely a favorite. I blame the fact that he's never had a good costume.
>>
>>81954500
He never really had a body after he became Wonder Man; he's composed of energy. He's been discorporeal on many occasions.

>>81953595
I think it's part of the Byrne thing. John Byrne hates the Vision, because the Vision is a synthetic recreation of a human and that means he's the same as a toaster to John Byrne; so Byrne wrote the Vision and Wanda's marriage out of existence and made their children the literal work of the devil.

Of course the Vision's mind isn't really synthetic; it's a copy of Wonder Man's mind from way back, and the two men are basically the same guy, like in that one Star Trek episode, living different lives. So Wonder Man is a good Vision stand-in; it makes a mockery of the toaster argument, but there you go.

>>81954143
I think she started seeing a Kree spy for a while and he moved to the West coast or something.

Then he quit, ended up in prison... it's a mess.
>>
>>81954474
I know that, but it's not like it'd be hard to bring him back, hell, he died and came back before. Plus he exists as an old man in the far flung future.

>>81954500
He's basically entirely energy at this point.
>>
He was such a goof. In a perfect world we'd have had an Ares and Wonder Man ongoing.
>>
File: Ares is Best Wingman.jpg (266 KB, 670x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ares is Best Wingman.jpg
266 KB, 670x1024
>>81954729
>In a perfect world we'd have had an Ares and Wonder Man ongoing.
Now I'm sad.
>>
File: letterman1.jpg (87 KB, 620x503) Image search: [Google]
letterman1.jpg
87 KB, 620x503
>>81954648
>>81954698
Is that so, I might have a bias or something cause I remember him being more popular, well that sucks.
Didn't Living Lazer free him from death once or am I remembering him wrong.
Fuck Rogue in all senses of the word

>>81954729
And then they go be guests on Conan
>>
I would like to read a solo miniseries of him that addresses how everyone forgot about him.
>>
Wonder Man was a great bro. If you had him in your corner, he was always in your corner. I miss him and Beast together.
>>
>>81954798
I'd like that

Actually didn't something like that happen once, he was soaking in some sealed tank of water and when he got up everyone was being controlled and they all just forgot about him.

>>81953595
I like how Hawkeye never seemed to get undressed
>>
Marvel kind of shoved him aside back in 93 when they cancelled West Coast Avengers for Force Works. He has never been much of a major player ever since.
>>
Wondy was my main man back in West Coast Avengers. In this age of pointless reality stars it'd makes perfect sense to bring him back, team him up with sober Herc and let the antics begin.
>>
>>81954474
There's been no mention of him in any of him in any of Rogue's recent appearences though. I've been working on the assumption that he got his body back during the 8 month time skip. I don't expect that'll be confirmed until someone cares enough about Wonder Man to bring him back again
>>
>>81957324
>>81954729
>>81954805
>No Wonder Man, Beast, Ares, Hercules, and Hawkeye West coast Avengers line up.
Just absorb me up Rogue.

>>81959108
I hope so, I hope someone does to him what's happened to Moon Knight as of late.
>>
>>81953595
He dies in his very first appearance though.
That's literally the purpose of this character: dying.
>>
File: old man.jpg (737 KB, 1843x1920) Image search: [Google]
old man.jpg
737 KB, 1843x1920
>>81959605
He only gets cooler with ages and death.
>>
>>81954715
His mind got wiped but they could use Vision as a backup to rebuild it.
>>
File: [SEVENTH WONDER].jpg (2 MB, 1979x2825) Image search: [Google]
[SEVENTH WONDER].jpg
2 MB, 1979x2825
>>81953595
last I saw he was Wanda's stand. No idea what happened to him after that. I assume some cosmic entity eats him.
>>
>>81959108
He was removed from her body JUST before Secret Wars.
>>
>>81960366
>you will never tickle Scarlet Witch
:(
>>
>>81960366
That was 15 years ago, Anon.
Since then Wanda brought him back to life through the power of love (establishing that's a thing that Ionic Entities can do).
Then Dissassembled happens and the Avengers kind of fuck off and do their own thing.
Then Civil War happens and he's Pro-Reg (since his identity is public knowledge), even joining Carol Danvers's SHIELD team (not to mention being part of a love triangle with her).
Then after Siege, he goes on a big "The Avengers are the problem with all of Earth's problems!" thing, which was foreshadowed a bit during Dark Reign where he said his time as an Avenger resulted in nothing but pain. He eventually made a team called the Revengers (I forget most of the members, but Anti-Venom and Atlas were members) to fight against the Avengers (this was Bendis's "work").
Then during Children's Crusade his actions in the last bit where because he was going a bit loony, which IS a thing that some ionic powered beings are want to do. He then helped the Avengers find the Scarlet Witch after House of M.
Then he joined the Avengers Unity Squad (Uncanny Avengers), but he actively avoided trying to fight, having become a pacifist. He mostly just used his celebrity status to help the team (and he and Wanda got back together during this point). He let Rogue absorb him completely so she could fight a Celestial, during one of the times where she could control her powers. But while fighting the Celestial, she lost control again, so now Simon was stuck inside of her, giving Rogue his ionic strength and flight, while Simon is still in her head, actively talking to her.
Then while the Unity Squad was chasing after Maximoff twins while they were kicking the door in on the High Evolutionary's place to finally find out who the hell their parents are this week, Rogue gets captured and Simon is purged from her. I think she still has his powers, though Simon's consciousness is gone for now.
>>
>>81960377
Ah I missed that, do you know exactly which issue that was?
>>
>>81960377
Wait really? That's good to hear, does that mean he actually showed up in a comic?

>>81960485
>though Simon's consciousness is gone for now.
Well that sucks, where did this happen? Where can I read it?
>>
>>81954698

His red jacket and shades always seemed pretty dope to me.

Jetpack belt was the shit too.
>>
>>81960639
Uncanny Avengers vol 2
>>
>>81953595
Joss Whedon hates him. They stopped using him for movie synergy.
>>
File: marvel the end 5 10.jpg (728 KB, 957x1518) Image search: [Google]
marvel the end 5 10.jpg
728 KB, 957x1518
>>81959605
And it fucks up the entire universe!
>>
File: marvel the end 5 11.jpg (731 KB, 955x1478) Image search: [Google]
marvel the end 5 11.jpg
731 KB, 955x1478
>>81961263
>>
File: marvel the end 5 12.jpg (831 KB, 965x1520) Image search: [Google]
marvel the end 5 12.jpg
831 KB, 965x1520
>>81961450
>>
>>81961263
>>81961450
>>81961666
>people have never been revived on any other planet in the universe
>>
This reminds me, I need to find that one where he helps that assassin chick stop being an assassin by being nice to her over and over again
>>
Didn't Bendis put him on the Revengers team or something? That shit was stupid.
>>
>People actually like Wonder Man
Why?
>>
>>81961879
>you don't
Why?
>>
>>81953595
Well he was in Uncanny Avengers and Axis, that's his most recent appearance I can think of.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.