[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does superman know how to fight? There's no way he could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: SupermanJLU.png (76 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
SupermanJLU.png
76 KB, 350x262
How does superman know how to fight? There's no way he could learn to fight without killing someone.
>>
>>81949972
Are you a Kryptonian? You have experience in how to fight as one? Where did you train?
>>
>>81949972
The same way any person knows how to control the amount of force they output.
>>
>>81949972
Sueprman didn't for the longest time. He started getting his ass beat by people weaker, but better in technique.
>>
>learn to fight
With his Kryptonian physiology under Earth's yellow sun, he really doesn't have to learn to fight; being a flying brick and throwing haymakers was usually enough. At least at first. However once Superman encounters his more heavyweight rogues, sure, you could argue that he would need to learn to fight properly.

I'd like to see a good-natured sparring match between Batman and Superman; maybe in the Batcave under a red solar lamp and Bruce could show Clark various forms and techniques.
>>
>>81949972
Karate Kid taught him. Obviously.
>>
>>81949972
you never see superman accidentally shatter a car door or leave a footprint in cement, and he can punch a mundie without shattering their bones by default. He's rarely shown as having less that full control of his exertion.
>>
>>81950522
I think that sort of happened pre52, except Supes lost his powers temporarily.
>>
>>81949972
legion of super heroes trained him
>>
>>81949972
Does he actually know how to fight?
>>
>>81949972

He was taught Kryptonian martial arts from the computers on his space pod up in arctic.
>>
Legion of Superheroes taught him, of course.
>>
There's stories of him losing his powers and getting wrecked because he only ever relied on super strength and invisibility.

Also there's the thing about him being able to Matrix information into his head in the Fortress of Solitude.
>>
>>81949972
It's a mix of training with his powers turned off, and being taught by experience by having to fight people in his weight class. He doesn't show it off much, but even without his powers, he's a talented boxer and brawler. He's kicked Ultraman's ass based solely on the skill gap between them before - being a killer, Ultraman only fights his enemies once, and even then, only after throwing his henchmen at them, so he's got very little experience in his weight class.
>>
>>81949972
Batman taught him in a dojo whose lamps simulated red sun energy.
>>
File: Faora.jpg (43 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
Faora.jpg
43 KB, 263x400
Superman realized he had better learn how to fight after Faora whipped his ass and he ran away with his cape between his legs.
>>
>>81950036
on a farm
>>
I'm pretty sure Wildcat taught Superman to box Pre-52
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.