[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Doctor Doom is Kim Jong Un on steroids > Avengers, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: doom.jpg (100 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
100 KB, 425x500
> Doctor Doom is Kim Jong Un on steroids
> Avengers, or any other team, never try to stop him torturing Latverians, unless he somehow directly interferes in their lives

What heroes.
>>
>>81942934

Latveria isn't a shithole though
>>
You've never read a single comic about Doom or Latveria have you?
>>
>>81942934
> Doctor Doom is Kim Jong Un on steroids
You mean Kim Jong Un is Doctor Doom on crystal meth, you fool.
>>
Richards, stop fucking slandering Doom. You know damn well he doesn't need to torture Latverians.
>>
>>81943040
Show me any Latverian opposition.

There isn't any. They are all in his labor camps.
>>
>>81943098
go to bed richards, you're drunk
>>
>>81943109
....I think I could rule Latveria better, if I had a chance.

Just saying.
>>
File: image.jpg (426 KB, 1000x1516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426 KB, 1000x1516
Richards you're drunk.
>>
>>81943001
This.

Latveria is a really nice place to live so long as you don't say anything bad about Doom.
>>
What is some recommended reading for the great DOOM?
>>
>>81942934
Richards, go try to be a bicycle!
>>
>>81942934
Since when does Doom torture his own people?
>>
File: Doomfags.png (1 MB, 938x718) Image search: [Google]
Doomfags.png
1 MB, 938x718
>>81943183
Doom agrees.
>>
>>81942934
>torturing Latverians
What?
>>
File: new-avengers-namor-and-doom.png (775 KB, 676x595) Image search: [Google]
new-avengers-namor-and-doom.png
775 KB, 676x595
>>81942934
Doom is love, Doom is life.
>>
>>81942934
>Torturing Latverians

Doom is above all else extremely protective of his citizens. His ego would never let him be the leader of some third world shit-hole. Plus he loves when his people boast about their standard of living on their own free will because it confirms that he is the best ruler that has ever lived.
>>
>>81943904
Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by /co/, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.
>>
File: vic why.jpg (170 KB, 890x484) Image search: [Google]
vic why.jpg
170 KB, 890x484
>>81943715
>>81943888
Yeah that doesn't seem right, as far i remember Doom usually imprison and force people into work camps and if someone fuck up really badly he will just kills them
>>
File: I want to be conquered by doom.png (199 KB, 1237x906) Image search: [Google]
I want to be conquered by doom.png
199 KB, 1237x906
>>81943987
I like this this comentary on Doom even when its a few year old pasta
>>
>>81944106
See >>81943753
Doom's a punk.
>>
>>81943098
Or because his subjects like him.
>>
>>81942934
Thought that was Duane looking at the thumbnail.
>>
>>81942934
>torturing Latverians
Go to bed Richards.
>>
>>81943753
And of course that ends with slobbering all over Richards cock.

Whole damn arc was a setup for that. Which sucks because the Thor Corps and the rest of the locales on the planet were pretty cool.
>>
>>81943753
shitty ending to a shitty event
Though I could use a refresher
Molecule Man sent miles to 616-8 as thanks for a burger
But why not just recreate 1610 as they're doing with the other universes?
And what's Miles' reason for taking up the Spider-man name with Peter still running around?
>>
>>81942934
When I saw Fant4stic with a friend, I kept telling him how much Doctor Doom reminded me of a 4chan user. Every time he was on-screen, I was reminded of this site.
>>
Doom is a benevolent king. Latveria is one the best places on earth to live. Doom's technology exports support a rich economy.
>>
>>81942934
I hate the fact that Latvia is always portrayed as a pretty decent place to live. If the world would be so good under Doom then why do the writers keep making him a villain? Whats the point of making him the antagonist if his goals would make the world objectively better? I don't know why Doctor Doom can't just be an evil asshole, his name is Doom for fucks sake!
>>
I wonder what tax is like in Latveria, Im almost certain it was mention that the education and healthcare is 100% free and with all the Doom bot working as slave servants/police/army i would image the size of their government is only a fraction of any other computer (I would imagine it is mostly run by super sophisticated computers).
>>
>>81946924
Because he's driven by his ego, and the world would only be a better place for people willing to kiss his ass and never question him.
>>
>>81943987
There was that time he sent Reeds kids to hell and cut off some woman's skin and wore it as a costume. Although I think most Doom fans and writers want him to be an anti-hero. It's the same problem with Magneto, everyone spends so much time humanizing them they forgot to make them villains.
>>
File: Doctor Doom gentlest monarch.jpg (108 KB, 366x339) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Doom gentlest monarch.jpg
108 KB, 366x339
>>81942934
>torturing Latverians
Latverians have the highest living standard on earth.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.