[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shapeshifting enemy transforms into a loved one and begs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: YAMERO.png (635 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.png
635 KB, 1136x640
>shapeshifting enemy transforms into a loved one and begs for t hem to stop right before their eyes
>hero still hesitates to continue
>despite the fact they KNOW its the bad guy
>>
>>81935915
on an important note

Arc-v is fucking good, I can't wait for the dub to fucking butcher it.
>>
>Implying Yuya won't do that in the same situation

>>81936095
The dub has been out for a year now
>>
>loved one is turned into a monster
>hero hesitates and nearly gets themselves/others killed even though their former loved one is clearly 100% gone with no hope of reverting
>>
File: yuya.png (369 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
yuya.png
369 KB, 500x493
>character has to guess who the shapeshifter is
>shapeshifter says/does something the character wouldn't do or character says/does something only they would do
>character immediatley knows who's fake
>>
File: here.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
here.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>completely contrived events keep occurring to separate the hero from a friend
>this way when they confront each other it's neither of their faults
>>
>>81935915
uhh parasyte
>>
>>81935915
Normal, non-autistic people aren't cold, logical machines. Hesitating wpuld be the natural reaction.
>>
>>81935915
Uh, Fullmetal Alchemist although Ed hesitates for a split second before wailing on Envy again.
>>
>>81936120
>>81936095
it just kinda sucks that there's no channel on tv that air's yugioh.
saturday morning cartoons don't even exist anymore and that's where yugioh mainly was.
don't you just think that it's just complete heresy that they would get rid of something that is such a childhood tradition as the saturday morning cartoons.
i mean that's some straight up Adults from KND type of shit
>>
>>81936511
Is there a better way of portraying this?
Sure it's a cliche, but not as dumb as the OP one. It's certainly overused, but how else would you spot out a shapeshifter besides
>wire in the blood
>>
>>81939052
Saturday morning cartoons died because of all-cartoon channels. They just couldn't compete, because kids aren't gonna wake up early in the morning to watch five or six shows when they could tune into Cartoon Network whenever they wanted to. Saturday morning cartoons were a relic of the day when there was only about three channels, and they had to put the cartoons somewhere, so why not the time when no adults were watching?
>>
File: 0 out of 10.jpg (41 KB, 495x480) Image search: [Google]
0 out of 10.jpg
41 KB, 495x480
>>81938963
>shapeshifting enemy TRANSFORMS into a loved one and begs for them to stop RIGHT BEFORE THEIR EYES
>>
>>81935915
I think the trick is to just make it a moment of hesitation or shock - even though you know it's a trick, it's still not easy to kill someone who looks exactly like your mom.
>>
>>81939122
look, i can understand that Saturday morning cartoons, aren't as big as they were many years ago, and that any kid can go watch CN on cartoons online instead.
but what about those kids who's parents can't afford cable or satellite or internet and they're stuck with antenna or analog or whatever they use to get tv?
sure there's always an alternative.
but to me it's not that it's something obsolite, but was a childhood tradition growing up, and that's something kids today will never experience by having only one day dedicated to them after a long week of school and other bullshit.
>>
>>81939138
Yes, you tard. The hero isn't consciously thinking "They are my loved one". It's a subconscious reluctance to attack what looks and sounds like a loved one even when your conscious brain knows it's not real.

You just doubled-down on proclaiming your autism.
>>
>Character proves that they're the Real One by revealing a deep and skeevy secret.
>Rest of the cast decides they'd rather keep the clone that's *not* a creep or a jackass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvH0HMPbXNc
>the heroes don't buy it and play along just to fuck with the bad guy
>>
>>81935915
It's a subconscious thing. If they transformed into your mother/girlfriend/brother/ whatever, there will be reluctance to hurt them even if you know it's not actually them.
>>
>The heroes just beat the crap out of both and wait for the shape shifter to change back when knocked out.
>>
>>81939497
It's a bit of a shame, but that's a sad truth. Only 7% of American households with TV use an antenna, and most of those households do it because either they don't bother with TV at all except maybe to watch the big game, or they're really poor and they can't afford something better (and that demographic is not one that people will pay through the nose to advertise for).
>>
File: 5675840.png (77 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
5675840.png
77 KB, 278x200
>>81939122
>Saturday morning cartoons died because of all-cartoon channels
>Literally just TTG and Spongebob
Yeah no. Fuck them, I get more just popping in my DVDs every Saturday
>>
>Shapeshifting villain turns into hero's dead loved one
>Hero hesitates
>Drops
>Holds shapeshifted villain by the hand
>Starts crying about how much they missed them
>The villain plays along reluctantly, carried away by the hero's emotions
>They walk off
>They date
>They get married
>They have children
>They live a full life together
>>
>>81939052
Actually, it airs on Nicktoons.
But, that's if you wanna count Nicktoons.

>>81936095
It's shit, but, it's way better than any YGO dub has ever been in my opinion.

That being said, it's up to you to determine if that means much or not.

Hope you like puns.
>>
>>81943470
i didn't know
and i don't think comcast has nicktoons
>>
>>81943315
When do we get this? Why can't we get this just once?
>>
>>81943315
>>81944339
Seriously, this is episode 1, first minute. Rest of the show is slice of life with humorous villain freakouts as it keeps up the act.
>>
File: 1215151743365.png (768 KB, 650x2579) Image search: [Google]
1215151743365.png
768 KB, 650x2579
>>81943315
>>
>>81944414
I want this. Cartoon or anime, I don't care. It's a fantastic setup
>>
File: woah hey guys.png (449 KB, 806x630) Image search: [Google]
woah hey guys.png
449 KB, 806x630
>>81935915
Remove the "ENTERTAINMENT" BS and this might be as good as DM or 5Ds' first half
Also has the best Lex Luthor since the DCAU
>>
>>81935915
Whenever this happens I really want to fast forward, I am just so sick of this scene in everything.
>>
>>81938963
No this is a natural reaction
>>81936164

>>81935915
This is just retardation that only the mently unstable would do.
>>
>>81945194
likewise

and to the people that say OMG YOU'RE JUST AUTISTIC, the problem is not that the character hesitates. it's always that they stop for an unreasonable period of time. if they were just shocked for a moment and gave themselves a shake and resumed attacking that's fine but I can't think of an instance of it. it's always

>GASP
>Y-YOU'RE NOT REALLY THEM
>I CAN'T DO IT
>STOP LOOKING LIKE THAT
>I-IMPOSSIBRU
>shapeshifter proceeds to escape/fight back/whatever
>>
>>81945125
I've noticed the threads on /a/ are a total circlejerk though, they like using DSoD as a scapegoat for when something goes wrong. It only really works with the QUALITY, since it took all of the skilled animators, but the same writers are still there, they're just shit.
>>
>>81943315
Didn't something like this happen in the 90's Xmen cartoon?
>>
>>81939852
see
>>81945456

>a-autism!

That's another way of saying "I'm compensating for my lack of an argument."
>>
>>81945456
You're just autistic.
>>
>>81947543
There's an argument right there in that post. Your only argument is "This person is not acting rationally", which is just plain stupid, because people aren't rational creatures.
>>
>>81935915
Non-autistic people fee bad abot spitting on a loved ones image, even though they know it doesn't actually do anything to them. Hesitating is perfectly normal. You'd know this if you weren't autistic as fuck.
>>
>>81936095
>Arc-v is fucking good
If you have abysmal standards, sure
>>
>>81935915
This is why I shoot pictures of myself at the range. Not loved ones but it helps get rid of hesitation when faced with something that doesn't make sense.

Sometimes I make smiley faces.
>>
>Villain shape shifts into himself
>"This is the part where you kill me, right?"
>>
>>81945851
This desu.

The animation quality and consistency was pretty wonky anyway from the start. From his track record, the director just can't seem to make an end product that levels to more than painfully mediocre.
>>
>>81947635
But the issue isn't that they're not acting "rationally". The issue's that it's an overused and tired scene that's already been done better in other works.

If it's a compelling scene and makes me feel bad for the character, it works. But if it's an excuse to ham up angst, its plodding and boring and I can be watching anything else that I know is better.

Execution, man. That's what's being discussed.
>>
>>81945456
>people wreck my retarded post because I'm either too stupid to express my point or genuinely autistic
>better backpedal and shift the goal posts so I'm right
>>
>>81947895
The OP is complaining about them hesitating at all.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.