[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about Laika? How would you rank what they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How do you feel about Laika? How would you rank what they've put out so far? Are you interested in Kubo and the Two Strings?
>>
>>81917601
>How do you feel about Laika?
I'll always go and see one of their movies for the stop motion alone

How would you rank what they've put out so far?
Coraline > Paranorman > Boxtrolls

Are you interested in Kubo and the Two Strings?
My most anticipated movie of the year
>>
>>81917601
They are a good studio.

Paranorman> Coraline> Did not see box trolls

Very interested but probably won't see it in theaters.
>>
>>81917601
Decent but I'd like it if they made more stuff with other mother. Not the spider woman but just other-mother Like maybe a spin off short about her being a single mother with Coraline and getting a date despite her situation
>>
>>81919149
Where would this fall in the story?
>>
>>81917601
cute characters, delicious women, nothing amazing but nothing bad either
>>
>>81917601
I like Laika.

Paranorma>Coraline>Have not seen boxtrolls but heard good things

Yes I am super interested in Kubo and the two strings.
>>
I LOVE Coraline, and though Paranorman was pretty good, Box Trolls did not garner enough interest for me to see it.
But I'm totally stoked for Kubo!
>>
Fantastic studio, they are fighting the good fight.

Coraline=Paranorman>Box Trolls

I can't wait to see Kubo.
>>
>>81917601
Coraline was so perfect I never thought of reading the book. Paranorman had the flaw of having everyone being either depressed or unfunny. I don't know who wrote that script.

No one has seen Kubo because it is impossible.
>>
Can't wait for Kubo and the Two Strings. It's gonna be pretty damned good, I'm sure.
>>
I like the studio, but I would like to see them try a movie or two that steps outside their Sellick-esque wheelhouse. Kubo looks like it's heading that direction, and I'll definitely see it, though the degree of difference remains unknown.
>>
>>81917601
Only one I seen was coraline because gaiman was involved, and she was such an awful unlikeble cunt in that. Never seen the other ones since kid movies don't really interest me much.
>>
>>81917601
>Norman ponders how best to hit on a soul stealing fae abomination
>Coraline regrets that Craigslist ad for a three-way
>Mitch is deeply disturbed by his newfound monster fetish
>>
>>81919232
A complete what-if.
If Other Mother literally just wanted to take care of Coraline in the periods her real parents couldn't.
>>
Laika does one movie at a time, with advertisements and miscellaneous jobs to pass the time right? Do we know how often do they cycle teams from the miscellaneous projects to their main movie?
>>
>>81919149
>>81919807
Anon, there was no 'just other-mother', it was always the spider woman. Watch her during her first scene; while Coraline and Other Father are chowing down on the meal she's made, she's just sitting there, not touching her own plate, staring at Coraline with a vacant silent smile. She was being creepy right from the start.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.