[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As much as I'd like to believe in Cap's idealism, Tony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
As much as I'd like to believe in Cap's idealism, Tony is completely right. The world is a vulnerable place, especially the Marvel universe. You have to take the world as it is, not as you'd like it to be.

Freedom of privacy is completely meaningless in a world where normal people, good or bad, can gain powers from fish oil, rapists can have god-like mind control powers, and botched science experiments can turn normal people into nearly indestructible rage monsters.
>>
>>81912236
Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle?
>>
File: tony_was_right.png (217 KB, 550x659) Image search: [Google]
tony_was_right.png
217 KB, 550x659
>>
File: 1452430129908.jpg (69 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1452430129908.jpg
69 KB, 890x890
>>81912236
> wanting governments to send super-powered gods to sand jockey countries so they can regime change for their shill overlords
stay forever blue-pilled

cap was right in the comic, he's right in the movie
>>
File: 1307037673587.gif (700 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1307037673587.gif
700 KB, 360x203
>>81912236

As much as I respect Tony's concern about collateral damage, he is completely wrong in his idea that the best way to create "accountability" is to make their operations subordinate to the American government.

Because if there's one organization in this world that prizes itself on accountability, transparency, and effective management of resources, it's the fucking government.
>>
File: Cap vs Tumblr.png (3 MB, 1006x1546) Image search: [Google]
Cap vs Tumblr.png
3 MB, 1006x1546
>>81912236

>Being an authoritarian collectivist and betraying America

Fuck off Tony-fags
>>
>>81912641
They'd be subordinate to the United Nations, not the United States.
>>
>>81912236
>wanting the government to be the ones to choose Vision's or Scarlet Witch's enemies
No.
>>
>>81912820
This. They'd basically be glorified UN peace keepers.
>>
>>81913390
which is worse because if you wanted them to go into the middle east and peace keep you'd get russia using its veto to stop it

then you'd want them in south east asia to make sure china doesn't infringe on other nations territories and oh china just used their veto, or south america to stop drug cartels and oh the united states used its veto
>>
>>81912820

Oh right.

So even WORSE in all those areas then.
>>
>>81913286
Russia is already collecting Inhumans. What happens when a world-breaker gets recruited? Or a Kilgrave becomes a negotiator?
>>
>>81915312
The Avengers go in hard and destroy them.
I'd rather see them fighting against actual threats instead of having them fighting against ISIS.
>>
>>81915312
The Avengers assemble.

On their own terms, not because the government told them to.
>>
>>81915367

Then what's the point of having them under the arm of the UN in the first place?
>>
>>81915312
Innocent people die in the time it takes for the bureaucracy to approve the Avengers taking action
>>
>>81915413
That's what I'm saying. The Avengers are better off without the UN or US.
>>
>>81915353
>The Avengers go in hard and destroy them.

Like a militia? What happens when a group of rogue enhanced and Inhumans does to Washington what the Avengers did to that HYDRA base?
>>
>>81915670
Are you implying if they were government controlled they could avoid that from happening?
>>
>>81912236
Well, if we can't save the world, you can be damned sure we'll Avenge it.
>>
>>81912236
Who cares? It's a shit story and it'll be a shit movie.
>>
>>81915670
If the government had their way, Peter Parker, Matt Murdoch, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and millions of others would've died in a nuclear explosion.
>>
>>81915994
>Murdoch

It's Murdock.

And the government had no way of knowing the Avengers would've succeeded. They made the right choice. Things just happened to go better than planned.
>>
Yeah, except for the people you're trying to make the Avengers submit to are the very same people that make the world vulnerable to begin with. Why submit to the authority of a inherently corrupt institution?
>>
>>81912236
Tony's logic is flawed. Ultron happened because the Avengers weren't under some kind of authoritarian control? Ultron is the result of Tony trying to implement authoritarianism.
>>
>>81915815
Why are you here?
>>
>>81916056
You just admitted the Avengers have better judgement than the government.
>>
File: 1742961-are_you_beer.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1742961-are_you_beer.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>>81916227
No, they were idiots who got lucky
>>
>>81912236
>Tony is completely right.
Maybe in a world where every government organization with an agenda hasn't proven itself to basically be evil. Tony is only right in relation to himself. He's the only one who has overstepped his bounds, with the exception of the Hulk, maybe. Cap and the rest are fine operating on their own. The argument can be made about civilian deaths at each occurence, but without intervention by the Avengers, each situation would have claimed many more lives.

This movie is dumb, but I will still see it because muh capes.
>>
>>81916273

This pretty much. Security Council made the call based on the info they had available at the time and according to the known risks.

We can argue all day about whether Truman was right to drop the bombs on Japan according to what we know now, but back then they had a risk assessment procedure, they analyzed it, and that's the decision they made according to it. It is what it is.
>>
>>81912619
back to /pol/ plz
>>
>>81916763
i hate /pol/

but it's true, fucking millar touched upon the ultimates getting sent to a sand country in v2. that's exactly how a real-world superpowered team would be used

and after 9/11 netanyahu actually said this. israel benefited immensely from post-9/11 america. bibi is a war criminal
>>
>the avengers should be bogged down in red tape and legislation thus not allowed to do shit about anything because they're stuck in a collective of governments pissing contest

fantastic idea tones you fucking retard
>>
>>81917964
Hope Tony built a suit designed to hand out food aid.
>>
>>81912236
Truth is, the MCU world is in the state it's in because of Tony. He's responsible for Ultron, Extremis, his tech made the giant kill-drones viable, he goaded enemy nations into trying to make their own suits, the plans Vanko used to make the Whiplash suit were left in Russia, his reactor powered the cube to make the attack on New York possible, the world would have been better off without him. He supported registration because he's afraid.
>>
>>81917672
this fampai
>>
>>81916545
They made a decision that could have killed millions of people. The Avengers were slapped down for not being able to save everyone in trying to prevent both the alien invasion and that stupid fucking decision to bomb NYC.
>>
Just wanted to remind you guys Civil War has a 94%
>>
>>81912820
That's even worse
There's a reason the justice league international are so unpopular
>>
>>81912236
It's not about privacy it's about not answering to incompetents and the corrupt.
>>
>>81923608
>the government is naturally corrupt, therefor I should answer to no one
Sorry, bud, everyone answers to the government whether they like it or not. Especially pseudo-military entities acting under criminal pretenses.
>>
>>81923670
>everyone answers to the government whether they like it or not
At least in the MCU the government doesn't get to decide that.
>>
>>81912236
Yes, because the american government hasn't committed enough war crimes yet, we need to give them control over superpowered people so they can do more damage
>>
>>81912236
I just want them to curb stomp there warlords, mobs, and monsters first. And THEN fight over what's left.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.