[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Cruz Craven Coward Green lantern only requirement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: GLeye.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
GLeye.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
Jessica Cruz
Craven Coward

Green lantern
only requirement is to not be scared easily
>>
>the ability to overcome great fear

A coward who can get their shit together and face whatever the universe throws at them is just showing what being a GL is about.
>>
>>81911128
>only requirement is to not be scared easily

No, the only requirement is the ability to overcome your fears
>>
>>81911128
I'm actually really upset that they found a way to make a human green ringslinger in a way that doesn't make me angry

then they just make her a green lantern
>>
File: Green-lantern-no-fear.jpg (52 KB, 570x242) Image search: [Google]
Green-lantern-no-fear.jpg
52 KB, 570x242
>>81911128
>only requirement is to not be scared easily
>>
>>81911128
I'll take the bait

The only requirement is the ability to overcome great fear and have insanely strong willpower
>>
File: lantern corp requirements.png (615 KB, 616x617) Image search: [Google]
lantern corp requirements.png
615 KB, 616x617
>>81911128
The requirements for becoming a Lantern of any spectrum are incredibly vague and boil down to "you have emotions, here's an all-powerful ring". It's what allows the different Lantern Corps to have such vast and varied members, and it's what keeps them strong. The rings are based solely on one's character, and not on physical limitations whatsoever. Literally anyone can become a ring-slinger, so long as you have strength of character in some aspect. Truly the ultimate weapon.

It's just too bad the comics themselves have been dragged down by some really shitty writers and terrible ideas, like emotions being a fucking finite resource. I don't know how many cocks Venditti sucks on a daily basis to keep his job, but it must be an astronomical number.

>>81911484
That's the worst part of Jessica. She was interesting and different than the norm, now she's just yet another human GL. There's enough humans to take one of each color and make their own Sentai team.
>>
>>81912309
>tfw that's what New Guardians started as
>tfw it ended so far from that premise
>>
Green Jihad.
>has most powerful weapon in the universe
>still carries a human made gun.
>>
>>81912874
>has most powerful weapon in existence
>allows the kuffar to live
>>
>>81912874
When he first got his ring it kept failing because of event shenanigans and had to use the gun to defend himself against the zombies, so he keeps the gun in case it happens again. There'd be a lot more GLs alive today if they had kept their own backup weapons from their cultures.
>>
>>81911128
>what is "You have the ability to overcome great fear"
>>
>>81912552

New Guardians was a lot of fun for the first couple arcs, then they started shipping Kyle hard with Carol and broke up the Skittle Squad and I lost interest so fast.
>>
ITT: You have the ability to overcome great fear
>>
>>81913006
Kyle never should've stay White Lantern after the event ended. Shit's too powerful being able to access all of the different colors so easily, and it gave Venditti a reason to do the well shit. At the very least that should've stripped him of it.

I always get bummed at how much of a mess GL books have become.
>>
I do miss Bearded Rage Monster Guy. Red fits him well.
>>
>>81913452
he was once called one angry lantern for a long time
>>
>>81913681
And he was a hero powered by that before he became a rage lantern.
>>
>>81913452
>>81913681
Is he still going to be Red in Rebirth or are they shoving him back to being Green again?
>>
File: 1429660970538.png (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1429660970538.png
90 KB, 300x300
>>81912874
>Relying on a weapon that always seems to fail or run out of juice right when you need it
>Not being pragmatic and carrying a separate weapon just in case

Say what you will about Green Muhammad, his pragmatism there is not a bad thing.
>>
>>81912309
>like emotions being a fucking finite resource
What? How can emotions be finite? That would only be true if living beings are dying off in vast numbers.

>>81912552
>>81913006
>New Guardians
Are you talking about Janwillem Kroef and the other New Guardians or something else?
>>
>>81913815
He's already Green again and the Red Lanterns are bad guys again
>>
>>81912552
that really bummed me out

they were becoming a family and then the whole group is like "nah" then fly off so that khyle can get a brand new set of white lantern powers
>>
>>81913930
>What? How can emotions be finite? That would only be true if living beings are dying off in vast numbers.

Exactly. It was a retarded idea and a horrible storyline. Venditti is a horrible human being.
>>
>>81912874
that one makes sense though, those rings run out all the time
>>
>>81914195

And the ring he had when he first became a lantern was unreliable and would malfunction at the worst times.
>>
>>81913815
He's been a green again for a while

The reds are gonna be villains again
>>
>>81913930
>Are you talking about Janwillem Kroef and the other New Guardians or something else?

The New 52 series.
>>
>>81914295
Oh. Why did they reuse a series title that was so deliberately confusing?
>>
File: guy motherfucking gardner.jpg (255 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
guy motherfucking gardner.jpg
255 KB, 684x1024
>>81914012
>>81914257
But he is a better Red than Green. God damn it, why do we need so many human Greens? I've been out of the loop when it comes to Green Lantern for awhile. It's really been downhill lately.

>>81914331
The full title was Green Lantern: New Guardians.
>>
>>81914331
Nobody remembered the other New Guardians
>>
>>81914366
>It's really been downhill lately.
Now they're putting Jessica and Baz in one book, and Hal, John, Guy, Kyle in the second book, which are being written by Sam Humphries and Robert Venditti respectively

Being a GL fan is suffering
>>
>>81914366
>God damn it, why do we need so many human Greens?

Yeah that's always frustrated me too. Especially when we don't need any others aside from Alan Scott
>>
>>81914373
I remember Kroef and Floro and that's about it. And that's only because Kroef is so fucked up.
>Fat, white, balding, old man.
>At last, I'm a superhero!
>What? I'm teamed up with aliens and non-whites!? How degenerate!
>I quit and make my own army of super beings!
>>
>>81914440
I can't believe Johns let the Lantern books fall so quickly. You'd think he'd have more say over at DC with how popular he's become.

>>81914450
Don't remind me. People are already getting their hopes up about original Alan Scott coming back into the fold with Rebirth and the whole "everything's canon!" business.
>>
>>81914450
>>81914366
Honestly, Green Lantern would be way better if it was generational like The Flash. So Alan Scott could be old and retired, Hal and Carol could be on Oa leading the Corps, Kyle could stay on Earth or have died or evolved to Ion or whatever and the other Greens from Earth, or maybe even aliens from the rest of the sector, could mainline the comic book.
>>
>>81913882
>THe rag isn't a construct
2/10
>>
>>81914366
They also killed off Rankorr, the other human red lantern. And Carol is mia
>>
>>81914570
>I can't believe Johns let the Lantern books fall so quickly. You'd think he'd have more say over at DC with how popular he's become.
It's not Johns fault, unless you consider out his fault for leaving

it's editorial mismanagement plus incredibly dull writing and a lot of poor decisions
>>
>>81914614
>Carol is mia

Good. Star Sapphires have never done anything worthwhile. They're the worst Corps
>>
>>81914731
Better than Blue Lanterns. Literally useless without a GL around
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 600x911
>>81914614
>And Carol is mia
Probably a good thing, if she isn't showing up anywhere she can't be written horribly

She is on that cover to HJGLC though so I suppose that lucky streak is over
>>
>>81914901
There's only one blue lantern left and he can power up yellows now too
>>
>>81914901
Except Blue actually has a use: too boost others. Star Sapphires exist to be love interests and get in the way. None of the writers, even fucking Johns, know what the fuck to do with them and how to write them well when their emotion is love.
>>
>>81914927
She'll probably just follow Hal around and bitch about how he isn't as good as Kyle. She exists only to drag down everyone around her.
>>
>>81913882
It's not a bad thing but... well if you're fighting an enemy that requires you to use a GL Ring, what the fuck is a handgun gonna do when it runs out?
>>
>>81914927
>no Guy
What, why?
>>
>tfw no Isamot/Vath book
>tfw no Arisia/Sodam book
>tfw no Arkillo/St Walker book
>>
>>81915246
Guy and Kyle are in the book too
>>
>>81915119
She is pretty awful most of the time and Venditti has only used her previously to shit on Hal so yeah I'm not expecting anything good to happen
>>
>>81915499
But not important enough to e on the cover? :/
>>
>>81915067
Walker did pretty much nothing except help Kyle and suffer for in the 4 years preceding his transformation into a fucked up power battery freak.
>>
>>81911128
how fucking many GLs does section 2114 need at the same time
>>
>>81911128
It doesn't matter. Dc only cares about diversity no matter how stupid it is.
I bet they didn't want to bring back Jade because she was Caucasian.
>>
>>81915749
There's already nine freaking characters on the cover, you can only fit so many on there before it gets crowded

Clearly Tomar Tu and Kilowog are more important than Guy and Kyle
>>
>Power Ring from Earth 3 is reverse Alan Scott with no connections to Oa
>gets to join GLC

someone explain to me
>>
>>81915938
John and Tomar should be replaced by Guy and Kyle
>>
>>81915973
Alan had no connections to the GLC either but they made him an honorary member and retconned in a connection to the Starheart (and then later retconned it out because they couldn't be bothered)
>>
>>81911128
My issue is, how many superpowered people from both universes are named Jessica. Just how common is that name?
>>
>>81918524
are you saying super heroes can't have common names?
>>
>>81911128
I like her creepy eye
>>
>>81912874
>Not being smart enough to consider redundancies.

Having a gun is exactly what I would do as well, ring or not, what happens if it fucks up? Back up plans are nice. Superman got trains in martial arts by Batman in case he lost his powers for the millionth time, Doctor Doom has a pistol at his waist for that reason too. He's just Doctor Doom so his plans usually work to the point that he never needs it.
>>
File: P00011.jpg (176 KB, 1000x1503) Image search: [Google]
P00011.jpg
176 KB, 1000x1503
>>81912955
Normally, when a GL uses a gun it's a sign that they don't know what the hell they're doing.
>>
>>81919148
I'd be more fun if the eye was legit glass and always looked like that with the GL symbol on it. As it stands it just makes her look like a person with a lazy eye all the time.
>>
>>81919270
me and my friend was disusing that it'd be cool if she used her ring to alter her eye an gave her a HUD like ability
>>
>>81919258
What if the gun shot yellow bullets?

Anyway, I think Jihad Lantern is too far down the rabbit hole that Kingdom Come tried to warn comics about.
>>
>>81915862
Just retcon Jade to be an Australian Aborigine who was adopted by Alan Scott and his wife, and she finds out once she loses her green color that she has lived a lie. Then we can get some real oppression diversity broadcasting in there.
>>
>>81914988
Really? When?
>>
>>81920492
He and yellow armadillo having a bromance after he's been brainwashed to serve the sinestro corps. Last time I checked they are the guardiens of earth
>>
File: Screenshot_20160417-153751.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160417-153751.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>81911128
It would have been a much more interesting story if the ring had been destroyed here.
What we got was good but what we could of had is even better a mighty threat brought down by a lowly shotgun.
>>
>>81914450
It's redicules no other area gets a bunch of green lanterns no other area needs extra lanterns less then earth.
>>
>>81915861
How many planets does that cover anyway
>>
>Starts to suppress the ring
>decides to start using it
>>
>>81912309
>The requirements for becoming a Lantern of any spectrum are incredibly vague and boil down to "you have emotions, here's an all-powerful ring".
This. I mean come on, an Earth cat got a red ring. And the other Earth Red Lantern is hardly the most furious being on Earth.
>>
>>81912874
I actually like the character, but they pretty much forgot about him soon after introducing him. Even in stories he appeared in he had little to do and no character growth whatsoever.
I don't mind DC trying to develop him, although I do have doubts about the writer. But he's going to be in JL as well, right?
>>
>>81911286
>A coward who can get their shit together and face whatever the universe throws at them is just showing what being a GL is about.

If they get their shit together and fight anyway, then they aren't a coward, they're brave (or brash).
>>
>>81923933
>But he's going to be in JL as well, right?
Yeah, Simon and Jessica are replacing Hal
>>
>>81922984
Bad neighborhoods need more cops
>>
>>81919769
>I think Jihad Lantern is too far down the rabbit hole that Kingdom Come tried to warn comics about.
What did Kingdom Come try to warn comics about?
>>
So I take it her having the ability to overcome the fear that Volthoom inspired in her is the event that made her worthy of becoming a Green Lantern. Or is she going to keep using the Ring of Volthoom despite it killing her from the inside
>>
>>81914927
>>81915119
I would love the exact opposite to happeband Carol is just desperately trying to get back together with Hal.
>Hal kyle left me for Space ISIS can I be your love interest again?
>Look Hal my ring is telling me we're soul mates and that we should get married.
>Pls love me again hal ;_;
>>
>>81914614
>Carol was MIA
I love how King didn't use Carol at all in omega men but on the other hand I'm disappointed that Tom King never got a chance to write their messy breakup scene.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.