[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America vs Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: IMG_20160416_211320.jpg (913 KB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160416_211320.jpg
913 KB, 1564x1564
Current cinematic versions. Who would win in a hand to hand fight?
>>
Cap.
>>
>>81909786

Probably Cap. MCU Cap is ridiculously powerful, and while Battfleck's armor could help him tank hits, it's too slow to effectively counter Cap close up, and he doesn't have an equivalent of kryptonite to level the playing field.
>>
Cap. Easy.
>>
>>81909786
Cap. This Batman might be more willing to kill, but he's severely dumber and thus can't win via preptime or outsmarting his opponent.
>>
>>81909786
Captain America, hands down. Hell, Bucky would give Batffleck a run for his money.
>>
well according to the new movie trailer it looks like captain america can keep a helicopter grounded with his bare hands
>>
Cap would woop his faggot ass
>>
Probably Cap, though Bats's toys will probably make the fight fairly long or some such.
>>
>>81910017
Sounds like normal Cap.
>>
>>81909786
I don't think we've seen Bats' full potential yet, hard to judge, and Cap's strength has varied greatly, so I'm not sure where to judge him.

If Bats is given preptime, he'll win though. Broody little bitch always thinks up something.
>>
>>81909786
Batman has a jet.
>>
>>81909786
Cap hands down
he's basically goku while bat is superman -.-
>>
>>81910072
I remember what Cap did to that one jet
>>
>>81910072
Cap takes down or surfs jets.
>>
>>81910105
Yes, but Batman's jet can be remote-controlled by his butler in an underground cave. So now Cap has to deal with a large man in a bat costume and a butler jet at the same time. Also depending on how prepared he is, remote controlled turrets hidden around the battlefield.

General assumption is that Batman will probably always have more and better equipment than Cap at any given time.
>>
MCU Cap would obliterate DCEU Bats

Comics is generally accepted as a 50/50.
>>
>>81910054

Batman's biggest problem in BvS is that he's so obsessively focused on taking down Superman that ignores a lot of other obvious shit about Luthor and his plans.

Now that he's thinking more clearly I hope we get to see more of him being a detective in his solo movie.
>>
>>81910072
>jet
>hand to hand fight
What's he going to do throw it at him?
>>
>>81910183
DC fags pls leave.
>>
Cap, but the important thing is that Cap beats fucking Superman as a moral lighthouse.

That scene in Winter Soldier where Maria Hill goes over the intercom and says "Cap tells you to stand down" or whatever.
And people listen?
That's what Superman should be.
MCU Cap is a better Superman than DCEU Superman.
He's a moral compass. He's a righteous crusader.

DCEU Superman is confused and relative.
Fuggin MCU Cap is more certain than god damned fucking Superman.
What the fuck world are we living?

If the Iron Giant were made today, Hogarth would tell the Giant about "Captain America".
How wrong is that?
>>
Are you guys out of your mind?
Batman would take this in all forms of media. He was trained by Ra's al Ghul, has much more experience in hand-to-hand combat, and has more in his arsenal than just a shield.
I hate Snyder films, but you guys are being ridiculous. Cap couldn't even beat Bucky.
>>
>>81910166
>General assumption is that Batman will probably always have more and better equipment than Cap at any given time.
So did the Nazi's, and we've seen were that got them.

Comics version: Batman has a strong chance.
Films? Cap hands down.
>>
>>81909786
Cap, even if Bats has prep time it wouldn't be enough to stop him.
>>
File: 1429765332897.png (107 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1429765332897.png
107 KB, 291x287
>>81910265
Movie Cap'll handle him like a rag doll.
>>
>>81910048
Sure.
>>81910265
That's a really cheap bait capfag.
>>
>>81910265

MCU Cap fucking dismantled a jet with his bare hands and his shield. Bats would be struggling
>>
>>81910299
Batman is generally smarter and better than the average nazi, though.
>>
>>81910183
He was quite the detective in BvS, really, considering he was sharing so much of his screen time. That said, I am looking forward too his solo movie, as tired as I am of batfaggotry because of the nolan films.
>>
File: avoidingspoilers.png (180 KB, 711x557) Image search: [Google]
avoidingspoilers.png
180 KB, 711x557
>>
>>81910351
A jet doesn't really fight back. Batman has taken down opponents stronger than Cap, albeit not as smart.
>>
>>81910353
Not the current movie Batman.
>>
>>81910054
>preptime

the thread was going so well...
>>
>>81909976
"dumber"
Nope. This is Bat god not Nolan Bats. He would prep time the shit outta Cap
>>
>>81910391
>A jet doesn't really fight back.
But... but... that exactly what (military) jets are designed to do.
>>
>>81910402
Name one Nazi in The First Avenger who wasn't dumber than a sack of shit.
>>
>>81910439
Except it just kind of hovered there while Cap threw his shield in its rotors.
>>
>>81910232
>make a thread abut Batman
>DC fagz leve, lolz
>also company wars
Please drink Bleach.
>>
>>81910476
More like it didn't have enough time to respond to Cap's movements.
>>
>>81910252
this a thousand times
>>
>>81910265
MCU Cap is like Ultimates Cap. He's definitely superhuman, if only slightly when compared to flying bricks like Superman, Thor, and Vision.

One on one Cap would decimate Batman, and even with prep-time it would be difficult because Cap is a good strategist himself.
>>
File: 1336001906071.png (46 KB, 646x195) Image search: [Google]
1336001906071.png
46 KB, 646x195
>>81910493

It involves the DCEU Batman. Shitposting was inevitable.
>>
>>81910252
It's sad that you're right.
>>
>>81910513
>More like it didn't have enough time to respond to Cap's movements.
Also it shot at him quite a bit.

Also, let's be honest, the drives through anything half indestructible batmobile should be WAY more of an asset in this match up.
>>
>>81909786
Fist fight? Cap because he can stop helicopters.
With prep time? He's Batman for real this time.
>>
>>81910513
Well, that's my point. A hovering jet with a single-point targeting system is a lot less mobile than the Batman.
>>
>>81910529
I think we're underselling Bruce's tactical intelligence here. He was basically able to predict the flow of the fight before Superman even got there. Why else would he embed the Kryptonite spear where he did? Everything he did, the gas, the turrets, the sonics, even getting his ass kicked at several points, was all to get Superman down to where the Kryptonite spear was. And he even managed to do it without using all three Kryptonite canisters.

Mind you, he's still a blithering moron all the important ways, but he played out that one fight almost like a game of chess.
>>
>>81910692

Because Batman spends the entire movie prepping to fight Superman and NOTHING else.

So he has a brilliant plan for that and misses really blatantly obvious points for everything else.
>>
>>81910692
A smart person would have had the spear near where they expected to land the first canister.
>>
>>81910753
That would have been too obvious, I'm guessing.
>>
>>81910692
>I think we're underselling Bruce's tactical intelligence here. He was basically able to predict the flow of the fight before Superman even got there. Why else would he embed the Kryptonite spear where he did? Everything he did, the gas, the turrets, the sonics, even getting his ass kicked at several points, was all to get Superman down to where the Kryptonite spear was. And he even managed to do it without using all three Kryptonite canisters.
His plan only worked because Superman wasn't really trying to kill him AND wasn't really afraid of losing or being harmed, so he walked right into all the traps.
Cap would have seen those things coming and worked to put the fight in his favor.
>>
>>81910724
If he plans for Cap he'll trash him. Remember that Batman also locked up all of the Suicide Squad in this iteration, so it's not like he's just experienced in fighting Kryptonians.
>>
>>81910869
Suicide Squad ain't nothing to Cap, though. Hell Bucky can take them all on.
>>
i still think bats wins. guy takes gunshots point blank to the head and keeps on trucking.
>>
>>81910432
Mate I hope you're trolling. He's too thick to see through Luthors obvious ploy and his response to Supes wanting to talk is to start attacking him regardless.

A detective this Batman is not.
>>
I think Bats is a better fighter than Cap but Cap has super strength on his side.
>>
>>81911029
>I think Bats is a better fighter than Cap
But that's just wrong.
>>
>>81910939
Of course not, I'm just saying that Batman's been dealing with supernatural elements for over 20 years now. Cap would be an interesting case, but I'd be very surprised if he couldn't handle him.
>>
>>81910460
Zola. He managed to infiltrate sheild and put his brain on a 1960's computer.

He played the long con against cap.
>>
>>81910460
That's because the smart ones stayed away from Captain America's path.

USA USA USA
>>
>>81911005
>He's too thick to see through Luthors obvious ploy
No, he just didn't care because he's consumed with rage and wanted Superman wiped off the face of the map. That's also why he didn't care about what Superman had to say- he was focused on destroying him from the start just because of the potential threat he caused.
>>
File: 1460772014904.jpg (6 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
1460772014904.jpg
6 KB, 188x252
>>81910493
>>81910550
>thread about batman
>DCEU
>defending the honor of a thinly veiled company wars thread
>>
File: Batman vs. Cap.png (1024 KB, 582x907) Image search: [Google]
Batman vs. Cap.png
1024 KB, 582x907
If we base their ability to this encounter, I'd give it to Cap because of the much higher stamina and strength of his movie version.
>>
>>81911050

It's not wrong or at least it shouldn't be. Batman trained in multiple styles of martial arts. Cap doesn't have nearly as many
>>
>>81911029
Every version of Cap is ranked among the best hand-to-hand fighters in his universe. He's a super-soldier for Christ's sake. Batman is more of a super-detective.
>>
File: 1327475091141.gif (1 MB, 224x178) Image search: [Google]
1327475091141.gif
1 MB, 224x178
>>81911121

Dude we've had a million threads trying to explain this shit and people are still bitching about it.

Just let it go and stick to the topic and hopefully starve the people who are only on this board to complain about BvS of attention that keeps it going.
>>
>>81911053
Considering that Batfleck couldn't even figure out Lex was playing him, I'm sorry but this Batman is probably more stupid than Nolan's.
>>
>>81911050
>>81911029

I think of it like Bruce Lee against Tyson. Lee may be the better fighter in his own weight class but a good hit from Tyson would knock him the fuck out
>>
>>81911172

A super-detective who's also been trained by some of the greatest hand-to-hand fighters in the DCU.
>>
>>81911053

There's no hint what so ever than what Battfleck fought were ever more than thugs.
>>
>>81910940
That was stupid for me
>feels punches from the mooks
>somehow the force of the bullet fired at point blank range is nothing
The fight was cool but I got triggered when that shit happened
>>
>>81911219
None of which have ever seen Vibranium, to be fair.
>>
>>81911222

The fact that Batman was responsible for putting away the Suicide Squad like was mentioned earlier in the thread?
>>
>>81911222
Except for the fact that WB's said Bats locked up every villain in SS movie.
>>
>>81911149
I mean seriously, how is this a competition?

MCU cap literally moves tons.
He's a fucking juggernaut compared to Batman.
Like he'd bench the fucking Batmobile.
>>
>>81910692

His plan worked because he read the script and knew that Superman would fly him to the exact building where he left his spear, knew he'd grab and hold the krptonite grenade instead of sidestepping it or throwing it aside, and relied on Superman, the guy Batman is convinced is an alien monster that can't be trusted, won't simply thrust his hand through his face at the first opportunity.

That's not tactical thinking that's just a lot of fucking luck.
>>
>>81911219

We know NOTHING about who Batfleck trained under, or what The DCCU has to offer in terms of martial artists.
>>
>>81911287

Yeah in the comics version you could make arguments for either side.

For the movie versions? Battfleck would be fucked.
>>
>>81910183
>He'll be the character in the sequel
I've put up with that excuse twice now. Not going to fall for it again.
>>
>>81911181
I hated BvS. What I posted should be obvious even to people who didn't like the movie.
>>
How well would DCEU Batman fair during TWS' elevator scene?
>>
>>81911347

Anon I was responding to brought in the other Cap versions into consideration. OP's question just mentioned the movie versions but the discussion is expanding to look at other versions matched up.
>>
>>81909786
Did Batman in BvS have trouble against common grunts? There were several instances in which got shoot and would had been either severely injured or died if it wasn't for the armor that he was wearing. While Captain America fought an entire gang of Nazis and came out unharmed. Fought an army of robots and survived.
>>
>>81911347

We do know that Cap only has basic army training though. Super steroids must just make you a CQC master for some reason
>>
>>81909786
That's such an unfair fight.
Batman is no where near the level of Cap. A better comparison would be who would win in a match between Bats and Iron Man.
>>
>>81911385
I doubt he'd be able to overpower the magnetic locks but if you exclude those the elevator scene would go pretty much the same way.
>>
OK hear me out, how about 4 bat flecks vs buck and cap.
>>
>>81911403

Batman had trouble with the grunts after he just got done fighting Superman 10 minutes ago. I think you're all forgetting that Cap got gut shot by a Chitauri
>>
>>81911385
His cape would certainly be a great asset during it.
>>
>>81911158

Knowing more doesn't matter when you consider redundancies. A lot of martial arts are just glorified calisthenics or are superseded by newer and more effective arts.
>>
>>81911385

Probably would just drop some capsules and knock them all out
>>
>>81911414

His moves have expanded since he got unfrozen (though that has more to do with the shift from old school camp to modern action movie).

And really, not hatingbom Batfleck, but he shows nothing special in BvS.
>>
File: Sad batman.jpg (73 KB, 907x685) Image search: [Google]
Sad batman.jpg
73 KB, 907x685
>>81911121
>I don't care that I'm being obviously played

Worlds greatest detective

>I'm unable to rationally think about anything even for a second because gosh darn it, superman just burns my biscuits.

Worlds greatest detective.

If you can't see how being so blinded by rage over the course of, let's face it a fucking year or so at a base esitimate, seeing as the film tells us that Zod was a year ago, that you can't see the strings pulling you, you're a shit Batman.

Afflecks performace was great, I loved the way he looked, I loved the way he played it, but his blind vendetta against superman makes him a fucking moron.

At no point in that year did he calm the fuck down and think if he was being played.
>>
In Captain America 2, it said that Captain America could bench press 2000 pounds. He also ran that full marathon without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>81911548
>but he shows nothing special in BvS.

I dunno taking down a dozen heavily-armed goons with nothing but his bare hands and batarangs was pretty cool. He obviously struggled at a couple points there and would've been fucking dead if his cowl wasn't so heavily armored.
>>
>>81911647

It was cool, but there was nothing special about his martial arts there.

In fact, the heavy armor just made him tank through a lot of thugs.

We know heavy armor means shit against Cap, though.
>>
Cap always beats Bat. You just don't beat peak human without super powers, and even then it isn't a given.
>>
>>81910869
Most of those within the Suicide Squad are trash though. You can even go as far to claim that they are just glorified cannon fodders. Quinn? Not even peak-human, only got a bat. Deadshot? Not even peak-human, just a good shot. Boomerang? A less lethal Deadshot. El Diablo? Basically just a guy with a flamethrower. Killer Croc? A dumbass.
>>
>>81910252
Well, to be fair cap had 75 years to chill while his legend grew. I'm pretty sure that if after the events of batman v Superman someone said "superman is telling you to stand down" people would most definetly listen. Also what the fuck does this have to do with the thread? Go start a flame war somewhere else.
>>
>>81911729

He wasn't wearing his anti-Supes armor against the mooks, he was just in his regular suit.

Even if he was wearing that armor against Cap though, it's not mobile enough to be an effective counter, and we've already seen Cap dismantle heavy armor and machinery with his shield, he could take apart Bat's armor before he could land good hits and then without a way to tank hits he'd be fucked.
>>
Better question:

Who wins out of DCEU Superman and MCU Thor?
>>
>>81911647

He disabled most of their rifles and singled out the greater armed threats upon making a surprise entrance, he'd have been Swiss cheese if he didn't do that first.
>>
>>81911779

Deadshot could take cap out. He would shoot at the area caps shield isn't covering
>>
>>81911801
Thor is magic, so Thor.

Thor vs Wondy might be the better match.
>>
>>81911801
Superman, no question.
>>
>>81911801
Superman, pretty sure MCU Thor is extremely weak for a Thor.
>>
>>81911801

Superman
>>
>>81911801
DCEU Superman is intensely powerful. If there's on thing they did right it's giving Superman proper feats of strength.
>accidentally destroys a mountain without flinching
>standing and then rising up against a beam so powerful it kept the Indian Ocean separated
>achieving some next level of Flash tier speed when the Zod fight went to space
Supes could probably blitz MCU Thor.
>>
>>81911865

>MCU
>Magic

lol. Thors fucked. Wonder Woman would embarrass him
>>
>>81911800

I'm not talking about the Superbuster, I'm saying that his default suit is heavily armored against thugs.

And armor in general means little to MCU Cap.
>>
>>81911801

DCEU Superman is a little nerfed compared to his comics version, but so is MCU Thor. You could make arguments either way, but I think DCEU Supes would lose the fight because his head wouldn't be in the match.
>>
File: 1449882312797.jpg (181 KB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
1449882312797.jpg
181 KB, 2158x1136
How strong do you think MCU Spider-Man will be, /co/?
>>
>>81911948

I suspect they're going for more agility/speed than physical strength, but at this point who knows.
>>
>>81911848
Deadshot can't even hit the significantly slower DCU Batman. No way he is hitting MCU Captain America who is significantly faster and more agile than DCU Batman.
>>
>>81911948
Still disappointed they didn't go with Miles.
>>
>>81911801

Superman, but the fight is less onesided than most would think.

The tone of the Thor movies understate how powerful he is, and his Avengers fights are against earth level threats.
>>
>>81911866
>>81911874
>>81911892
>>81911913
>>81911920
Magic. One thunderbolt with supereffective 90 power + STAB would fry Superman like he was a normal guy.

Thor destroyed an entire fucking city with it. So did superman, sure, but Thor was on purpose.

Not that Superman is weaker, just is working against type-advantage.
Wondy has resitance, so she'd be a better match.
>>
>>81911801

If we're doing movie match-ups, how about

>Doctor Strange gets sent into Midway to deal with Enchantress' shit instead of the Suicide Squad
>what happens
>>
>>81909786
Batman with prep time, Captain America if the script desperately needs him to to further the plot of the movie.
>>
>>81911801
The heavyweights of MCU are poor imitations of their 616 counterparts. While destroying a large mechanical whale might seems impressive in MCU, it is a minor feat not worth noting for 616 Hulk and Thor.
>>
Batfleck rekts him
>>
>>81912005

We can't say MCU Thor has magic on his side, because the MCU magiteck is undefined.
>>
>>81911936
MCU Thor isn't a little nerf compare to 616 Thor. MCU Thor is significantly nerf compare to 616 Thor. MCU Thor would be like a puppy to 616 Thor's wolf..
>>
>>81912005
MCU Thor's speed is supersonic with Mjolnir. DCEU Superman's is significantly above hypersonic in his base, without any sun dips or anything.
Thor would get blitz'd.
>>
I don't get why people are saying Batfleck would win with prep-time, his prep-time only worked with Supes because he didn't want to fight and had most of his guard down.
>>
>>81912005
Supes and Thor have similar BST spreads, but Supes is faster and has a much better movepool. He wrecks Thor 1v1.
>>
>>81911948
well, he does have radioactive blood.
>>
>>81911987
>Still disappointed they didn't go with Miles.
>>
>>81912170
"Prep time" is how people who don't have anything to say communicate that they don't have anything to say. If someone says it, feel free to disregard them completely.
>>
File: spider-man.jpg (161 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
spider-man.jpg
161 KB, 600x918
>>81911948
I hope one day, a few movies down, they pull this shit
>>
>>81912187
It's radioactive SPIDER blood.
Spider blood.
Spider blood.
Radioactive spider blood.
>>
>>81912111
Oh, fuck off. He's magic enough. Especially his hammer.

>>81912147
>>81912182
Yeah, lightning is faster than hypersonic, plus Thor has AoE. He just needs to tank one hit and pull a Shazam on Supes's ass.

I agree Supes would beat harsher foes than MCU Thor would, but he's a hard counter for Supes.
>>
>>81912312
I thought the thing with Superman wasn't that he was weak to magic, just that he had no special defense against it. So a magic lightning bolt would be the same as getting hit with a regular lightning bolt, but magic mind control or illusions could seriously fuck him up.
>>
>>81911987
Miles is going to be saved for SM3.
>>
>>81912228
Miles looks pretty good when he gets out of the awkward early phase. I was bothered by the fact that he looked too much like a baby at first.
>>
>>81912400
Yeah, he's not weak, but he has the spetial defence of a human. He'd get fried just as much as you or me by a city-pulverizing bolt, I reckon.
>>
File: image.jpg (683 KB, 1918x2772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
683 KB, 1918x2772
>>81910265
Batman was never actually trained by Ra's al-Ghul at any point.
He met him much later in his career.
>>81910529
No, he LOOKS like Ultimates Cap, but the regular Cap is only "normal" in the sense that "a human being could conceivably under absolute optimal conditions do this thing".
In addition, "Peak Human" in comics seems to be slightly above real-life peak human performance, which explains why guys like Daredevil can beat guy like Tombstone.
>>
>>81912228
Kind of like Miles more than Ultimate Spidey and that says a lot.
also
>>81912456
>>
>>81911948
Saw the movie, he's pretty strong. Someone drops one of those airplane walkway things on him and he holds it up somewhat.
>>
>>81912521
>maintenance weight of 1100lbs.
How the fuck is that even remotely human?
>>
>>81912283
>standing on his toes
That can't be good.
>>
>>81912677
The real-life deadlift record is over 6200lbs actually. The human body is capable of some pretty fucking insane feats of physical strength.
That said, in real life physical build and the KIND of lifting you're doing matter as much as the theoretical amount you can lift as different kinds of lifts use different muscles and such.

But that's something we should overlook, what with punching people in brightly colored tights being an actual legitimate for of affecting positive social change in the comics, which is so far from reality that it can't even see what reality looks like anymore.
>>
>>81912831
And for the record? Heaviest Bench Press on Earth is 1102lbs.
And Cap IS supposed to be
>>
>>81912521
Peak human means achieving ALL feats done by people who devote their entire lives to one specific field (marathon running, power lifting, agility) without any drawbacks.
And because you get all the benefits without drawbacks they compound with each other
>Amazing stamina when power lifting
>Strong muscles without additional weight slowing you down or tiring you faster
With that you can do above human feats.
At least that's how I see it
>>
>>81912998
Also, peak would've meant a different thing in the 30's, when the records were all lower. That means that current records are not necessarily representative of the "peak", meaning he can be faster than the fastest regular guy alive today.
>>
>>81910183
He want focused on fighting Superman when he was up against KGBeast, and he got fucking shit in the head and would've died if it wasn't for the cowl.
He also goes down while failing to fight off regular soldiers in the Knightmare sequence.
>>
>>81910265
>all forms of media
Too bad we're talking about the current Cinematic versions
>>
>>81912998
Yeah, pretty much.
Nothing Cap does exceeds human limits, but nobody can do EVERYTHING Cap does at the same time.
Batman is probably as close as you can get to being as strong and as fast and as agile as Cap without going through some kind of steroid regimen like Cap did.
So they're RELATIVELY in par, but Cap has a distinct physical advantage.

Interestingly, Kingpin in the comics was portrayed as being a challenging foe yo Cap because he was nearly (or equally) as strong and his blows actually did more damage and he could lift/break larger objects, not because he was stronger but because he was six inches taller and 200lbs heavier so he seemed to hit that much harder, especially combined with his alarming physical speed for his size.
>>
>>81911987
Fuck off, Bendis!
>>
>>81913196
His point is especially lousy as Bucky is Cap's physical equal (they mention Zola experimenting on him) and has his cybernetic arm, while as far as we currently know DCCU Batman has no connections to the League of Assassins at all.
>>
>>81911848
Batman has no shield, and yet, Deadshot hasn't killed him.
>>
>guy trained in literally all the martial arts and not afraid to fight dirty
>really strong dude

WHO WINS

The price of freedom is high, but it's a price I'm willing to *batarang to the eye socket*
>>
>>81910265
>Batman would take this in all forms of media.
Silly Batfags at it again.
>>
>>81913391
Apparently the price is also proper punctuation and grammar. Which really makes you look more like an idiot or a troll, neither of which are going to be taken seriously.
>>
>>81913391
>Half of the martial arts in the world are only for show and really shit in a real combat environment
>>
>>81913391
>really strong dude

No one should really take you seriously from this point on.
>>
>>81912454
They better fucking not.
There's still so much we havent seen with Peter. Especially with the sheer amount of source material. Miles has like 5 years of books compared to Peter's 40+
>>
>>81911414
In the comics they say it makes Cap mentally peak as well.

Look it up.
>>
>>81913560
You know, my coach tells me that the more you actually LEARN about hitting people the more you learn that ultimately most "styles" of fighting end up looking exactly the same because of the basic limitations of the human form; every person has the exact same structural weaknesses, and there's only so many ways to throw a punch or kick that work.
That's why a lot of those MMA guys that practice two or three styles kind of look like they all practiced at the same place; they're just doing what amounts to actually effective fighting and cutting out all the bullshit between.
>>
>>81912521

>>81912831
No, it's actually under 1200 pounds.
The 1100 pound bench is once, with a 3 inch range of motion, with a bench press shirt, by an athlete who trained specifically for this. In Cap's case, he just got under the bar without warming up and started pressing 1100 pounds.

Keep in mind: human in terms of the real world and human in terms of the Marvel Comics universe are completely different.

In the Marvel Universe, the most a person can lift while still being considered as having a human level strength is 800 pounds lifted above the head in a press movement. This is not humanly possible (for real life humans).
This is also as a result of Captain America being totally maxed in every attribute in the comics - ordinary comic humans like the Kingpin and Eddie Brock can't even reach this level. According to the OHOTMU, Eddie Brock can lift 700 pounds above his head (once again, impossible even with a clean jerk for real life humans) and the Kingpin can lift 650 pounds above his head.

tl;dr - Cap is stronger than any MU human and MU humans can do way more than IRL humans in every way
>>
>>81913636
One of the issues I have with adapting Spidey to films is that a lot of his storylines totally loose their impact if you cut them down into a movie's runtime.
It's a pretty expected flaw though so it doesn't really bother me unless I dwell on it and think about it too much.
>>
>>81910265
>>
File: 2052975-cap_vs_bat.png (1 MB, 582x907) Image search: [Google]
2052975-cap_vs_bat.png
1 MB, 582x907
>>81913794
>>
>>81913484
>Grammar Nazi defending Captain America
>>81913560
Don't even need half the marital arts in the world when you're actually experienced and know how to end a fight. Cap has coasted by on his good looks against jobbers. Wow Batroc the Leaper lol, dude lost to Bucky too lmao
>>81913581
Cap has always been peak human as in plus 1 every Olympic record and you have Cap. Bats would wreck his red white and blue shit
>>
>>81910017
I'm more impressed by the clip where he kicks the front end of a truck or hummer and it slides so hard that the guy on the other side of it who is hit gets sent flying 30 feet through the air
>>
>>81910252
the problem is that Cap's portrayed as a normal person and Supes is portrayed as a god. When Cap does something admirable it's because he's a decent human being who happens to have super powers. When DCEU Supes does something we have to have some stupid Jesus symbolism thrown in there to make the audience remember that Superman is very very powerful. DCEU Supes isn't even a person anymore, he's some creepy paternalistic alien that is wholly defined by his powers.
>>
>>81912873
>>81912831
Are you fucking retarded? The deadlift record is barely over 500 kg, or about 1100 lbs

Jesus christ nigga. People can't lift 3 fucking tons you mong. Do you also believe humans can fly and shoot laser beams?
The bench record is about 300 kg, 700 lbs
>>
>>81913710

That's what I learned when I was doing Tae Kwon Do too. Our instructor also teaches MMA fighting, and he always makes a point with some forms or moves he teaches about whether or not you should be using that shit in a "real" fight.

Ultimately my self-defense strategy in a fight just comes down to

>Step one: Pick one of the following:
>eye gouge
>palm strike to nose
>knife-hand to hyoid bone
>kick groin
>kick knee
>Step two: run like hell
>>
>>81913837
Love your references and evidence. So extensive and convincing, really.
I don't think I've ever heard "NUH-UH!" ever said with such conviction or with such heavy contextual relevance and evidence supporting it.

Really, good job.
>>
>>81909786
Whoever your mind thinks would win, Anon.
>>
Batman if he had preptime like he did in BvS

Otherwise Cap would wreck him
>>
>>81913837
>Be This Fucking Stupid
>>
>>81912007
Strange solves the problem in 10mins then goes home
>>
>>81913868
He's talking about Paul Anderson, which means he's not precisely WRONG, but he doesn't understand the context or physical mechanics involved probably.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Anderson_(weightlifter)
>>
>>81913877
My instructor had a different routine:
>aim
>shoot
>>
>>81913948
> if he had preptime
Fucking hell. Not directed at you per say but Batman is the only character that people do this for.
>>
File: 1460077427601.jpg (145 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
1460077427601.jpg
145 KB, 900x696
>>81914002
>>
>>81914002

I live in a state with hilariously stupid gun control laws, good luck trying to get a carry permit within a year.
>>
>>81913993
>weight lifted slightly off trestles
>no witnesses
What is this even?
>>
>>81914069
Check these freedubs
>>
>>81914108
Yeah, I know.
Context is pretty important when looking up weight lifting shit, especially since "can lift it" isn't the same thing as "is functional while carrying it and can lift it easily and at will".
Then again, comic book writers don't understand that shit either so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>81913857
Directorial choice in order to build contrast between perception and reality but because said director is god awful he forgot to do the whole "he's just a regular joe underneath" and conflated realism with being a whiny pissant.
>>
>>81913847

He threw a bike.

Even as far as The First Avenger, with all its camp and understated action, showed he could lift a bike with three buxom babes on it with no effort.
>>
>>81914056
It's pretty annoying.
That said it does at least mildly apply with Cap, since ultimately Cap is still human compared to guys like Superman. If Batman's plan involved never actually fighting him at all and instead trapping him in a roof filled with gas that slowed Cap's reflexes and sapped his strength while Bat's used a rebreather, that's actually fairly believable.

I hate it when "prep time" translates by lazy-ass writers to "and then Batman starts punching him", when fighting someone who is vastly your physical superior on HIS terms is literally the opposite of what strategy is about. Then again, most writers are imbiciles and it's likely hard to write a character outwitting another when you don't even know what wit looks like at all.
>>
>>81914237
I said before the first Captain America came out that Captain America would be the hardest person to adapt to the big screen because even comic writers struggle to straddle the line of making him inspiring without being preachy or boring. But I was wrong, clearly it's harder to make a Superman movie in today's world.
>>
I don't get it, it supposed Caps is a super-soldier bla bla bla, but he couldn't beat a breakdancer-spy in the boat in WS ...
>>
>>81914435
You mean Georges St-Pierre, the greatest fighter that ever lived?
>>
>>81914435

Cap kind of handicapped himself by throwing aside his shield, but even with the slightly longer time, he still beat Batroc pretty handily.
>>
>>81914435
What are you talking about? He beat the shit out of Batroc. He even threw his shield and mask away to make it a fairer fight.
>>
>>81914435

He beat the shit out of Bartoc. He just got away because Widow was stealing shit and Bartoc used a grenade as distraction.
>>
>>81914435
>Low Energy Bait
>>
>>81909786
Bats would make Cap laugh to death.
>>
>>81914402
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Anderson_(weightlifter)
He also outran a speeding car and caught up to it. Granted the horsepower of the cars back then are pretty mediocre but it is still an impressive feat.
>>
>>81914426
It's not that it's harder, it's that one had much better writing and the other had massive editorial interference from the director and the studio (seriously, go online and read about WB's studio problems right now, they aren't even related to comics films and they're hugely problematic) while Marvel was a bit more organized and tightly controlled.
>>
>>81914507
>>81914508
>>81914517
>>81914588

this scene makes me noise cause Caps BTFO another spy with just one kick before ...
>>
>>81914435
>>81914508
Yeah, Batroc did pretty well after surprising Cap, and then Cap basically took his dare and took him down in under a minute.
So Batroc's impressive because he managed to go a whole minute without loosing, which is not the same as "fighting evenly".
>>
>>81909976
He's easily the smartest Bat we've had in live action thus far except maybe Bruce in Gotham, haven't watched it so I don't know
>>
>>81909786
Could go 50/50 without prep time. Cap is human and is more in your face fighter while Batman could subvert him with tricks like smoke and knockout gas etc, especially at night. With preptime Batman 100%.
>>
>>81913868
>he can't fly and shoot lasers
pfft, what a loser
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 900x696
>>81914069
>>
>>81913837
are you mentally damaged?
>>
File: batman-elephant1.jpg (118 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
batman-elephant1.jpg
118 KB, 650x842
>>81914800
>He's easily the smartest Bat we've had in live action thus far
Second smartest at best.
>>
>>81909786
Cap would beat him to death.
>>
File: Batman_'66_-_Adam_West_as_Batman.jpg (227 KB, 1366x1650) Image search: [Google]
Batman_'66_-_Adam_West_as_Batman.jpg
227 KB, 1366x1650
>>81915070
Well, we can't ALL be perfect
>>
>>81913929
>>81913956
>>81915034
>still literally no arguments

Americans, everyone
>>
Bats. He almost fucking killed an alien god by himself. Cap wouldn't of stood a chance.
>>
>>81914740
That's what I like about Batroc. I think in one comic or something Batroc says he gets hired because while he can't beat Cap, he's just something Cap can hit, buying whatever needed time.
>>
>>81915299
Nah, it's just really not worth my time to argue with some Europoor who's IQ doesn't go past the single digits.
>>
Cap track record
>beat up Hydra mooks
>couldnt beat Red Skull, the man kilt himself
>almost knocked off helicarrier by random Loki controlled guy with gun
>recked Batroc the jobber
>aliens would have mobbed his ass if tony and widow werent there
>cowered in fear from chaingun wielding man
>lost "on purpose" to bucky
>got toyed with by ultron

Batman track record
>kicked Supermans ass
>doesnt get knocked off helicarrier by gun wielding guy

speaks for itself
>>
If it's just an out of the blue fight, Cap wins easily. If Batman has any idea the fight is going to happen, he'd outsmart Cap pretty easily.
>>
>>81915486
>Batman track record
>>kicked Supermans ass
lol
If Supes was actually trying he would have annihilated Batman.
>>
>>81915648
B-B-But muh prep time!
>>
>>81914056

I'd love a story where Batman fights other league members only to find out they also have plans to take him out. Like the war room in Atlantis having plans for every superhero
>>
File: bleach.png (46 KB, 618x379) Image search: [Google]
bleach.png
46 KB, 618x379
>>81910493
This Bleach?
>>
>>81915486
You cant say you kicked someone's ass when the other guy is actively trying not to kill you.
>>
>>81915727
There should be a Batman story where EVERYONE Has plans to take EVERYONE else out. And all those plans go off, simultaneously.
>>
>>81915872
There should be a Batman story where he forgets all of his plans.
>>
>>81915786
Actually you can. The other persons apprehension is their weakness in battle. It doesnt mean you are stronger than them but it does mean you could defeat them because of that weakness.

wouldn't apply to cap though. cap would just beat the fucking piss out of batman.
>>
>>81909786
Cap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDqjuqRK5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENPqK-39Qg
>>
>>81911222
Lets ee now, Bats has been at it for 20 years and based on what's been shown already and rumors we know that Death in the family and possibly The Killing Joke has happened and he most likely went though Nightfall meaning he fucking fought Bane.

This ain't Nolanbats where he fought like two people from his Rouges gallery and called it quits, this Batman has been around and been through some shit.
>>
>>81911370
>I've put up with that excuse twice now.
The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 900x563
>>81910166
Oooooooooh, so we're bringing in sidekicks. In that case, Snyderbat is super fucked.
>>
>>81913877
Which is funny since Bruce Lee said this shit ages ago , Jeet Kune Do was basically from his philosophy that shit like Katas don't work in real life fights.
>>
>>81918049
Pretty sure Nightwing exists in Batfleck verse.
>>
Only delusional Batfags would think movie Bats is able to beat movie Cap.
>>
>>81910252
>>81913857
>>81914237
MEN are brave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ2sPHpou98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwblesBU8Ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHF2Qb-C9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5NMJu9TVE
>>
>>81911801
Supes oneshots him.
>>
>>81915947
There should be a story where batman has plans to take on the entire league, but villains find them out. It turns out however that they were fake plans, as batman had ready prepared for villains stealing his prep.

>>81916128
Their weakness isn't your strength however.
Saying I beat an MMA fighter because he just didn't want to kill some pasty kid doesn't mean I am strong.
So your argument renders itself moot
>>
>>81910017
Are people this fucking retarded that they don't understand how gravity works?

Anything with more force than Cap's weight would automatically pick him up, that means that helicopter is using less than ~230lbs of force, wow SO strong.
>>
>>81918477

>Crashes a plane he has full control of even though it's over a frozen wasteland

Why didn't he circle around a few times and at least try to land safely? What a dumb cunt
>>
>>81918644
>Saying I beat an MMA fighter because he just didn't want to kill some pasty kid doesn't mean I am strong.
Doesn't matter who is strong. The argument was whether batman kicked supermans ass or not. He did. The reasoning behind it doesnt matter. who is stronger doesn't matter. One guy defeated the other one in combat. That is what happened. If you decide to hop form 'batman didn't defeat superman' to 'batman isn't as strong as superman' you are moving goal posts.
>>
>>81918904
no time peggy
>>
>>81918904

He didn't hve full control of the Valkyrie.

The controls were damaged, the plane was flying itself to bomv the States.

He could override the pilot to bring it down, but not control its flight.
>>
>>81909786
Cap, MCU cap is superhuman , Batman is an old guy. If comics Cap and Bats are equal, than Mcu Cap wrecks movie Bats.
>>
>>81918751
Troll or stupid? Take your bets!
>>
>>81919006
>doesn't matter
Yes it does lad. Because one opponent I fought was weak it doesn't mean all will be.
Next you will tell me Batman can beat Darkseid because he will explore Darkseid's emotional weaknesses. There is no such fucking thing as the opponent's weakness being your strength, because it is fleeting, one opponent might have exploitable flaws but one might not.

Does Batman have a kryptonite-equivalent gainst Captain America's serum? Does he have the plot armor of Cap not wanting to kill him?

If a trait is not part of a character it's not his strength. Exploiting it? Sure. But Batman's plan didn't even really count on it outside of a meta level.
>>
>Strength
Bats = Cap
Batman is peak human strength and it's noted not only in his work-out scene but the severity of his power when fighting thugs. Cap was a child-twig who was raised to peak human strength with the SS serum and it's also noted in his melee sequences.

>Fighting Skill
Batman = Cap
This Batman seems to greatly outperform any human enemy to the point where he seems like a monster fighting children, requiring multiple enemies which still doesn't make it a fair fight, and even able to dodge bullets and deal with guns at close range. Cap does struggle against Bucky and the hired Mercenary, but he is also able to fight off multiple trained soldiers in an elevator. Batman may edge out Cap in technique/skill alone.

>Athleticism
Batman < Cap
We see Batman able to dodge bullets and avoid being disintegrated in the Doomsday fight, but we don't see his athletic prowess on his feet. Cap has been seen jumping out of buildings, running on roofs, parkour running through ships and buildings and even performing acrobatic aerial attacks.

>Intelligence
Batman > Cap
Batman is Batman. He is able to carry on a secret identity, designs plans to steal from Lex Luthor 3 times, and to defeat Superman. Cap has strategic military training.

>Resources
Batman > Cap
Billionaire with tech vs a defunct military organization with a shield.

>Ethics
Batman ? Cap
Batman is implied to have become cruel even ruthless, but he is also shown to change this instantly. Cap always seems to be looking out for the common people, but he's also shown to have suicidal tendencies ("martyrdom"). Both believe their way is the right way.
>>
>>81919362
>Yes it does lad. Because one opponent I fought was weak it doesn't mean all will be.
Not saying that. Stop moving the fuckin goal posts. This was the initial statement.

>You cant say you kicked someone's ass when the other guy is actively trying not to kill you.
That was it. That was what I disagreed with. And i replied with the following.
>Actually you can. The other persons apprehension is their weakness in battle. It doesnt mean you are stronger than them but it does mean you could defeat them because of that weakness.
>wouldn't apply to cap though. cap would just beat the fucking piss out of batman.

You would note (if you weren't constantly moving the goal posts to act like were suddenly talking about who is more capable or strong in general) that I outright stated it doesnt mean batman is stronger, and also that cap would beat the piss out of batman. My point, the only point was that you can in fact say you kicked someones ass if you did so due to them actively not trying to kill you. Because that was a weakness in that battle on their part which Batman exploited. Therefore he kicked supermans ass because he exploited that weakness. Pay fucking attention next time man.
>>
>>81920204
>Cap was a child-twig who was raised to peak human strength with the SS serum and it's also noted in his melee sequences.
Cap is above peak human strength in the mcu.
>>
>>81920204

>Batman equal in strength to Cap

Into the trash it goes. I don't even need to glance at the rest to know this is written by a batfag.
>>
>>81919247
>"le ~200lbs man cannot be lifted by 2000+lbs of force"

Found the idiot.
>>
>>81920204
>Strength
>Bats = Cap
>>
>>81918751
>Anything with more force than Cap's weight would automatically pick him up, that means that helicopter is using less than ~230lbs of force, wow SO strong.
....caps holding on to something with his other hand you fucking shmuck.
>>
>>81920357
Prove me wrong, faggot.

Oh, wait, you're a marveldrone who isn't actually gathering their opinions from what is shown in the movies, just riding that mutilated jew Didney dick, right?
>>
>>81920469
I stand corrected. I recall the helicopter scene, but not him anchoring himself.
>>
File: 16_09_Batman.jpg (141 KB, 871x1200) Image search: [Google]
16_09_Batman.jpg
141 KB, 871x1200
in an arm wrestling match Cap would probably win cause he's a super soldier roid monkey.

but in a real fight to the death with or without the bat suit and shield. i put my money on the bat every time.
>>
>>81918049
Superman is basically Batfleck's sidekick now.
>>
>>81920533
>Cap raises a motor cycle with two women over his head with ease
>Cap throws a motor cycle in AoU
>Cap drop kicks a person with full gear 30 feat away
>Cap kicks a truck so hard that when it hits a guy goes flying
You're so retarded that you even proved in your own fucking post that Cap has superior strength than Batman.
>Cap has been seen jumping out of buildings, running on roofs, parkour running through ships and buildings and even performing acrobatic aerial attacks.
If Batman is on equal strength with Cap then why can't he perform those?
Surely if they are on equal strength Batman can jump those buildings too since his weight won't matter
>>
>>81920204
>Strength and Athleticism are two different categories
Found the retard
>>
>>81920533
Holy shit, batfags just go.
>>
>>81920533
Captain America catches a FUCKING CAR that's falling with one hand, and keeps himself, and the car that he's holding, up with only one arm.
>>
>>81920834
>I don't understand how athleticism works
>a power lifter can jump farther than a long jumper and perform better on the floor exercise than a gymnast because he's stronger
>strength trumps all right guys?

Found the fucking physically impaired nerd.
>>
>>81920533

Cap has:

Lifted a bike with three buxom ladies above his head
Forced a heavy sealed door open with his bare hands
Jumped a couple of stories high without any kind of assistance
Jumped from a plane into the ocean without a parachute
Jumped from several stories high into the ground with minimum to no damage
Kicked and punched people so hard they are sent flying several meters in the direction of the hit
Severed the arm of an alien with just his shield
Tore the head of Ultron robots barehanded
Bash a van with his shield with enough force to embed it on the sidea
Bash Ultron bots with the shield with enough force to cut them in half
Fought an Asgardian and to hand, who are way stronger than humans
Fought several advanced robotic AIs, again more durable than humans
Fought Bucky, an enhanced human like him with cybernetic arm
Lifted a several tons suport beam with nothing but his hands to get a person trapped underneath out
Casually split a large chunk of log with just his hands
Stopped a helicopter from taking off with just his hands
Has kept with speeding vehicles on foot
Kicked a lare SUV with enough force to move it several feet to knock out the mook hiding behind it
Threw a motorcycle at the enemy

Cap beats the shit out of Batman in stenght feats.
>>
>>81920742
Is this without gadgets too?
Still betting on Cap because of the SS serum
>>
>>81909786

>Without the Bat-Armour

Cap, hands down.

>With the Bat-Armour

Maybe Batman.
>>
>>81909786
Cap, too strong, too tough. DCEU bats is old.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.