[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there was one thing the Amazing series did right, it was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Gwen.jpg (492 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Gwen.jpg
492 KB, 2048x1365
If there was one thing the Amazing series did right, it was the love interest.

At the risk of sounding like a Tumblr blog, Gwen actually did shit while MJ's purpose was getting captured. Plus, Peter and Gwen actually looked adorable while the Raimi Peter and MJ invoke Anakin and Padme.

The Amazing series is by no means better, but Gwen felt more compelling than MJ.

I hope the MCU love interest, either Gwen or MJ, doesn't fall to the path of being like the other MCU love interests and only exist to get saved. That just makes them annoying.
>>
I agree, this was my favorite part of those movies. It's frustrating how all these little things about them are so good and then a truckload of garbage comes barreling in to remind you that Sony has no idea what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>81907235
Well, duh, Emma Stone is a delightful young woman. She lights up even the shittiest film.
>>
>>81907235
That shit was cute, Peter and Gwen nose nudging and shit.

A female character doesn't have to pass MUH BENCH-AL TES to be good, they just have feel like they add to the plot rather than take away from it.

MJ was a plot device and only just. She was as much a character as the Orb in Guardians of the Galaxy, an object that needed to be retrieved for plot reasons.

Writers seem to think love interests need to be either damsels or STRONG WOMYN WHO NEED NO MAN when in fact, both are equally annoying.
>>
>>81907235

So actually being logical is now compared to being a tumblr blog? Anon, you realize that's the exact opposite of tumblr right? You can have a memeless opinion without the risk of being dubbed a tumblrfag. Usually.
>>
>>81907467
Because according to /co/, wanting well written female characters = Tumblr.

To be a well written character you must be

1) Interesting

And that's pretty much it.

Women who are only meant as objects for the hero to rescue are reverse Mary Sues and are just as bland and annoying.
>>
>>81907297
>It's frustrating how all these little things about them are so good and then a truckload of garbage comes barreling in to remind you that Sony has no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had so much good stuff in it, that it's disappointing how bad it turned out.

The costume looked great. Spider-Man looked awesome in actor. The slow-motion scenes where we got to see how Peter sees during a crisis. The cute moments between Peter and Gwen.

I hope they cast someone who works well with Tom Holland to be the new Gwen/MJ. All the MCU love interests, and I'm not exempting Carter who is actually interesting in the show, I'm talking about the movies, have been bland at best and annoying at worst.
>>
>>81907235
andrew Garfield in profile looks like a young male Sandra Bernhard
>>
>The Amazing series is by no means better

That's damage control, anon. Everyone knows TASM movies are better, they just don't want to admit it to their friends, because somehow they feel that would destroy the old trilogy and make it unwatchable or something.
>>
Emma Gwen was perfect. The only downside to the new definitive Spider-Man is his age. We can't sexualize Gwen or have Spider Gwen yet.
>>
>>81907235
>Gwen actually did shit

Yeah, like turn on the thing and fucking die.
>>
File: long laugh.gif (3 MB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
long laugh.gif
3 MB, 600x331
>>81908530
>We can't sexualize Gwen
>>
>>81908723
Well I mean they won't purposefully sexualize her in the film. Maybe they will.
>>
>>81907235
Garfield/Watson had way better chemistry and banter than Maguire/Dunst. The Raimi couple had NO bantz. It was just Peter pining over MJ constantly. Obsessively. The Webb couple had all the awkwardness of a teenage pairing, but there was heat there too along with a touch of taboo since Gwen's dad was a cop. Overall it was a much more dynamic relationship that went BOTH ways rather than simply going in one direction from protagonist to love interest.
>>
>>81907235
Nah it was stupid. This peter was willing to leave aunt may alone just to be able to be close with gwen.
Along with following her for months after they broke and not just get it over with, like Gwen did until he came back to her life again desperated as fuck
>>
>>81907235
I agree
>>
File: 1457653175370.jpg (39 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
1457653175370.jpg
39 KB, 610x457
Don't mind me, just posting the best Spider-Man music that isn't Elfman's.

https://youtu.be/XDVE9mSnwAQ
https://youtu.be/XVDrTLHZEVQ
https://youtu.be/iOv0T_zfaDI
>>
It's funny because it's the exact opposite of the comics, where Gwen was the bland one and MJ is really funny and interesting. Should they have swapped the actresses?
>>
>>81907235
Peter had no reason to even like MJ in the Raimi films other than having big titties. Gwen and Peter had similar aspirations and goals, only difference being that Peter is really fucking lazy.
>>
That's because the love interest in Raimi's Spider-Man was Harry. MJ was terrible.

I just want a series with Pete, MJ, Gwen and Harry being best friends and hang out.
>>
>>81913167
You never had a crush on someone when you were 10? You really don't need a reason...
>>
>>81907467
>logical
>/co/
>>
>>81907235
And then they fridged her without any idea with how to proceed forward because "muh muh comics canon!"
>>
>>81913180
Well you aren't wrong.

It looks like Spiderman: Homecoming will be just that, in one form or another. They're casting a lot of teen roles right now. So it sounds like there will be a bigger focus on Peter's friends at school than in previous films.
>>
>>81907235
It also did Spiderman better. Tobey "I'm always about to cry" Maguire never felt like Spiderman. You can go on about how he was a better Peter Parker all you want, but he was an awful Spiderman, and that's the name of the franchise.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.