[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Darkseid War so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Justice League (2011-) 046-009.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League (2011-) 046-009.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
What do you think of Darkseid War so far?
>>
File: Justice League (2011-) 046-011.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League (2011-) 046-011.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
And have the other page, because whatever it's cute.
>>
>>81905598
>>81905637
Big Barda and Mister Miracle are great.
Some of the Tie-ins are okay.
And the art is gorgeous.

Everything else is shit. Johns sets up a billion things and either does nothing with them or the pay-off is dull. Darkseid's Mary Sue Daughter sucks. Some of the ideas suck (Superman made evil/mean/jerk thanks to plot device for the billionth time.

This event should feel epic but instead it just feels convoluted and boring.
>>
iys okay
>>
I used to defend this event a lot but I guess I'm really starting to see it's flaws. A lot of people say most of Johns events feels like a kid playing with action figures mashing them together and shit, and ever since I read this.... it shows. Not that it's not fun.... it's plenty fun and enjoyable and has a lot of cool moments and ideas but they're never really followed up like every Nth Cool Idea that Johns has.
>>
I just have one question. Did people in 1985 think the Anti-Monitor looked cool?

Do people in 2016 think The Anti-monitor looks cool?
>>
>>81905637
This is my OTP unto death.
>>
>>81905598
>>81905637
Good thing they ignore the retarded shit that happened on Earth 2.
>>
>>81909767
no and no

looks like a comedy muppets villian
>>
>>81909712
>A lot of people say most of Johns events feels like a kid playing with action figures mashing them together and shit
I feel this way about SCW and feel like the only person in the world who got bored by it.
>>
I'm reading it now. I see the upcoming superman problem, and it's annoying. Once again, SUPERMAN HAS TURNED MEAN
>>
I enjoy it

Scott and Barda was great and some of the one shots were really great
>>
>>81905598

Its *still* going on?

Huh, I thought this was already done, what was the last issue about?
>>
>>81905598
I can't say because I'm waiting for the trade. I feel most comic stories benefit from binge reading. Especially nowadays with super decompressed pacing.

From what I've seen skimming the storytimes, it isn't treated as a world shattering "nothing will ever be the same" multi book spanning event (which is how Marvel would treat it). I understand how that might kill the hype for some readers, but I've also seen some reallly cool character moments that make me hype to actually read the story.
>>
>>81909767

His original appearance, I thought was cool.

The later one, yeah, that sucks.
>>
I think the god designs+stories for everyone except supes look cool. The only glaring weakness in my opinion is that there isn't a lot of focus on the remaining JL members.
>>
>>81911366
League and Crime Syndicate teaming up to stop Anti Monitor. It was worth it just for that panel of Batgod lazily saving people without getting off his chair. If you're talking about the Darkseid War Special, you get Grail's Origin and Power Ring confronting the Volthoom of her ring and being saved by Cyborg of all people.
>>
>>81905598
It should be a Bi-Monthly book...

The first part was perfect but I find the whole E-3 villans "we need to work together" really but really rushed.
Even with the tie-ins it feels rushed since they got the "God" powers.

Lets see how it ends.
At least not delays like Forever Evil and Secret Wars

So far a nice concept with poor delivering since the end of Act I
>>
everybody shut the hell up and post fem darkseid already
>>
>>81911672
>At least not delays like Forever Evil and Secret Wars
it's had a bunch of delays, just not quite as bad as those two
>>
>>81905598
it's pretty to look at but the story is terrible and all over the place
Johns cannot into planning and structure

Final Crisis was better than this garbage
>>
>>81911692
Fuck off cuck.
>>
>>81905598

It's a bit of a disappointment but still has good character bits throughout it.

Johns just isn't very good at this sort of high-concept cosmic shit as he tries to be.
>>
Geoff John's whole run has been a huge disappointment.
>>
>>81912508
>12508Geoff John's whole run has been a h
Wrong.
>>
>>81905598
A big load of wasted potential. After Trinity War, probably Geoff Johns' worst arc on Justice League.
>>
>>81911595
This has been the case in Justice League since at least Forever Evil when Johns got bored about writing about the Justice League in their own book.
>>
>>81912594
It's true. John's JL has been shit. The least shitty parts were when he wasn't writing the JL (and even those parts weren't perfect).
>>
>>81912594
>>81912962

Of course a tripfag would have bad taste, naturally.
>>
>>81905598
Remember when Captain Cold was suppose to pull off something big?
Remember when Aquaman was on the JL?
Remember when Shazam and Cyborg looked like they were going to fuse?
Remember when the Doom Patrol were suppose to be rivals to the JL and play a big part?
Remember when Supes and Wondy breaking up was suppose to be huge and catastrophic?
Remember when Pandora was suppose to be important?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.