[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Comic Creators You Hate!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>81902033
Dennis Hopeless lives up to his name.
>>
>>81902033
Ever since I heard about his eyesight I can't hate him anymore. That sucks, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
>>
File: f2ZwHwr.png (499 KB, 578x753) Image search: [Google]
f2ZwHwr.png
499 KB, 578x753
>>
>>81902033
Bendis
Slott

Their work is now shit and they're annoying people.
>>
>>81902293
>OKCupid
Hey Vash17, why didn't you tell us? How did it go?
>>
>>81902291
explain
>>
>>81902361
He's perpetually going blind I think, he has to stop drawing because of it.
>>
>>81902436
So that's why he's retiring? Man that sucks
>>
>>81902361
Nigga's going blind. He's already legally blind but still has enough eye-sight that he can keep doing his art. He's going to stop doing comics by the end of the year though because it keeps getting worse, and he won't have much time left to keep doing his art after that point.
>>
>>81902293
Huh, she's cute. It's a shame that I absolutely despise her writing.

As for comic creators I hate, there's really no one quite on the level of Humphries for me. I will NEVER forgive him for what he did to Ultimates.
>>
>>81902033
Go back to drawing the same shit over and over again Frank.
>>
File: 1455166950035.jpg (39 KB, 605x688) Image search: [Google]
1455166950035.jpg
39 KB, 605x688
>all these people hating on based bendis
how?
>>
Waid
Bendis
Almost all female writers/artists
>>
File: conflicted.png (78 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
conflicted.png
78 KB, 300x225
>>81902509
God dammit.

Hit attitude is shit, I don't like his designs, and honestly I think he looks like a putz and it pisses me off on some primal level.

But as another human being, I strongly sympathize with him for having fucked eyesight. I don't doubt that his art is his passion. He shouldn't have lose that to some bastard ailment, it's a horrible thing to have happen.
>>
>>81902682
>Almost all female writers/artists
*tips fedora
>>
>>81902682
Why waid? Loved his DD run.
>>
>>81903133
He's an tumblr SJW shill.
>>
>>81902509
Now that's some karma
>>
>>81902627

He hasn't done anything good in years.

Fucker needs to simmer his shit, go back to Powers, and make it monthly again. Fuck, with Oeming it could come out 18 times a year.
>>
>>81903155
>he holds view that arent my fuck him
you sound like a cuck
>>
>>81903155
Wat? Out of everything I've read of him, he didn't sound SJW at all. I think your using that word to much my friend.
>>
File: CANCER.jpg (346 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
CANCER.jpg
346 KB, 683x1024
>>81902033
She wrote a comic book once , does that count???
>>
>>81903133
You know how there are some creators who, regardless of the quality of their writing should probably be kept away from twitter?

Mark's one of them.
>>
>>81902211
Came here to post this.

He could end up writing the best comic ever made, and I still wouldn't be able to forgive him for the Arcade fanwank that was Arena.
>>
>>81903286
She looks greasy
>>
>>81903307
Well she is a Muppet Peter Pan.
>>
>>81903164
Don't play with him
>>
>>81903290

Very much this. He spends all of his time being an insufferable up his own butt ass who blocks people who disagree with him,
>>
>>81903285

Somehow it doesn't infect his writing, but he is a giant turboshit on social media.
>>
>>81902509
Jeez, shouldn't've masturbated as much as he did then, I guess.
>>
>>81903072
Are you triggered?

>>81903133
I hated his DD run AND he's a giant fucking cunt.

>>81903273
Stop projecting.
>>
>>81902033

Make threads for things you like, anon. Hatred doesn't belong on /co/. We can't let company wars become the new normal.
>>
>>81903518
>Somehow it doesn't infect his writing
You should read Strange Brew then. Or his Trayvon Martin arc on DD.
>>
>>81903564
You're too late, anon. Hate has already won.
Join in on the hate. It feels good to give up and let the hate take over.
>>
>>81903261
>He hasn't done anything good in years.
Spider-Miles is always on the edge of being good, only to be interrupted by events, though,
>>
I don't hate any creator; just their work

Also I don't pay attention to their personal views that they may or may not express on social media because I am not autistic enough to fallow these people on social media
>>
>>81903590

>Strange Brew

Waid's dumb ass thinking he can actually write believable Canadians and comment on their culture
>>
>>81903273
And you sound like a tumblrite sorry 4chan isn't your personal hugbox fuck off.
>>
>>81903701
Fruit* dammit
>>
>>81903590

Never even heard of Strange Brew.

The DD arc, is it the one with the hate group pulling the strings? That wasn't so bad from what I recall. It stayed in the realm of comic book fuckery well enough that it wasn't too in your face with anything.

I sort of faded away from comics for a while. So I haven't read his Matt in SanFran stuff. So he could have shat the bed there.
>>
File: Landis.jpg (228 KB, 930x522) Image search: [Google]
Landis.jpg
228 KB, 930x522
American Alien is alright, but holy shit Max Landis is one of the most obnoxious human beings on the planet.
>>
>>81903786
>Never even heard of Strange Brew.
I meant Strange Fruit and it's terrible. And the Trayvon Martin arc was beyond ham-fisted.
>>
>>81903302
Same here. I rarely subscribe to the 'fuck this no matter what good you do fuck you' but if Hopeless wrote the next masterpiece of the age...id never know. I refuse outright to ever read anything the guy writes again because of the immense disrespect he shows for the work of others and the people who read them.

Sorry you don't take things people worked on, and created. Shit people may have loved, stories and characters. Then just shove them into what amounts to a fucking hunger games cash in and kill them off. That's an insult. That's saying 'i not only don't have enough talent to think of an original idea, but i give so little a shit about the work those who made these characters before i came a long did...i'll kill their characters off in my unoriginal shit show of a comic'.

I dunno am I overreacting on this? Cos it is a real sore point for me and I am not even a fan of the people he killed. But i remember him having this throwaway moment where Juston from Sentinel gets his neck snapped. And i just remember thinking 'that was pointless. It wasn't a good moment, it didnt accomplish anything, it wasn't a good story, it wasnt earned. But it was done anyway.' and how Juston Seyfert had his own stories. His own solo series for a while. I remember during avx that bit in avengers academy where they had the story where all the students stand up to emma frost and shit because she wanted to destroy sentinel. They were emotionally backing not just the boy but his fucking robot. And it had more to it than all of Avengers Arena...and it wasn't even a really good story either.
It was like seeing some spoiled snotty kid go to a friends house and break his toys while playing with him and when asked why he just responds 'theyre not mine i dont care about his toys and i was bored'.
>>
>>81902033

I'll never forgive him for killing Mia Fey
>>
>>81903827
I find him extremely charming from a distance. Like I could listen to anything he has to say, he's so damn entertaining.
I say this as someone who has not watched any of his movies or read his stuff, just his Superman video and Wrestling isn't Wrestling.
>>
>>81903867
If I was to ever be able to write for Marvel, I would insist on creating a team solely consisting of the characters he killed off as a means to fix that mess.

Even the bird chick nobody remembers, and even his "Original Characters Do Not Steal" for that extra layer of spite.
>>
Landis.

I can't into him. His bitchy personality infuses all of his work with something as stained as a pap smear.

On the other hand, despite not really being a fan of his writing, I'm strangely cool about Reginald Hudlin and would actually hang out/get into geek arguments with him.
>>
It's ironic that /co/ hates Landis when he's basically the successful version of the boards' sensibilities that frequently puts his money where his mouth is, but in a metrosexual egotistical package.
>>
>>81902509
Maybe hell fall in love with a deaf girl. I know thst was a lame reference to make, but I had to make it.
>>
>>81903286
Anon, this isn't the comic book creator you want to fuck thread.
>>
>>81904599
I think we just don't respect him blaming the audience for his own shortcomings. Or, you know, failing to admit that he has shortcomings.
>>
>>81903867
I didn't mind Arena. I wasn't attached to any of the characters so I just tuned in on /co/ each issue for the Kev Walker art.

That said I still fucking hate Hopeless. Read more of his body of work and you'll rapidly discover Arena was him at his best. Plus he often comes off as a giant piece of shit in interviews and on social media. Guy lives up to his name.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.