[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (806 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806 KB, 1440x1080
What went right?
>>
everything but Kraven.
>>
>>81900668
Voice cast, art style and how it translated to animation, how it used the best the Spidey mythos had to offer, the writing, etc.
>>
>>81900668
Good theme tune
Tombstone
>>
>>81900668
Damn near everything.
>>
It was perfect.

Do you think they would have killed Gwen if it kept going?
>>
>>81900668
It's perfect
>>
File: spidey black cat swing.gif (437 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
spidey black cat swing.gif
437 KB, 245x184
>>81900668
They given us a young Felicia
>>
Could someone tell me why it can't be renewed?
>>
>>81904691
This is a Sony animation, but Disney now has the animation rights. It's a Sony property.
>>
>>81904691
Marvel bought the TV rights, but Sony kept the show's rights. If Marvel wanted to continue, they would have to commission Sony to make it. But since Marvel has the resources to make one, they'd rather make their own show they can control instead of paying another company to do so.
>>
>>81904749
>>81904805
Now that they are buddy buddy with each other, I hope a continuation happens.
>>
>>81900668
Good plot that doesn't take the viewer for an idiot and is thus willing to reuse themes, characters and ideas presented in previous episodes in future ones, good VAs, good artstyle making for easier swift animation and good battle choreography. Good balance of humor, drama, action and character moments (for an example of a bad balance, see USM)
>>
>>81904878
They're not going to bother for a cartoon. Disney/Marvel are making sure no one remembers the fact that other Spider-Man cartoons besides USM exist.
>>
>>81904878
Fat chance, the kiddies want their USM and don't know what the fuck a Spectacular is and would be completely lost since the show'd start at season 3. Couple that with the show no doubt being showed on dead-end channels like Disney XD and there's no way in hell a SS season 3 would make anyone any money, and you damn well know everyone at Disney/Marvel is aware of that and is just happy to continue churning out shitty, cheap USM episodes to keep the little Sam Loebs of the world happy.
>>
>>81900668
Like the 90s show it had a lot of continuity. I liked the race swapping of some of the characters as well and use of less popular characters like Tombstone, SS and having Gwen as a nerdy childhood friend was cool.

They pretty much shat the bed with Eddy. Thought his whole angle was way worse than the original. It was a solid show but overall I found it boring compared to DC's animated stuff. Couldn't even finish S2.
>>
>>81904878
I.would.love.if.they.could.do.a.bonch.of.mini.series.instead
>>
Best Venom

Best Ock (voiced by X the Eliminator from Harvey Birdman for fuck's sake)

Best Goblin

Best Gwen

Best waifus in general

Best fight choreography
>>
>>81905157
dont.type.like.this.you.nigger.its.really.fucking.annoying.like.jesus.fuck.its.even.annoying.just.to.type.why.do.you.do.this.to.yourself.and.why.the.fuck.am.i.doing.it.too
>>
>>81905291
Usually when someone types like that, it means their space bar is broken.
>>
>>81905142
>Thought his whole angle was way worse than the original.

Really? Worse than a random reporter that came out of nowhere, was characterized late, and had a very flimsy reason to hate Spider-Man?
>>
>>81905291
shit,.im.on.phone.and bloodv space is next to fullstop
>>
>>81905382
I meant original show. He was a character from the start, so they built the antagonism with Peter and just his general slime balleyness for a while. Never read his original appearance/origin in the comics.
>>
Noyhing. It was shit. Marvel has never made a good cartoon
>>
>>81905658
Good thing Marvel didn't make it, huh?
Besides, EMH and Silver Surfer exist anyway so you can stick your shitty opinion/poor man's bait where the sun don't shine
>>
Who would be the Peters love interest for S3?
>>
>>81905728
>using even shittier shows to prove yourself right
>>
>>81902733
Word. I was just thinking about that the other day.

Kraven is cool because most of Spidey's villains have an animal motif - not him. He practically goes by his real name, he defines himself by being THE HUNTER... in a rogues' gallery full of animal-people, he's the deadliest animal of all. IT TURNS OUT IT'S MAN.
>>
>>81905788
Kraven really dont gets enough love. Hopefully he will shown in the movies.
>>
>>81905658

Daily Raider, plz.

Go back to being dead.
>>
>>81905382
In fairness, I wasn't crazy about Spectacular's characterization of Eddie either. As weak as his motivation in the comics was, I still appreciated how his pettiness and vindictiveness was a foil to Peter's responsibility and morality. In Spectacular, Eddie's reasoning for hating Peter/Spider-Man are pretty well justified, going off of his point of view. And then they had him go after Aunt May, when one of my favorite things about comics-Venom was that he deliberately left her - and any other "innocents" - out of his fights with Spidey.
>>
>>81900668
This show was like a teen show.
>>
>>81907803
To be honest, I was never a fan of making him an anti-hero and suddenly develop a code against harming "innocents" when he at first didn't give a shit about threatening them and killing them when they got in his way.

At least SSM Venom was consistently evil.
>>
Who is your favorite girl in your show?
>>
>>81904805
Fucking rights fucking us over again
>>
>>81904365
Greg has said that after the show was over they would have done "the college years" dvd movies where they could have gotten away with more shit. It stands to reason they probably would have done it there.
>>
NETFLIX PLEASE
>>
>>81909717
It wasn't cancelled for lack of interest, the rights to animated marvel shows reverted back to Disney. Disney owns the rights to makes it, Sony owns the character designs and story lines. It's never going to happen.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.