[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Dwayne-McDuffie.jpg (77 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne-McDuffie.jpg
77 KB, 500x320
Lets talk about Dwayne Mcduffie and his work.
>>
>>81899579
heard he got fucked over by DC during his JLA run and he got fired.

DC is dicks.

Did great with Static and JL/JLU cartoons. Did not like Ben 10 AF.
>>
>>81899579

He was a whiny bitch.
>>
>>81899713
How?
>>
press f to pay respects
>>
>>81899713
Very true but it's usually offset by him being funny while whining
>>
>>81899579
Commited suicide after seeing how bad he fucked up All Star Superman
>>
>>81899579
I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths. He wrote for that, right? Owlman didn't have a ton of screentime, but he still managed to be an engaging antagonist.
>>
>>81900769
Yeah, that was actually a repurposed Justice League DTV script that was supposed to link that series with JLU.
>>
File: deathlok.jpg (192 KB, 546x870) Image search: [Google]
deathlok.jpg
192 KB, 546x870
Deathlok and all three of the Damage Control minis are great comics
>>
>>81899736
There's two major incidents that get people to try to call him whiny. The first was when Marvel debuted two characters in the same year who were black teenagers with the power of skateboarding. In response, he submitted a joke pitch for a comic called Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers, starring three black teenagers with the power of skateboarding and promising tons of outdated slang and the black teenagers being fortunately balanced out by their sensible white friends.

The second was his run on the JLA comic, where he wound up airing a fair amount of dirty laundry on a forum relating to how he'd been jerked around while writing, with lots of planned storylines having to be rewritten with very little forewarning and about half the characters he'd wanted to use being consumed by another JLA series that didn't come out until years after the fact and turned into a miniseries after heavy delays. He also got accused of being "anti-white" because he used John Stewart in his JLA run, though by his own account that was more because John was the only Lantern that wasn't tied up in something.
>>
Early Static was great (despite weird 90s art) and I really enjoyed a lot of the Milestone stuff.

He was certainly good enough that if I saw his name on something, I would pick it up, which is even more impressive in an era where I was actively avoiding a number of "A-list" writers.

I will never forgive him for dying before he got hackneyed enough to complain about, like everyone else.
>>
File: 1440917522845.jpg (96 KB, 424x620) Image search: [Google]
1440917522845.jpg
96 KB, 424x620
>>81901241
I don't see how anyone can consider this whiny. The first was very clearly a joke, and a hilarious one at that. Are people not allowed to make satire anymore?

Second one seems like he was just too honest about the situation. DC needs to be clear about what he can and cannot say for the sake of PR, but the situation as a whole is very telling of how bad DC is in general.
>>
>>81901241
Hawkfans are really annoyed by how he has an obvious axe to grind against the white, conservative Hawkman. First he was a would-be-Earth-destroying villain cucked by John Stewart, then he was a creepy stalker, then the stalker turned out to be a reincarnation of a guy who was cucked by a guy who would be reincarnated as John Stewart.
>>
>>81901434
>Are people not allowed to make satire anymore

People take their cape comics very seriously. The Punisher retconed some stuff that happened in Damage Control as a joke using the character
>>
>>81901488
>Hawkfans are really annoyed
That's all you need to say

I've been reading Hawkworld and it got some pretty serious hate mail for being different. One guy sent in a letter calling Shayera a slut because she had sex with a human even though there was no romantic relationship between the Hawks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.