[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... the Wonder Woman movie will be hated no matter what they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: GqkNlrz.png (61 KB, 1272x488) Image search: [Google]
GqkNlrz.png
61 KB, 1272x488
So... the Wonder Woman movie will be hated no matter what they do, won't it?
>>
>>81876615
It could be a coherent well crafted movie.
>>
>>81876870
>It could be a coherent well crafted movie.
And that would not stop people from irrationally bitching about what was listed in the OP.
>>
>>81876615
>Wonder Woman
>fans
I think we're safe OP.
Half of your concerns are appliable to literally every movie that comes out.
>>
Wonder Woman has fans? I know lots of people that like her but does she actually have fans?
>>
>>81876615
Half of the points in that list proves that whoever wrote the list doesn't know a shit about WW, and definitely will bitch over anything ever.

>Wonder woman
>darker stories

Really?
>>
>Having a woman lead and not suck dicks and talk to her girlfriends about dudes the whole film will somehow alienate male viewers

Personally, I'd like to watch a movie with a woman who doesn't spend the whole time being a vapid whore. I want to see action in superhero movies, not have random bullshit romance subplots shoehorned in to please middle aged women watching the film
>>
>>81876615
Well we already know it'll be hated for having too much or too little "GRRL POWER" so yeah
>>
>>81877622
I said she needs to LOOK sexy physically & outfit wise for male viewers, that has NOTHING to fucking do with sucking dick or especially talking to girlfriends about dudes. Where the fuck did that come from?
And I don't want romance subplots ether.
>>
>>81877069
Nothing will stop people from bitching about petty things. But if the film is made well and tells a good story with good characters, people will more easily ignore those who bitch about petty things.

Basically, if you make the good stuff worth watching and enjoyable, the bad stuff won't be as big of an issue.
>>
>>81877968
>I don't want romance subplots ether.

>Wonder woman
>Steve Trevor

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on not having romance sub-plots.
>>
>>81876615
>alienate feminist viewers
So thats like 50 lost ticket sales?
>>
>>81877355
The only people who care about WW are girls who think they are supposed to like her because ladys and people currently masturbating.
>>
>>81877359
>>Wonder woman
>>darker stories
>Really?

--New 52
--God War
--The Hiketeia
--That one arc with Darkseid invading Themyscira and massacring many Amazons.
--Her biggest villain is the GOD OF FUCKING WAR!
--Her 2nd biggest or best known villain is Cheetah which usually involves cannibalism or human sacrifice.
--Nazis
--Doctor Poison is a call back to Japan's unit 731.
--Of the trinity she is the one most willing to kill.
>>
>>81878024
>Nothing will stop people from bitching about petty things. But if the film is made well and tells a good story with good characters, people will more easily ignore those who bitch about petty things.
Man of Steel proves you wrong as it was fucking great and people still hated it just because of no quips, dark & destruction.
>>
>>81878090
It will add up to a lot more because if feminist scream bloody murder about it on twitter and such women in general will not see it.
>>
>>81878110
New 52 is a flash in the pan.

Hiketeia is a Greek Tragedy (describing it as "Dark" infantelizes it).

Citation needed on the cannibalism.

The nature of a villain (especially Ares) does not make it dark.

That you failed to mention Doctor Psycho, a character who can easily considered rape incarnate (a perverted dwarf with vast mental powers) says you know little of her beyond the Nu52 and a few token stories.

Thinking Nazi's can't be used as stock villains? Really? In 2016?

And then falling to her willingness to Kill to try and prove she has 'edge'. Yeah, you know shit.
>>
File: ww23-1_cheetah_3.jpg (502 KB, 998x1536) Image search: [Google]
ww23-1_cheetah_3.jpg
502 KB, 998x1536
>>81878374
Cannibal fucking holocaust has fucking edge, Darker Wonder Woman or Superman stories even fucking Injustice is not edgy, stop misusing the word.
>New 52 is a flash in the pan.
35 great fucking dark toned issues is a flash in the pan. lol.
>Citation needed on the cannibalism.
pic related dumbass.
>>
>>81878152
>as it was fucking great
oh this was just a MoS/BvS defense thread in disguise
>>
>>81876615
has anybody under 50 actually watched that old Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter?
>>
>>81878374
>a perverted dwarf with vast mental powers

Not to mention he's misogynist, hating on all women for some petty reason. The only way he could be even worse would be naming himself Dr Rape or something.

>>81878110
>>81878374
Now, tell me, what's a "dark story"? Killing people is gruesome ways just because? Like when she beheaded all those Greek monsters or neck snapped Maxwell's necks?

Or stories with grim dark atmospheres and lack of colours plus no jokes? Yeah, because man of steel and batman v superman did really well with that idea.
>>
>>81878630
You brought it up fucker.
>>
>>81878675
>Or stories with grim dark atmospheres and lack of colours plus no jokes? Yeah, because man of steel and batman v superman did really well with that idea.
Yes they absolutely did (mos more so)
>>
>>81878623
Oh, look, a nu52 example! How am I not surprised?

And yeah, considering the character has been published continuously since 1941. Just with her one title, she's amassed over over 800 issues. That's not includng minis, Sensation Comics, and the like.

And given that they're having Greg "One of if not the most acclaimed WW run in modern history" Rucka come back to the title to salvage it from the dark tone of the Nu52. . . Yeah. Flash. In. The. Pan.

Wonder Woman can handle dark subjet matter.

In one of her most acclaimed issues (interview with Lois Lane), we have a scene of a child DYING IN HER ARMS and yet . . . the story itself is not dark. The presence of difficulty or complex subject matter does NOT make a story "Dark".

Dark is HOW you tell a story. Not what the story is.
>>
>>81878887
>And given that they're having Greg "One of if not the most acclaimed WW run in modern history" Rucka come back to the title to salvage it from the dark tone of the Nu52. . . Yeah. Flash. In. The. Pan.
Salvaging it from Finch sure, but everything I have seen of Rebirth looks to be continuing the dark tone.
Laim Sharpe was a artist on Dearth Dealer for gods sake and his cover looks straight from it. (thats a good thing imo)
>>
>>81876615
Well everyone seemed to love Wonder Woman in BvS. I know I did.

>>81878663
I've seen a few episodes as a kid. Probably gave me my milf fetish too.
>>
>>81878990
Fair enough -- though the titles of the stories seem to indicate a tonal shift (especially the 'second half' of it).

Also, the fans i've talked to (online and otherwise) have generally held that the main Wondy title was the sort Wonder Woman book being published at that time -- that Bombshells and Sensation Comics were (on average for Sensation) better.

Hell, I can only think of one major fuckup in Sensation comics (You know what it is) compared to . .. Finch . . . in the main one.
>>
>>81879173
Except for the cool issue with Diana infiltrating apokolips.

>Hell, I can only think of one major fuckup in Sensation comics (You know what it is) compared to . .. Finch . . . in the main one.
The Mansplanning scene? I have no attachment to Donna Troy, so none of Finch's fuck ups are a billionth as bad as that.
>>
>>81879317
>Except for the cool issue with Diana infiltrating apokolips.
Ignore this, was leading into another statement I was making and deleted.
>>
>>81879317
Donna Troy is one of that runs medium-level sins, IMO.

But I'd rather not go into details of that thing. I save that level of ire for other things.
>>
File: tumblr_nb17mdgvvr1tkd2lto1_1280.jpg (138 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb17mdgvvr1tkd2lto1_1280.jpg
138 KB, 800x800
You know, this whole thing, I mean DC in general and these awkward stumbling drunk steps they're taking in attempting to make their own marvel universe thing, it's just really really bad. Like, REALLY bad. As in every piece attached to it, however weak already, looks even weaker when attached to this 'universe' via the tinsel and bubblegum lines barely sticking them together. Every time I see them announce a new one I shake my head and think "what kinda clownshoes is behind this garbage?". And don't get me wrong here, Marvel's shit is so cookiecutter I could fall asleep throughout 95% of any given title and not miss anything of interest, but DC's stuff is unfathomably worse, to the point it seems almost inconceivably without thought or direction.
>>
>>81879124
>Probably gave me my milf fetish too

Lynda Carter was 24 when she was in Wonder Woman. How did that give you a milf fetish?
>>
>>81876615
Issues wit adapting Batman to the sceen

>If you make him too serious, people will say he's too sadistic and out-of-character
>If you make him too silly, people will say it's campy like the Schumacher films
>If you make it realistic, people will say it's missing the fantastical and gothic elements of Batman
>If you make it too unrealistic, people will say it's hard to suspend disbelief and that Batman is supposed to be a street-level hero
>If you focus on superheroics, people will say he doesn't come off as smart or do any detective work
>If you focus on detective stuff, people will say that the movie is just a Law & Order episode with bat ears
>Preaching about how poverty and inequality create crime will alienate people who don't want to see politics in entertainment
>Not focusing on the roots of crime will make people complain that Batman is classist because he's a rich guy who beats up the poor
>>
>>81879854
Key difference is Batman has many defining traits and aspects that work regardless of darkness or campyness, realistic or gothic fantasy.
Wonder Woman's 2 faintly defining mythos are feminism and greek mythology.
>>
>>81876615
>If you don't make her sexy you'll alienate male viewers
Only the creepy perverts ;)
>>
I liked the tone in Earth One WW, a movie like that would be cool desu

But this is Zack Snyder's Cinetic Murder Universe, so no
>>
>>81876615
>current year

yes
>>
The solution is obvious. Stop adapting. For god sake, stop adapting things into movies. Write your own damn movies.

Hollywood already adapted a game I playing in middle school using pen and paper. Please stop. For fuck sake, everything else creates original titles, original books, original games, original cartoons, original TV shows, please just stop adapting.
>>
>>81876615
The only problems I have with this list is the alienation of male viewers

Guys are going to see this movie anyway, we still make up the majority demographic for movies like these
Not putting cleavage in and talking about feminism has never dissuaded an enormous amount of males from seeing literally any film ever (that wasn't literally just feminism and no cleavage at all, meaning it had a decent enough plot)
>>
>>81879790
Probably because he was a kid and 24 is old to a kid.
>>
>>81881747
Pervert implies perverse or unnatural, explain to me how straight male sexuality is perverse or unnatural in ANY WAY!
>>81881812
They will still go see it, but if they make the lead female a unattractive man hater who talks down to men and what they mentally and physically enjoy BY GOD OR FUCKING NATURE, will make them hate the film.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.