[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to undertake a pretty wild wide: reading all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: xmen.jpg (835 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
xmen.jpg
835 KB, 1920x1080
I'm going to undertake a pretty wild wide: reading all of Marvel's X-books in publishing order at a rate of about a year in a week (not counting superfluous minis/one shots and out of continuity crossovers..). If I can keep it going, I should be able to finish up in a little over a year.

Does anyone know of a resource that catalogues the X-Books in order of *release*?
>>
>>81876037
You can knock out the first decade or two pretty quick, things don't get crazy till the 80's.

All the lists I know of are in chronological order though, so they'll often start with stuff like Wolverine: Origin.
>>
>>81876160
Yeah, it all goes smoothly until you hit the mid 80's and the 90's. Marvel wiki has them all ordered, but it's a bitch to sift through. Any other, more specific resource would prove invaluable.
>>
>reading comics
>while movies and cartoons exist

People still do this?
>>
>>81876307
>Yeah, it all goes smoothly until you hit the mid 80's and the 90's
How come?
>>
>>81879487
60's - early 80's: Only one book, X-Men/Uncanny X-Men, with characters occasionally popping up as guest stars or in anthology titles. Easy to know the correct order, they all go one after the other. They even stopped publishing new X-Men stories for a few years.

mid to late 80's: More books added: New Mutants, Alpha Flight, X-Factor, some mini-series', graphic novels. Harder to keep track of it all.

90's: 8-12 ongoing X-books at any one time, plus one shots, mini's, quarterly books, crossovers, events. Good fucking luck.
>>
>>81876037
I did that least year, I swear you could literally see the moment where the X-books went to shit.
>>
Have fun OP, hope you survive the experience

>>81879487
>>81879881

Claremont didn't want spin offs either, while he's in charge stuff is pretty clearly lined up throughout the books. like the wolverine mini is while wolverine isn't in Uncanny X-Men. It's cool stuff.
>>
>>81879968
Behind the scenes stuff is fun. Like how Mutant Massacre was the brainchild of Claremont and Simonson, but the whole ordeal was so exhausting they never wanted to do a crossover again.

Then Shooter comes by saying " man that was great, do another one"

So they lied saying they already had one planned and brainstormed up Fall of the Mutants by the end of the day
>>
>>81879934
Shit, what order did you use?
>>
>>81880026

I wish I could find more stories like this. I heard one about Inferno that Claremont purposefully made it stupid convoluted in hopes that no one would want a crossover again.
>>
>>81876037
Chronological X-Men torrent
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.