[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't been following the Vertigo relaunch stuff, is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: vertigo-logo.jpg (19 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
vertigo-logo.jpg
19 KB, 600x350
I haven't been following the Vertigo relaunch stuff, is any of it good?
>>
>>81867114
>vertigo Relauch

no such thing; it's just a new imprint called Young Animal being headed by Gerad Way. Vertigo will continue to exist with it's current books along side it
>>
>>81867286
I meant the stuff released in October
>>
>>81867372
Sheriff of Babylon and Unfollow.
>>
I enjoy Unfollow, Clean Room, Red Thorn, Sheriff of Babylon and Jacked
>>
File: YeahManNeat.jpg (77 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
YeahManNeat.jpg
77 KB, 728x546
What's the lore of Vertigo? I just started reading a iZombie dump a few days ago on here and they had cool looking Vampires, like lizard people, Thunder Cat tier people and other type of interesting races and also ghost.

From what little I read it looks like a light VTM of sorts.
>>
File: khund what.jpg (104 KB, 836x372) Image search: [Google]
khund what.jpg
104 KB, 836x372
>>81869207
>>
>>81869207
Only a very small handful of (mostly older) Vertigo comics take place in a shared universe (which is kinda-sorta the DC Universe.) The vast majority are totally unconnected.
>>
>>81869469
And that's only because they used to be DC proper mature audience series and thus got carted off to Vertigo after the imprint's creation.
>>
>>81867114
What's the deal with Vertigo and creator owned rights? The same as image?
>>
>>81869679
WB got dibs on movie rights iirc.
>>
>>81867114
I'm loving New Romancer
>>
Sheriff and Jacked are very good.

Last Gang in Town is probably my favorite of the bunch, but it weirdly isn't even listed on comicbookroundup...

Overall, the books are pretty good, but you'll be a lot better off when they release the first trades.
>>
File: death from above.jpg (255 KB, 976x705) Image search: [Google]
death from above.jpg
255 KB, 976x705
Wake up.
>>
Suiciders is great
>>
>>81869066
seconded all this
>>
I liked Twilight Children, although I agree with Gilbert Hernandez that he should've gone weirder
>>
>>81867286
>no such thing
Where were you over the last few months?
>>
>>81869207
Vertigo generally isn't a shared universe, outside of books like Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman.
>>
>>81874561
>>81869066
Third.

Jacked particularly feels like it could have come out in 1999, and I mean that in a good way. Also it's a 6 issue limited series. Unfollow and Sheriff of Babylon are the stand-outs of the group though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.