[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit Rises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: ShitRises.jpg (14 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
ShitRises.jpg
14 KB, 285x177
TDKR retroactively raped and murdered the trilogy, so, yeah, what we would have got instead would have likely been far more compelling.

>Batman for maybe 2 years, tops.
>Had five rogues, if you stretch Ra's, and movie Two Face, to fit.
>Had a brand new tragic love interest, whose death made him retire after practically no career.
>No Bat family.
>Potentially hands all his toys over to a random cop, and goes to Paris with Catwoman.

I mean, shit. Unless the cop becomes the best street-level Batman ever (because once those toys are broken, there are no more getting made, as Lucius retired), this Elseworld has to have the least happen in it of any.
>>
>>81850790
Red Letter Media loved the movie. Therefore your opinion is wrong.

Mic Drop
>>
>>81850790

I liked TDKR. It wasn't as good as Begins or the Dark Knight, but it wasn't horrible. It just seemed weird that Batman stopped being Batman for seven years and after the League of Assassins tried to blow it up and the Joker showed up saying he "changed things" nothing happened to warrant a Batman.
>>
>>81850790
It's weird.
I feel like Nolan was afraid that if he didn't cap Batman straight in the head with this movie, WB would continue the series without him.

And that's why he went out of his way to wrap the entire thing up in the most un-Batman way possible.
>>
>>81850790
I think it's weird, in Batman Begins, Gordon's son is a baby, in TDK his son is 5-6 years old, meaning there should be 5-6 years between BB and TDK.

On the other hand, Batman finds out about the joker at the end of BB and no way in hell the joker laid low for 5 years until the start of TDK. There's also that line the joker has where he says something like "rewind the clock to about a year ago"
>>
>>81850790
Yeah I hated that he was Batman for a couple years, then retired for 8 years, then came back to stop Bane, then retired again. Nice eternal crusade on crime.
>>
>>81851215
Yeah, they never actually say what the time gap between BB and TDK is.

It feels like it was only supposed to be a year or two, but there's nothing stopping it from being five, I guess. Maybe The Joker was just doing really small petty crimes until around the time of the bank heist, and he just never registered on Batman's radar because Batman thought the mob was more important than single criminals going around and killing other criminals.

Maybe Batman had been operating for a few years, but it was only "about a year ago" that he really started to wear down the mob and challenge their corruption of the city.
>>
>>81850790
I remember a rumor about them having Joker playing a minor role in TDKR.
Wonder what happened to that.
>>
>>81850790
That's the problem with trilogies. There's not enough on them to truly flesh out the story.

It's like the story skipped over part 3, and went straight to part 4. Rises should have been the darkest Batman movie yet. The one where Batman doesn't win at all.
>>
>>81851977
True. The "one year ago" line doesn't directly have to mean that BB was one year ago, only that it was one year ago that Batman's efforts really started to hurt the mob.
>>
>>81852014
Spidey trilogy was pretty okay.
>>
Good.
At least obnoxious Nolanfags got quieter with their "HURR NOLAN IS A GENIUS CAN DO NO WRONG" bullshit after this movie.
I will love it forever just for this.
>>
>>81850832
This. Also, what was up with the lack of establishing shots in BvS? What a piece of SHIT!
>>
>>81852053
Spiderman's trilogy didn't have a closure tho, i think that was anon's point. You can kinda see a closed circle in 3 with the death of the last Goblin and the fact that Sandman was indirectly tied to Spidey's origin, but after all they were still about to make a Spiderman 4 and Raimi only gave up because he felt he was losing control of the thing (as far as i know, at least)
>>
>>81850832
You're only a semi-conscious mouthpiece
>>
>>81852708
>Spider-Man's trilogy didn't have a closure tho
Yes it did. Harry died, all the villains were gone, Peter dances with MJ. There were no plot threads to pick up.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1440x1080
My biggest complaint was the fight choreography. It's probably the worst I've seen in any big budget movie, ever. It's Hercules and Xena bad. People leaping back from invisible punches and kicks all over the place. Whoever was in charge of that shit needs to get blacklisted

also Bane's cartoonish voice kept reminding me of this guy
>>
>>81853654
No, you're right, it's what i said, but Peter was still Spiderman so there was the potential to keep making movies, and we know for a fact they were about to, as i mentioned

But now that i think about the same could be said about TDKR with Bruce technically still alive and Robin supposedly replacing him as Gotham's hero

Uh, maybe you're right
>>
File: 2016-04-14_21-58-27.jpg (21 KB, 262x332) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-14_21-58-27.jpg
21 KB, 262x332
/co/, do you really want to do this?
>>
File: salemslap.gif (755 KB, 397x298) Image search: [Google]
salemslap.gif
755 KB, 397x298
>>81853663
Shut your whore mouth. Xena had great fights.
>>
>>81853859

I didn't mean it as an insult to Xena or Hercules. I was comparing a serious adaptation high budget blockbuster with a strictly tongue-in-cheek borderline comedy TV show.
>>
>>81850790
For you
>>
>>81851262
>Nice eternal crusade on crime.

But Baleman's motivation was to get rid of Gotham's mob and avenge his parents and inspire GothamĀ“s people not to fear the mob, not "le eternal crusade xD" of capeshit comics that only makes sense in that context because Batman and capeshit comics in general are an eternal loop that will never have conclusion.
>>
>>81851262
If you put the timeframe together, he was Batman for a year at most, and that's with the times combined.
>>
>>81850832
You unironically wrote out the words Mic drop on /co/ to express an opinion that isn't even yours. You are a tool.
>>
File: BANE.gif (3 MB, 318x500) Image search: [Google]
BANE.gif
3 MB, 318x500
Is this a Dark Knight Rises thread?
>>
>>81857171
We made it just for you
>>
>>81850790
H O T H E A D
O
T
H
E
A
D
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.