[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I safe if I read only the 11 New Gods issues, or are the forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: the-new-gods-1_cover-art.jpg (159 KB, 497x765) Image search: [Google]
the-new-gods-1_cover-art.jpg
159 KB, 497x765
Am I safe if I read only the 11 New Gods issues, or are the forever people + Jimmy Olsen issues essential to understanding the Fourth World mythos?
>>
>>81849171
No. Read Mister Miracle faggot,
>>
>>81849225
This.
Also, what's the catch with Jimmy Olsen of all people to be THAT important in Fourth World?
>>
>>81849304
he's not important to the actual fourth world stuff, he just happens to be near fourth world events when they happen
>>
>>81849225

So New Gods + Mister Miracle and I'm set?
>>
>>81849392
just check what's in the fourth world omnibus series and get every issue from there

there's also the later new gods issues and orion if you like the characters
>>
>>81849392
Forever People, Mister Miracle, New Gods, and Jimmy Olsen.
>>
Not the OP, but is there a good torrent for the New God stuff?
>>
>>81849423

I know what's in the Fourth World omnibus, but I want to know what's essential and what isn't. I've read a couple of Forever People and Jimmy Olsen issues from the ominibus and it's not my cup of tea, but I liked the idea of the New Gods themselves.
>>
>>81849470
it's all essential and it's all written in the same style - if you don't like jimmy olsen, you won't like the rest of it

luckily there's the non-kirby stuff, you can just read that instead
>>
>>81849429

If everything is essential to the plot I think I'll just skip it. I can't binge read this type of stuff, two issues into Jimmy Olsen and I already want to stop.
>>
>>81849493

Well that's a bummer, I only hear good things about it, but I guess it's just not for me.
>>
>>81849434
Seconding this
>>
>>81849470
All sorts of reading orders will be fine; hell, "Orion and some googling for context" will likely give your brain a perfectly good antilife enema.
>>
>>81849523
if kirby is that off-putting to you, there's still simonson and rock of ages. also seven soldiers features the new gods pretty heavily
>>
>>81849493
>if you don't like jimmy olsen, you won't like the rest of it
That's not true at all. Though still good, Jimmy Olsen is the weakest part of it and does not reflect well upon the rest of the anthology.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.