[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke Cage Soundtrack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: A Tribe Called Quest.jpg (50 KB, 790x484) Image search: [Google]
A Tribe Called Quest.jpg
50 KB, 790x484
http://pitchfork.com/news/64795-a-tribe-called-quests-ali-shaheed-muhammad-and-adrian-younge-scoring-marvels-luke-cage/

>A Tribe Called Quest's Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge Scoring Marvel’s "Luke Cage"

>In an interview with Pitchfork, they revealed that they were scoring a TV project with a full orchestra conducted by Brainfeeder associate Miguel Atwood-Ferguson. Now, that project has been revealed—they're behind the music of Marvel's upcoming Netflix series "Luke Cage." Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker confirmed the collaboration to Entertainment Weekly. “It’s very sophisticated. I mean, it’s got a ’90s hip-hop vibe, but it’s really forward-thinking. We have Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad doing the scoring for us,” he said.

Thoughts?
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>81849026
Orchestra meets hip hop actually sounds interesting. I hope they release it somewhere.
>>
>>81849089
>This faggot again.
>>
>It has a black protag therefore the music has to consist of hip hop

Not all of us black folks like rap music.
>>
>>81849169
Well how would you score a show about Luke Cage then?
>>
>>81849169
Doesn't matter. Hip hop is perfect because it encompasses a wide range of styles and can include any kind of musical direction. Also, ATCQ are nothing like what you may know when you think of hip hop. They've been around for a long time and know wtf they're doing.
>>
>>81849169

it works for Luke Cage, though
>>
File: yabba-dabba.jpg (31 KB, 269x214) Image search: [Google]
yabba-dabba.jpg
31 KB, 269x214
>>81849202

given luke cages blackspoitation origin I may have gone a more funk route, granted, tribe called quest is not too far removed from that direction. not quite brass construction or parliament, but not a bad choice.
>>
>>81849416
They probably picked them because they can do both.
>>
>>81849169
>implying all hip-hop is the same

If it was some trap shit, drake/future type bullshit I'd be pissed. But ATCQ with a orchestra backing?? This is exactly what Luke Cage. This is gonna be the modern-day Troubleman blaxploitation sound, and I am all in.
>>
>>81849169
Yeah

But Considering Luke Cages history it should be funk but Hip Hop makes alot of sense too. The music makes more sense since its a modern urban NYC with a black guy out of prison. Stereotyping yes but it depends on the scenario.
>>
get hype for k i n o
>>
>>81849587
Stop this. First of all "kino" refers to movie theaters, and relates to movies.
Second of all, the way you're using it is a really dumb /tv/ meme.
>>
>>81849636
c a p e k i n o
a
p
e
k
i
n
o
>>
In other Powerman and Iron Fist news: The official shooting sheet was posted on Reddit. The HashTag show were right, the working title is "Kick". Which also means Orson Randall will be a series regular. We just have to wait for casting.
>>
>>81849677
Who's the girl supposed to be?
>>
>>81849026
The soundtrack should be 100% Nas.
>>
>>81849716
No idea i don't think Plas does either. Or cares.
>>
>>81849636
What is this whole kino thing anyway? I keep seeing it but I have no clue what the hell it means
>>
File: orson-randall-lit-bandit.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3192) Image search: [Google]
orson-randall-lit-bandit.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3192
>>81849706
What.
>>
>>81849757
/tv/tard shitposting, just ignore and report.
>>
>>81849169
>Not all of us black folks like rap music.
AKA Oreos
>>
>Shitfork praises it
So, it's unlistenable garbage?
>>
>>81849772
The HashTag Show have been right with every single one of their Iron Fist leaks, so far. They were the ones whose source told them Finn Jones was cast as Danny.
In the first leaked casting call outs were two which matched the descriptions of Danny and Orson.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3r9u5bqLgQ

>Get ready senpai
>>
>>81849848
>>
>>81849880
Yeah, here are the first two leaked casting calls.

>[DYLAN KENDALL] 25 - 28 yrs old, handsome and sophisticated, independent and a loner. SERIES REGULAR

>[HARRY MARSHALL] 45 - 50 yrs old. Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active. SERIES REGULAR

The latter definitely sounds more like Orson, that Wendell or Davos.

Speaking of Davos the next leaked casting scoop, says they were looking to cast "Devon": 25-30 Asian/East Indian/Pacific Islander. A handsome, ruthlessly powerful, a thoughtful warrior.

Arleo Dordor is a strong rumour for Davos. Shang-Chi may be in it after all.
>>
>>81849636
kill yourself
>>
On the red carpet Mike Colter said Luke Cage will be a "Fugitive tale", that's actually gotten me pretty excited for the series, whereas I wasn't before.
>>
>>81850871
That sounds pretty cool. In the comics, he changed his name and was thought dead, because he got shot escaping prison. I wonder what approach they'll take here.
>>
>>81849169
Nobody cares that you don't fit a stereotype. Nobody thinks every black person does either, not even /pol/.
It fits the character, so there is no need to make a personal complaint about how you personally don't have the same taste as a character despite sharing skin colour.

Still better than youtube comments saying this is offensive.
>>
>>81850945
This. There's a lot of potential in that concept. I'm guess it will be part prequel, part sequel.
>>
>>81851071
Hip-Hop fits, but I hope there's Jazz and Funk, too.
>>
>>81849169
Oreo.
>>
>>81851700
It's A Tribe Called Quest. Listen to their stuff. Some of it IS jazz and funk with somebody rapping over it. They really couldn't have made a better choice.
>>
>>81849126
Me too. I've been excited to hear the OST for this show since the preview for it was in that DD season finale.
>>
>>81849487
>it should be funk but Hip Hop makes alot of sense too
Y'kno, hip hop has a lot of fusion sub-genres, I could see jazz rap being used, since ATCQ is on this, etc.
>>
>>81851700
JAZZ RAP YOU OREO TWINK

Literally what ATCQ are known for as well.
>>
>>81854124
I've been listening to some of their stuff, and it's really cool. I've heard a couple of their tracks before, but I didn't know it was by them.

>>81854278
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>81854588
Oreos get my blood pressure up.
>>
>>81854636
>Oreos

That's some crabs in a bucket shit, Anon.
>>
>>81849169
>>81849416
Am I having deja vu or have I seen this same uncle tom rhetoric with the same image before?

Regardless, Luke isn't a suburban black kid born in the late 90s. He was very much in the shit, living in Harlem in the 80s most definitely calls for hip-hop in it's motif.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.