[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joker in The Dark Knight Rises?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: MyCard_The_Joker.jpg (309 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
MyCard_The_Joker.jpg
309 KB, 1280x800
Ever wonder if the Joker (Heath Ledger) was ever planned to appear again in the TDK trilogy? And was Bane was gonna appear along with the Joker, or appear as the main villain by himself.And would we see Harley Quinn make her big screen debut other than SS?
>>
File: batman-and-joker.gif (939 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
batman-and-joker.gif
939 KB, 500x350
>>81841771
I honestly believe if Heath Ledger didn't die, we would have gotten The Dark Knight Returns story-arc with Bane instead of the Mutant Leader and Superman probably wouldn't be there
>>
He would have run the death or exile court instead of Crane.
>>
The third movie was supposed to be a court room drama, and Two face was supposed to be in the third movie, not The Dark Knight. Nolan didn't want to do a third movie.
>>
>>81841771
The movie would've been an even bigger success.
>>
File: Batman_Dark_Victory_TP.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Dark_Victory_TP.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
>>81843037
As much as I loved Eckhart as Two-Face I feel he was wasted potential. Fuck, it's precisely because I loved him so much that I do feel he was wasted potential. He should have been the sole focus of the third film. Basically Dark Victory.
>>
Literally everything about TDKR would have been different if Heath lived.

It was meant to be a about the Joker's trial. Nolan scrapped the whole thing and made a Tale of Two Cities movies with Bane and gave him some awkward connections to Ra's and the first movie. The movies really don't work well as a "trilogy" and this is why. The League of Shadows and Ra's were never meant to be brought back back again.
>>
I read a long time ago that he was planned to appear in TDKR but they wrote him out by saying he was the only inmate left in Arkham because even criminals didn't want to deal with his shit.
>>
>>81843255
I bet the Joker escaped when Bane opened all the prisons.
>>
>>81843037
>Nolan didn't want to do a third movie.

It's not that he didn't want to do a third movie, it's just that, at the time of TDK, he didn't know if he wanted to. Nolan's philosophy was to not act like you're guaranteed to make any sequels, and to put all your energy in the movie at hand and make it the best it can be, rather than setting things up and saving things for the next movie. They initially thought about having Two-Face in the third film, but then they were like, "fuck it" and did Two-Face in TDK. And I think it worked, because even if he has short screentime, he has a full and satisfying arc and a powerful conclusion.

If Ledger lived, the third film may had been different, but it probably wouldn't just be TDKR with Joker, because they hadn't even had a plot in mind until years after Ledger died.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.