[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you read a Harry Potter comic? >inb4 Books of Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: f4a.png (391 KB, 520x556) Image search: [Google]
f4a.png
391 KB, 520x556
Would you read a Harry Potter comic?

>inb4 Books of Magic
>>
are there any long running "magic wizard" shit comics that aren't capeshit?

I mean, you'd think something like DnD would be a license to print money, but the closest thing are a bunch of webcomics of varying quality.
>>
File: Good plan.jpg (287 KB, 1280x661) Image search: [Google]
Good plan.jpg
287 KB, 1280x661
Absolutely not. The books were great and fun to read. The movies were good, but cut out some content I enjoyed.

A comic would probably just be the movies in comic form. Same character physical appearances, location appearances, etc.

Just go read Books of Magic

>>81827542
IDW did some DnD comics before. They were alright, and some were really entertaining, but overall they just didn't do to well.
>>
I think you'd probably be looking at Buffy/Angel-tier comics, though I'm not really sure you could sustain an audience since Harry Potter is aimed much younger than Whedon-smuggery
>>
Yes assuming they had JK's stamp of approval and were good.

those game of thrones comics are trash
>>
I will if they do gender bender (or at least an episode)

Fem Draco.....FUCK YEAH
>>
File: Hagrid vs The Iron Giant.png (1 MB, 1060x530) Image search: [Google]
Hagrid vs The Iron Giant.png
1 MB, 1060x530
>>81827410
No. The 7 books are finished, the story is over.

The. Fucking. End.

No more.
>>
>>81827941
This upsets my mind and my dick
>>
>>81827410

No, Harry Potter was shit.
>>
>>81827542
Fell's Five are amazing DnD comics, just not all about magic. More about zombie orphans and orc snogging.
>>
The characters are the worst part in Harry Potter, without Rowling's knack for comfy and whimsical atmospheric prose, you'd realize what a boring cunt Harry Potter is.
>>
There's so much untapped potential in the Harry Potter universe desu. I want more stories about different characters at different schools or at least different eras at Hogwarts.
>>
I keep hearing the Books of Magic were basically Harry Potter before Harry Potter was ever written. How much similarity is there?
>>
>>81829313
Not enough
>>
>>81829032
I'm pretty excited for extraordinary beasts. Magic speakeasies and smuggling creatures ought to be fun.
>>
>>81827410
I'm not sure a comic series would have anything to offer. Side stories and expanded universe material maybe? Otherwise, this >>81828871. The story is done, and there's no need to rehash it.

>>81829313
>>81829345
Harry Potter is really popular, so people keep trying to speak against it by pointing out that the whole magic school trope had existed since at least the 70s. To which I say, "Yeah, and?". Originality is a gigantic crock of shit.
>>
>>81829032
I want an adaptation of Dumbledore vs Grindelwald and a series set during Voldemort's prime days.
>>
>>81829032
This; a HP comic would b shit, but a Tales of Hogwarts would be fun
>>
>>81829313
Forehead scar
Owl pet
Glasses
Brown hair
English national

That's it

Plotwise nothing alike. Books of magic varies from trippy sandman-esque stuff, to unique-being-can-fuck-reality power.

You won't find any wand exams.

The Worst Witch books are closer to pre-Potter (shittiest witch attends Witch school basically)
>>
>>81827410
A cute cartoon series about some Hogwarts first-years would be pretty cool, I'd say

I'm not sure about a comic though
>>
Harry Potter was kinda garbage, and I don't find "teenagers going to school for magic" a thrilling premise for a comic. We have enough comics about teenagers and most are shit.
>>
>>81838649
>Forehead scar
>Owl pet
>Glasses
>Brown hair
>English national
This is the opening to All-Star Harry Potter
>>
>>81827542
nope, you can try Manga though. I like Dungeon Meshi a lot.
>>
>>81827626
I just imagine the books in a different art style every time I re-read them (though I usually stop at Goblet...).

Sometimes it's a big-budget Disney film, sometimes it's hyper-stylized. Imagining the earlier books in Song of the Sea's style is maximum comfy...
>>
>>81827410
Harry/Luna is best pairing!
>>
>>81827626
>a long form method of storytelling would have more in common with a two and a half hour movie than a novel
???
>>
>>81827410
Harry no, comics set in the Harry Potter universe maybe
>>
>>81827626
I don't know, The Game of Thrones comic book is a good adaptation of the books, the characters look original and are based on the book's descriptions (not to say that comic's art isn't extremely generic). Someone could adapt Harry Potter without making him look like Daniel Radcliffe, and there's a lot of fun to be had with illustrations in a world like theirs.
>>
>>81827941
FemRon is doing funny things to me...
>>
>>81828871
Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them movie is happening anyways, there is no end anymore.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.