[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
8 years later, what do you think of Heath Ledger as the Joker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
8 years later, what do you think of Heath Ledger as the Joker?
>>
More comic accurate than the memesters would have you believe.
>>
>>81820412
Is theory with Iraq veteran any legit?
>>
I have no interest in how faithful it is or what kind of precedent it set or didn't set for comics and other Joker incarnations. I'm not saying it was I'm not saying it wasn't; I just don't care. I am perfectly happy to have my comic book themed movies be comic book THEMED and not in any way part of some sprawling canon. It was an interesting characterization with amazing acting that stole the show and that's pretty much all there is to say on the matter.
>>
Still great, still funny, still among the best
>>
>>81820412

Was he a member of the League of Shadows or just a random looney?
>>
>>81820412
Pretty great. No complains from me
>>
>>81820412
Leto is going to blow his performance out of the water.
>>
File: Joker_DCAU.jpg (42 KB, 539x404) Image search: [Google]
Joker_DCAU.jpg
42 KB, 539x404
>>81820412
Great, and easily the best live-action Joker, but he's still not Mark Hamill's Joker.
>>
>>81820412
Not only the best live action Joker (most likely never surpassed imo), but it was a damn good performance period.
>>
>>81820559
What makes you think he is League of Shadows?
>>
If he was still alive, would it have been held in as high regard? Would TDK have broken a billion without the hype his death brought?
>>
>>81820490
Iraqveteran8888?
>>
>>81820683
>If he was still alive, would it have been held in as high regard?
Yes
>Would TDK have broken a billion without the hype his death brought?
Probably no
>>
IMHO he was a great character, but he was no Joker.
>>
I loved him.
>>
>>81820412
Unique as now he is owning this character. Leto has a mountain to climb for this one.
Even his character still find the funny in a more twisted way. Also, Batman still crack a joke here and there, albeit not as rigorously as Marvel character.
Remind me why WB shit themselves again with subsequent movies?
>>
Second best Joker after Hamill
>>
>>81820412
Pretty good, though I actually get the feeling that this is supposed to be the Joker's 'origin story' and that we only see him as a complete Joker at the end of the film.
>>
>>81820412
He was a great anarchist clown, but he sure wasn't the Joker.
>>
>>81820412
Not really the joker proper, but a nice new adaptation for a more realistic elseworld.

He kept his function as the element of chaos opposing batman, even if his approach wasn't the same, so that was nice for a one-time change.
>>
>>81820490
Nope. At the time of the film, someone in his age group would have at the very least had fingerprints and dental records from their service. Very like, DNA as well. Unless, I suppose, he had served with a non-American service. But even then, that would seem unlikely.
>>
>>81820412
Apparently, he isn't the Joker.

Who's the Joker then?
>>
>>81822469
what
>>
>>81820434
>no joker venom
>no gag weapons
>shit laugh

He was good for the type of movie he was in, but he wasn't "comic accurate" like the nolan-hipsters would have you believe.
>>
I always hated it. When I found out how much people praise him I couldn't understand why. Still don't.
>>
>>81826248
That's because you're a pleb.
>>
The lip smacking and his joker posture still annoys me to this day.
>>
>>81826299
He acts like my dad when he was drunk and half asleep. That's not some amazing performance.
>>
I still think he's great, only thing I still like from the Nolan films though. They aged horribly and quickly.
>>
>>81826586

>"dad no, don't burn all the money again"
>"just finish that one and go to bed"
>>
>>81820412
An okay performance hyped by his death.
>>
>>81826600
>They aged horribly and quickly.
really? They seemed to hold up a lot better than it's contemporary films.
>>
>>81822462
Joker is Canadian in the Dark Knight universe.
>>
I find him fairly boring.
He's pretty dull as a character. He's not that scary despite the movie wanting him to be a force of nature and his "intelligence" is mostly asspulls and making other characters retarded.
>>
>>81820412
Overrated as fuck, but still a good Joker
>>
File: 1460584594646.png (237 KB, 527x629) Image search: [Google]
1460584594646.png
237 KB, 527x629
>>81822469
What?
>>
>>81820412
Still the best. I would love to get my hands on Heath's Joker Diary. The role was nothing less than a shamanic transformation. I've met my fair share of dumbass actors who say "oh I'm just a vessel," but that's exactly what Heath was for this character. Leto is trying to measure up and I'm afraid used anal beads and a rat in a box are simply not gonna cut it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Heath killed some people during his stint of method acting for the role.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.