[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interesting ideas that you feel should be expanded upon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: background.jpg (78 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
78 KB, 633x537
>Immortal Iron Fist
>Danny learns that his father's company is built on having exploited the people of K'un-Lun and decides to gradually give away all of his money

>Living Weapon
>a child whose father is unemployed asks Danny why Rand Corp is being dismantled when many people could use the work
>Danny questions whether he's made the right choice, but ultimately the book ends without him thinking about it ever again

I thought that challenging Danny's desire to die poor was one of the things Living Weapon did well, and I wish we would explore Rand Corp's existence more. I haven't been keeping up with the new PM&IF, though, so if they have been going over it and I don't know, please say so.

Anyway, this thread is for concepts and ideas that you wish got more focus.
>>
File: iso (3).jpg (148 KB, 540x573) Image search: [Google]
iso (3).jpg
148 KB, 540x573
In inhuman Iso had the Capo's personality Map written into her brain which gave her the ability to speak english, made her change her name to Iso, and possibly made her a genius. There isn't an explanation why it did that or why it is important to the capo.
>>
PM&IF doesn't address any of what happened in ILW, and I doubt future issues will either. The only element it retains is Danny's costume. Danny acts like a dumb ass, it could be a reaction to all the shit he deals with in his previous run. I'd definitely like to see his Netflix show deal with this issue/elaborate on it. Perhaps his next run will.

Speaking of the upcoming show, I'm fucking hyped.
>>
Is the second collection of Immortal Iron Fist as good as the first one or is there a bit of a drop in quality? I'm a bit tight on money but I want my mystical kung-fu
>>
>>81820687
I thought the second volume was superior to the first. The eighth city of Heaven arc was amazing. The Immortal Weapons stage a rescue mission to get people out of the "eighth city", which is practically hell. There were a lot of tense moments, Like Danny nearly getting killed by the "Chi-Li" a demon from the eighth city, that's kills Iron Fists. The IWs all get tortured. They all need to work together to get out. The end second arc leaves the state of K'un-Lun open-ended. So, to answer OP's question I'd like a follow up on that. We get to learn more about the other Weapons (some more than others) in standalone issues. Dog Brother one of was the best. It was heart wrenching.

The second volume is also faster paced, than the previous. I'd definitely recommend it.
>>
>>81821026
Agreed, JMS does a pretty great job when given actual mysticism backgrounds to work with.
>>
>>81821992
>JMS

Can't remember what those initials stand for, but it was Duane Swiercynski. I don't know why people continue to step on the second volume. It's GOAT.
>>
>>81820687
It's not as good, the ending to the arc is lackluster and that Chaykin drawn annual sicked.
>>
>>81822208
Sorry, I got my shit all fucked up. I'm a stupid idiot who should be raped.

JMS was the dude that introduced the idea of the spider-totem in Amazing Spider-Man. I get him and Swiercynski mixed up for no good reason.
>>
File: defenders_1.jpg (335 KB, 1027x1560) Image search: [Google]
defenders_1.jpg
335 KB, 1027x1560
>>81819423
Also, what the fuck was up with the Defenders run following Immortal? I only read the first and second issue, which showed Danny, the guy who had sworn to give his entire fortune away, reading comics and drinking milk while riding on his private jet.

The fuck, Fraction?
>>
>>81822934
It gets worse. The ending of his Defenders is " none of it ever happened"
>>
>>81821026

I'm echoing this, I enjoyed the 2nd volume more personally.

The rescue mission arc is great, Fat Cobra's backstory is great. I think giant robo Iron Fist kid was in the 2nd volume? That's one of my favorite Iron Fist stories personally.
>>
>>81822671
Whoa, Anon that escalated quickly. That's fine.

>Spider-totem
OK, never heard of that before.
>>
>>81822934
>If we use Red She Hulk, we don't need either Hulk OR Valkyrie!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2063x3131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2063x3131
>>81823425

Wah Sing-Rand? His story was fucking amazing.
There are so many great moments in the second volume.
>When the Chi-Lin beats the shit out of Danny and we get pic related
>Chi-Lin threatening the School of Thunder
>Wah-Sing Rand's entire issue
>Learning the origin of the "Hypnotic fist"
> Danny and the IW getting trapped in the 8th city.
>Danny trapped in the cell, tapping to who he thinks is the first Iron Fist.
>Learning about the first Fist, and all the corruption and lies all the cities had a part in. Seeing the first Iron Fist completely looses faith.
>The Weapons working in tandem to escape.
>Stand off with Davos, who at the request of his father, the new Yu-Ti is ordered to assassinate the first fist. Lei-Kung knows how much of a pure colossal shit-storm this could cause.

So many amazing emotional moments in Vol.2. It felt like there was much more at stake. It was intense and quite the page-turner. You can tell I thought it was good, because of how many moments stuck with me. I.E- Danny being tortured. If later seasons Iron Fist cover this, I will truly lose my shit in excitement! The potential this series has is beyond words. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Iron Fist could seriously /blow/ the other properties out of the water.
>>
>>81822934
>>81823065
Haha i swear im the only person on the planet that liked this book. I could smell the "none of it ever happened" shit coming as soon as he killed the fucking black panther, but i still thought it was a fun ride. Ive always found Fraction's writing to be very engaging, and he managed to make me like Red Fucking She-Hulk. That alone is impressive
>>
>>81823065
Was he ashamed of that shit?
>>
>>81822934
>>81823065

Didn't John go evil and try to off all of the other Weapons?
>>
>>81825744
He killed all of them except fat cobra and danny
>>
>>81824588
might have to read that then because i fucking hate that character.
>>
>>81828805
Wait, why?

They're back now, though, right?
>>
>>81829342
as this anon said>>81823065
It ends with a none of this actually happened thing. However none of them have shown up since except for john in living weapon.
>>
>>81829526
>none of it actually happened
Lol

There's so much untapped potential in The Weapons. I want Marvel to do more with them.
>John was in ILW
Didn't the book change him? I'm trying to remember.
>>
>>81829723
iirc he just showed up for a chapter to offer danny some immortality fruit
>>
>>81829987
Ah. I can't even think why he would do that.
>>
Kamala's relationship with attilan more specifically Medusa. There is no explanation for why Medusa took so much interest in her or how Kamala feels about attilan or Inhumans in it.
>>
>>81819423
IF TLW was awful, damn it! I still cannot understand how I got to the end.
>>
>>81836258
It was a decent take on his serious side and he wasn't written out of character, ifnyou really want to torture yourself read the "escape from K'un Lun collection, all of his worst series in one book. Nothing says 90s like edges...
>>
>>81819963
It was important to the Capo because he takes over the bodies of inhumans and has lived for ages doing that.

Rewriting her brain probably made the transition easier
>>
File: 51PgK7o01OL.jpg (64 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
51PgK7o01OL.jpg
64 KB, 324x500
>>81837255
>escape from K'un Lun collection,
Are you referring to pic related?
>>
>>81838154
>Rewriting her brain probably made the transition easier
That is what the guys putting it said.

Couldn't he have just rewrote of over someone else? He insisted that they get Iso back. He was able to get this guy so the map probably wasn't unique or not entirely necessary. he was clearly adamant that Iso couldn't be left walking around with his personality map. I feel like there is more to this.
>>
>>81838763
Honestly I don't remember entirely and didn't really care for it as I was reading, but didn't she have powers that he wanted.
>>
>>81830637
Yeah. And when did Lock jaw disappear from her story?

>>81819423
Auran and McGee could have become a staple of Inhuman comics with their position in security removed from the royalty. They could have been an opposed point of view watching Attilan from within as opposed to from above.
>>
>>81839025
>Yeah. And when did Lock jaw disappear from her story?
During the timeskip for no reason, Lockjaw is in all new Inhumans now.
>>
>>81819423
The Living Weapon got me thinking about Atlantis, Paradise Island, Wakanda, and all those other secret societies that think they're superior to the world at large.

I just want a story that points out that, yes, everything in them seems hunky dory, but that's only because they're rather small communities and applying the model of their societies to the larger world is untenable.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.