[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New 52 Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1460024166635.jpg (274 KB, 738x857) Image search: [Google]
1460024166635.jpg
274 KB, 738x857
So it's pretty much confirmed that New 52 Superbro is fucked after Rebirth, right?

Why would DC do this? He was getting really good.
>>
Nostalgiafags were louder.
>>
>>81814956
so new 52 isnt canon anymore?
>>
>>81814956
Superbro sucks. Superbro Prime is better
>>
He's unpopular
Anyway, unless he actually dies for real then he'll probably still be an important character
I bet they plan to do something crazy like have old Clark die in an event in 10 months or something
>>
>>81814994
It is, but now pre new 52 Superman is going to be the Superman of earth prime, while new 52 Superman (superbro) gets shelved for some reason.
>>
>>81815061
but i thought pre new 52 superman wasn't canon
>>
>>81815004
Superboy Prime no longer has anything to offer as a character. DC is up its own ass with metatextual stories, everyone and their dead-ass mother can step back and critique currently published books now.
>>
>>81815106
He is since Convergence.
>>
>>81814956
does his replacement at least get the red underwear back.
>>
>>81815199
uughhh
>>
>>81815211
Yes, still not worth though
>>
>>81814956
what about vegetarian supes from birthright?
>>
>Why would DC do this? He was getting really good.

DC drove the sales into the ground by gimmicks, hiring shit writers. Truth was the nail in the coffin. They also over saturated the fuck out of Superman titles. Currently we have 4 Superman titles of post flashpoint Superman, 1 of post Crisis Superman, 1 is Vased Adams letting his inner crazy flow and 1 is shitty Landis fan fiction. Plus they really wanted to get away from the whole Superman and Wonder Woman ship without making every shipper super angry.
They never understood the Grant Morrison version anyway, Morrison's Superman died with the final issue of his run.
Now they're banking on Nostalgiafags to revive the sales with yet another gimmick. What will happen is new 52 only fuckers, a lot of them will drop the Superman title. Nostalgiafags wouldn't want to come in the quantity DC is hoping because muh red underwear and muh post crisis universe. Sales of number 1 will be pretty much meh 12 issues in because who the fuck in their right mindset would get hyped over Jurgens and Tomasi. They'll start trying more and more gimmicks like triangle era and shitty crossovers and sales will be worse than what they currently are.
>>
File: 1459201557196.jpg (399 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1459201557196.jpg
399 KB, 900x1366
>>81815211
No. He gets shitty blue boots tho.
>>
omg why do they have to make comics so hard to follow
>>
>>81815363
Because they demand everything tie in with everything else. Not just that it make reference to it when relevant, but that it use it immediately.
>>
>>81815211
I wish
>>
>>81814956

He was good from the start. This is bullshit.
>>
>>81815363
They're making it easier to follow by rebooting them every few years for a new fanbase.
>>
>>81815338
Why why would they give him those boots
>>
Pre Nu52 Supes is MY Supes. But this is beyond retarded if correct. Superbro was just getting good. We don't need yet another DC reboot/retcon fucking incoherent mess ffs.
>>
>>81815684
>We don't need yet another DC reboot/retcon fucking incoherent mess ffs.
it's not. pre- flashpoint superman and his family have been here for 10 years. and now new 52 superman is gonna be depowered with his powers going to new 52 lois,
>>
>>81815716
>and now new 52 superman is gonna be depowered with his powers going to new 52 lois
We Whor now.
>>
Pre-Flashpoint Superman will be Superman, New52 Superman will just be Clark Kent
>>
>>81815716

>52 superman is gonna be depowered with his powers going to new 52 lois

What?
>>
>>81815639
They aren't, actually.
Every time I've had to explain how DC does that to new readers it confuses the shit out of them, and when they start buying new comics they ask why does every comic reference every other comic and no issue tells even part of a complete story without buying three or four other comics they aren't even going to read.
DC is trying to pretend like it's still 1992 and that their most famous characters can still hold three or four books down at once.

I don't know if it's the fault of DC Entertainment's imbecilic management not understanding that you can't run comics that way anymore or if it's simply that DC's current group of editors are just old and massively out of touch and hope by forcing everyone who reads comics to relive "the glory days" that somehow the comics market will magically get better and their bullshit plans will work out.
>>
File: Gleason Costume.jpg (96 KB, 625x974) Image search: [Google]
Gleason Costume.jpg
96 KB, 625x974
>>81814956
He's coming back with a better suit.
>>
>>81815807
>Imbued with the powers of Superman, Lois Lane pledges to use her powers to protect Metropolis as the new Superwoman. The only problem is, Lois’ new powers are killing her, and neither she nor her friend and confidant Lana Lang know what to do about it. Will Lois even survive long enough to find out the deadly secret of ULTRA-WOMAN?
>>
>>81815967
That's fucking retarded.
>>
File: chill out.png (661 KB, 619x598) Image search: [Google]
chill out.png
661 KB, 619x598
How fucking hard is it to follow a number system anymore? Back in the old days you had a main comic that went from #1 to often times into the hundreds. Now they're rebooting shit every fee years, comics rarely go past 50 and people cant follow shit or create any history with the characters because everything is NEW NEW NEW!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>81815728
We Whor done correctly now.
>>
>>81815949
That is just a reject design nigga.
>>
>>81816006
The new52 was done specifically to give new readers an easy jumping on point
>>
>>81815338
Blue cape next?
>>
>>81815716
>and now new 52 superman is gonna be depowered with his powers going to new 52 lois,
I really think he's going to be killed, not just depowered. If he were just being depowered, why would the solicits mention a "New" Clark Kent? I think New Clark is just a plot device to put the identity reveal away.
>>
>>81816145
And Rebirth just looks like a mess for new readers. Back in new 52, newer readers didn't give a fuck about 5 yeats compressed timeline. Now it's just going to be heavy retconning. Man DC needs to stop fucking up and fixing their universe every 5 years.
>>
>>81816193
I don't think they'll kill him. If sales goes to literal shit they need a contingency plan. Which would happen, it's a certainty.
>>
File: SuperboyNu52.jpg (397 KB, 915x1054) Image search: [Google]
SuperboyNu52.jpg
397 KB, 915x1054
>>81815004
>Implying they're separate characters
>>
>>81816214
>DC fucks with nostalgiafags
>bad DC!
>DC listens to nostalgiafags
>bad DC!
>>
>>81815639
Yeah by rebooting them in the most confusing ways possible
Just say OK we are rebooting all our characters new universe starting from scratch
None of this bullshit they always pull
>>
>>81815324

pretty much this
>>
>>81816269
>Implying listening to nostalgiafags is good ever.
>>
>We get Post Crisis Superman
>Still no ongoing for SuperDoomsday
We will never see a superman powered by a single corporate directive
>>
>>81816193
Nah, he's not gonna be killed, but a repowered Supes is a new Clark Kent.
It doesn't make sense for him to be killed because pre52 can't just take his place.
>>
File: Batman_Superman__2013___031_010.jpg (512 KB, 1491x2292) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Superman__2013___031_010.jpg
512 KB, 1491x2292
>>81814956
It seems that way, also Bruce isn't taking him dying very well.

Wonder how he'll take to Post-Crisis Supes especially since he is really tight with his Superman.
>>
>>81815363
They had self contained stories in DCYou but fans bitched about them.
>>
>>81816545
Indeed. That's everyone is pulled back to Titans.
Except Cyborg.
>>81816719
>fans bitched
News at 11.
>>
>>81814956
Wait, so who is going to be in JL? Trinity? Action comic?

And what about his friendship with the bat?
>>
>>81815380
>Because they demand everything tie in with everything else.

No, people just don't like having a character be powerless in one issue on sale that month, glowing green in another that's supposed to be happening at the same time, though he was dead last month and a woman in the previews yet married to a rainbow martian in a flashback that never happened in an issue that shipped late and no one can figure where it fits into anything else.

Fucking editors haven't been doing their jobs, like at fucking all, and people complain about weird shit that doesn't make sense. People blame the people complaining instead of the guys not doing their job.

If they want every character to appear in every book then they'd better at least attempt to keep track of that shit. If they can't: slow down with the god damned crossovers then. ffs, it's not rocket science, it's basic writing.

I don't see why comics get a pass. If this shit happened in a movie or a book or a tv series people would (rightfully) think they were doing a shit job.
>>
>>81816828
Looks like New 52 WW, New 52 Batman, and Post-Crisis Supes for Trinity.

Manapul didn’t say much but the way he described each character it feels like Bruce isn't going to be very close with Post-Crisis Supes and Wondy.

One of the things I remember that he said was that Bruce was going to be a loner who sees the value of their friendship but he was still going to be guarded and that he was going to have contigency against them (which we know he already had from a previous Superman issue, he even gave New 52 Clark a means to stop him).

Hitch said he was going to have the other JLA members react to the new Superman so I guess he's going to be there too.

I assume he will also star in Action and Superman (which has his family there), who knows though.

>And what about his friendship with the bat?

He already told Bruce about him dying and as you can see in >>81816676 he's not taking it well.

The whole story was storytimed here >>81771459
>>
>>81816676

Damn, there are actual feels. He just gets back and loses a friend, with an unfamiliar doppelganger taking his place.

The contrast between Injustice and this are nice, after the storytime.
>>
>>81816676

I wonder what's going on back in the Post-Crisis continuity for Supes to not feel the need to get back. Sure, Batman Inc is all go, as far as I remember, and the League was at full strength, but still. Home is home.
>>
Eh. Superman was one of the last franchises I was still buying on the regular. I guess I'll be saving a few dollars every month.
>>
>>81817084
Isn't his reality destroyed?
>>
>>81816719
My problem with DCU was just that every story I was reading was kind of crap. They all had potential, but man, they lost momentum quick. Yang botched Superman, Pak started strong on Action, then lost it after the first mini-arc. Aquaman started as trash, Cyorg was DOA.

WHERE'S MY FUCKING SHAZAM ONGOING
>>
>>81815338
>hal jordan in that cover

I can get pass Wondy but not fucking hal
>>
>>81815338
blue boots are better.
>>
>>81817134
>WHERE'S MY FUCKING SHAZAM ONGOING

I want a CAPTAIN MARVEL ongoing that has nothing to do with the Shit Johns started and then abandoned.
>>
>>81817120

...what? Better fucking not be, as its the setting I grew up with, where Killing Joke and No Mans Land took place, Bats and Wondy had a chance at happiness, and all was right.
>>
>>81816991
>No, people just don't like having a character be powerless in one issue on sale that month, glowing green in another that's supposed to be happening at the same time
And that is a valid complaint? Just stop being so autistic and let shit happen. This is why we can't have nice things. I'm not saying DCYou was the best, but it had potential. I'd rather have good stories with no continuity than a bunch of mediocre stories with continuity, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Maybe this is why I'm not nearly as impressed by the MCU as most people are. Most of the movies are mediocre at best, but they get elevated to such lofty heights because mouth-breathing audiences see a reference to an event or a character they're familiar with and go "HURRRRR, HEY I KNOW THAT!!! 9/10!!!"
>>
>>81817066
>>81817084
It's going to be sad because Post-Crisis Superman was this close to almost revealing himself to New 52 Bruce because he felt lonely anf missed his friend but then remembered that New 52 Bruce and him were strangers.

But Post-Crisis Supes is going to want to badly connect with New 52 Bruce but you know after losing his Clark he's going to be really angry and hurt and most likely will have a hard time accepting a stranger with his friend's face.

As to why he hasn't gone back to the Post-Crisis world, does it even exist anymore? I know some people like the post-crisis Bruce and the Batfamily are alive along with Wally and other characters from that world but they aren't in the actual Post-Crisis world, they are in some other planet, Post-Crisis Supes left with Pre-Crisis Kara and Barry, and Parallax to stop the Anti-Monitor and the Crisis in Convergence.

Parallax and Post-Crisis Superman and his family appeared in the New 52 Earth though, who knows what happened to the others.
>>
>>81817233
>>
>>81817244
>>
>>81817187
>Shit Johns started
I'm sorry you're incapable of being subjective. Kindly do not pro-create.
>>
>>81817250
>>
>>81817187
>implying Shazam wouldn't go to Omega Men tier without Johns
>>81817265
Moment Bruce started preptiming to kill Superman.
>>
>>81817265
So yeah Post-Crisis Supes misses his Bruce and yeah his relationship with New 52 Bruce is not going to start off well.
>>
Ok, now i'm just confused.
Now I don't read DC regularly but what the hell is this about new Supes dying?
How did this even happen?
How is old Superman goin to suddenly come in an replace him?

Please enlighten me /co/
>>
>>81814956
>liking New 52 Superman

You're the type of faggot that still reads Spawn, aren't you?
>>
>>81817307
>Now I don't read DC regularly but what the hell is this about new Supes dying?
Pits of Apokolips, Kryptonite poisoning and such. Deadly combo.
>How is old Superman goin to suddenly come in an replace him?
World needs Superman.
>>
>>81817187
Marvel Comics has what you're looking for
>>
>>81815106
Eveything is canon, even the things that happened before the new 52
>>
File: based lobdell.jpg (202 KB, 668x981) Image search: [Google]
based lobdell.jpg
202 KB, 668x981
>>81817309

This

NuMetal52perman is a shitty edgelord who murders at the drop of a hat

Real Superman is cool, like pic related
>>
>>81817358
>Lobdell
>>
>>81817233

Huh, thanks for the update and filling in. Is Convergence the series/story that leads from Post-Crisis to Nu52? I never read it, but I suppose I should, if only to see the fates of the setting I grew up with.
>>
>>81817233
>As to why he hasn't gone back to the Post-Crisis world, does it even exist anymore? I know some people like the post-crisis Bruce and the Batfamily are alive along with Wally and other characters from that world but they aren't in the actual Post-Crisis world, they are in some other planet, Post-Crisis Supes left with Pre-Crisis Kara and Barry, and Parallax to stop the Anti-Monitor and the Crisis in Convergence.

That can be an elegant way to end the new Superman and Super Sons books. Clark and his family find a way home.

>>81817291
Their sons will figure it out.
>>
>>81817358
>that cringeworthy anti-murder kick every writer went on after MoS came out
God damn.
>>
File: zod of murder (2).jpg (2 MB, 1488x3279) Image search: [Google]
zod of murder (2).jpg
2 MB, 1488x3279
>>81817402

To be fair, it was also an anti-collateral damage kick
>>
>>81817066
Worst of all is that his friend is going to die and this doppelganger who looks like his friend, who is older and has a happy life with a wife and a son that his friend will never have, comes in and takes his place in the League...

I don't think he's really going to be very happy about it.
>>
>>81817402

The worst part about it is the aftershock of Man of Steel turned "there's always another way" from the slogan of a man who could do literally anything talking about finding a solution to any problem - like, you know, moving a whole planet to solve an eclipse - into some kind of autistic religious doctrine about NEVER MURDERING EVER.

Fanbases are shit.
>>
>>81817003
I see, thanks.

It's unfortunate that they are killing N52 supes because I really liked him.
>>
>>81817434
>I don't think he's really going to be very happy about it.
Unless he's written happy.
>>
File: 3114466-superman22.png (2 MB, 1460x1034) Image search: [Google]
3114466-superman22.png
2 MB, 1460x1034
>>81817358
Daily reminder that this was written by THE superman writer and it was well received
>>
>>81817464
>Byrne
>THE Superman writer

That's not the Maggin/Swan team
>>
>>81814956
It's only temporary, faget. Do you think Lois as Superwoman will last forever? No.
>>
>>81817464
>THE superman writer

Hahaha no.
>>
>>81817401
It's going to suck for Jon though, he will basically lose his entire social life, the kid is practically a New 52 native at this point.

>>81817389
No it's not it was an event done by DC as filler for when they were moving from New York to LA.

Basicay this one dude seals cities from different DC realities and has their citizens fight each other and whoever won got to live and not be erased.

Also it ended with characters stopping the crisis and because of that realities like the Justice Riders reality for example changed (pretty sure anothet anon can explain it better).

Flashpoint was the event that lead the Post-Crisis to New 52 transition.
>>
>>81817437
>Fanbases are shit.
Tell me about it. I've been in the Injustice storytime threads since yesterday, and as cool as the concept is, it's almost cringeworthy how much these stories have to twist and contort logic and make contrivances in order to make it seem like killing one bad guy most certainly will lead to heroes becoming evil despots. It's such a childish mentality to have, these characters are capable of so much more than to be restricted to a rule that only came about because of the Comics Code Authority. We had a similar discussion recently in a Superman vs. The Elite thread. For a superhero to have a code about not killing, when doing so could have prevented the deaths of hundreds or more, is an incredibly selfish thing to do, just so they can say "hurrrr, I'm finding another way!"

I really want to return to stories about a Golden Age Superman who will kill the fuck out of a random thug for being an asshole.
>>
>>81817578
>killing one bad guy most certainly will lead to heroes becoming evil despots
I think the starting point is a bit bigger than him putting his fist through Joker.
>>
Rebirth just seems like a huge clusterfuck to be honest.

Going to check out some stuff like Priest's Deathstroke and Rucka Woman, hopefully they won't be constantly dragged into events and shit like that. I have a feeling the Superman and Batman line will be plagued by events and crossovers, but hopefully I'm wrong. I'm really excited about Young Animals though, those books look really interesting. I just hope they do well sales-wise and won't be canned after 12 issues like most DCYou books.
>>
>>81817454
I don't think he will be written that way especially since writers have said that the New 52 characters will be having different reactions to this new Superman.

Batman is also someone whose trust you gotta earn unlike Superman who trusts you unless you give him a reason not to. Post-Crisis Superman is not New 52 Superman so he's going to very much treat him like a stranger.
>>
>>81817549
> DC as filler for when they were moving from New York to LA.
So they moved from expensive to even more expensive, for what purpose.
>>
>>81817666
Closer to movie HQ, Satan.
>>
>>81817666
WB's home base is in California (LA? Anaheim? I guess somewhere in there) the WB just wanted them closer.

If Disney were to tell Marvel to move to the westcoast they would to buy that would be awful since they are a very NY based company.
>>
>>81817149
What's wrong with Wondy and Hal?
>>
Ok. Can someone explain why there are so many superman? Whats the difference between all these supermen?
>>
>>81817721

The timeline was changed by Flash's actions at the end of Flashpoint, resulting in a fusion of 3 worlds creating the current main DC Universe. This meant that its history was completely rewritten.

However, as revealed in Convergence, before the previous world was completely erased, Brainiac got Pre-Flashpoint Gotham into a dome and removed it from the universe, preserving it. Superman and Lois were in Gotham at the time and so survived. That Superman, at the end of Convergence, left alongside other heroes to stop the original Crisis, and then in the beginning of Superman: Lois & Clark, we're shown that after the Anti-Monitor was defeated the heroes went in their own ways, with Parallax and Pre-52 Superman ending up in the New 52 world.

Although people are making things sound kind of complicated right now, every solicit seems to be indicating that after Rebirth the Pre-52 Superman will somehow be basically THE Superman. We don't know what will happen to the current one - we don't even know what the "Rebrith" story is about yet. But they'll likely streamline things by the time we get to the new #1 issues.
>>
>>81817884
Is DC incapable of just doing a straight reboot.
That is a pretty good explanation though I'm not the guy who originally asked for it but thanks anon
>>
>>81817921
>Is DC incapable of just doing a straight reboot.
I fucking wish. And reasons to shitpost about, ah...
>>
File: feelman.jpg (25 KB, 720x636) Image search: [Google]
feelman.jpg
25 KB, 720x636
>>81814956
I hate this as well. I mean the fags crying for Pre52 Superman didn't even buy the book after Convergence. New 52 Superman was younger, made more mistakes and this humanized him to a great deal.

I hate how excited people are for Rebirth. Every time someone says they can't wait until June, I die a little inside
>>
>>81817884
Thanks! I havent ever gotten into dc but have been looking into it more and all these supermen just confused me!
So is the pre52 superman the same as silver age? Or is there more history i need to look up?
>>
When will DC stop rebooting?

Like doing reboots every couple of decades is one thing but it seems that they are going over board with them. People still have a fresh memory of Flashpoint so doing a reboot now is quite stupid.
>>
>>81817884

So... the setting I grew up with is completely toast, except Gotham and thew few other heroes that happened to be there?

I... hate that... but not as much as if that hadn't happened? I'm so very conflicted.

So, is classic Gotham just basically existing in a bubble off in another dimension then, or did they migrate elsewhere too? Oh god, is Gotham the foundation of a whole new world? That would be both awesome and doomed to be the most horrific world ever.
>>
>>81817971
>So is the pre52 superman the same as silver age

No, this is the Superman who murdered Zod with Kryptonite and died fighting Doomsday
>>
>>81817991
>and died fighting Doomsday
Just like New 52 Superman.
>>
>>81818005

No, New52 Superman died fighting Superdoom, temporarily.

Whether or not he died fighting Doomsday is really unclear.
>>
>>81817974
I'm fine with reboots but the stupid fucking multiverse story's need to end
>>
>>81817884
The problem I have with DC is that they won't fucking commit to something. They did New52 to boost up sales, but they still do shit like Convergence and Rebirth to bring up pre-Flashpoint stuff and everything becomes a mess.

Yeah maybe the New52 wasn't necessarily needed, but at least fucking commit to it if you're doing it. Enough with the flip-flopping and the reboots that are not really reboots and all the schizophrenic shit. It just seems to me like they don't know what they're doing, am I wrong in that assesment? Like they saw the sales for DCYou books and went full panic mode with Rebirth, which looks like it will make an even bigger mess out of the DCU.
>>
>>81817974
I honestly can't tell if people are just baiting with posts like these or just uninformed. DC has had TWO (2) reboots in it's lifetime. Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint. 3 if you count the transition from Golden to Silver Age. Every other 'reboot' is just continuity touchups in the same vein as Zero Hour. DCYou wasn't a reboot and Rebirth definitely isn't a reboot.
>>
>>81817358
That's a picture of New 52 Superman, dumbling
>>
>>81817611
Misread that as Death's Prieststroke

Now I want a book by that name
>>
>>81817884
Nu52 Supes is dying after all those solar flares and kryptonite-powered fight against Savage.
>>
>>81818025
Morrison's run left it kind of vague, although it suggested that something similar had happened in a day that became known as "Doomsday".

Geoff's brief run outright had an old newspaper mentioning Superman's death against Doomsday though.
>>
>people getting upset new 52 superman might be gone for a while

ahh how the turns have tabled
>>
>>81817003

>Bruce isn't going to be very close with Post-Crisis Supes

I wish they actually had that more often with people meeting AU versions of dead/dying friends.

In reality, you'd be really unsettled.
>>
>>81817437
Anon. There's always a way
>>
File: 4337340.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
4337340.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>81817401

I'm going to love these two.
>>
>>81817578

This.

If the slippery slope argument held weight, then nobody should ever be allowed to become a policeman or a soldier.
>>
>>81814956
Fucking nostalgia fags ruin everything. We could of had both but it wasn't enough for you faggots. Now the continuity got fucked over...again.
>>81817358
I love how Superman never had an established no kill rule until after Man of Murder.
>>
File: tumblr_o4or697kr01umu1aso1_1280.png (305 KB, 593x1289) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4or697kr01umu1aso1_1280.png
305 KB, 593x1289
>>81818813
>>
NEW52 SUPERMAN WILL LEAD THE JLA BOOK!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!
>>
I've just been reading Cereal King's Justice League and Hitch's JLA recently. What do I need to read to understand the current situation? I read a couple of issues of t-shirt buzzcut Supes but I have no fucking idea why pre-Flashpoint Supes is now knocking about or why Superman has a son.

I've got time to read a shitload this month so let me know xoxoxox
>>
It's like as If in Infinite Crisis, Earth-2 Superman became the mainstream Superman with a buch of old people screaming muh Superman fuck that new Superman. He's a jerk!
>>
File: 52.png (516 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
52.png
516 KB, 720x800
Action Comics and Superman end in 52
Just like this post
>>
>>81819117
almost
>>
They need to follow the line with the Hannah Barbera/DC Young comics , I mean divide the multimultiverse in lines like this:
Rebirth would be the mainstream comic of earth prime
DC You(ng) lion the DC You continuation of earth prime comic
Hannah Barbera rebot the HBverse
Earth One line(WW, Superman , Bataustisman)

And with that create other line:
Earth preflashpoint: Detective comic,Action comic ,Gotham sirens(Because Harley) and JLA in contrast to batman,Flash:Fast man alive(Wally book), superman, JL and Harley queen , Flash(Barry allen book) books who are post flashpoint.

Earth Silver Age and golden age:It would be like Earth one line.

Earth Zero Hour: It would be New Earth 15. Hal paradax rebirth the earth like he was before his dead. It would be Batazazel, Aquaboss,Wonder woman ,Steel and Young justice battle against Paradax in a 90s dystopia

Earth multiversity:Morrison Oneshoot.

It simple, if you don't like one line go to other, that what they are doing...
>>
>>81816991
This level of autism.
>>
This post Crisis Superman taking the place of New52 Superman is such an uneccesary clusterfuck, i really just want to read good comics.
>>
File: 1399622905997.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1399622905997.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>gradually start to browse/lurk /co/ last year because got interested in cape comics and other things
>mfw still trying to fully understand what the new52 is and all of this happens
Welp, guess I'll keep myself to cancerous slice of life mangas for now.
>>
>>81814956
The DC fan experience is to have what you love ripped from you just as you're finally getting to a good spot.
Unless you're a Bat-fan, then it's just watching more and more of the universe revolve around your boo.
>>
>>81820006
>still trying to fully understand what the new52 is and all of this happens

It was made for you. It's a brand new spot to start reading without needing to be like "Gee, I wonder what happened in issue 243 that they are referencing?" even if that doesn't usually happen. Shit's not hard to get into family, just pick something interesting and google a download for it.
>>
>>81817464
Hahaha no

That's not Otto Binder

And Superman executing powerless people... just no
>>
>>81820100
>Unless you're a Bat-fan
>then it's just watching more and more of the universe revolve around your boo.

Profit.

But seriously, no, I got sick of this bullshit in early high school. I just grab short runs or individual trades that interest me, regardless of canon or age.

I just ordered the Killing Joke HC, Joker (the one from the POV of the goon), and Harley Quinn, to prep me for Suicide Squad and the animated Killing Joke. Two are non-canon, and one is Elseworlds. And no fucks were given.
>>
The problem with replacing a character, is in the new universe Superman has no interaction with the nu batman and wondy or any of the nu heroes. So it is like they are killing Superman and replacing him with a stranger. I was a huge fan of preflashpoint superman, but part of his charm was him being an established hero in the universe. Now he will be a whole new character and a stranger thus his supporting cast will only be his son and Lois.
>>
>>81814956
>tfw people start using the edit you made
>>
>>81814956
Pro Tip Op. New 52 Superman as never The Superman. Heis gonna be pushed aside in the story. Superman is gonna save Metropolis while 52Supe stands on the sidelines clearling Kent of being Superman. Life moves on. 52Supe will show up again as a side character like Superboy Prime in a few years.
>>
>>81817947
>I die a little inside
So does New 52 Superman
>>
>>81817974
They aren't rebooting as much as they are adding characters and retconning some things here and there.

It's still the New 52 universe.
>>
>>81818616
Honestly? Yes, I hated him at first but after going through so many writers and this thing called character development I ended up liking him.
>>
>>81818960
Convergence then Superman: Lois and Clark

Also for New 52 Superman I gues the DCYou stuff and some of the issues before it, also the current Syperleague stuff.
>>
>>81820006
Or stick to self contained tpbs you don't really need to dollow continuity with those.

Or read non Marvel and DC comics.
>>
>>81818905
>I love how Superman never had an established no kill rule until after Man of Murder.
Is this a ruse?
>>
>>81818038
New 52 was not a writing strategy, which is why it had inconsistent writing and nothing was made clear to editors or writers.
It was purely a marketing strategy after DC was restructured into DC Entertainment and Diane Nelson became officially in charge of all DC products on an attempt to "re-brand" DC itself slightly and thus universally improve sales on a permanent basis.

Basically the New 52 was a result of a real-world corporate thing and it communicated what needed to be done to the writers rarely or (more likely given the speed of which it happened) not at all and let them just figure shit out as they went, which led to a mess.
>>
>>81825492
Didn't Marvel do the exact same thing when it moved it's offices to California?
>>
>>81825548
Yes.
>>
>>81825548
They renumbered fucking everything it seems and it confused the fuck out of me. I started reading amazing spiderman 2014 and I find out they have another new amazing spiderman that started last year. Not to mention some retarded as fuck things they did like start spider-gwen but then have it renumbered AT ISSUE FUCKING 5! Really? You couldn't wait to release that? You could have even just kept numbering them 6 7 8 9 and 10. But no.
>>
>>81823867
Thanks man
>>
>>81825866
Gotta have those number ones Anon, they sell so much.
>>
>>81825975
They confuse me to no end though. Like do they all continue from the previous series stories?
>>
>>81815380
Wouldn't be so bad if DC didn't have shit editors.
>>
>>81825975
Also not to mention Marvel making everything have to fucking be in the same universe and have to have tie-ins everywhere. I don't know how much DC does this but Marvel is ridiculous with it.
>>
>>81826002
Usually no. But with last launch of #1... Ant-Man kept same cast, same writer, same everything. Even costumes.
>>
>>81817343
Dammit, I'm beginning to think Flashpoint was unnecessary. The DC multiverse is becoming more confusing than usual.
>>
>>81817464
JB?
>>
>>81826056
So me reading spiderman 2014-2015 is a waste of time unless I want to really read the story? Which I do, I just don't like it ending so soon. That run lasted only to issue 20.
>>
New 52 Superman must be really shitty if he makes people nostalgic for bland ass post-Crisis Superman.
>>
>>81826128
The relaunches of the past few years for Marvel basically mean nothing. They continue the same story and in some cases the #1 is the middle of an arc. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>81826128
Nah, Spider-Man is OK. Things changed and you can see them. It had Doc Ock, Spider-Verse and stuff. I'm not Spiderfag, so I may be wrong. And in current book, Spidey is mix of Batman and Iron Man.
>>
>>81816006
New readers now are autistic about only picking up series with a big ol' #1 on them.
>>
>>81826321
>now
Big triple digit numbers have been intimidating new readers for forever

Anyway one of the complaints about ANAD from retailers is new readers they got with Thor, Spider gwen, Squirrel girl, etc don't get why marvel stopped them for an event and relaunched it
>>
>>81818737
>Anon. There's always a way

Yeah

And sometimes that way is punching a god so hard he explodes

"There's always a way" is the original one

"There's always another way" is what MUH MURDER fags turned it into
>>
File: man of weakness.jpg (2 MB, 1180x2788) Image search: [Google]
man of weakness.jpg
2 MB, 1180x2788
>>81826138
>New 52 Superman must be really shitty if he makes people nostalgic

He's pretty shitty.

Tries to make up with his villains instead of murdering them, like a real Superman would.

What a weakling.
>>
>>81826567
Do people really think Superbro is edgy? He's a damn saint in Action Comics.
>>
>>81828223

It's memes, anon. Most of this board doesn't read the comics it shitposts about, and any interaction they have with Superman, if at all, is cartoons, movies, or FEELS THREADS.
>>
I like New 52 Supes but I don't think he'll be going away, he's just going to be Clark the journalist.
>>
>>81828223
Only people who are assblasted about the new continuity and haven't read anything with him except cringey Justice League #1 panels
>>
>>81830099
And JLA wars movie.
>>
Anybody else think that the New 52 suit was always fucked over even when with the best writers and artists?

JRJR is the only one who kinda got that it was supposed to be this incredibly strange and alien thing attached to Supe's body

Its a shame nobody goes into detail about how the suit functions or how it affects his powers. Literally anything would be great

At least Morrison had the good sense to differentiate the t-shirt look and the suit look by having one being used only for space expeditions and the other for more down to earth events
>>
>>81815639
>cape comics
>new fanbase
>>
N 52 Clark Kent is solicitated in Superman rebirth tho.
>>
I think he's staying around but depowered.

I don't know why they rolled back to post crisis Superman. It was nice seeing New 52 Superman develop, while PC Superman was already developed and had a conclusive ending with convergence. Even the sales for PC Superman were bad compared to New 52 Superman.
>>
>New 52 Superman arrives
>/co/ bitches endlessly about him all the way
>cries continuously for the return of old "muh" Supes
>DC announces they're killing of New 52 Supes and bringing back the old one
>"WOW WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO SUPERBRO HE'S SO GOOD"

/co/ confirmed for contrarian faggots that don't know what they want.
>>
>>81833086
>implying people can't change their minds
>implying /co/ is the same people every day
>>
>>81832915
>>81833014
That's still shitty for the character, and retarded on DC's part, considering they JUST gave him his powers back after depowering him for what, a year?

Also, fuck that new suit looks horrible.
>>
>>81833143

There was nothing to change your mind about with New 52 Superman, though. He was always characterized the same way as Pre-52 Superman was. And people weren't bitching or praising New 52 Supes depending on the day, the bitching went on for MONTHS. /co/ just likes to whine regardless.
>>
>>81833274
Maybe a power down once again is too repetitive, but I don't think it's shitty. It will only be shitty if he gets pushed back for PC Superman to shine.
>>
So, I don't fully get it anon. So, Telos saved only pre-flashpoint Gotham where were Supes, Lois and kid. After convergence all pre-flashpoint staff is not exist anymore, replaced by new52 universe and Superfamily is only survivors, right?
>>
This all sounds so horrible and convoluted. It's like they completely forgot about all the mistakes that necessitated the Crisis and Zero Hour clean-ups.

For fuck's sake, just reboot the entire line once and for all and be done with it. One, clean reboot, no alternate universes, none of that shit.

And they wonder why they can't attract any news fans?
>>
>>81834584
>no alternate universes

fuck you
>>
>>81833892
Also paralax hal pre crisis Barry and Pre crisis Crisis kara.
>>
File: oqaI0Xb.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
oqaI0Xb.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>
>>81815338
Why do they hate red so much?
The red "underwear" is nice to have because it draws your eye down the character. Alternating between red and blue.

When hes just pure blue, hes not as visually interesting.
>>
>>81834619
Alt universes are fine in small doses, but when you start dragging characters back and forth between them and secretly inserting more BS into old storylines through them, it's too much.
>>
>>81815949
So far Gleason has given us a better Wonder Woman and a better Superman, why isn't he DC's go-to guy for unfucking costumes?
>>
>>81834861
So, we have Kara in 3001 league, Sups now and Parallax. Where is Barry?
>>
>>81814956
why is DC having such a hard time getting their shit together. i hated new52, but still read it, but i dont know if i will continue. are there any marvel books worth picking up, ive always been interested in x-men
>>
>>81832915
>>81833014

They mention a "New Clark Kent", which is odd if they're referencing the current one.
>>
>>81834937
This
It's not just iconic it's visualy effective.
>>
File: attachmentwy.jpg (984 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
attachmentwy.jpg
984 KB, 1440x1920
>>81815338
They should have just used Man of Steels outfit, it's perfect for comic and silver screen
>>
>>81838260
they did for like five years between 2011 and 2016
>>
>>81834937
My funny books about super-powered aliens beating up other alien gods in spandex uniforms can't have good color aesthetic or else my disbelief gets suspended.
>>
>>81825492
>wally and JSA gone from everything because of some chick who wanted movie synergy

Goddammit DC at least Marvel didn't erase the Fantastic Four from existence
>>
>>81839429
Man of Steel doesn't have a collar
>>
>>81839576
Yes they did.

Reed and Sue are outside of existence
>>
>>81814956
>people thought this was a heartwarming moment
>it's Superman enabling the vice of a destitute addict
>ENNIS LOVES SUPERMAN!

Even the Hitman issue was him taking the piss out of the concept. Tommy gives Clark some words of encouragement and then murders a guy the moment he leaves.
>>
File: anon.png (2 MB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
anon.png
2 MB, 1053x1070
>>81823652
>>
>>81825548
>when it moved it's offices to California?
DC move their offices to California. Marvel's offices are still in New York City. Marvel will never move out of New York City considering NYC is the setting for most of their stories. The Marvel universe is intrinsically tied to New York City.
>>
File: Hickman Twitter 5.png (83 KB, 1180x458) Image search: [Google]
Hickman Twitter 5.png
83 KB, 1180x458
>>81826452
>>
>>81839476
>or else my disbelief gets suspended
Correct, because post-crisis Superman had too good of costume sense to think the one he's going to be looking looks good, as does Lois.
>>
>>81835179
>are there any marvel books worth picking up, ive always been interested in x-men
Vision, Ultimates, New Avengers, Moon Knight and Totally Awesome Hulk are good. It's a bad time for the X-men though. Old Man Logan is pretty good, and Uncanny is good but the first arc has Land on art.

If you like Vision, you should check out DC's Omega Men and the upcoming Batman run by the same writer though.
>>
>>81838260
i hate that outfit.
>>
File: New 52 Action Comics Supes.jpg (668 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
New 52 Action Comics Supes.jpg
668 KB, 663x1000
Fuck you nostalgiacucks. New 52 Supes was a far more interesting character than that Post-Crisis Mary Sue of yours.
>>
>>81843654
I loved Morrison's run.
>>
File: Earth 2 Superman Cartoon.png (72 KB, 257x689) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2 Superman Cartoon.png
72 KB, 257x689
>>81838260
>Not the Earth 2 Outfit

Come on nigga look at this shit it's the perfect successor to the classic costume.
>>
>>81817233
New 52 Bruce is practically the same anyway. Batman and Green Lantern always seem to come out of universal reboots with their continuities mostly intact.
>>
>>81826063

What's confusing?

Everything and anything is canon, we're just not following everything. We're following the post-Flashpoint earth.
>>
>>81819117
>117

MORRISON IS MASTER CHIEF
>>
>>81843808
I think there's too much red and not enough yellow.
>>
>>81817333

Even their own personal on the payroll supershill thinks Billy is the one true Captain Marvel.

Feels great!
>>
>>81817707
There's no reason for either of them to be in a Superman book.
Batman is ok because they're bros.
>>
File: Especially not Superman.png (391 KB, 516x408) Image search: [Google]
Especially not Superman.png
391 KB, 516x408
>>81818905
Excuse me?
>>
>>81814956
At least we'll always have Superman Year 1 and the Anti-Superman League from Action Comics. Good run man, good run
>>
>>81844313
They're his co-workers
>>
>>81844162
yellow is the color of fear and mustard, boy, and we don't take to kindly to an excess of either round these parts
>>
>>81844506
YHWH says there is a time to kill, and only murder is wrong

Go fuck yourself false god.
>>
When the Earth is at stake, when it's either the thing that's punching him, or the entire planet, Superman may kill
>>
>>81844876
It's just how Superman sees it. I'm not saying I agree.
>>
>>81834861
>"In a instant, I can tell."
>>
>>81844876
Superman is nearly invulnerable.
>>
>>81817134
>not reading Midnighter, Martian Manhunter, Gotham Academy, Grayson, Sinestro, Robin: SoB, and fucking OMEGA MEN
It's not DCs fault you're a pleb.
>>
>>81817947
How can you not be? The superman line looks kind of weak, but there's a lot coming out that looks great. Plus with the addition of Young Animal and HB, we might be seeing a new creative Golden Age for DC.
>>
>>81818354
He's being sarcastic, silly.
>>
>>81815338
From the thumbnail, it looks like he's got the red briefs back, but they're slipping off
>>
>>81844782
Which would be great if they were in a JL book, this is a Superman book, no need for this many crossovers.
>>
>>81815004
will he ever come back? Hoping Johns will pull some crazy shit and have him appear in Justice League
>>
>>81814956
Pic related is making me think of that seen from Naoki Urasawa's Monster.
>>
File: 1454220418592.png (161 KB, 315x330) Image search: [Google]
1454220418592.png
161 KB, 315x330
>all this talk of DC being shit
>mfw Supes is my favorite hero
>mfw DC arent doing anything good with him
Maybe I'll take a break from superhero comics for a bit and look into other stuff
>>
>>81817420
>the ancient armor from Jim Lee's jackoff material in 1994
>>
>>81818902
Those people never have mental issues after killing people.
>>
>>81847684
I'm pretty much in the same place.
>>
>>81831260
To be fair, that movie and the arc it was based on were really, really shit.
>>
>>81817986
I think all the cities except for New 52 Earth 2 were sent back where they belong.
Meanwhile, E-2 has found out the planet Telos gave them to replace Earth(which has been taken over by Apokolips) has no natural resources.
>>
>>81826063
I'm still not even sure if Flashpoint was originally a hard reboot. In some ways, I kinda wished it wasn't and in others, I'm glad it was.
>>
File: DC_The_New_52_poster[1].jpg (231 KB, 625x813) Image search: [Google]
DC_The_New_52_poster[1].jpg
231 KB, 625x813
>>81849518
I'm glad we got those great books!
>>
>>81815949
They rejected that?

WTF! Fuck DC.
>>
>>81849345
I hate DC for destroying Robinson's work.

But i don't want to derail the thread. I,just want to say, I loved Morrison's run, liked Johns run, and was indifferent to the rest. Lois and Clark is okay too. But FUCK coming of the supermen
>>
someone post the superman design with the red weightlifting belt

that was a very neat idea that is sort of the natural evolution of his design's "circus strongman" theme
>>
File: COIE12HadEnough.jpg (220 KB, 869x546) Image search: [Google]
COIE12HadEnough.jpg
220 KB, 869x546
>>81844506

If you think about it, it's kind of odd that that story was published just a few months after Earth-2 Superman killing the Anti-Monitor was portrayed as an heroic victory.
>>
>>81816676
>Fuck, my best friend is dying
>Wait, his hot cousin soon will have no living relatives except her evil father
>And I DO need a new Robin...
>*zip*
>>
>>81834861
I wonder how it felt for Kara and Barry to watch themselves die
>>
>>81846625
So is Moses.
>>
Which trades should I get?
>>
>>81852940

There was a mini that focused more on Kara learning about how she was going to die in her original world (Convergence: Adventures of Superman).

In the end though, this time they seem to win without sacrifices.
>>
>>81853429
>>
>>81847424
Two characters appearing on the cover doesn't make it a crossover
>>
>>81817208
It's a valid complaint cause its a valid complaint. *starts bitching about movies* there's nothing autistic about expecting a storyteller to keep track of continuity.

Television series do it. Movies do it. Books do it. Ten year olds on fanfiction.net are expected to do it. Expect a little from what amounts to thirty pages of script for a character a month and everyone's autistic.

You're saying that having writers actually talk to each other every now and then is too much to ask for, meanwhile Dipshitgokussj over at wankfic.com can keep track of his characters and he's writing with one hand.

Autism isn't an argument. The editors have been asleep at the wheel.
>>
>>81853429
>>81853487
I've been away from DC since the new 52. What the fuck is even happening?
>>
>>81853709

Basically this
>>81817884

Convergence -> Lois & Clark

And the next phase will start with Rebirth where the Pre-Flashpoint Superman becomes the main Superman again somehow.

The other characters there in those two pages are from other domes taken from other timelines (Hal from a pre-Zero Hour dome, Barry and Kara from a Earth-1 Pre-Crisis one).
>>
>>81853865
I'm going to need an infographic.
>>
I'm reminded of this from when the New 52 was just getting started. I wonder if there will be a follow up.
>>
>>81852295
>>81816130
Source that it was just a reject? I can't seem to find anything.
>>
File: ECVUVZg.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ECVUVZg.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>
File: lJD7NmI.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
lJD7NmI.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81854637
>>
File: mddy2cf.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
mddy2cf.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81854648
>>
File: g671vw3.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
g671vw3.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.