[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 is the year of Superhero films what superhero film are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
2016 is the year of Superhero films

what superhero film are you looking forward to?
>>
>>81758996
One that doesn't suck or disappoint. So basically none.

Sure, Marvel's ok, but I've given up as a DC fag. We're humilaited, defeated, and clearly lost the battle. We lost. I'm done trying to excuse the DC movies for their crappiness, but I can't deny it anymore. When something as epic as Batman V Superman is fucking RUINED, you know there's no going back.

I'm fucking done with heroes.
>>
a power rangers flick would be nice
>>
>>81759217
the film will most likely suck.
>>
>>81759113
Thats weird cos as a Marvel fan all my life the one i'm looking forward to the most is Suicide Squad.

Actually no thats not true. Dr. Strange edges it out by a little cos hes my fav. But in a very close second is Suicide Squad. Movie just looks like it'll be entertaining as all hell and i'm interested in how david ayer handles the property.
>>
File: PowerRangersMovie2017_Cast.jpg (244 KB, 575x361) Image search: [Google]
PowerRangersMovie2017_Cast.jpg
244 KB, 575x361
>>81759217
Next year, anon
>>
File: perfection.png (84 KB, 252x237) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
84 KB, 252x237
Kinda hype for suicide squad.
>>
>>81758996
>what superhero film are you looking forward to?
The last one. So the Moviefags will leave.
>>
>>81758996
SS
>>
>>81758996
I'd like a Kamen Rider movie that didn't suck
>>
File: PEACHY.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
PEACHY.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>81759113
>We're humilaited, defeated, and clearly lost the battle.

Well of course you are with that shitty attitude.

They're just fucking movies. It's not like the end of the world if one gets critically panned.

As for me,

>quite enjoyed BvS although I understand why it's getting shat on by critics and casual audiences
>pretty fucking hyped for Civil War if only for more of the Best Cap, Daddy Hawk and Ant-Man (Team Iron Man can suck a dick, Team Cap has all the best characters)
>Can't wait to see the Strange trailer
>Suicide Squad looks great and eager to see what Ayers makes of the characters

/co/ and /tv/ need to pull the sticks out of their asses and learn how to stop taking shit as life-or-death and staking their whole identities on box office returns to validate themselves.
>>
>>81759545
That will NEVER happen. The only ones that are close are some of the W ones
>>
File: 1437692806768.jpg (65 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1437692806768.jpg
65 KB, 600x338
>>81759545
>What is Megamax
>Full Throttle
>God Speed Love
>Paradise Lost
>ZO and J
>>
>>81759643
>>81759618

Fuck I forgot about A to Z for some reason. Adding that on.
>>
who else is enjoying Amazons
>>
File: 1336073744027.png (16 KB, 300x601) Image search: [Google]
1336073744027.png
16 KB, 300x601
>>81760118

>watch the I, Zombie finale
>then immediately pull up Amazons ep. 2

I was unprepared for this level of feels tonight
>>
>>81759594
Captain Cold solo when?
>>
>>81761576

I would fucking love a Rogues spin-off. Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell make a great Cold/Heatwave duo and I would totally watch a miniseries of them running Heists in the CWverse.
>>
Looking forward towards all the cape movies, because those and the huge huge blockbusters are the only movies i actually pay to watch in theaters. BvS was a major disappointment. I think i'll enjoy the most in this order.

Civil War > Doctor Strange > Suicide Squad > Xmen > BvS 3 hour cut
>>
Well they will certainly get a season on Flash.

No way they cast those two, plus Liam Mcyntire (Spartacus) as weather wizard and Mark Hamill as trickster without having big rogue plans.
>>
>>81761968
>Civil War > Doctor Strange > Suicide Squad > Xmen > BvS 3 hour cut
I'm really burnt out by the Marvel stuff as the Disney formula kind of makes everything same same but in a different skin. I must also be the only person who thought Winter Soldier was the worst movie yet (I really hate that face swapping plot device). I also hate robot characters, so I've never bothered with an Ironman movie. For me its:

BvS 3 hour cut > Suicide Squad > Possibly Dr Strange (if it breaks the mould)
>>
Capeshit Squad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHlI3AKWRwE
>>
>>81762332

I have no fucking clue where everything will end up on my list. I actually really liked BvS, so it's still up in the air whether Doctor Strange will deliver as strong as other origin movies like Iron Man, Guardians or Ant-Man, and whether or not CW will be hampered by its hugely expanded cast.

Suicide Squad I hope to enjoy a lot too.
>>
File: Baneposting Squad Poster.png (187 KB, 819x343) Image search: [Google]
Baneposting Squad Poster.png
187 KB, 819x343
>>81762462
forgot image
>>
>>81762465
>I actually really liked BvS
Fatman on batman summed it up well for me. I liked it in spite of itself. It was a pretty poorly put together movie, but I'll be damned if shit like the Darkseid, Flash and Aquaman nods/cameos didn't have me hard in the cinema.
>>
>>81762755

Yeah that's why I'm interested in the extended cut.

Fuck I just want them to release ALL the cut footage that's finished and let people take a crack at making fan edits.
>>
File: X Movie Team Up.jpg (532 KB, 2048x1151) Image search: [Google]
X Movie Team Up.jpg
532 KB, 2048x1151
>>>/m/ with you and me
>>
>>81762755

My biggest problem with it is just the dream-logic sequencing and continuity between plot points and scenes, and making Supes mopey and passive again.
>>
>>81762332
>Disney formula kind of makes everything same same but in a different skin
Okay, I keep hearing this critic but I simply don't see it. How are the Disney/Marvel movies samey? Can someone explain to me?
>>
>>81758996
Is that Hongo? Why is he so fucking buff?
>>
>>81763344
Because he lifts.
>>
From what I remember 2011 was the year of the superhero movie.
>>
>>81763344

They wanted to give him a suit that's more plausible for the actor in his current shape to be fitting in.
>>
>>81760315
What's amazons?
>>
>>81758996
Doctor Strange and to a far lesser degree SS. Civil War is kind of whatever. I think it'll be pretty good but I'm just really not interested in the CW story. Especially not as a Cap movie.
>>
>>81763764
Kamen Rider Amazons, a new Kamen Rider series being exhibited in Japan at the moment, it's a remake of Kamen Rider Amazon an old kamen rider series, and more focused for the adult audience.
>>
>>81763764

New miniseries Toei is releasing this year as part of Rider's 45th anniversary. Exclusively hosted on Amazon Prime. No, not joking.

It goes for a darker, more mature horror-oriented tone to pretty good effect, and has some good writing and acting talent behind it (unlike the FIRST/NEXT movies which attempted something similar and failed hilariously)
>>
>>81759113
Jesus dude, it's just a movie.
Go read classic comics, they're better then new stuff and still just as good
>>
>>81764021
>it's a remake of Kamen Rider Amazon

No it has nothing in common with the original Amazon series other than the name.
>>
>>81764118
>unlike the FIRST/NEXT movies which attempted something similar and failed hilariously)
I know, I just used remake because I didn't knew what is the specific name for what they're doing.
Adaptation?
>>
>>81764224

Homage

Main character just pulled off a Daisetsudan finisher to boot.
>>
>>81764224
Why did I greentext'd that?
>>
>>81764327

If text is highlighted when you click on a post to quote, it gets greentexted in the reply box, regardless of whether it's the same post you're quoting or not
>>
>>81759217
It's going to be dark and edgy apparently
>>
>>81764528
Has "make a lighthearted IP dark and edgy" ever worked out for the better?
>>
>>81759113
WAHHHH I HATE EVERYTHING
>>
>>81764782

Well funnily enough it's working pretty fucking well for Amazons as people have noted in here.
>>
>>81763239
>Okay, I keep hearing this critic but I simply don't see it. How are the Disney/Marvel movies samey? Can someone explain to me?

>Low tension
It's like the movies have an unwritten jokes per 5 rule, you have to have at least a joke or quip every 5 minutes to keep the film light hearted. This keeps things happy and friendly, but it's near impossible for a villain to be built up as a threat or for a situation to be tense when everyone in the scene is always cracking jokes.

Who was the last Marvel Villian that you thought was even going to scratch the hero? Let alone win.
When was the last time something in the movie was seriously at stake (for the viewer)? We had an evil elf in London trying to take over the world (or something) and Thor caught an underground train, that undermines the villain and the stakes to the point that there simply is no tension. It's the same when you have the avengers bashing invaders over the head without breaking a sweat whilst taking the piss and laughing about it, clearly there is no threat. All of the movies do this, remember ant man cracking the train crash joke in the middle of the main fight?

All of the movies trade tension and villain quality out for family fun, all the time.

>Safe (boring) plots
The plots are all generic and boring, God forbid Disney/Marvel piss off soccer Moms. I feel this is why we have something like 74 dead from the war in NYC. There are never any risks taken. TFA was a direct copy of ANH with feminism shoved in. All the origin stories (that I have seen) follow a near identical structure:

Act 1 downtrodden woe is me hero (Thor cast out, Antman can't get a job, Cap won't get into the army)
Act 2 Receives powers and has some inner worry about worth. Villain rises to power
Act 3 Embraces new self and destroys villain (who jobs at this point).

I mean, I can't even remember what happened in the Avengers movies because nothing interesting is ever explored, and that's the case for all of the movies.
>>
>>81764862
But Kamen Rider has had "darker" seasons in the past
>>
>>81764862
To be fair, KR could be pretty dark and edgy at points. The original Amazon was.
>>
>>81758996
i fucking hate this year already
>>
>>81764931

Amazon the original series could be brutal, but the effects and costumes were so cheap, and was still aimed at kids so the actual plots and characters tended to the silly side.
>>
>>81759113
stay mad kid
>>
>>81764931
>>81764978
Yeah the original Amazon ripped monsters apart with his claws and they sprayed "blood" everywhere.
>>
>>81764782
Gamera
>>
>>81759113
>>81759594

The weird thing is at least DC has the Flash show which makes up for a lot of their failures on the big screen.
>>
>>81772331

Flash S2 has been disappointing m8. Zoom is a crap villain and they've blown an entire season on him.
>>
>>81772566

Yeah but I think the formula really isn't working the whole "looming big bad long-term but flavor-of-the-week short term" with Zoom.
>>
>>81758996
FUCKING GHOST RIDER GOD DAMNIT
Punisher too
Basically all the shit that they fucked up in the past and likely won't make anytime soon
>>
>>81764879
Onto that I'd add that visually they're mostly very similar, too, in quite a boring way. Serviceable, but they don't really do anything interesting with the medium of film as a visual medium.

I think Doctor Strange might change this formula up, though, so here's hoping.
>>
>>81764879
>Who was the last Marvel Villian that you thought was even going to scratch the hero? Let alone win.

To be fair, I feel like Ant-Man managed to have a main character who could crack jokes and a legitimately threatening main villain.

Winter Soldier also, but that feels like an exception to a lot of Marvel's formula rules thus far.

I really enjoyed Guardians, too, but I'll admit that Ronan never really felt like a threat to the characters.
>>
>>81763344
Because Cyborg or not, Hongo got OLD. Guy can't keep up with the baddies being pumped out by the newest iteration of Shocker, so he got this form to compensate for the difference in power.
>>
Suicide Squad, I think the last superhero movie I saw was dofp. If SS is awful, I'm pretty much done with them.
>>
I'm excited for everything except X-Men for some reason. Never really liked the franchise since they don't quite feel like X-Men movies. The Jlaw shilling is annoying.

Probably most excited for Civil War, Cap movies have always been my favorite. Deadpool was good, Squad and Strange also look great. The only disappointment was BvS, hopefully that won't happen with the rest.
>>
>>81759594
Do you think they're trying to get people to like cap more.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7360123
>>
File: 1456758118276.jpg (40 KB, 311x339) Image search: [Google]
1456758118276.jpg
40 KB, 311x339
>>81762988
>Links to /m/
>Posts Ultraman
>>
>>81775065
There's an Ultraman general on /m/, mate.
>>
I'm really looking forward to Superman vs. Batman! What an interesting premise!
>>
>>81775079
Why?
>>
>>81764224
reimagining
>>
>>81775101
Where else would you put it? Nobody wants to have to step foot in /tv/ and /jp/ doesn't want it.
>>
>>81758996
Dr. Strange.

I want to see how they deal with the magic stuff in the MCU.
>>
>>81759113
Calm down, man.

1. It's just a movie.
2. It's easy to fix this shit: Warner needs to create a DC Movie Studio.
3. Fire that hack that's in charge of the DC Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>81764879
>Who was the last Marvel Villian that you thought was even going to scratch the hero? Let alone win.
Aldrich Killian fucking ruined Tony if I recall correctly.
>>
>>81758996
Showa vs Heisei was good?
>>
>>81775673
Nope. Plus the Showa Riders have an absolutely retarded reason for attacking the Heisei Riders.
>>
>>81775772
>Showa vs Heisei was so bad that now Toei is letting Hiroshi Fujioka write the next Kamen Rider Ichigou movie
>Batman V Superman was so bad that now WB is letting Ben Affleck write the next Batman movie
Is this that Hipercrisis that /co/ is always going on about?
>>
the ninja turtles
>>
>>81775901
I thought Ben Affleck was always going to write the movie.
>>
Is there any reason Decade would not just stomp everybody the way he did in his own movie in all future movies afterwards?
>>
>>81759113
completely agree with this man.
we DC fans have been humiliated beyond belief. bat is supposed to show up and the movie should be perfect because of that. now we have fucking endless chris evans laughing memes next and all the dceu has its sad affleck going for it. fuck i hate you snyder. you fucking embarassed us. i was in so many threads defending this film im just glad i got to remain anonymous because this shit is fucking embarassing. fuck it.
>>
>>81775954
anti-plot armor.
>>
>>81758996
>>>/tv/
>>
>>81759113
>We're humilaited, defeated, and clearly lost the battle.

This was me, until I realized nobody outside of /co/ (By that I mean people that actually affect m) gave a shit. I still wear a Superman shirt every other day and things are still the same.
>>
File: Decade has no story.jpg (261 KB, 1280x2160) Image search: [Google]
Decade has no story.jpg
261 KB, 1280x2160
>>81775954
The real reason: it's not his story. Every Rider does some amount of jobbing when they're out of the spotlight and Decade is no exception.
Which also ties in Decade role in a meta way, he is whatever the Multiverse needs him to be, which means that depending of the needs of the story he can job to some mooks at one time and then be powerful enough to stomp every Rider in existence a little later, sometimes in the same movie.
>>
>>81775959
DC still has the Big Guy Meme, and Lex has that " COKE V PEPSI" shit on him that gets a good thread every now and then. I mean if a movie makes you feel humiliated then you're already an embarrassment to normal people. I mean I guess 9GAG o MemeLover (Whatever it was called) probably has an influx of those, but I don't visit em. My NormieBook Feed is actually pleasantly filled with people still rooting for the DCEU and a few old fags I'm friends with who really disliked Man of Steel enjoyed BvS. I mean the new Suicide Squad trailer just launched and that got some traction among my peers, some dude even asked me to lend him some of my Batman and Superman trades. I guess in a funny sort of way it worked.
>>
>>81776198
Maybe I was blinded as a long time fan, but when it aired, I actually liked Decade. The newer series have made me lost interest in the franchise though (Wizard sucked, Gaim was weird as shit and Ghost is the first one I've dropped from the get go). Thanks Toei for Amazons, man
>>
>>81777114
What about Drive?
>>
>>81777474
Drive picks up in the second half and goes full traditional Kamen Rider by the end.
>>
>>81777512
Tomari was going FULL JUSTICE on the third episode, Drive's the most traditional Kamen Rider series in years in that regard. As you'd expect from a Rider who's day-job is in law enforcement.
>>
2016 was big, but next year is bigger imo.

- Justice League (even bigger than BvS)
- Thor 3 (final entry to Thor franchise)
- GotG 2
- Wolverine 3 (Hugh Jackman's final movie)
- Wondy (hopefully first good female led cape movie)
- Tom Holland Spidey solo movie
>>
>>81759348
Why the black guy not the Black Ranger? And why is the Yellow Ranger not the an Asian? The Red Ranger looks like hes suppose to be the Blue Ranger, no leadership charisma at all. Asian guy should be Red. Man, the Zords better look good and have at least 50% screen time. And they better not look like goddamn Michael Bay Transformers with spikes everywhere.
>>
>>81777954
Zords are not even in 50% of the episode.
>>
Will the Japanese ever get their own Avengers?

>There's only one Kami-sama, Usagi-dono. And I'm quite sure he doesn't dress like that, de gozaru.
>>
>>81762332
>mould

Thanks for your shitty opinion, chav.
>>
>>81758996
the announcement for plans for a The Boys film substituting the crude but poignant capecomic savvy for crude but poignant film superhero savvy. Because this shit needs to end. it hasn't been any good for about 7 years now, it needs to stop this limp that's comprised more than 50% of its lifespan and just be put out of its misery. We need to have this delusional hope of "it could still be good" dealt with by having it mocked into the ground.
>>
>>81758996
Can someone please tell me what's so bad about BvS? I quite enjoyed it myself despite Lex not being Lex and the whole movie isn't quite literally about Batman and Superman.
>>
File: SHT_All_Riders_and_Sentai.jpg (513 KB, 1915x1067) Image search: [Google]
SHT_All_Riders_and_Sentai.jpg
513 KB, 1915x1067
>>81778152
They already did
>>
>>81779298
We don't talk about that movie
>>
>>81778080
RIGHT?! That clown is proof that most toku fans are retarded, sadly.
>>
>>81759113
>we we we we we we we we

You fucking reddit cross posters man. You arent a DC fan faggot. You watch DC movies. There is a difference. If you were youd know how much better DC comics has been than Marvel over the last 5 years and not be such an assblasted little poser faggot.
>>
>>81774981
V3 and ZX are missing from that(and technically Riderman as well)
>>
>>81764862
Amazon was originally fairly gorey. not really edgy though. TOMODACHIIIIIIIII
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.