[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw the SS Blitz trailer. God I hope this movie isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
I just saw the SS Blitz trailer.

God I hope this movie isn't bad. That trailer looked so fucking good, I really don't want this to suck because I'm pretty much sold on everything (except Harley). I've even taken to LetoJoker even though I still don't like the look.

Please don't suck.
>>
>>81756626
I hope so too. I'm not sold on some of the designs and stuff but it looks interesting enough that I'll get on for the ride.
>>
>>81756626

Best lower your hopes after BVS and just be pleasantly surprised when it's actually good.
>>
>>81756626
Just watched both(?) trailers for the first time. I agree, Harley looks like the weak link.
>>
Its possible everything Superman related just sucks, I mean Batman was pretty solid in BvS. I think SS will do well, plus it has the benefit of a rotating roster for sequels.
>>
This film is going to be an absolute disaster. I want to be wrong, but every trailer so far looks like this is going be just fall apart within the first ten minutes.
>>
>>81757340
I want to believe in Ayer
>>
Even if the movie sucks it can't be denied that that's a god tier trailer.
>>
It'll end up being about as good as Sabotage.
>>
>>81757478
Yeah but I don't want it to be like MoS where the trailers were fucking GOAT and the movie not so good because then I just get sad when I rewatch the trailers months later
>>
So do you think Joker will have party gag weapons or joker toxin in this universe?
>>
File: 1453892263705.jpg (10 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1453892263705.jpg
10 KB, 320x287
>>81756626
Capt. Boomerang looks good but I don't like that they're making him a screaming psycho instead of just a dick

Croc is apparently going to be MCU Drax 2.0 so I'm not looking forward to that

Deadshoot is just Will Smith

I've never read anything with Diablo in it but so far I'm not impressed with the cholo stereotype he seems to be playing like in all of Ayer's film.

Enchantress/Incubus looks like a ripoff of The Ring and The Descent

Robotcop Flagg is pretty lame so far

It's looks like they're actually doing more with Slipknot than the comics ever did, which is a plus.

Harley Quinn looks like she'll easily be the worst part of the movie. Her jokes are cringey and I still hate her design.

Leto Joker I think will be the best part of the movie. Yeah his design looks like shit but he sells me as The Joker. Seeing him and Batffleck together for the first time will be awesome (hopefully).

Katana is just as boring as she is in the comic books
>>
>>81756626
I hope so because id love a DCEU, i am hyped for anything not under Snyder
>>
>>81757772

this pasta is getting stale
>>
File: hype intensifies.gif (181 KB, 190x152) Image search: [Google]
hype intensifies.gif
181 KB, 190x152
>>81756626
The teeth make sense because those aren't grills. I forget the procedure name, but it's the poor man's solution to getting your mouth knocked on multiple occasions.

As for the tats, the tats are the tats. The Joker would do something retarded like that.

But yeah, I agree. I'm hype. This looks good and I also can't wait for Dr. Strange!
>>
Whos ready for Arkham cameos?
>Glass cell with clayface
>Mad Hatter having tea with other inmates
>Nygma reading a book of riddles
>>
File: 1429040056622.gif (199 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1429040056622.gif
199 KB, 320x240
>>81756626
>there will be at least one joke about how Joker wants to make Croc into an article of clothing
>>
>>81757559
He threw a bomb at Batman
>>
File: idiot.png (110 KB, 1590x760) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
110 KB, 1590x760
>>81757882
>pasta
>>
>>81759185

> Not understanding the true meaning of pasta

Embarrassing
>>
>>81756626
I still think Leto Jokers design is fucking autistic
>>
>>81759241
>let me just make up new definitions to keep myself from looking stupid
You give DC fans a bad name
>>
>>81759331
It really is but I can live with it
>>
>>81759331
Get rid of the tats, give him back his eyebrows and make him entirely bleached and it's perfect desu
>>
>>81756626

Is he wearing a CROC SKIN JACKET?
>>
>>81760461
of course
>>
Wait, does Ben Affleck actually appear in the movie, or is it going to be a different guy representing younger Batfella?
>>
File: otRtCkP[1].png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
otRtCkP[1].png
1 MB, 1920x816
>>81756626
>not liking mob boss Joker

He's basically a Scarface version of the Joker.
>>
File: SYE3FlG[2].gif (2 MB, 512x211) Image search: [Google]
SYE3FlG[2].gif
2 MB, 512x211
>>81757772
>Capt. Boomerang looks good but I don't like that they're making him a screaming psycho instead of just a dick
>implying
>>
>>81757772
>>81757177
>>81756626
>(except Harley)

Hating on literally the only good character.
>>
>>81759475
But he is bleached
>>
>>81760798
Hes more like David Bowie mixed with Azz's Joker
>>
>>81760975
I see nobody hating on Katana
>>
I think it looks great, OP. It looks like they're doing a modern Squad 'look' with some Ostrander plots and characterization. Enchantress is clearly a villain in the movie. Slipknot looks like he's going to go out like he goes out in the comics. I'm fine with Leto Joker, but I think the best casting so far is definitely Amanda Waller.
>>
>>81760928
So I can understand why someone would be interested in conscripting Captain Boomerang in the comics since he's just a normal guy who can somehow go up against the Flash on a regular basis. That's a pretty formidable reputation.

But what's so special about this guy since Flash isn't even in the DCEU yet?
>>
>>81761200
The Flash does exist though, we just don't know the extent to which he uses his powers beyond that security cam footage. Maybe he caught Boomerang and literally ran him back to Australia.
>>
>>81761200
Well he is a formidable marksman, just not one people are used to. Also gritty hand to hand. But for the sake of argument lets say hes had a profitable career in mercenary work that got him noticed. Certainly better than Slipknot
>>
>>81761428
Can we seriously just make Boomerang a reoccurring cameo in Flash movies? Or at least have the Rogues mention him like a guy they dont like working with anymore
>>
>>81761671
Just say he wouldn't live by Snart's No kill code
>>
>>81761741
That.......and hes a complete dick
>You know Snart we could call Boomer to help with The F-
>WE ARE NOT DOING THAT
>>
>They replace Boomerang with some shitter like Tarpit or Fallout
>>
>>81761907
>I know he fingerbanged your sister, but we got to move past tha-.
>[ICED COLD]
>>
>>81761200
Deadshot used up their psychos with guns allowance and Waller had to look for all the freaks going around using antiques.
>>
>>81762008
Dude the movie is fucking filmed.
>>
>>81762008
Fuck that, I will drop the sequel like a bag of hammers if Boomerang isnt in. They can drop Croc and add Shark, or maybe add Livewire or Sportsmaster
>>
>>81761907
>There's a boomerang stuck halfway in the meeting room table and every time someone is about to mention Boomerang they just kinda look at it, look away and don't.
>>
>>81762140
The Flash movie, as in how we're talking about Boomerang's potential Flash films
>>
>>81762008
>>81762182
At the end of this movie the squad is apparently Tom Tresser, Boomerang, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn and the Tattooed Man.

I would like to see Bronze Tiger, Nightshade and Poison Ivy added to that roster.
>>
>>81762286
>They realized Will Smith would try to break the bank in a sequel
Smart way to do it. Or Deadshot just dies in the Ostrander run anyway I don't know i never read it
>>
>>81762210
>Hes at their usual bar
>Things get awkward
>>
>>81762350
Okay so 1) you should go read the Ostrander run like right fucking now. It's so good.

2) They don't kill him, but he leaves the squad. It's open enough for him to come back in a sequel or not.
>>
>>81762355
>He walks into their usual bar carrying in a six pack of Victoria Bitter
>>
>>81762459
Do I start at Trial By Fire? or read Deadshot's thing in '88 first
>>
>>81762577
On the Ostrander squad you can just start with Suicide Squad #1 and read all the way to #66, it's all good. You don't have to bother with anything else - there's Legends slightly before it and Deadshot's thing about a year after it launches but neither is necessary.

The squad's roster changes a lot and there are some tie-ins but it's never impossible to follow. The fluid roster is a good thing IMO.
>>
>>81758091
I think the whole trashy gangbanger tattoos are making it look like a grill instead of a dental thing
Well, maybe its both. Either way the tattoos are stupid, and to anyone saying "well he cut off his face" just because its in comics doesn't mean its not dumb as hell
Is hero Academia Anime good
>>
>>81763560
I haven't watched it but the manga is great.
>>
>>81757772
>Capt. Boomerang looks good but I don't like that they're making him a screaming psycho instead of just a dick
The scenes showing Boomers personality in the trailers makes him out to be an asshole
and in Ostranders run he was screaming when he wasn't making some distasteful remark
>>81761200
>But what's so special about this guy since Flash isn't even in the DCEU yet?
Marksman, a dirty fighter, a relatively successful costumed villain
The latter is all you need to get on the Squad
Not sure what else they'll throw on his resume in the movie
>>
>>81760997
Look at his chest
>>
>>81763643
cool, I was just seeing if it was a shit adaptation (because lord knows we get a those a lot, but I like me some animation)
>>
>>81763560
So far it's pretty much the exact same as the manga. There's only been two episodes and it's all been the All Might power origin stuff so it's kind of hard to judge the anime with no flashy set pieces so far like One Punch Man. Like I said though, it's pretty much a 1:1 for the manga so that's cool.
>>
>>81764705
I think that's mainly just lighting. His chest looks completely white when he's shirtless in the trailers.
>>
>>81769077
Yeah both he and Harley are bleached in this movie.
>>
>>81760798
Isn't Mr.J always portray as a psycho mob boss in the film?
>>
>>81756626
>Kick some butt!
>>
File: 1416529089560.jpg (9 KB, 239x210) Image search: [Google]
1416529089560.jpg
9 KB, 239x210
I can't get over the terrible design of Leto's Joker.

I really wanted to but I can't.

It reminds of those goth / gangster shoops of various characters (ranging from Disney Princesses to Harry Potter) that were huge on MySpace.

It's tacky, dated, weird, and 2edgy all at the same time.

I'm not even oppossed to Mr. J having tattoos as a whole but I just don't care for their design.

Sorry lads, can someone explain the appeal of this to me?

Am I just NOT MUH JOKERing or?
>>
>>81771787
>>
>>81771870
>Am I just NOT MUH JOKERing or?

Yes, time to go to bed, gramps.
>>
>>81757772
>I'm not impressed with the cholo stereotype he seems to be playing like in all of Ayer's film.
And it's an accurate portrayal every time.
>>
File: 1460355147350.png (95 KB, 400x353) Image search: [Google]
1460355147350.png
95 KB, 400x353
>>
>>81760975
>HAHA THOSE QUIPS!!
>MMMM SO SEXY MY DICK IS PLEASED
>Good character

Yeah whatever fatty
>>
>>81762459

Apparently Ben Afflecks Batman movie is a Good, the Bad and The Ugly style film with Deadshot, Batman and Joker
>>
>>81760798
Looks like he's talking to Common/Tattooed man. Look at the mirror.
>>
>>81773829
>Bat with no Name shoots Deadshot and leaves Joker hanging
At least that's how I remember that movie, been awhile.
>>
>People still shitting on Boomerang

The based facts of this based man don't lie
>Clearly an asshole
>Complete Bogan
>Kills monster while holding a stuffed animal
>Mocks his pals for encouragement
>Drinks martinis
>Can have a beer on the job

Hell I'd let him beat me up.
>>
>>81773968
Doubt it would be an exact lift but I'd say its more or less "Under the Red Hood" with Deadshot wanting to kill Joker because Joker killed his daughter or whatever.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.