[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: JonahHex.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
JonahHex.jpg
337 KB, 1280x1024
what went wrong?
>>
Not trusting the source material for starters. So much to mine from the 70's and at the time the film was in production Palmiotti and Grey's god tier run was out. Hell they could have built a franchise just on that

But nope, they gave Jonah super powers and did not take the character seriously. I think this was the time Green lantern came out too and both films has the same plastic just shit something out and the nerds will love it tone.

Its starting to get sad watching Warner Bros shoot itself in the ass in just about every DC property
>>
They didn't make it a western. It was basically unimpressive steampunk with southern accents.
Also, everything >>81755648 said.
Being a DC fan is suffering
>>
>>81755220
Warner Brothers happened. They tend to shoot itself on their own feet a lot more than not.
It is obvious WB confused or even don't like comic book movie in general.
>>
He had superpowers for some reason.
>>
>>81755916
Thats right! I forgot about the steampunk stuff

Ugh..I DO remember about the movie leaving the theater pissed off

I went in expecting a good western and it was nothing more then Wild Wild West with less jokes.

I really wish whoever is in charge of the DC movies at Warner Bros would get fired. Hell fire the whole development dept for DC films
>>
Better question is what went right
>>
Megan Fox.
>>
>>81756384
I kinda get the WB does not like it's comic book end either as far as films are concerned unless its Batman who its its only cash cow in cape films.

Its sad because there is so much there that COULD be a great cape film. But on the other hand they have pretty much dominated TV. Something Marvel has had a hard time to crack but took its game to Netflix.

Warner Bros just does not take its comic books seriously for films as Disney does for Marvel.

Again unless its Batman but then again they Shumaker the rains for that
>>
>>81757001
I concur. For all the advantage WB have over Marvel (pre Disney), such as head start of their comic book property to film/show for almost 40 years. Somehow WB keep running in circle on repeating their mistakes.
>>
What was with the whole waking up dead people to talk thing?
Was being a badass cowboy not enough??
>>
The big bad weapon was kind of impressive
Was no giant spider, though

Also nobody wanted to cover Megan Fox in scars
>>
>>81755220
It's a bad sign that the thread has gone on this long without even bringing up Megan Fox.
>>
>>81757903
She was the only good thing in it.
>>
>>81757970
That's even worse
>>
>>81757903

>>81756850
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.