[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aquaman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 313x470
Aquaman can control all the creatures of the sea right /co/? What about microbes/bacteria? If so couldn't he seriously fuck up his enemies by giving them sea ulcers or the flesh-eating bug?
>>
File: AquamanandPLankton.jpg (72 KB, 513x800) Image search: [Google]
AquamanandPLankton.jpg
72 KB, 513x800
He can control plankton so I guess he could control microbes too in theory.
>>
Yes, one example I can think of clearly is the beginning of the Flashpoint Paradox movie, where he summons microbes to diffuse a bomb. I'm not sure if he's done something similar in the comics, but he's hurt someone by sending signals to the part of his brain which evolved from ancient aquatic life, so I assume microbe control would be a simple matter compared to that.
>>
So what's the origin of his power?
Do all Atlanteans have his abilities?
Or is it a regal line thing?
Are the royalty of Atlantis inherently better?
Since there like fishpeople and shit down there, can the royalty of Atlantis slave them to their will?

Does Arthur ask fish to kill themselves so he may eat them?
Does he drive entire schools to death so his people can eat?
>>
>>81754994
The heck is happening to him
>>
>>81755629
It's just Arthur. It's because he's a metahuman, I don't know what the explanation was before the silver age.
>>
>>81756111
So he's a mutant on top of being a land/sea hybrid?
So exactly like Namor, gotcha
>>
>>81756181
So... would atlanteans count as sea creatures? Hypothetically speaking, would he be able to control Namor? Or it just a "non-sentient sea creatures" deal?
>>
>>81756286
Atlanteans are humans who have gone back to the sea though, so I guess they're as much sea creature as regular humans.
But there are fishy Atlanteans and other non-human sentients down there.
Aquaman could control them?
What about dolphins?
They're almost sentient.
Does he ask or does he compel them to help him?
>>
>>81756408
>compel

That's just another word for 'seduce'.
>>
>>81756408
Could Aquaman command Kanye West?
>>
>>81754837

He might have used his powers to control bacteria in Morrison's JLA but I'm not positive on that. It was also explained that his animal communication is a mild form of telepathy
>>
>>81756499
They're dolphins so that goes without saying.
Fucking sea-rapists.
>>
>>81756499
dolphin sex is surprisingly good
>>
>>81756535
The real question is that since Kanye has Troy McClure syndrome, is he attracted to Aquaman?
>>
>>81756181

But Namor is some weird faggot.

Aquaman is legitimately cool.
>>
>>81756698
Are we in Bizzaro-/co/?
>>
>>81756408
>Atlanteans are humans who have gone back to the sea though

aren't they a whole different species, though? Homo mermanus or something like that - they are close enough to humans to mate, but not exactly the same.
>>
>>81756781
Still descended from humans, which puts them just as far from our primordial fishy ancestors as we are.
>>
>>81756698
This. I appreciate Namor as a character, but he's a totally unlikable idiot.
>>
>>81756985
> idiot

yes

> unlikeable

eh, he has his good days.
>>
>>81756985
>>81757091
Namor is fine with other characters.
Some characters are strong enough to support an entire series on their own.
Some are still great, but are best for supporting.

Namor is great because he is a willfull asshole who will always say what he wants and try to make that a reality.
That's a great character to have if you pair it with an indecisive one.
He creates action without necessarily being an antagonist.
>>
>>81756698
Namor is basically a sea pimp. Aquaman is cool don't get me wrong but Namor is far far cooler.

He isn't about no 'fighting bad guys' bullshit. He looks out for the interests of his people above all and except for that idiotic stint where they had him with the x-men (holy fuck that was dumb) he aint likely to go galavanting around with capes unless he has to.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.