[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brian K. Vaughan deserves to be on the same pedestal people hold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg (68 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg
68 KB, 300x462
Brian K. Vaughan deserves to be on the same pedestal people hold Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, and Frank Miller up to. Discuss.
>>
I agree, he does belong in the came category as those has-been fucks, considering none of them can write for shit anymore.
>>
No he doesn't. Thanks for playing.
>>
you are right. not long before every normie knows his name.

Under the Dome is doing pretty good on tv and it's put him in contact with lots of big names
>>
>>81748459
For what? Y: the Last Man? Saga is good, Y is good. Runaways is good. What else has he done? What's he done that's "great"?
>>
The only remotely ok thing he's ever written is Ex Machina. Saga is legitimately awfully written and Y; The Last Man...what is there to even say about that shit?
>>
Name a single way that he's changed or revolutionized comic books like any of the people you mentioned have? Did you accidentally mean to make this thread about Warren Ellis or something?
>>
File: 1414195272027.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1414195272027.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>
File: grant morrison.jpg (14 KB, 279x373) Image search: [Google]
grant morrison.jpg
14 KB, 279x373
bkv is literally the biggest indie creator currently

in the past year he's done saga, paper girls, we stand on guard, and his private eye story got onto hard cover now

not to mention the Y the last man tv production is in force

BKV is unstoppable
>>
File: face.gif (72 KB, 440x680) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
72 KB, 440x680
Brian K Vaughan stole the idea of aristrocratic machine men from Riceboy

discuss
>>
>>81748533
What are some good comic writers?
>>
>>81751669
> bkv is literally the biggest indie creator currently
No that would be Robert Kirkman swimming in his pool of Walking Dead money
>>
>>81752352
what does he do beside TWD? anything?

Saga is the walking dead of girl readers and hes even got more series up his sleeve
>>
He does not push the medium like those other. His scripts are very TV-like.
>>
>>81752415
Yeah, but that's comics money. Kirkman gets royalty fees from all the WD shit coming out. And I'm pretty sure he's the sole owner since he bought out Tony Moore before the show aired
>>
>>81752415
Invincible.
>>
What has he done to revolutionize comics or something big? I mean if you say just because he is popular you might as well say Bendis is Moore level...
>>
>>81752415
>Saga is the walking dead of girl readers

I don't get this

it's overrated and gone on too long?
>>
No he doesn't. The man tells a good story but his comics don't take advantage of the medium or push it forward. I would put him on a tier a couple notches below those guys.
>>
>>81752247
Not that Anon, but personally I'm a fan of
Kyle Baker
Alison Bechdel
Chester Brown
Emily Carroll
Paul Chadwick
Rosalind Chast (Roz)
Dan Clowes
Michael Deforge
Guy Delisle
Will Eisner
Jean Giraud (Moebius)
Brandon Graham
Gilbert Hernandez (Beto)
Jaime Hernandez (Xaime)
Marc-Antoine Mathieu
David Mazzucchelli
Joe Sacco
John Arne Sæteroy (Jason)
Joann Sfar
Dash Shaw
Dave Sim
Lewis Trondheim
Chris Ware
and Jim Woodring
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.