[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make a batsuit as awesome as the arkham series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: batman-arkham-knight.jpg (168 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
batman-arkham-knight.jpg
168 KB, 600x446
Is it possible to make a batsuit as awesome as the arkham series for a live-action movie?
>>
>>81743892
Probably.
It'd likely look less cool because they're limited to working with costuming materials that exist only in physical reality instead of using metal chest plates and armplates and boots that look kickass but would be impractical to wear during filming.
>>
>>81743892
Might cost the same to just make a cgi movie
>>
>>81743892
>>81743955
I think it's pretty impractical to make period. Do you remember how the plates of the Batsymbol moved on his chest. There's so much crazy detail with gears and hinges that would have to be animated to fill in the gaps. You'd might as well just do what they do with the Ironman suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB7TGNdrNE
>>
Is OP asking for an actual Batman or just an Iron Man Bat-Buster armor?
>>
File: 1-BATSUIT-V7.43.png (144 KB, 375x464) Image search: [Google]
1-BATSUIT-V7.43.png
144 KB, 375x464
>>81743892

I hate the Arkham Knight one and how early he got it. I was fine with the initial suit in the game though.
>>
File: PRINCEUGGH.gif (1 MB, 364x297) Image search: [Google]
PRINCEUGGH.gif
1 MB, 364x297
>>81743892
>Liking IronBat
>>
>>81744283

All that complicated shit would just be CGI, which I'm sure is how the IM armor is handled. IIRC there is a real "armor" made of something light like plastic or foam that RDJ or stunt guy can and do wear in some scenes.

But CGI is so good now that they can easily just use that for any complicated armor shit.
>>
>>81744510
They actually designed the liquid armor suit t look like a wearable version of the batmobile.
>>
>>81743892
I honestly dislike how Batsuit looks in Knight. Something is derpy about it like Daredevil's new mask in Netflix's tv show.
>>
>>81744597

Iron Bat is much better than regular Batfag because he at least has a reason for not getting himself killed all the time and for being able to defeat super powerful enemies.

Not just lol he's batman.
>>
>>81744510
This. That suit is freaking perfect. Ditching it for the main game is just painful.

>>81745719
Also this. It looks decent from a 3/4ths perspective, but head on and any other angle you notice that the helmet's permanently tilted forward and the ears are practically needle-like.

Also, the shoulder pads. They're black to mimic the constant cape-over-the-shoulders look Arkham Bats has, but the cape clearly attaches over the shoulders. It looks dorky.

Overall it just looks top-heavy, with all the armor plating on the torso and arms but the legs mostly uncovered.
>>
>>81745768
Nah. That tacticool bullshit can fuck right off.
>>
File: 1435033404912.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435033404912.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>81743892
>>
>>81744597
>Batman Beyond isn't good
>>
>>81744510
You don't get the option to use that one again, do you?
>>
>>81743892
>>81744283
I love when they actually show the batfam's not-spandex is bulletproof (anyone got the page of Dick's deflecting a rifle round?), but I also love light armor suits. They just look fucking fantastic when they're 1.) actually designed well and 2.) look mobile. The games make you absorb exactly how all the joints and segments move around Bruce' muscles without strangling them.
>>
>>81750165
You can change your suit back at any time.
>>
Origins suit is the only good one.
>>
File: thisniggaserious_Reaction.gif (455 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
thisniggaserious_Reaction.gif
455 KB, 320x240
>>81750141
>that perfect blue V on Dick's chest
>no fingastripes
What a fucking waste.
>>
>>81751582
You forgot the shitty mask
>>81751576
>Thunder thighs
>Good
>>
>>81751582
Just a reminder that all fans of Dick are canonically gay.
>>
>>81745768
Arkham Knight's new Batsuit isn't "Iron Bat" and it's actually LESS armored then his earlier suit as Lucius actually tells you in the game, but it's lighter thanks to the MR-Fluid layers rather then layers of heavy kevlar. The Fear Takedown this is just mechanically a way to represent Batman moving faster and easier in the lighter suit.
You also probably shouldn't put much stock in game mechanics and how they relate to story outside of a very few videogames that the Arkhamverse are not actually a part of.
>>
>>81751918
Nah. Just love the suit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.