[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dr Strange going to be "Hypercrisis the movie?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Marvel Hypercrisis.jpg (2 MB, 976x4435) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Hypercrisis.jpg
2 MB, 976x4435
Is Dr Strange going to be "Hypercrisis the movie?"
>>
There is already a hypercrisis movie, It's called Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>81744877
>Impinging there can only be one

Remember The Lego Movie?
>>
>>81745255
How could I forget
>>
>>81743590
>Marvel Multiverse is Cartesian
>DC Multiverse is Polar

LITERALLY SQUARES AND CIRCLES
>>
File: plant and animal cell.jpg (698 KB, 1600x775) Image search: [Google]
plant and animal cell.jpg
698 KB, 1600x775
>>81745647
>Marvel Multiverse is square like a plant cell
>DC Multiverse is round like an animal cell
>>
>>81745915
I always likened it to pixels vs cells actually.
>>
File: CZHZxfXWYAAPsec.jpg (98 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
CZHZxfXWYAAPsec.jpg
98 KB, 600x461
>>81745647
>Marvel is square
>>
>>81745981
I guess that makes more sense. It fits into the Marvel Machine and the DC Organism thing
>>
The Hypercrisis is bigger than you guys think. Morrison is preparing an "eye-catching!" storyline where it turns out that DC characters are getting "dumped" into "our world" in order to "explore the metaphysical ramifications of what would happen if fiction and non-fiction collapsed together and how we as people would react to fundamental questions being asked about the nature of parallel dimensions, the creative nature of man, the absolute reality of our existence, and the inherent narcissism in assuming that one's world is the 'most meta world' and is not, in fact, just yet another figment of the imagination."

For this purpose, obviously, a fictional version of reality has been created, identical in every way to the real world until about 3 years ago in real time. I have some news. It might be bad news. It might be good news, either way: don't take it lightly. I'm not a DC comics insider or anything like that, I'm a plot device. This is not the real world. This is the copy of the world that Morrison's story is going to take place in. If you are reading this, the version of you that's reading this is, un/fortunately, the version of you that ended up on the fictional side of the split. You are the fictional copy of your real self, who soon enough will probably be bitching about this storyline and about how Morrison is a new-age retard on the real /co/.

Stormy seas ahead. I wish you all the best. And to one of you: you were right to Question.
>>
>>81747240
>the inherent narcissism in assuming that one's world is the 'most meta world' and is not, in fact, just yet another figment of the imagination

This really does sound self-satisfied enough to be a real Morrison story.
>>
>>81747240
Wait, if I'm the fictional one does that mean that the DC heroes are going to coming into the same reality as I am? I think it's worth it.
>>
>>81747516
But arent all universes recursively fictional and yet real?
>>
File: 1409095984783.gif (116 KB, 290x231) Image search: [Google]
1409095984783.gif
116 KB, 290x231
>>81747240
I can get down with this.
>>
>>81747866
Perhaps. Or maybe only most universes are fictional, and at the bottom of the stack of proverbial turtles there lies the Real World.

If such a world exists, we certainly aren't living in it.
>>
>>81748486
But what if the turtles make a ring?
>>
>>81743590
Where do I find this story? Which issue? or Which trade?
>>
>>
>>81747240
pplz be true
>>
>>81748691

I don't think that one's been collected. It's not really a story, either, but a backup feature in several Dr. Strange issues in the second Roy Thomas Run. This bit is from Dr. Strange - Sorcerer Supreme #21. The backup feature runs for the next two issues, but only the first installment is about multiversal structure, the other two are more about the history of the Dark Dimension and Dormammu's backstory.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.