[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WB order Zack "not Hack" Snyder to cut stuffs from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1412387510296123.png (259 KB, 540x542) Image search: [Google]
1412387510296123.png
259 KB, 540x542
>WB order Zack "not Hack" Snyder to cut stuffs from his brilliant masterpiece
>wasnt supposed to be like that
>it sucked because of it
>damagecontrol.png
>release the cut footage to theaters to goy out some more dollaridoo
This shits like the Watchmen it sucked cause of the cut contents
>>
What's the cut scene that will make me forgive the peach tea?
>>
>>81734117
The scene is Lex at the local farmers market buying the county's best frsh from farm peach tea there is and telling Mercy to send it to her. He then laughs at how she'll think the delicious peach tea is actually his his and toss it away not realizing that she has just deprived herself of the county's best peach tea it has to offer.
>>
>>81734117
Batman, Supes and Wondie eating shwarma
>>
>>81734158
>Gyro place nearby has Shwarma
Is it even any good? From what it looked like on the menu it's just a chicken Gyro.
>>
>>81734155
this was funny. you should write comics
>>
>>81734096
I'd definitely go see the R-rated cut in theaters
>>
>>81734096
Watchmen sucked for a lot of reasons, the cut contents were not the problem.
>>
>>81734155
Lex is also the guy at the farmers market selling him the peach tea, like Roger in American Dad.
>>
>>81734096
Cut content had nothing to do with why watchmen was shit
>>
>>81734096
This sounds a little too much like that Trank tweet for comfort.
>>
>>81734096
My major complaint about the movie is that it's one hour too long.
>>
What's /co/'s issue with Watchmen? It was an extremely faithful retelling of the comic.

Which is overrated by the way.
>>
>>81734280
It's a faithful retelling in terms of imagery (usually) that somehow manages to miss the point entirely and then goes into an original ending that makes no sense.
>>
>>81734280
Its faithful if you're a retard who just looked at the pictures instead of reading it
>>
>>81734280
It's all the style of Watchmen and none of the substance.
>>
>>81734096
Was is WB execs specifically who fucked it up, or just Snyder and his editors? I mean, it's not exactly unorthodox for a long movie to be edited down. The thing was three fucking hours.

Not to mention directors usually know what rating they're aiming for, and how to achieve it. Snyder KNEW this was supposed to be PG-13. If he filmed material that would give it an R, and made that material so important to the plot that plot holes would be left if the footage was edited out, then he's the dumbass.
>>
>>81734280
>Which is overrated by the way.
Maybe. But I have to ask, have you only read Watchmen once? Because there's so much to it that you don't pick up on until you've read it a couple times which adds to both the story and the look of the comic.

If you take it at only face value then I can understand why you feel it's overrated and doesn't live up to the hype.
>>
>>81734465
>Was is WB execs specifically who fucked it up, or just Snyder and his editors?
It's hard to tell without knowing what all was cut, however I'm going to say it's probably about 90% Snyder's fuck up. He comes up with good ideas but then utterly fails at displaying those concepts in a cohesive manner.
>>
Just fucking give me the solo-batfleck movie already WB.
>>
>>81734629
>written by Geoff Johns
Honest question, is WB retarded? Out of all Batman writers they could pick, they choose Johns.
>>
>>81734563
30 minutes were cut out. That's a lot for a movie.
>>
>>81734677
I thought it was being written by Affleck?
>>
>>81734096
...Is it so hard for you to believe that Snyder is just a shit director? Look at his previous films.

BvS was terrible for a host of reasons. Stuffing more shit into an already overstuffed plot would not have magically made it better.
>>
>>81734703
Johns and Affleck collaboration.
>>
>>81734185

I hear they're like Doner kebab's, which are pretty fucking good. Probably depends where you get em, though. Currently I like them more than Gyros.
>>
>>81734768
Doesn't sound too bad then. Hopefully they can convince Ben to direct it.
>>
>>81734096
Urgh, BvS is already full of useless crap that does nothing but drag down the movie. You don't want to add MORE shit to the shitpile.
>>
>>81734677
Johns used to be a pretty decent writer, but he was never a good script writer. His stuff for tv shows is always weird.
>>
wouldnt the deleted scenes be on the blu ray anyway
>>
>>81734792
Shouldn't be hard.

He was so clearly trying his hardest to fix BvS and straighten out Snyder's incompetence during its shooting. He just couldn't get it through Snyder's thick skull that everything was being put together wrong. I'm pretty sure he'd leap at the chance to direct one of these films.
>>
>>81734840
>He was so clearly trying his hardest to fix BvS and straighten out Snyder's incompetence during its shooting
How so? I really wanna know

>I'm pretty sure he'd leap at the chance to direct one of these films.
He's reportedly still reluctant to do so.
>>
>>81734280
It's the presentation. Portrayed Rorschach as way too badass and Ozy as way too obviously evil.
>>
>>81734311
>then goes into an original ending that makes no sense.
You say that like Ozy's plan in the original wasn't a retarded Deus Ex Machina on purpose anyways.

If anything Watchmen's movie ending was more self-contained and made more sense than the comics.
>>
>>81734684
Original cut was 4 hours long

Even if we watched the 3 hour version, we're missing one hour.
>>
>>81734839
Yes, they already announced an R-Rated blu ray release (which leaked right after Deadpool became huge, wow what a coincidence). This would just be putting it in theaters to try and get some extra shekels on the box office total.
>>
>>81734096
>WB order Zack "not Hack" Snyder to cut stuffs from his brilliant masterpiece

If he couldn't tell a decent story from the footage he had in two and a half hours, he's fucking braindead.

Also that rumor? It's bullshit. They're already losing money on this thing. They might do a limited release in key locations, but they're never, ever going to release on 4100 screens nationwide.
>>
>>81734117
But the peach tea scene is glorious, it's the only good scene in BvS, anon. I'm not joking or being sarcastic here, you know?
>>
>>81734965
>3 hour cut does minuscule business
>H-hey guys...wh-who wants to see the 4 hour cut?
>>
>>81735026
>They're already losing money on this thing.
This meme is hilarious. If they were losing money, why would they start filming on its sequel with the same fucking director this week?
>>
>>81734185
>>81734775
Shawarma and Gyros are similar, and both come from words meaning "turning", but the difference is in the meat preparation.

Gyros are essentially a processed meat loaf made from (typically) lamb and beef. Shawarma is made from packed meat (typically lamb, chicken, or goat). This means that when shaved, gyro meat will generally be in long strips while shawarma meat will come off in smaller chunks. There's also the spices involved- gyro meat incorporates traditional Greek spices (like garlic and oregano) into the loaf, while shawarma meat is marinated in traditional mid-eastern spices (things like allspice, bay leaves, cinnamon, dried lime, vinegar and cardamom). Exact recipes are up to the chef.

There's also the difference in usual sauces - gyros are generally served with tzatziki (a spiced yogurt sauce), while shawarma is more typically served with hummus (chickpea sauce) or tahini (seasame seed sauce). (Although, usually if you get a place that serves both, they'll have the sauces for either)
>>
>>81734096
WB ordered cuts because movies aren't supposed to be 3 and a half hours long
>>
>>81735142
We Lord of the Rings now
>>
>>81735579
>movies aren't supposed to be 3 and a half hours long
But most movies I've watched that long are fucking great. Haven't you ever seen the Ten Commandments?
>>
>>81734096
I'm more interested in this,
>http://www.avclub.com/article/zack-snyder-cut-scene-batman-v-superman-being-too--235048

What scene was so dark that Snyder couldn't keep it in?
>>
>>81734248
Why is Watchmen shit? I watched it the other weekend and thought it was pretty good, even if they wussed out on the tentacle monster.
>>
>>81735664
My money's on an actual flashback of the horses drowning
>>
>>81735702
"not muh". The same reason /co/ hates every movie it does. Even fucking /tv/ has more valid complaints of movies than /co/ does.
>>
>>81734965
The 4 hour cut was probably long takes of before scenes like Supes walking into a room or something like that.
That's what's cut from most movies.
>>
File: 1458466887758.jpg (13 KB, 204x207) Image search: [Google]
1458466887758.jpg
13 KB, 204x207
>>81734096
>Zack "not Hack" Snyder

Thats never going to catch on.
>>
>>81735723
Turns out Pa Kent actually laughed so hard as the horses drowned he dropped his cake.
>>
>>81735664
He tells you right in that article, you fucking mouth-breather.
>>
>>81734096
Isn't this the exact same excuse they used for Fant4stic when it bombed aside from:
>release the cut footage to theaters to goy out some more dollaridoo
>>
>>81734280
Fucked up one of the few things I really like about that comic, its stark portrayal of violences and the slow buildup of dread. It recreates some scenes faithfully but overindulges in action which completely misses the point with Rorschach and the Comedian.
Also no shit Watchmen is overrated, everything good is overrated, this is the internet.
>>
if civil war makes bank at the box office and suicide squad fails, is there ANY chance of DCCU surviving?
>>
>>81734978
>(which leaked right after Deadpool became huge, wow what a coincidence).

We've been over this

The R-rated cut was submitted months before anyone knew Deadpool was going to be a hit
>>
>>81734311
So it's a Snyder movie. What a surprise
>>
>>81735618
LotR was good though
>>
>>81734096
Was Episode 1 damage control this bad?
>>
>>81735897
SS can't fail, it has Joker and Harley.
>>
>>81734096
If the scenes we got are the ones they considered too good to cut, then why would I want to watch the shit even they thought had to go?

Adding more to this movie can only make it shittier
>>
>>81735902
Question, why wasn't Suicide Squad made R from the start?
Why is an 'it's not an S, on my world it means hope' more suited for an R rating than something called fucking Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81735664
From the article:
>It’s not that Superman couldn’t use his powers to find his missing mom; it’s that he‘d gotten so good at ignoring other people’s cries for help that he didn’t even bother to try. Darkness successfully avoided!
Jesus, it's kind of cringeworthy how fanboys will twist and purposefully misunderstand just about everything regarding this film just so they can bitch about it.
>>
>>81735936
>BVS can't fail, it has superman and batman
>>
>>81735930
Episode 1 set in like food poisoning. It took a while for the shits to start.
>>
>>81735936
Well done, you've just confirmed it will bomb hard.
>>
>>81735702
The truly truly terrible performances killed it for me.
>>
>>81735920
the multiple endings still weren't necessary
>>
>In an attempt to increase profits
that is the reason movies are made
>>
>>81736027
why the fuck else would you make them

nobody does anything for free there is always a reason even if not monetary
>>
>>81735702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWITWbGVlg
This is a scene in a good movie and it isn't laughably stupid.
>>
>>81735949
Deadpool was the first R-rated cape movie and nobody knew if it would be a hit.

But the BvS R cut is for home release (well until these plans anyway) so there's no stopping kids from seeing it.
>>
>>81736003
...why were they bad? Recently, I think I've realized I'm just a cinema pleb. All the complaints about acting and pacing and editing that have been flying around (mostly for Snyder movies), but I honestly couldn't say I noticed...

Unrelated, the most recent piece of bad acting I've actually noticed was Rey is The Force Awakens. She spends the whole movie wide-eyed and awestruck at every single fucking thing. Every word out of her mouth she speaks as though she's making some kind of crazy discovery or revelation. It's pretty awful, especially when you compound it with the fact that she's somehow magically an expert at everything.
>>
File: NotYetRated_Poster.jpg (119 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
NotYetRated_Poster.jpg
119 KB, 500x707
>>81735949
It happens to a lot of movies. It was made to be PG-13, but filmmakers will see what they can get away with or try to push the envelope. So they submit it to the MPAA (and other worldwide rating systems, but that's the one we're talking about), which then assign it a grade. If it's R or occasionally NC-17, then they will recut it, typically based on the notes from the MPAA which can range from too much blood to too many curse words or whatever else they deem inappropriate. Then the studios will keep the original cuts and release them on DVD and Blu Ray later as "Unrated" or "Director's Cut" if the director is involved.

If you're interested, there's a good documentary about the MPAA called This Film Is Not Yet Rated. It's a very secretive organization.
>>
>>81734925
>Deus Ex Machina
You don't know what that means.
>>
>>81735949
Because pg-13 is usually much profitable than a hard R. Deadpool's success is a giant fluke.
>>
>>81736151
if you truly believe that first sentense you are naive
>>
>>81735897
Well, WB will pull a fucking reboot if that is the case. I don't think SS will bomb though.
>>
I want a Green Lantern movie trilogy done right
>>
>>81736108
>Deadpool was the first R-rated cape movie

What about watchmen?
>>
>>81736180
I would say it's more because they see that if fans actually enjoy their product they will spend more money, pretty simple concept.
>>
>>81736151
Dude, Disney is the biggest Jew in the market, thing is they know how to make their shit work and that's the reason they always end up as the top dog.
>>
>>81736180
I was being facetious, but sadly enough it seems there are people who actually hold such views.
>>
>>81736233
Oh wait, yes blue cock.
>>
>>81734925
Couldn't be further from a Deus Ex Machina
>>
>>81735897
They'd proceed but with less budget I think. But shit like Cyborg, GL, or Shazam would get canned.
>>
>>81736308
And yet their movies are the one ones giving the fans what they want: FUN!
>>
Shazam with a target audience of mostly children would probably make big bucks

Especially if they decide to go all out and include all the kids so they reach the male and female demographic
>>
>>81736360
That's why I said they knows their shit.
>>
>>81734792
Picturing him directing actors while in the Bat suit is pretty funny
>>
>>81736387
Shazam might not be part of the main DCEU since New Line is making it not WB directly.
>>
>>81736151
Nah, no. Disney execs and their legal times are fucking sharks that are always out to get more money from anyone.

It just so happens that they are also great at making movies that entertain a lot of people. Don't confuse the artists that are genuinely there to create stuff, and the suits that are merely there to crunch numbers.
>>
>>81735902
He's talking about the timing of the announcement, not the decision to release the cut
>>
>>81736438
yeah, wb and disney are both suits, disney's just been more successful at crunching lately
>>
>>81736387
>Shazam with a target audience of mostly children
These are the types of retarded things /co/ says that I find hilarious.

How many children do you know like Captain Marvel or even know who he is? Children like Batman. Children like Spiderman. There's a reason those two characters combined account for over half of all comic book toy sales.

Characters /co/ thinks children should like like Captain America and Shazam are literally only liked by comic book fans and adults.
>>
>>81734280
It's been made by a guy who actually thinks Watchmen are cool.
>>
>>81735815
This
It's pretty common for movies to have a really long initial cut, that's why they have a editing crew, WB fucked the movie beyond what was supposed to be.
>>
>>81736132
Its been a while since I've seen the movie but I do remember taking particular issue with Ozymandias. Nevermind the guy they cast looked like a skinny little nerd instead of a peak human Adonis. He delivered all of his lines completely flatly like he was bored by them. He told his life story to those business men like even he wasn't interested himself. There was no passion, boisterous arrogance or personality beyond 'generic cold distant badguy'.
>>
>>81736503
Anon, Iron Man was fucking unknown before his movie. We are in a universe where Captain America and Iron Man are fucking popular with the normie crowd.

If they do it right and hype it right, the people are actually always interested with new super heroes. I get the feeling that a lot know and like Batman and Supes, but are also interested in seeing someone new.
>>
>>81735702
Missing the entire point of the comic and turning it into generic capeshit
>>
>>81736151
This is your brain on company wars
>>
The Cut content is just more JL building
as if the movie needed more of that
>>
>>81736387
>Shazam
HE'S NOT CALLED SHAZAM YOU STUPID FUCKING KEK HE'S CAPTAIN MARVEL GET OUT OF MY SAFESPACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>>81736652
What was the point of the comic?
>>
>>81736642
Normie =/= children.

Children know Superman. Children don't like Superman.
>>
Considering the theatrical cut was already bloated with useless plotlines and pointless scenes the idea of a cut that's even longer sounds like a fucking nightmare.

Watchmen was bursting at the seams, rushing through its own plot to try and cram more in. BvS was dull and empty from beginning to end, even if you added a half hour of shit that would clarify the plot holes it's still a fundamentally terrible film.
>>
Is BvS Warner Bros's Tr4nkt4stic or was Dark Knight Rises worse?
>>
>>81736503
Yeah, because the Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Man were absolutely beloved by children before their movies.
>>
>>81736728
>What was the point of the comic?
Original
>Our superheroes are weak, unstable and otherwise ineffectual and when the end of the world is looming there's nothing they can really do about it.

Movie
>Our superheroes are badasses that do cool slow motion flips and are gonna go kick some ass.
>>
>>81736728
Except he's been called Shazam since 2011. End your life.
>>
>>81736503
If it's done right and done well it could happen. He was more popular than superman at one point. The only reason Shazam isn't more popular is DC because DC sued saying it was a knockoff of Supes. Company folded, DC purchased and buried Shazam for years.

Shazam is a brand that can be built to be very strong again.
>>
>>81736777
Neither

Snyder hasn't been fired and JL hasn't been shitcanned

Nolan shit the bed but he was leaving anyway
>>
>>81736728
That superheroes are shit. make the world they live in a much worse place, in the comic it was clearly displayed trough the bystanders dialouge, wich all got cut for the movie zo Zack could go all ''LOOK AT HOW COOL RORSCHACH IS''
the final scene where new york gets leveled didnt have nearly as much impact as the comic because of this
>>
>>81736812
And children don't give a shit about Cap and Supes, who I would consider the current characters most similar to Captain Marvel in personality relative to the rest of currently popular Superheroes.
>>
>>81736739

It's because he's fucking lame.
>>
>>81736889
>He was more popular than superman at one point
Who, again, isn't very popular with children.

Children of 2016 aren't Children of fucking 1946.
>>
>>81736728
>CAPTAIN MARVEL
but shes already getting a movie
:^)
>>
>>81736903
But I bet WB expected 2 billions from BvS.

Batman vs. Superman only recently managed to beat sequel to Captain America. It might not even get one billion.

And remember Disney views Age of Ultron as a box office disappointment.
>>
>>81736460
But there was no announcement from WB.

Some guy literally just saw it on the MPAA website and broke the news, then everyone said it was because of Deadpool.
>>
>>81736503
>How many children do you know like Captain Marvel or even know who he is
how many people even knew the Gaurdians existed before the movie? by now it should be obvious that previous popularity doesnt effect a movies success
>>
>>81736739
Currently? Maybe interest is low due to the movies. Like I said, if they do it right and manage to cater it to both adults and children, I don't doubt Captain Marvel can do well. It already has the angle that a kid can do stuff.
>>
>>81736903
>Nolan shit the bed
Not when everyone lick his ass like that.
>>
>>81737028
If it's only half as bad, it's DC's 2tastic, not Fant4stic.
>>
>>81734096
I'd watch it, I liked the movie, fight me /co/.

I don't think it's gonna help their box office by a lot though, so I think the rumor is false.
>>
File: Negasonic Deadpool.jpg (492 KB, 1330x2000) Image search: [Google]
Negasonic Deadpool.jpg
492 KB, 1330x2000
>>81736503
A literally who mutant is probably more liked now than Superman.
>>
>>81736931
>And children don't give a shit about Cap
Nah the merch are doing well and I've seen kids dress up like him and buy his shield. My little sister even liked him after watching The First Avenger and bought a shirt. Cap was just really nice and genuine, and it showed in his movie.
>>
>>81737086
If you wanna make the movie that kids like then look at Marvel Iron Man and Avengers.
>>
>>81737073
>by now it should be obvious that previous popularity doesnt effect a movies success
This. I don't understand what that guy is talking about. Is he worried that a character is unknown to children? Iron Man and Cap were fucking unknowns, and look at the kid's merch and costumes now.

Supes is only not popular now because his latest movies don't cater to kids.
>>
File: Darwin Face.png (129 KB, 381x545) Image search: [Google]
Darwin Face.png
129 KB, 381x545
Some of the best playwrights in history say that the best thing you can do to a script is to make it simple and cut as much as possible, and here's WB complicating and bloating.
>>
>>81735475
Because WB execs are dumb as hell.
>>
This rumor makes no sense. Why would theaters agree to adding a bunch of screenings for a long r-rated movie that's just going to take up time for newer shorter movies that will easily make more money. Stupid rumor.
>>
>>81737214
I think what the anons are saying that if done right, and similar to how MCU did Iron Man, Cap, the Avengers, etc, a literally unknown super hero can be popular to kids. It's not impossible.
>>
File: 1451893265871.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451893265871.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>81736151
>mass producing capeshit with standard formula
>disney is no kike
>>
>>81737252
Well, that's how to make a blockbuster which is what Marvel's doing right now.
>>
>>81737252
>Hamlet

>Hamlet sees ghost
>Everyone dies
>>
>>81737238
>Supes is only not popular now because his latest movies don't cater to kids.
he hasnt been popular since the last Reeves movie
>>
>>81737289
I think a few times really big fucking films can be used to bully theaters into doing things, though it's uncommon, I vaguely recall some movie being forced out with the threat of not showing star wars at some theaters or something, and you can imagine that threat is not taken lightly. Don't think WB has any property with that kind of weight behind it, especially after BvS, like 'oh so you're not going to give us Justice League, ok who cares.'
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21 KB, 400x418
>>81734096
what are they going to do when a bum rushed extra cut does just as poorly or worse?
I don't see the upside of this.
How the hell would you market it? "BvS the extended cut. This time it won't suck. w-we promise!"
>>
>>81737362
Well, I'm exclusively talking about kid's reception since I thought that's what that anon was talking about, that kids don't care about superheroes like Supes.

It's hard to make Supes currently popular to kids when the latest movies don't seem to be movies that kids can enjoy.
>>
>>81737434
>You spoke and we listened, because you demanded it: we made the movie longer!
>>
>>81737404
Theaters have a little leverage of their own with studios though. Theaters make more profit from the concessions than they do the movies.
>>
>>81736728
>calling others keks when you don't get to call him Captain Marvel because Marvel #copyrighted that shit
oh the sweet delicious peach-flavoured irony
>>
>>81736978
Not shit. Tastes change and what's old is new again and shit.

My point was he was wildly popular at one time and can be again. Shazam/Captain Marvel is this great amalgam of Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman. Even a little bit Marvelman.

With solid marketing behind the character he could become very popular.
You say kids don't give a shit about Cap and Supes but I see kids with toys/kit of those characters frequently. I think your saying this shit for the sake of being sour.
>>
>>81737529
Well you kind of need people to come to your theater in the first place to sell them concessions.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/17/quentin-tarantino-the-hateful-eight-disney-star-wars-cinema-booking
This was the thing I was thinking of. Kind of amusing and I doubt it's done often, unlikely that there are properties that can be used as much of a threat as Star Wars to begin with.
>>
File: pooh.jpg (13 KB, 154x166) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
13 KB, 154x166
>Try to make dark and edgy BvS film
>People don't like it
>Make it darker and edgier
>>
>>81734311
>then goes into an original ending that makes no sense.

What didn't make sense about it?
>>
>>81737361
Masterpiece.
>>
File: dark-knight-bleaches.jpg (615 KB, 944x1177) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-bleaches.jpg
615 KB, 944x1177
>>81737895
>>
>only had a single Supes movie that was mostly disliked
>Bats was just rebooted
>Wondy never even had anything to begin with
>put them all together + Lex + BvS + the death of Superman plot in one movie
>expect it not to be a clustefuck
It's their own fault for being moneygrubbing assholes and rushing all this shit out so they can start pumping out Justice League movies. The movie being a critical failure deserves only glee from our side. Maybe it'll teach them a lesson. Either that or they won't give a fuck and go the Bayformers "Who needs quality when we got cash" route.
>>
>>81738109
Literally the same.
>>
>>81738136
Actually I think their skin tone is brighter, though maybe that's just because it contrasts more obviously.
>>
Am i the only one that thinks that it got an R rating because visionary director Zack Snyder wanted to show us a huge hole in Martha Wayne's forehead after been shot?
>>
>>81734629
kinda wished they ditch BvS and made a Batman Reboot
>>
>>81738259
Am I the only one that thinks that the gun firing being what broke the pearls was edgy as fuck, but exactly what I expect from Zack "Hack Attack" Snyder?
Also, because of this, the holw would probably be under her chin and through the upper back of her head.
>>
>>81734712
he was made for music videos and commercials like michael bay
>>
>>81738259
Joker killing Jason
>>
>>81738326
It's originally from the DKR comic.
>>
>>81738259

Bet you good money that shot of Evil Supes heat-visoning those guys in the bunker is hown in its full gory glory.
>>
>>81734218
Except for it not being faithful to the comic, what was the reason it sucked?
>>
>>81738391
Not that guy, but the tone was a misfire and everything was done in a very simplified tone that took away from the complexity of the comic. The acting was also pretty rough in some shots, and although the soundtrack made sense it was just overused.
>>
>>81738345
Of course it is.
>>
>>81738345
How am I not surprised?
>>
>>81734096
>R-rated Superman movie

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
File: 1458974289007.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1458974289007.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>81738110
You know, the sad part is just the amount of material that was either thrown away or shoved into BvS and basically wasted could've given us a few smaller movies to build up to the big ensemble movie.
Lex Luthor fighting Supes could've been its own movie.
Doomsday vs Supes could've been its own movie.
WW didn't need much more than a cameo because she has her solo coming up.
Batman fighting Superman without all the clutter could've been its own movie.
But no, apparently they have to race to make the Justice League for whatever fucking reason.

It doesn't hurt to take a tip from the MCU and pace yourself to build a universe.
>>
>>81738109
Needs more blood and spikes
>>
>>81735475
>This meme is hilarious. If they were losing money, why would they start filming on its sequel with the same fucking director this week?
Because the contracts are signed.
>>
>>81738740
>apparently they have to race to make the Justice League for whatever fucking reason.

The reason is that the Studios are full aware of the capeshit fatigue. If they waited the 5 or 6 years required to release all the movies planned before JLA, it would be a sure failure. So they gambled rushing it all in.
>>
>>81739076
28%
>>
>>81738740
I don't give a fuck how many times people dislike when I post this but, DC should've taken the successful TV shows and turned them into movies.

>b-b-but it's different media!
Yes it is fucko, but Marvel kind of did the same thing, released an Iron Man movie that was a hit and then rode it till the beast it is now. Why not found your universe around something that already works? Just make a Flash movie and go from there.
>>
>>81739080
>muh danceoffs
>>
>>81738740
Release Batman: Dawn of Justice in March, Superman: Dawn of Justice in July, each focuses on their respective characters and fleshes out their scenes. Few shared scenes like Clark and Bruce at Lex's fundraiser, Superman threatening Batman, etc. Last shot of each movie is from the stand-off before they fight, in Batman he's looking up at Bruce, in Superman he's looking down.
In November release Batman V Superman. Open with Lex giving his gladiator match speech before going straight in to the fight and play out the rest of BvS from there.
It's still going to be Snyder'd, but at least it gets a chance to breathe and Warner loves breaking shit up to make more money.
>>
>>81739116
28%
>>
>>81739080
>28%

Wasn't it 29% just this weekend? Christ, it went down another point...
>>
>>81739131
>muh quips
>>
>>81739153
twenty eight percent
>>
>>81739036
What is capeshit fatigue even? At best I can only think it just means the plot screams 'the world is going to end unless we stop X' or something, which is hardly limited to superhero shit anyways.
All they have to do is find a good different tone like Ants, or Guardians, or even Winter Soldier, or even Deadpool I suppose, bring down the fate of the world stuff to just simple storytelling.
>>
>>81739117
I like this but, 3 movies from the same franchise in the same year? There must be a reason studios don't do that.
>>
>>81739174
>muh quips-tron
>>
>>81739234
Martha.
>>
>>81739140
Audience score is down to 69% in spite of the glut of fresh reviews from new members
I sometimes wonder if that's why they want a summer cut because fewer people will see it/review it so in theory the scores will be much higher
>>
>>81739262
Mandarin
>>
>>81739234
>muh peach tea.
>muh dildo rockets.
>muh DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: abort-erection.gif (3 MB, 325x349) Image search: [Google]
abort-erection.gif
3 MB, 325x349
>>81739330
Hey now, those dildo rockets were hilarious.
>>
>>81739153
28%
>>
File: 039.jpg (39 KB, 316x343) Image search: [Google]
039.jpg
39 KB, 316x343
>>81739076
>>
>>81739234
TWENTY
EIGHT
PERCENT
>>
>>81737434
Not one, not two, but THREE jars of piss!
>>
>>81739330
>muh Lois
>muh Joker Luthor.
Did I forget anything?
>>
File: Alfred.jpg (193 KB, 1075x1643) Image search: [Google]
Alfred.jpg
193 KB, 1075x1643
>>81734096
Sure, the editing was bad like MoS but how will the cut scenes fix the bad characterisation?

I will always maintain that Cavill would make a heck of a Superman if he was given something to work with.

It being a poor movie has nothing to do with "quips" just like how MoS wasn't bad because of the death of Zod.

The editing and pacing are awful, combined with choppy scenes. But most of all is the awful characterisation. Mopey characters. We don't know what drives any of them.

There is quite simple solutions but Zack Synder doesn't seem to want to do them. Look at MoS, Superman is a bartender and wrecks a guys truck. What was the point? The oil rig scene looked great but was too short.

There could have used just one brilliant scene to emphasise a wandering Superman. Why not explain why he suddenly became a journalist at the end.

There is some great ideas in BvS. There is some great imagery. But it is just a build up to a fight we have no investment in.

We need characters. We shouldn't have to rely on meta commentary as to who these characters are. You can't just show a mopey Superman. it is boring. It isn't exciting. We don't know what drives him. They avoid every opportunity to do so.

Extra scenes won't fix that. I honestly really tried to like this movie but couldn't.
>>
File: 1348193414282.png (211 KB, 441x435) Image search: [Google]
1348193414282.png
211 KB, 441x435
>>81739330
The fuck is your problem with Dildo rockets?
>>
>>81736232
What would a GL trilogy done be though? Adaptations of Secret Origin/Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night? Or maybe end at Sinestro and shove something else between (Manhunters?).

I love GL and want decents movies, but it always seemed like one of the more difficult superheroes to get working in live-action. That said though, a Green Lantern Corps movie could be WB's GotG if they wanted to go that route.
>>
>>81739527
Nothing, besides the fact that movie that's suppose to be "deep" and "toned down" it's hillarious, like watching art house movies drunk.
>>
>>81739487
>Tfw reading this gave me feels
>Tfw realise that DCCU will probably never give me this type of feels
Why WB?
>>
>>81739545
>we will never get an isamot kol vath sarn buddy cop in space movie
kill me now
>>
>>81734096
There have been very few cases of a movie being worse for cut content.

Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven is the only example I can think of off the top of my head, but usually movies that benefit from long run-times are serious dramas of an epic scale.

Generally, if a film is so disorganized or so poorly written that it can't hit a normal runtime, then it's simply a bad film.

This applies to most art mediums. Artists that are incapable of editing themselves are bad artists.
>>
>>81739664
see: django unchained, the hateful eight
>>
File: WREKT.png (659 KB, 457x534) Image search: [Google]
WREKT.png
659 KB, 457x534
>>81736419
>Batman telling people in costume what to do

JUST LIKE IN THE COMICS
>>
>>81739693

>implying H8ful 8 didn't earn its run-time

Tarantino made a movie examining the last 150 years of American racial politics and the inherent hypocrisies of war and had it play out in one huge room.

It's the most thematically interesting thing he's done since Pulp Fiction.
>>
Wouldn't it cost them more money to advertise and promote said re-release?
>>
>>81735702
The things that make the Watchmen comics GREAT are the literary devices inherent to the medium: panel-to-panel transitions, layouts, pacing, etc. Those don't translate to film, because they were designed from the ground up to be comics.

The movie may have been faithful to the visuals and characterizations, but there's no way a meta-think piece on the nature of super heroes should be in any format other than a comic, especially when the comic utilizes every mechanic of comic story telling at its disposal. It doesn't work as a film any better than it would as a haiku, or a ballad.
>>
>>81736233
>Not Blade trilogy
>Not the previous punisher movies
>Not Constantine
>Not Spawn
>Not From Hell
I fucking hate millennians
>>
>>81739036
>The reason is that the Studios are full aware of the capeshit fatigue.
That's about as bullshit as saying there is romantic comedy fatigue. Just keep the quality up and change the formula once in a while.
>>
>>81739116
>I AM A VIXEN LMAO!!!
DCucks on full damage control
>>
>>81739892
sure, it's good filmmaking. that's tarantino's whole deal.

but that doesn't mean his cut of the film is immaculate. it isn't desecrating a masterpiece to have a good editor take a crack at things.
>>
File: bat bs.png (259 KB, 557x381) Image search: [Google]
bat bs.png
259 KB, 557x381
>>81739968
Yes, also it would be in the middle of summer, when blockbusters come out. Why would theaters dedicate a significant amount of screens to a critically reviled movie, with terrible word of mouth, instead of literal money printers like Jason Bourne, TMNT or Independence Day?
>>
>>81739968
yes but like >>81739274 said it might be for critical value. Get a high score there for both the DVD reseal and the JL film by going "look this was better because it was longer, JL is long too! Buy the DVD please.
While it's not a traditional flop the plummet in the eyes of the audience will make this forgotten in a bad way.
Jungle Book is already projected to remove half of the BvS screens country wide with Cap finishing the job in may.
In just over a month BvS could be forced out of theaters which might be why they are talking about an august extended cut because they are really hitting a nothing to lose approach.

It's hard times for DC fans that wanted there heroes on the big screen.
>>
>>81740090

Well his old editor died after Inglorious, and even a QTfag like me can see that Django and H8 have some extra fat that could be trimmed off.
>>
>>81740135
I still want my heroes on the big screen someday
>>
>>81740102
>>81740135

Interesting.

And woe be to WB if they do. Because you just know that some stupid soccer mom will take her kid, see the violence, then bitch and whine that "Batman and Superman should be for kids!"

She's wrong, of course, and it's her own damn fault, but she'll still bitch and moan.
>>
>>81740008
All three Blade were PG 13 in theaters the dvd director cuts were R
Same with Spawn

And you hate people when your ignorance is just as great.

The world will be a better place when you are gone.
>>
>>81735902
He doesn't care about facts, anon.
>>
>>81739036
>X movie fatigue
That something executives invented to cover their asses when the audience catch on to their lazy, cynical approach of pumping out too many unoriginal by the book movies of the same type and same direction within too short of a time period. So instead of saying "we fucked up with the scripts, direction and marketing" they say use the fatigue excuse. The only fatigue movie goers get is bullshit fatigue.
>>
>>81740166
I know Im just saying WB seems to be stopping it from ever being a thing.
We are going to live in a world where:
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Ant-Man
Deadpool
GotG
Thanos
The Collector
Malakth
Black Panther
Haweye
Black Widow
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Killian

All had major parts in a film before
Flash
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Manhunter

It's a hard time being a DC fan.
>>
>>81734158
>shawrmas

>not all american burgers and shakes

Step up you superman game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaeZ4hrjck
>>
>>81734096
But what if he's right?
>>
>>81740008
I dunno, I think there's an argument to be made about the distinction of "superhero" movies and comic book movies. Deadpool goes around killing greedy meta-humans with occasional assistance from actual super heros while most of the movies on your list feature anti-heros (like DP) fight otherworldly or otherwise completely inhuman enemies like demons, vampires, or John Travolta.

I haven't seen or read From Hell but I believe it's a bit like History of Violence where it's an adaptation of a graphic novel but doesn't really have anything to do with super heros.
>>
>>81740455

This is just adorable. Why can't we have this instead of angry sad Superman? Why Zack?! WHY?!
>>
>>81740511
Have to sell Turkish Airline plane tickets I guess?
>>
>>81734096

What does making it R-Rated even do? I don't want to see Superman cuss. He doesn't do that fucking shit.
>>
>>81740681

The R-rating makes it extra sophisticated.
>>
>>81740008
>Blade trilogy
was PG-13 in theaters
>the previous punisher movies
two were R one was PG-13. And the 2 R were not sold as cape films, they were sold as action flicks. Unless we are going to count the Diehard series.
>Constantine
Not cape at all. you are being a retarded counting comic adaption as cape film
>Spawn
PG-13 film in theaters
>From Hell
So are you going to count History of Violence in that list? Because that's about the same level of "cape"

You call anon a millennian when you didn't even know half of your list was PG-13 in theaters and the R rating was the direct to video extended cuts?
>>
>>81740455
i love brave and the bold
>>
>>81740681
full frontal batcock
>>
>>81740681
You're going to see Batman and Superman murder people in greater detail and with more gore.
>>
>>81740793

I'd pay good money to go see Bat and Supes hatefucking on the silver screen.
>>
>>81740008
>already stated watchmen as a basic correction to R rated cape film before Deadpool
>this anon walks in and shits the bed
Half your list wasn't rated R in theaters. The other Half isn't even cape films.Your best argument in that list Is Punisher War Zone. I wouldn't have respond to you if you weren't such a autistic try hard.
>>
>>81740681
>>81740793
I'd actually go see it if it was hero cock and heroine T&A, but instead it'll most certainly be this >>81740807
>>
>>81740206
>She's wrong, of course
m80 they wear capes and fight evil, they're always gonna be for kids a little bit.
>>
>>81739693
yes but those are serious films with tight structures that didn't have anything cut. They also imitated a traditional structure and runtime complete with intermission.

BvS is none of those things. It runs long, it's light on plot, and themes, and most of it is fluff.

BvS is long without justifying its length. I doubt anything contained in the extended cut is going to fix that.
>>
>>81740139
Thus begins an era of Indugent tarentino.
>>
>>81734677
the thing is I think Johns likes every other batman character that isn't batman. he loves catwoman and scarecrow. has a fondness for bullock and alfred. thinks nightwing and red hood are great. etc.

i just don't think he digs batgod
>>
>>81735475

These movies take tens of thousands of people to make. They pretty much already contracted and scheduled work.
>>
>>81740948

I mostly said that to cover my ass.
>>
>>81741235
Shut the fuck up Boco.
>>
File: 1458738652325.jpg (22 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
1458738652325.jpg
22 KB, 548x398
Fuck you Warner and you shitty movie! Fucking faggot...
>>
>>81736503

Fun Fact: Elvis Presley was a huge fan of Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr, so much so he based his outfits,looks and stage personality off him.

I think a Shazam movie could invoke that too.
>>
>>81736728

I'm so fucking sick of this shit post. He's called Shazam since Marvel owns the name Captain Marvel.

If you don't know that, you're the one who needs to read a fucking comic.
>>
>>81741569
>He's called Shazam since Marvel owns the name Captain Marvel.
>literally dcucked
>>
>>81735832
Luthor then stole that cake and thirty-nine others.
>>
>>81741326
dat fucking pic
kek
>>
>>81739274
I wonder if they already removed the duplicates and clone accounts spamming 5/5's
>>
>>81739487
Clark became a journo because after the destruction of Metropolis the Daily Planet was left with several positions open that needed to be refilled.
>>
>>81741251

Yes sir...
>>
>>81735579
They can be as long as necessary, people just have shit attention spans.
>>
>>81736739
My son does.
>>
>>81734096
I still can't believe they took out the communion scene. Of all the scene they took out, they took that one out?!!
>>
>>81742249
It wouldn't fix much anon.
It would just add more questions and really if all it takes to "fix" Luthors motives is a two minute clip than this movie is momentously fuck up.
>>
>>81742200
Generally speaking it isn't necessary for a movie to be that long if it's edited correctly. There are some great movies that go on for quite a while but there's no way a few more EVADEEP crosses would have fixed BvS.
>>
>>81741326
I can't even imagine the rage Affleck must have had to shove down while watching the movie come together. There's no way he didn't see at least some of the fucked up calls and moves Snyder made.
>>
>>81742497
There were those rumors of him trying to rewrite stuff while in costume.
>>
File: 1459511402467.jpg (62 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
1459511402467.jpg
62 KB, 1916x806
> brilliant masterpiece
stop
>>
>>81738391
Watchmen works best as a narrative in 12 parts, like a mini-series. Cramming it all together made it a hot mess. Not to mention Snyder's love of "slow then fast" action bullshit which over-glorified the action. I had to explain to my then-gf's dad that only Dr. Manhattan had powers. He really thought everyone had at least super strength based on the fight scenes (although Veidt does have some bomb-ass reflexes and agility, I feel like he was supposed to come by them honestly.)

It felt less like what a Watchmen movie should be like and more like what an idiot liked about the comic.
>>
>>81738500
Because you've read Babby's First Batman/Frank Miller Comic.... right?
>>
>>81742497
We could have had him direct a Justice League, but Warners didn't want to wait for him to finish Argo.

Now he is stuck letting this sbitty director boss him around while making a mess in the kitchen he could have been running.

Life is pain for Ben.
>>
>>81734840
>He was so clearly trying his hardest to fix BvS and straighten out Snyder's incompetence during its shooting.

That's a nice little head canon you got there not based in reality, friend.
>>
File: 080.jpg (28 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
28 KB, 550x633
>>81739076
>>
File: 6Hexf.jpg (95 KB, 600x678) Image search: [Google]
6Hexf.jpg
95 KB, 600x678
>>81738345
>>81742690
> Snyder copied panels from Dark Knight Returns

When I was in middle school, I used to trace and copy figures and scenes from comic books. That doesn't mean I could recreate the book or fully understood how to make one.

Snyder never got beyond that. He copies scenes from DKR, but puts them in a while new context without the meaniny and story Miller had. Not that Miller had some deep meaning in these panels or it was that complex a book, but it was far better written and constructed than Snyder's garbage.

Hell, if Snyder had adapted the scene of Superman falling to Earth after getting nuked, the ending would have made more sense. Instead he copied one panel and just had him regen in space.

To say nothing of him adapting that once scene of Batman shooting someone off panel, with no evidence of a fatal wound, to Batman shooting someone with a flamethrower and erupting into a fireball.

In hindsight, it is amazing he was able to adapt 300 so well. Certainly Watchmen was just a cheap aping of a much more complex work, like a child putting on his father's suit and pretending he is an adult.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.