[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dislike the modern comic format, specifically Newspaper comics.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ch951231.jpg (109 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
ch951231.jpg
109 KB, 600x416
I dislike the modern comic format, specifically Newspaper comics. The industry is set up as an iron wall making it impossible to penetrate and get serialized. Newspaper comics especially turned to shit and now the only one worth reading is.

Web comics are an interesting zone, the art tends to be terrible and the story is not cohesive but its the only way for these artists to get noticed, especially in a push towards a purely digital world. However this often leads to the comic circling and not growing, and getting dragged on beyond its lifespan instead of the artist getting a reality check.

The comic scene is not dying but I doubt very much it will reach a stage where its competitive and a new artist has a chance to rise up, especially with DC and Marvel essentially being the only names anyone knows.
>>
File: Quantum and Woody v3-040.jpg (14 KB, 187x236) Image search: [Google]
Quantum and Woody v3-040.jpg
14 KB, 187x236
>>81731841
>the art tends to be terrible and the story is not cohesive but its the only way for these artists to get noticed
>>
The digital age is the great barrier breaker. Of course there's a lot of garbage and mediocrity floating around, but there are some real gems out there that have been made possible because of the digital age. There's no way something like Lackadaisy would have gone anywhere without the internet.
>>
>>81731890
>Lackadaisy
Who?
>>
>>81731863
>the art tends to be terrible and the story is not cohesive
>Marvel hires that people anyway
WHY
>>
>>81731904
Online comic. Lackadaisy Cats.
http://lackadaisycats.com/
>>
>>81731890
never heard of it, but what i mean is in going digital its also becoming unaccessable to some. What we need is a jump equivalent for comics
>>
>>81731928
they dont make the industry competitive, they just block it off to outsiders and call all the shots inorganically
>>
File: face the face.jpg (45 KB, 642x623) Image search: [Google]
face the face.jpg
45 KB, 642x623
>>81731942
>furry shit
>>
>>81731944
How is digital inaccessible? You can post on facebook, instagram, get a patreon account... You can access a computer from libraries. Internet overall has never been cheaper. Comics have always been collared by syndicates(in the case of the funnies) and publishers in the case of your classic cape shit.
>>
>>81731989
in the self published style its word of mouth, the infrastructure for building a new artist is non exsistant
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.