[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tony Stark's motivations in Civil War II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: Press F to pay respects.jpg (715 KB, 1928x3044) Image search: [Google]
Press F to pay respects.jpg
715 KB, 1928x3044
So Tony's motivation for being against using the precog is that Rhodey died?
That makes no sense. Sure, Rhodey wouldn't have died if it wasn't for the precog, but the alternative was to let Thanos steal a Cosmic Cube. The connection between Ulysses and Rhodey's death is tangential, it has nothing to do with the morality of Minority Report.
The conflict is supposed to be about whether or not stopping crimes before they happen and "punishment before the crime" is a good idea, but going to stop Thanos and War Machine and She-Hulk dying has nothing to do with this debate, so it feels forced if this is what motivates people to be against the precog.
>>
>>81731132

THANOS'D
H
A
N
O
S
'
D
>>
>>81731132
>That makes no sense.
Is this your first time reading Bendis or something?
>>
>>81731301
>Is this your first time reading Marvel/DC cape comics or something?

fixed.

Also
>Tony
>can't remember shit about the last civil war, but suddenly is against a technocratic, pre-emptive solution
>>
>>81731377
DC consistently has a better track record with events though.
>>
>>81731377
>>can't remember shit about the last civil war, but suddenly is against a technocratic, pre-emptive solution
The problem is that's not his motivation. His motivation is that his best friend died in a mission that he happened to be on because of the precog, which is dumb.
>>
Man, how badly I wanted Rhodes to say "This has never happened to me before!" after blowing a rocket on her tickets by accident.
>>
>>81731601
Well he did lose his best friend because of it...

I'd be pretty ballistic too if my best bud got killed for some stupid experimental extremely dangerous mission. Id just generally want Carol dead
>>
>>81731828
>for some stupid experimental extremely dangerous mission
How was it stupid? They found out Thanos was going to steal a Cosmic Cube, so they went to stop him, nothing experimental about it. Are you saying that Carol should have ignored the precog and done nothing?
Besides, if Carol instead of the precog Carol had received a warning from the GotG that Thanos was coming to Earth, would Tony blame the GotG for Rhodey's death?
>>
I mean, it really doesn't make much sense.
Does Tony want to attack Thanos when he has the cube and is already killing thousands?
>>
>>81731897
>Steal a cosmic cube
What, do they grow on trees like fucking crabapples?
>>
I'm dreading people claiming how smart this event is on sites like CBR.
>>
>>81731421
This is a sad but true fact. Consider that Marvel shit out about one a year, you'd think they were better at it.
>>
>>81731897
Actually, I think I can see the entire 'Protect the Future' thing a bit more clearly now. I think Tony's thought process is going to be along the lines of 'We would have been able to handle it. We've handled things like this before and no one died. Its only when we are preemptive that shit likes this happens.'

Fuck you Carol. You say Rhodey was your friend. So was I
>>
>>81731421
Marvel releases thrice as more events as DC, they have the same amount of good events. It's just that Marvel's ratio of shit:good events is terribly skewed to shit.
>>
File: Anecdotal evidence.png (18 KB, 540x551) Image search: [Google]
Anecdotal evidence.png
18 KB, 540x551
>>81732021
>We've handled things like this before and no one died. Its only when we are preemptive that shit likes this happens.'
>>
>>81732021
>. We've handled things like this before and no one died. Its only when we are preemptive that shit likes this happens.
But that makes no sense and is wrong. In fact, the Avengers were lucky to always have a canary in the mine shaft before it attacks them. Like how Alpha Flight was killed before it got to them, or how Jennifer Kale was killed before they were attacked. The villains just never attacked the Avengers first, and those teams got killed.
>>
>>81732058
>they have the same amount of good events
And what good events would those be?
>>
>>81732125
>Secret War
>Infinity Gauntlet
>Age of X
>Chaos War
>AvX
>Inhumanity
>Axis
>Secret Wars
>Standoff
........ uh.... I probably missed a few, holy shit someone back me up on this.
>>
>>81732113
It could be Tony's thought process, it does not mean that it that's right. But after Rhodey dies, his thought patterns are not going to be completely logical.
>>
>>81732021
>We've handled things like this before and no one died. Its only when we are preemptive that shit likes this happens.'
First of all, that's wrong, heroes have died in action several times.
Second of all, this whole thing with Thanos is NOT an example of being preemptive. Thanos is a mass murdering super-villain with a history, he's an active threat that needs to be stopped. By Tony's logic anytime a hero goes after a fugitive super-villain he's being preemptive.
It's only pre-emptive if you go after someone that hasn't done anything yet.
>>
>>81732152
AvX was absolute misery.
And you forgot mother fucking Annihilation!!!!
>>
>>81731132
Is there a link to this comic?
>>
>>81732161
If the leader of one side is being illogical, why should we take him seriously? The more I find out about this event, the more I lean towards Carol, at least her arguments make sense. And even if Rhodey died, they succeeded at stopping Thanos and preveting him from gettint the Cube, saving countless lives.
>>
>>81732196
holy fuck yes ANNIHILATION. I just had no idea where to put it in the time line
>>
>>81732193
Like, what does Tony want here? It's Thanos! Does he need the GOTG to arrive at his doorstep, bloodied and beaten to tell him he's coming?
>>
>>81731132
>>81732208
Link for those who missed it. Thank based Scanbro.
>>81707650
>>
>>81732226
>If the leader of one side is being illogical, why should we take him seriously?
I mean, it's very clear that Marvel didn't think this thing through. The only people who will pick a side her are the ones who are just fans of the characters.
>>
......... I just realized.... they had like a substantial amount of Prep Time right? What stopped them from going to the Baxter Building and pick up the Ultimate Nullifier?
>>
>>81732301
Don't those blow up solar systems?
>>
>>81732301
Heroes are extremely reluctant to use the Ultimate Nullifier. They wouldn't even use it during Age of Ultron, it's serious shit.
More importantly, Reed is gone, so odds are the UN isn't there anymore, who knows where it is now.
>>
...Maybe he's not motivated by his friend's death and just opposes it on principle, while Carol is purely motivated by her grief.
>>
>>81732021

Funny how he's ignoring that they generally never stayed dead for long.
>>
>>81731132
Everything about the new Civil War is shit
>Bendis being Bendis
>Precog guy is super important for reasons
>Thanos just jumps down from nowhere to be a plot device because he's probably not showing up after getting punched.
>Two dead characters for 'shock' value.
>Rhodey gets shoved and accidentally hits Jen with a rocket that nukes the base
>90's shiny covers or whatever they're doing
It's so shit
>>
>>81732269
>I mean, it's very clear that Marvel didn't think this thing through.

They usually err on the side of "ADD MORE PLOT HOLES" and "MAKE EVERYONE BEHAVE OOC".
>>
>>81732373
>>Precog guy is super important for reasons
This. Precogs are nothing new. Time travel is nothing new. Why is it only a big deal NOW?
>>
>>81731927
They do occur naturally from time to time, but they get produced more often on earth since the aim days.
>>
So, they defeated Thanos and presumably "arrested" him. What do they do with him now? They can't kill him because he's immortal, and no prison can hold him for long.
>>
>>81732648
Chuck him in the negative zone
>>
File: You have failed me brain.jpg (86 KB, 803x499) Image search: [Google]
You have failed me brain.jpg
86 KB, 803x499
>>81732656
Congragulations, Thanos has just allied himself with Annihilus again, you are now responsible for the deaths of trillions of people.
>>
Wow, this has to be the most illogical, slapdash, inconsistent, blatant cash grab/publicity stunt that I've ever seen Marvel attempt.

Sad really.
>>
>>81732841
They can get away with it so who gives a shit besides butt hurt autists?
>>
>>81732648
give him to the Ultimates to play with.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (67 KB, 588x332) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
67 KB, 588x332
Was scanbro lying to us?
>>
>>81732656
Cape characters are fundamentally non-sentinent. You can't expect them to actually cogitize their surroundings in more than a very roundabout "EVIL OVER THERE, RAPIDLY EXPAND FIST"-way...
>>
>>81732922
no, Randy's just a fucking idiot who can't read. SCANBRO LEAKED THE FUCKING FCBD ISSUE YOU RETARDS.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (72 KB, 585x389) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
72 KB, 585x389
>>81732922
40 year old man, professional comic writer.
>>
>>81731132
If Thanos murdered Rhodey why is Tony mad at Carol?
>>
>>81732957
Probably because she thought taking Dazzler and Black Panther to take on Thanos and not calling the other Avengers was a good idea.
>>
>>81732974
Fair enough, but why get mad at the precog too?
>>
>>81732974
But Thanos was the killer... Shouldn't he get mad at him instead of fighting Carol?>>81732974
>>
>>81733045
It's just like how in the original Civil War everyone blamed the New Warriors even though Nitro is the one that blew up the school. In fact, nobody bothered even chasing after Nitro except Wolverine and Namor, who found him in like a day.
>>
>>81733204
So Civil War was a parable on the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan all along?
>>
>>81731897
I thought the Cosmic Cube was a little girl?
>>
>>81733386
There's more than one Cosmic Cube, calling it "the" has always been a bit of a misnomer.
>>
>>81732152
AvX was shit, Axis was 'meh' at best
>>
>>81732483
I remember the X-Men had some blind chick who's a precog
>>
>>81731828
I wonder if that how family/friends of people that died in the "war against terror" feel.
>>
>Thanos trying to steal a cosmic cube
>Shows up looking like he's from the 90s
>Gets arrested
Now all we need is the Thanos Copter and we'll have Classic Thanos again
>>
>>81732012
Marvel doesn't need to try to be better than what they shit out. All they have to do is advertise on MTV or the View and they make bank automatically.
>>
File: 1460302350537.png (133 KB, 307x391) Image search: [Google]
1460302350537.png
133 KB, 307x391
>>81732949
>Power Season 2
>Season 2

WHY
H
Y
>>
File: Thanoscopter returns.png (369 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
Thanoscopter returns.png
369 KB, 590x295
>>81733519
>>
>>81732922
No, FCBD issue and #0 are different.
>>
>>81731132
Tony's motivation should be
>Holy fuck Carol can you be any more of a dumb cunt?
>If you're done being empowered or whatever the fuck the men would like to handle shit without hearing the whistling of your labia flapping in the wind.
>Seriously though
>Shut
>the fuck
>up
>>
>>81733498
Most relatives of soldiers would rather think that their loved ones died for something.
In this case, Rhodey did die for something. He died protecting the Earth from Thanos, as a soldier, Rhodey would have no regrets about dying that way.
>>
>>81731187
Come to think of it, has Thanos ever actually killed any heroes? Infinity Gauntlet doesn't count.
>>
>>81732152
>>Age of X
>>Chaos War
>>AvX
>>Inhumanity
>>Axis
I've seen nothing but disinterest and apathy toward these titles and can't say I disagree. At best some of them have been called dumb fun, bt not actaly good. Try again.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.