[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that superheroes have been commandeered by normalfags pretending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 839376-197864_49448_front.jpg (142 KB, 640x627) Image search: [Google]
839376-197864_49448_front.jpg
142 KB, 640x627
Now that superheroes have been commandeered by normalfags pretending to be geeks since the Marvel was bought by Disney, where do we go? Surely there is a better option than anime
>>
>>81727108
you could always make your own comics
>>
>>81727108
>a hypothetical MvC4 won't have X-Men/FF reps
>that means no Wolverine, Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix, or Doom
>>
>>81727263
mannn, fuck having a new marvel vs capcom, the roster is always shit and the community is always salty.
if capcom want to make a new marvel fighting game give us a new Children of the atom.
also fuck 3 v 3, bring back 2 v 2 or 1 v 1 with button imputs that aren't shit
>>
File: 1433947870618.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1433947870618.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>81727108
Well, this might be a stretch but have you tried
Enjoying things that are good regardless of who else enjoys them?
>>
>Surely there is a better option than anime

Manga.
>>
>>81727108
> Surely there is a better option than anime
Comics that aren't superheroes
>>
>>81728095
>implying
>>
>>81727108
You could grow the fuck up and just deal with the fact that things change given enough time no matter what?
Just saying.
I've been reading comics probably longer then you have, and I somehow manage to deal with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 510x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 510x327
>>81727108
>>
>>81729179
No, that would make you a cuck

>heh heh well i guess casuals just rule me now, hello new masters!
>>
>>81727108
>reading capeshit

First mistake
>>
>>81728095
Comics are superheroes you retards, beside that it's just SJWshit that I'm never gonna read.
>>
This is a terrible thread
>>
>>81729580
Found the normalfag
>>
>>81727108

man why did this game have to go and get so expensive (saturn ver, haven't looked at PS. but it's a 2d fighter to fuck PS1)
>>
>>81729679
Just emulate the arcade version man. Gonna be better than playing ports
>>
>>81727208
>You could always make an honest living based around what you love instead of sitting at home and shitposting on 4chan all day.

ARE YOU MAD, WOMAN!?
>>
>>81729729

eh. I prefer to play on my couch
>>
>>81729768
Hook it up to your tv
>>
>>81729844

To my CRT?
>>
>>81729519
Capefags truly have the worst and most needlessly limited taste.
>>
>>81730016
Yeah ok. Keep being salty that your pretentious hipster garbage and unfunny comic strips aren't popular
>>
>>81730060
>cape comics

>popular

being fodder for movies and other more widely known media doesn't necessarily equate to popularity either. besides you're only harming yourself for not even trying to branch out.
>>
>>81730092
Alright pal...inform me. What non superhero comics are more popular than the most popular superhero comics
>>
>>81730115

Archie
>>
>>81730115
Garfield
Dilbert
Far Side
Archie

Fuck, any Sunday Funny shit really.

Getting into "sjw" (despite being made before that dumbass term existed) there's

Persepolis
Maus
Acme Novelty Library
Bone series

This is just limiting myself to comic first mediums. I can talk to anybody into comics who could recognize these but probably have a hard time pinning down any cape storyline that would probably be called "for casuals" anyways.

Cape comics are a great basis for establishing recognizable characters but due to the nature of their open ended storytelling, it's damn impossible to get into them despite all the shitty reboots the Big Two push. It's why people stick to supplementary media instead cause unlike rare standalone exceptions like DKR or Killing Joke (just to limit myself to "recognizable" ones) comic storylines can't have a book end cause the character needs to keep on going.

Cape comics are fine. Capefags who insist on limiting themselves to just that and bitch about "muh casuals" are an absolute chore to deal with though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.