[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i'm trying to get caught up with Marvel so i can read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
so i'm trying to get caught up with Marvel so i can read Secret Wars and whatever is coughing up now, started Hickman's Avengers apparently I read New Avengers afterwards then Secret Wars and whatever on the side, maybe you guys can help out

anyway wtf was this niggas deal, and are they gona let him get away with what he almost did whatever it was?

kill everyone and then add his Japanese speaking son?
>>
It doesn't matter.

Nothing in the "Time runs out" arc matters
>>
Everything involving Ex Nihilo can be ignored. I honestly don't remember anything from Hickman's Avengers other than Spider-Man being funny. Just read New Avengers and Secret Wars and call it a day.
>>
>>81721680
This >>81722157.
Absolutely everything Hickman did was irrelevant and undone as soon as he was done doing it, and in the meantime it wasn't even very interesting to read.

So if you care about continuity, it doesn't matter.
And if you want an interesting story, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>81722286
>>81722157
hm really, alright ill read some of Avengers then head over to New and read whatever else on the side

sound good :)
>>
>>81721680
basically yes. cap universe forgives him after a fashion he even joins up the avengers later

i think its a fun read, but everything was just dropped after SS

bizarro vindicator is still around and POD too but we don't even know what happened to the zebra kids
>>
>>81721680

>Ex Nihilo did nothing wrong
>>
Looking back at it all it's funny how much was written by Hickman and how much we were told to read that ended up amounting to nothing with no payoff. It's not even like without Secret Wars' ending all the Hickman books would have a satisfying self contained story. It all led up to this event that didn't have a payoff for almost anything it built, it just said 'ah, fuck it, they're all dead. Restart? Y/N?'

Think about all those Hickmanverse reading guides. How many suckers actually read all that shit?
>>
>>81721680
He never killed anyone, though. He just evolved those people into a new state of being, they serve a higher purpose as living conduits for the planet.
>>
Isn't a lot of the Hickman stuff addressed in Starbrand and Nightmask?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1911x1703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1911x1703
>>81721680
If the deaths of Starbrand, Nightmask, Thor and Hype were rolled back, does that mean that Ex nihilo is chilling on Mars with his sister and the other golden ex nihilos?
>>
File: 1458454516347.jpg (12 KB, 217x204) Image search: [Google]
1458454516347.jpg
12 KB, 217x204
>>81722603
I read most of it and I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1459913069628.jpg (88 KB, 727x1488) Image search: [Google]
1459913069628.jpg
88 KB, 727x1488
I wish there was a good reading list for Hickman's Avengers and Ultimates all the way to Secret Wars. Closest I have is this.
>>
>>81722848
>>81722848

i think most of us arent reading it

ill check it out eventually
>>
File: Avengers Reading List.jpg (2 MB, 940x4545) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Reading List.jpg
2 MB, 940x4545
>>81721680
Nah man, your reading order is off. Use pic related.
>>
File: fantastic Four reading list.jpg (1 MB, 1200x911) Image search: [Google]
fantastic Four reading list.jpg
1 MB, 1200x911
>>81723669
You should also read this before Avengers/New Avengers, and should read Ultimate Comics: Ultimates 1-9 (I also recommend 25-30 as well but it's not by Hickman, so it's skippable) at some point, ideally between Fantastic Four/FF and Avengers/New Avengers.
>>
>>81722848
A little, but it's mostly Starbrand and Nightmask dealing with college and new abstracts who are attacking them through proxies.
>>
>>81723669
It's pretty good. It's getting cancelled so the trade should be easy to get. The art's pretty wonky but it makes good use of the cosmic stuff.
>>
>>81723998
>cancelled

it ended like a year ago anon
>>
>>81724332
No, it premiered last December. Final issue is coming out in May, then the trade the month after.
>>
>>81723669
Wut
Cant i just read 1 run then another?
>>
>>81725279
No, they're intertwined.

Particularly around Infinity.

And the book would be completely incomprehensible if you read one half of Time Runs Out before the other
>>
>>81722603
>how much we were told to read that ended up amounting to nothing with no payoff.

Comics everyone.
>>
>>81722871
The makers had good tastes in making those females
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.