[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who thought this would be a good idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
who thought this would be a good idea
>>
It was a good idea, it was fun as fuck.
>>
What's the issue? Why do cape comics have to be deadly serious? Why can't we have silly shit like FrankenCastle?
>>
>>81716932
Stupid =/= Fun

Stop lowering the bar
>>
>>81716891
your mom.
>>
>>81716954
>>81716932

Why do you guys associate silliness and bad ideas with fun?

I find serious cape comics fun. Something can be serious and still have humor in it without being stupid, as in the first two arcs that came before this. Punisher's Dark Reign run, and the one before it, Dead End, were pretty over the top, and fun as fuck.

Franken-Castle is just 90s levels of dumb, it's not fun.

>>81716995

this.
>>
For some reason. I want a comic event where Frank either by sheer dumb luck or took advantage of a great opportunity to murder one or two A-list villains. Which makes other supervillians start to fear that Frank is moving up from street-level criminals to supervillains so they join together and hunt for him before he gets the idea of going after them. And Castle has to avoid being hunted by them.
>>
>>81716954
serious and silly are meaningless terms the way most people use them
comics need to look like they actually give a shit about their internal rules and situations. if they don't, why should you?
the content is irrelevant, it's tone and sensemake that matters. a frankenstein can be awesome or it can be fucking Munsters shit. which one do you want in your cape comics?
>>
>>81717649
>Frank goes after a B-list Villain
>It's scorpion
>Scorpion proceeds to shishkabob the idiot

Frank only exists to fight street level gangsters and any actual threat would wipe the floor with him if it wasn't for murderwank by the writers.
>>
>>81717940
Did you not read the part where I said it was by dumb luck or an advantageous opportunity?

I'd like to see Frank try to survive supervillians trying to hunt him.
>>
File: Avenging_Spider-Man_Vol_1_6.jpg (187 KB, 626x950) Image search: [Google]
Avenging_Spider-Man_Vol_1_6.jpg
187 KB, 626x950
>>81718086

Try Dead End, Punisher 2009 #6-#10. He takes down super powered freaks in that.

Also in the more recent Greg Rucka series, and his team-ups with Daredevil and Spidey in Avenging Spider-Man #6 and #22
>>
Wow. I knew DDS2 would bring all kinds of fucking newfags onto the Punishers dick.
>>
>>81718394
(You)
>>
>>81718394

>newfags

Bruh, I've been through black Punisher and avenging angel Punisher. I thought they'd learn by now. Fraken-Castel was dumb.
>>
Frankencastle was better than most of MAX
>>
>>81717940
>Scorpion
>Doing anything right

Got to bed Gargan.
>>
>>81718523

Wow, now that's some next level shit taste right here.
>>
I like these stupid Frank things; it's nice to remind MAX fans that Daredevil is still is silly cape character in the end.
>>
>>81718523
That's hardly a fair comparison when one is set in a gritty real world and the other is set in a fantastical super powered world where death is near meaningless. They're too different to compare.
>>
>>81717134
Hows it feel having a stick up y'r ass.
>>
>>81716891
frank did.
>>
>>81718577
It's true. Except for Valley Forge, which is a contender for Ennis' best writing, and the rest of the Goran Parlov stuff I'd rather read Frankencastle, or really any of Remender's run than Welcome Back Frank or The Slavers
>>
File: Punisher_War_Journal_Vol_2_9.jpg (366 KB, 1650x2550) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_War_Journal_Vol_2_9.jpg
366 KB, 1650x2550
>>81718759
>>81718747

I love Remender's Punisher. I'm way more into Punisher dealing with fantastic shit than Ennis' gritty mafia-focused stories.

I love both War Jounal series, I love fraction's stuff, I even like Jason's MAX better than Ennis'.

But I thought Franken-Castle was too silly. It took me out of the comic, it felt too cartoony. I don't hate fun, it's just that I thought it was a stupid idea.
>>
A genius
>>
>>81718646
Are you so fucking dumb that you think Punisher is a Daredevil character?

>>81718468
Fair enough, but one can't be too careful these days. The moment Frank was confirmed for any MCU relation I've been worried about the onslaught of newfags scrambling on wikipedia to become "LE NUMBER ONE PUNISHER FAN" and the giant influx of shitposts to come after
>>
>>81716891
Nobody thought this was a good idea. But then they read the story, found it was well written and enjoyable, and promptly stopped caring that it was stupid.

I mean, come on. It's the Punisher teaming up with the Legion of Monsters, and finding some kindred spirits while engaging in exciting tongue-in-cheek comic book-y action. Being dumb doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>81719214
I remember Space Punisher being pretty fun too.
>>
>>81717134
>>81716995

I dont see how something being stupid is bad by itself. But, I am biased since i like B horror movies and shit like that. If done properly out there I'm all about the stupid movies/comics. For me the term "stupid" is a compliment if that's what you're going for.

You do sound like the most boring person in the world though.
>>
>>81718998
>I even like Jason's MAX
And opinion discarded.
>>
>>81716995
Stupid != fun, but it doesn't preclude it either. The term "stupid fun" exists for a reason.
>>
>>81719361
There is nothing wrong with Aaron's run. You just heard someone on /co/ say they didn't like it so you're repeating it.
>>
File: you find us some work.jpg (383 KB, 1280x1971) Image search: [Google]
you find us some work.jpg
383 KB, 1280x1971
I loved this. Frank just kept franking, even after the franken.
>>
>>81718273
I really enjoyed rucka's run.
Been a while since I picked up punisher comic
Is the most recent one any good?
>>
>>81719497
I liked both Ennis and Aaron's run. I especially liked it when we got glimpses into Frank's past like interactions with his Father, Maria, kid's ect.
>>
>>81719497
>There is nothing wrong with Aaron's run
Steve Dillon does the art
>>
>>81718754
No, it was Michael "The Living Vampire(lolwut?)" Morbius who stitched Frank back together. He thought it was a good idea at the time.
>>
>>81719497
>Y-YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME
How about you fuck off and die, you dumb faggot?
It was a padded out, pale imitation of Ennis' writing with an absolutely retarded ending. If you like it, or even like it more than Ennis' stuff, you have shit taste.
>>
>>81718754
Frank didn't want to come back to life.
>>
>>81716891
C'mon, this was a good arc.
>>
>>81719629
Do you read or do you just look at pictures?

>>81719794
You probably are one of the new bandwagoners on /co/ who only likes Ennis' MAX and never even knew about Punisher before you saw it posted here. So...why don't you fuck off ya fricken casual fuck.
>>
>>81719317

I'm a huge fan of shitty horror flicks. Just because I disliked Franken-Castle I'm a boring person?

All I'm saying is that it was too much for me. Some things work, some things don't. The story itself, while he was Franken-Castle, was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it. All I'm saying is that Frank himself was stupid, to me, and not in a good "kek this is so crazy" way, but in a "eeeeh, this is too much." way.

Same reason I love JMS's Spider-Man, but hate the Spider-Totem shit, or love 90s Batman, but hate the whole Jean-Paul "XTREME" Valley stories.

I don't just take everything authors push down my throat and go "kek it's just COMICS faget, just have FUN"
>>
>>81719880
>Do you read or do you just look at pictures?
In comics you do both
>>
>>81719552

I haven't read anything Marvel since the All New Marvel Now thing, but I heard it's not bad.
>>
>>81719880
Oh, boy. Cool. More shitty assumptions.

Please die, or at least just shut up already, you dumb, worthless moron. Anything would be better because you definitely can't argue for shit.
>>
>>81719923
>I don't just take everything authors push down my throat and go "kek it's just COMICS faget, just have FUN"
Yeah because people here just like everything.

christ if your going to be critical don't also say dumb shit like this at the same time.
>>
>>81720109

?????????????????

What?

I'm just saying I have personal taste and draw my own lines, instead of just liking everything.

Someone said I sounded like the most boring person ever because I didn't like the idea of Frank being turned into an undead cartoony monster, and I just explained why. Why are you guys so aggressively defensive about someone not liking something?
>>
>>81720258
Because I have a tiny penis.
>>
File: 1459913522087.png (1011 KB, 610x1170) Image search: [Google]
1459913522087.png
1011 KB, 610x1170
>hating Franken Frank
>>
>>81716891

Because "it's fun!"

So many shitty superhero comics exist because of this maxim
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.