[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As the writer of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH and THE FLASH: REBIRTH,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rebirth1.jpg (57 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
rebirth1.jpg
57 KB, 786x393
>As the writer of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH and THE FLASH: REBIRTH, the word “Rebirth” has come to mean something very important to me. It’s not a brand or a marketing tool; it never has been. To me “Rebirth” is about how to approach mythology – about how to honor and celebrate the characters and their respective universes and embrace the values they embody. It’s about the past, the present and most importantly the future.

>GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH wasn’t only about the return of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. It was building on a great foundation with tales like “Sinestro Corps War” and “Blackest Night” – stories that challenged our heroes, redefined their villains and introduced new threats and adventures built on the core essence of the Green Lantern myth.

>And if we were going to do a “Rebirth” across the DC Universe, we needed to take a hard look at where it was now. And a -Rebirth” starts with bringing something back that’s been missing…

>For the DC Universe, it’s about more than just the heroes or villains we might not have seen in a while: it’s about the intrinsic values of what DC Comics and its universe stand for.

>That’s epic storytelling.

>That’s legacy and honoring the past, while moving it all to the future.

>That’s hope.

>In a world of digital cynicism and perhaps justified skepticism, I hope you’re surprised when you read the books.

>I hope you’ll feel the passion the creators have for the DC Universe within their pages.

>But my greatest hope is that all our readers—old and new, returning and die-hard—get a sense of the entire universe as one cohesive, living organism built on the greatest heroes and villains in the world, honoring what’s come before while looking to what will come tomorrow.

>“Rebirth” is the next chapter in the ongoing saga of the DC Universe, and I can’t wait for you to experience it.

That sounds fucking awesome, but do you get the feeling most of the new announced books arent living up to that.
>>
>but do you get the feeling most of the new announced books arent living up to that.

For fuck's sake they haven't even released a single issue. Can we at least wait until June to shitpost about how terrible they are?
>>
>>81715408
I loved the idea of a whole line built on that 2006-2009 include and transcend style would be awesome, but this honestly just feels like random new runs without any kind of grand vision.

Anyone else notice this?
>>
>>81715493
I am not shitposting about how bad they are, just that Johns crafted this amazing vision and the books show nothing that follows through on that.

A Green Lantern Rebirth but for everyone sounds fucking awesome. We dont seem to be getting that
>>
>>81715408

>cohesive, living organism

They know. The Hypercrisis is upon us.
>>
>>81715408
>>That’s epic storytelling.
>>That’s legacy and honoring the past, while moving it all to the future.
>>That’s hope.

I think most of the books are set to live up to this, as far as I can tell. More than anything -- and perhaps the reason why Johns mentioned it first -- is the move back to telling great stories (which is why Johns has also emphasized the improvement in editorial).

Because really, none of this would matter or be important if good stories weren't the goal. IMO, I view Rebirth as the "Windows 7" to the New52's Windows Vista -- more similar than different, but better in every way that really matters. The New52 honestly wasn't a bad idea, but given that it was a rushed concept, it seemed clear that they were just trying not to be drowned by the pressure. Rebirth seems to come from a place of more confidence and more vision.
>>
>>81715408
I'm really excited for Rebirth despite DC letting me down in the past. Am I an abused lover?

Also what is everyone pulling if you are at all?

Batman
Nightwing
Action Comics
Trinity (for the art)
JL
Blue Beetle
Super Sons
>>
>>81719936
Batman
Nightwing
Wonder Woman
Blue Beetle
Trinity
Supergirl
Probably Supersons
Maybe Superman
Maybe Superwoman
All of Young Animal
>>
>>81720019
I'm also really iffy on Superwoman. I like Jimenez but I really don't want it to be another Jane Thor.
>>
>>81715493
>but do you get the feeling most of the new announced books arent living up to that.
No. Majority of the series have great creative teams.
>>
>>81719936
I'm going to get at least the #1 for each title, maybe even for #2 as well. After that I'll decide on what ones I keep pulling.
>>
File: face.jpg (658 KB, 794x1200) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
658 KB, 794x1200
>>81720155
True. But why does Titans, one of the series I want the most, have to have fucking Bret Booth on it? I was under the impression a lot of people hated him but I guess I'm one of few.
>>
It's just a bunch of press release speak horseshit. Just give me some good fucking comics and we're cool. I don't need sold on the idea of writing good comics.
>>
>>81719604
But nothing really strikes anyone as super good aside from known. Factors like King, Seeley,Rucka and Way
>>
>>81720155
What are you talking about,

The whole line up is like five heavy hitters, a bunch of middle of the road generics and like zero new talent
>>
>>81720450
>But why does Titans, one of the series I want the most, have to have fucking Bret Booth on it?

Because you have shit taste
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.