[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the original Ninja Turtles get an omnibus already?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Tmnt1cover.jpg (154 KB, 250x377) Image search: [Google]
Tmnt1cover.jpg
154 KB, 250x377
>>
Aren't they collected in four hardcovers?
>>
>>81709620

Five, actually. Sixth is out sometime this year.
>>
>>81709683
I thought the fifth was just the extra miniserieses. What the hell could be in the sixth?
>>
>>81709620
No, it's a sixty issue run and those hardcovers only have 7-8 issues each and they have the balls to charge $30 a piece for them. They need to make a Big Damn Sin City or 52 Omnibus size book for the original Eastman Laird turtles.
>>
>>81709620
>>81709830
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/4050-20281/object-appearances/4060-26934/
>>
>>81709760

4 and 5 are City at War. 6 will be a bunch of minis and shorts that Eastman and/or Laird directly worked on. Pretty pointless, since they've all been collected in the Color Classics TPBs already.

>>81709830

If it isn't in one of the hardcovers, then its not considered "canon" and they don't want to include them.

Some of them can't be reprinted legally, anyway.
>>
>>81709973
Who're "they."

What's illegal about it? You own the ip, you own the story.
>>
>>81710912

IDW. The ones who have comic rights. To them, the only comics that are canon and should be reprinted are 1-15, 17, 19-21, 27, 28, and 48-62.

Any other issue is done by a guest artist, and they eventually sold the publication rights to Mirage (and later, Nick, then IDW). IDW only wants the canon stuff collected, so they leave the guest stuff out.

The exception to this is issues 24-26 and issue 30, which were all drawn by Rick Veitch. He refused to sign over the rights, so IDW can't touch them.
>>
>>81711168
Guess I just don't see how it's considered "non-canon" just because it's by a different artist. Story is what matters. Why does Rick Veitch's signature/consent even matter? Shouldn't Laird and Eastman's; the original creators; signatures be the only ones that matter?
>>
>>81712494

Nah, Mirage was very hands off back then. If the guests made it, they own it. Eastman and Laird had to pay them to get the guest issues reprinted. Veitch wouldn't budge.
>>
>>81711168
If I remember right all the guest issues are collected in paper back trades, just can't think of the name of what they're called.

Im kind of surprised IDW hasn't announced a trade collecting the Image run when they got various super powers and cyborg shit, though I think that has something to do with Eastman not wanting em to happen.
>>
>>81713759

TMNT Classics does the guest issues.

Except for the Michael Zulli issues. Those got a fancy 'TMNT Legends' hardcover.
>>
>>81709581
dumbass
>>
>>81717664
Faggot
I can call people names too
>>
what the fuck is up with the animated series? The turtles have been getting their asses kicked constantly.

Now all of a sudden Raph can beat Xerg? What was the point of all that training and shit they did if they can't even beat one Triceraton?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.