[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I want to start reading Moon Knight...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: moon-knight.jpg (104 KB, 620x943) Image search: [Google]
moon-knight.jpg
104 KB, 620x943
What title should I begin with? and Which run was best?
>>
>>81707403
Same, I'd like to know.

Also why does his arms have other superhero arms?
>>
>>81707403
>>81707551
First volume ranges from decent to amazing depending on the issue. #22-26 and 28-30 are the high points, but 11-15 are pretty solid as well.

The Warren Ellis run is awesome and you should read it.

Everything else is optional.
>>
>>81708938
Yeah, honestly start from the beginning. Moon Knight is one of those few super heroes whose early issues still stand up. Stuff like Stained Glass Scarlet and his brother's return are good even by modern standards.
>>
>>81710641
>>81708938

Reminder that Marc's brother story arc happens when Moon Knight stories were published in Hulk! magazine.
>>
>>81710843
Yeah I know. Still good.
Really early MK is good until Fist of
Khonsu. Fuck Fist of Khonshu
>>
>>81707403
Moench's run
Dixon's run
Nothing else.
>>
>>81711056
Ellis' run is the best
>>
>>81711115
>Ellis
JUST
>>
>>81711056
>Np Hudson
>No Ellis
>No Bunn after reveal
Yeah no.
>>
>>81711056
>Dixon's run

WTF is wrong with you?
>>
>>81707403
His Civil War issue is really good
>>
>>81707551
In Bendis's run, Moon Knight's other personalities took the forms of Captain America, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. The run itself wasn't great but I liked the concept.

IIRC there's one part where he actually starts fighting some criminals with web shooters and fake Wolvie claws and the criminals are freaking out because they have no idea what's going on anymore.
>>
>>81710641
>Stained Glass Scarlet
This.
Is.
Fucking.
Amazing.
Also the sequel where that crazy nun returns and trows him off a building on another volume was good too.
>>
>>81707403

Personally, I liked the first volume. That late 79's / early 80's artwork is amazing and the plots are great.
>>
Not fucking Bendis.
>>
>>81714920

Best character
>>
>>81711056
What the fuck
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.