[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clark Kent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Curious- is Clark Kent really an attractive individual?

I don't mean looks so much as what he brings to the table with his personality and mannerisms.
In some variations Lois Lane totally falls for him as Clark Kent and him being Superman was basically a Super-Bonus to it.

So what about him as...him?
Like what if he were to try speed dating or something.
>>
>>81703279
He's a motivated, upstanding, strait-laced man with a steady job who's got both a compassionate side and a relatively confident, alpha personality. And he's good-looking.

There's literally nothing unattractive about him.
>>
He kinda downplays it as Clark I think - dresses sort of schlubby, bad posture and messy hair. I don't think he's as sexy as Bruce, but not a bad looking man. He's tall and broad so that's usually attractive enough.
>>
>>81703444
I thought he was insecure and bumbling, self critical and downplaying of himself. At least that's what I reckon from how he appears in the original Superman movie and some iterations of his animated appearance.
>>
>>81703596
this is Kent, not this>>81703444
>>
>>81703702
This >>81703444 is for people who know him as Superman. This >>81703596 is Clark Kent.
>>
Clark Kent has had a few girls want him
But he only ever has eyes for Lois most of the time.

If someone had the Kat Grant "sometimes I swear you're from another world" image
I don't got it on my phone
>>
>>81703279
Square-jawed high-cheekboned face with big burly farmboy muscles and disarming country charm and witticisms. Yeah I'd say he's pretty attractive.
>>
File: 965ß078045763.jpg (41 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
965ß078045763.jpg
41 KB, 300x298
>>
>>81704294
>high-cheekboned face
The glasses obscure his eyes and cheekbones

>big burly farmboy muscles
He wears baggy clothes and slouches

>disarming country charm and witticisms
He intentionally acts bumbling and timid
>>
yeah, that's why Lana is so wet for him all the time
>>
>>81706642

I've always loved that image, but has anybody ever done a "She's All That" joke with Clark?
>>
>>81706726
>The glasses obscure his eyes and cheekbones
Dude high cheekbones will pull the cheek muscles even with glasses, you'd have to wear a motocross masc to cover that.

>He wears baggy clothes and slouches
Yeah and baggy clothing on ripped dudes looks sweet, because, you know, they are ripped.
Also slouching when you are nearly 7f tall means you are like 6/6

>He intentionally acts bumbling and timid
Most muscle bros are not the sharpest folk, the fact he is not an asshat means that for women, he is not always a try hard, that can be admirable.
>>
>>81703516
>>81703702

The way Siegel and Shuster wrote him, 1938 to about 1950s, he always dressed well, no schlub or poor posture (think the Fleischer cartoons for reference); likewise, George Reeves did not show him as anything other than well-dressed, good posture, good grooming.

S:TAS and for the few occasions JL/JLU showed Clark, again, well dressed, comfortable, confident, good hair, etc.

I think you are solely basing it on some of the comic book iterations, All Star (and it's animated adaption) and the Reeves/Donner-verse, as well as Superman Returns (which itself is a love letter to the Donner-verse).

The books I know best are mostly the first four Archive, Chronicle books and the post Byrne runs, all of which show him as nothing like: >>81703516 and certainly not at all once married to Lois (so 1990s to 2011).

And consider either Smallville or Lois & Clark in the equation, sure Welling had messy hair but that was more of a WB/The CW thing (like Padalacki's - sp? hair and so many of their other 'stars').

>>81703444
>>
>>81707070
I would agree with this. I don't think the dressing down to play up the differences is a bad portrayal by any means but it is outnumbered by stories, especially modern ones, where that's not really present.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.