[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIVIL WAR II To Debut ‘Power Metallic Gloss’ Covers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Civil_War_II_Cover_Treatment.jpg (101 KB, 575x361) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_II_Cover_Treatment.jpg
101 KB, 575x361
CIVIL WAR II To Debut ‘Power Metallic Gloss’ Covers

http://www.newsarama.com/28776-civil-war-ii-to-debut-power-metallic-gloss-covers.html

We be 90s again!
>>
File: spidermanvariants-jpg.jpg (251 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
spidermanvariants-jpg.jpg
251 KB, 600x306
>>81700019
>>
The industry deserves to burn if they're that eager to repeat the mistakes of the past.
>>
>>81700019
>Reading/buying marvel events
Hahahaha, I don't like this meme
>>
I think the industry is headed towards another crash. Once the movie bubble pops I wonder what will happen to all these comics.
>>
>>81700406
Based Snyder saved DC again.
>>
>>81700406
a) Movies have no influence on comics sold.
b) People have been saying that for 13+ years, it's no longer interesting.
>>
What is this?. Are those like real metal or what?. I don't understand
>>
>>81700473
>what is suicide squad
>what is the flash
>what is most of new 52
>>
>>81700176
They can afford to crash industry. Disney will fix everything.
>>
File: disgusted batman.png (82 KB, 158x269) Image search: [Google]
disgusted batman.png
82 KB, 158x269
>>81700019
>>
>>81700511
What are they?
>>
>>81700406
>once action movies stop being popular
lol, okay
>>
>this is the same company that made fun of DC for their Futures End covers
Never change, Marlel.
>>
>>81700019
FLOPPY MARKET CRASH SOON COMRADES

thank God DC's focusing more on trades
>>
>>81700019
I'm sitting here, laughing about the '90s Market Crash callbacks already thoroughly convinced this'll be a shit event regardless.
Now, I'm contemplating buying the main issues because fuck, who wouldn't want to own "Marvel Cannot Learn Their Lesson, A Tragedy"?
>>
>>81700844
Don't buy it and encourage them, anon.
>>
>>81700844
You don't need to buy it now because there will be multiple copies of it laying around years from now.
Retailers are gonna over order it so much thanks to them believing CW is going to bring people there
>>
>>81700579
> this is the company that said when they cross over 616 with Ultimate they will officially be out of ideas
>>
>>81704636
I remember that being the case in the '90s, but wasn't there some issue whereby retailers couldn't send the stuff back for a refund like they can do now?
>>
>>81700844
>Now, I'm contemplating buying the main issues because fuck, who wouldn't want to own "Marvel Cannot Learn Their Lesson, A Tragedy"?

Wait about a year and you can find most of them in the discount bins. Most events end up there regardless of quality.
>>
>>81700019
Who's that guys on the right that's about to fight Ironman?
>>
>>81704713
>but wasn't there some issue whereby retailers couldn't send the stuff back for a refund like they can do now?

Comic book retailers generally can't return stuff for refunds except unless the company allows it for certain circumstances (like for instance, DC offered returnability on some titles for the New 52, or something like that). It's been that way since the 80's or so.

Newsstands can return unsold stuff for credit, IIRC. That's a different market.
>>
>>81705111
Huh, I'm friends with the guy in charge of ordering comics at my LCS and he never seems that worried about being able to send Marvel/DC stuff back if it doesn't sell.
Something about ordering a certain amount allows him to return stuff that doesn't sell, I think?
Anyway, I don't know exactly how it works so maybe they can't send stuff back as easily as I thought.
>>
File: 1412230512203.png (390 KB, 318x1812) Image search: [Google]
1412230512203.png
390 KB, 318x1812
>>81700019
>the 90s are officially back
Beautiful. The hype is absolute.
>>
>>81700176
It's bizarre how the wearly similar to the 90s status quo the current industry outlook is.
>Image is back
>Low sells in the big two
>Gimmicks
>Crossover every two mounths
But now Marvel can't sell thier movie right to bail them out.
Honestly, I can't wait for it to happen so I can see all the hacks and the pretentious fuck out on the street. It suprises me how not a single modern comic gives me the same joy that a new chapter of Jojolion does, or a Ultimate Spiderman used to do back in the day.
>>
>>81705581
Nobody learned from history, I don't think.
>>
>>81700019
didn't they made fun of DC having lenticular covers? Now they're doing this shit?

>>81700511
Most of the New 52 aren't related to the movies. Then again the movies are so detached from the comics just from Snyder alone that it's easy to see why the comics stray from them.

WW looks like her movie version because Rucka liked the costume

Harley's sudden boost in popularity has nothing to do with Suicide Squad and even with it she'll still be pushed hard and sell well just because she's in it (Seriously? How did she get so popular suddenly? It's not like DC pushed her hard, was Conner and Palmiotti's book really that good for the casuals?).

The Flash barely has anything to do with the show outside Black Wally for some reason, no Vibe, no Killer Frost, no RUN BARRY RUN and certainly no Ass Patty. Even so, it sells spectacularly low for a comic with a hit show, like 40K At the max.

Fuck Benjamin Percy got a lot of shit from Olicity Shits from saying that his comic will be different from the show. Even so, his book still sells the same as Flash AFAIK

And a lot of people like to claim that it was because BvS on why Superman #50 sold well but it's pretty obvious that it's because of the interlocking variant with Batman.
>>
>>81705581
Image makes a lot of good books now and not just edgy 90's OCs. Sure there are a few obvious movie pitches, but they're much better off than they were back then.
>>
>>81710064
Yeah they made fun of the Futures End 3d variants
>>
>>81705581
>Crossover every two mounths
It's every two weeks for Marvel.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.